VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 31st, 2018 #61
Alex Him

Smile

Komsomolskaya Square

My photos - https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1120 and last of https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1119

Published on May 13, 2018

Published on December 15, 2015

Published on November 2, 2014

Old June 15th, 2018 #62
Alex Him

Smile

On the former narrow-gauge railway of the Gorky Industrial railway transport company. Trains still traveled here 20 years ago. Lakes "Pustoye" and "Kamskoye".

0:23 - It’s twenty past five a.m. We are located in the village of Kuzmiyar. Today is 1 July [2017].

0:30 - "The village of Kuzmiyar."

0:35 - "July 1. The first day of the travel."

0:40 - We will follow the former narrow-gauge railway. First we visit Lake Kamskoye and then Lake Pustoye.

0:50 - This small village can be called the last stronghold of civilization in this forest, marsh and peatland area.

1:10 - In the 70s of the XX century in the village began to work Kama peat enterprise. This was due to the presence in the vicinity of the village of a large number of peat bogs with large peat reserves. In the village, the population began to grow rapidly, a new school building was built. However, in the perestroika years, the Kamskoye peat enterprise and its divisions curtailed their activities in the district.

1:42 - We went out to the narrow-gauge railway. It was dismantled and there were no traces left of it. Now this is the road for motor transport.

2:30 - We passed the bridge across the Nizhnaya Dorogucha River.

3:16 - The main purpose of the narrow-gauge railway was the transportation of peat.

6:20 - It’s twenty past seven a.m. We turn right from the main road to Kamskoye Lake. It's raining. There are a lot of mosquitoes in the forest.

10:23 - It’s nine o'clock a.m. We went out to the shore of Lake Kamskoye. Now we will cook lunch.

11:24 - "Lake Kamskoye."

12:00 - It’s a quarter past eleven a.m. We are leaving the lake. We will return to the main road in the same way.

14:10 - We returned to the main road. We will go to the Pustoye Lake.

17:26 - It’s three o'clock p.m. We came to the Yaloksha River. The weather here is changing fast.

19:00 - We are now in the Lopatin swamp. It is located to the right and left of us.

21:11 - "The place for a camp near the Pustoye Lake."

21:25 - It seems like there used to be a refuge there. But there was a fire in it.

23:08 - "Lake Pustoye."

25:28 - "We passed today 32 kilometers."

26:49 - "July 2. The second day of the travel."

28:05 - We collect water in the Lake Pustoye.

28:40 - We begin the return.

29:40 - I was interested to see new beautiful places.

31:58 - "In total, we passed 48 kilometers."

32:07 - "The village of Kuzmiyar."

Music:

Casey_Dont_You_Fret
Birds_in_Flight
Kai Engel - Cutrains Are Always Drawn
Moving_On

Old June 21st, 2018 #63
Alex Him

Smile

I do not consider it necessary to open a separate topic for fishing.

Author:

Hello everyone ! Barents sea calmed down and we went for the second time on sea fishing for cod. Fishing was labor, but despite bad biting came home with fish tank. But as it was watch the video ! All the while! Till we meet on channel "FISHING PATROL!

0:05 - Today is the 16th of April. The temperature is -6 degrees Celsius. We will sail in the Barents Sea to the Kildin Island area. It’s six o'clock a.m. It is expected that the wind speed will be no more than 2 meters per second or even complete calm.

0:50 - Together with me float Vitaly Nikolaevich and Vyacheslav.

2:20 - [Fishermen send greetings to their relatives.]

5:25 - Depth sounder shows a depth of 70 meters.

6:47 - Wow! This is a wolffish.
[All the rest of the fish that they caught, they are classified as cod - A.H.]

8:42 - Vyacheslav, pick it up! Carefully! Do not fall into the water!

16:45 - Vitaly Nikolaevich, are you happy?
- Yes I am happy. And I'm very tired of raising this.

18:17 - Hello, Sanya! [He answers the question] Of the large fish we caught a pair of about 8 kg.

19:05 - There are as many people here as if this is a market. Probably there are about 50 boats.

25:40 - It’s four o'clock p.m. We finish fishing. That's how much we caught today. Maybe 100 kg and maybe a little more than 100 kg.

26:50 - We sailed to the Letinsky lighthouse. Here last year we had a good fishing trip. We will make another attempt to catch the fish.

27:20 - We are not caught fish here. And now we will sail home.

29:12 - Fish was not active today. That's the amount of fish that each of us should have caught, but not three people together.

Author:

Fishing in the Barents sea near the settlement of Teriberka in Murmansk region we got on amazing and exciting show, which gave us the Northern dolphins.

Old July 2nd, 2018 #64
Alex Him

Smile

Louhi - Engozero (2017) - #1 To the island of Reutoshuari

This is the Republic of Karelia.

0:30 - "10 July - 11:46. Lake Tachkunayarvi near the Louhi railway station."

1:10 - Perhaps this is where our tent stood 20 years ago. Then there was not this forest here yet.

1:46 - "Photo of 1997."

3:20 - "Oops… I got the wrong… This is a channel…"

3:47 - "This is the flow to the lake Gryaznoe."

9:50 - "Lake Panovo."

13:12 - "10 July - 17:22. A portage to Lake Plotichnoe."

13:45 - This was a pike who struck the water.

14:02 - This, of course, is not the best place to go ashore. Now I'll go straight there [he shows].

17:20 - "Lake Plotichnoe."

19:40 - "10 July - 19:21. The island of Reutoshuari."

Old July 9th, 2018 #65
Alex Him

Smile

Louhi - Engozero (2017) - #2 To the island of Matyushi

0:03 - The first full-day of the travel began. It means that you wake up in a tent and realize that all this city turmoil, all this road bustle have remained in the past.

0:19 - "11 July - 08:56. The island of Reutoshuari."

0:23 - My body, exhausted by yesterday's travel, does not want to get out of the sleeping bag. And this means that it's time to tell you about the proposed route of this trek. I try to make all my trips as diverse as possible. Because it's boring to sail along the same river or lake from which you can not go anywhere.

0:53 - This trip will be three-stage. First there will be a lake stage. Then there will be a river stage. And finally, the longest is the sea stage.

1:05 - And this is partly a nostalgic hike. Because my brother Oleg and I passed part of this route 20 years ago. And I want to go this route again. Then we sailed with him to the river Keret after the island of Reutoshuari (where I am now). But today I will swim to the lake Keret. Yesterday I sailed this nostalgic route. Little has changed here in 20 years. Although in the place where the swamp was, already growing a young forest.

1:55 - Today I will sail to the lake Keret (it's almost right in the South). In "Yandex photo" I got acquainted with a team that for many years has been floating on a sailboat in Keret lake. And I wondered - why do they sail all in the same lake? I want to see for myself what there is some an unusual thing in the lake Keret. Because if I judge by photos this is an ordinary lake.

2:40 - I think that I will sail on the lake Keret 5-6 days. I'm in no hurry, so I will not sail straight path. Then I will have a portage from Nogtevo Bay to the lake 1-Ye Nogtevo. There will begin the second, river stage. There will begin the second, river stage on the river Vonga. About the river Vonga, I learned a long time ago when my brother Oleg gave me a book "100 selected routes for kayaking." In this book among other Karelian routes one route along the Vonga River was indicated. Even then it was written that he is a very popular and very crowded route. Then I thought that it was necessary to go for other routs more interesting and where fewer people and this route will be left for the future time. Now after 20 years this "future time" has come.

3:51 - I still have not decided whether I will swim along the river Vonga (red). Maybe I'll sail along the river Kuzema (blue). The journey time for both these routes is approximately 10 days.

4:10 - Then the longest stage begins. From the Bay of Pongoma along the coast of the White Sea to the Bay of Chupa. This stage will be approximately 30 days.

4:27 - Part of this route I already sailed in 2013. From the village of Gridino to the Bay of Pongoma. Of course, the weather will not be very good at the end of August.

5:22 - "11 July - 15:50. The island of Reutoshuari."

6:58 - Here stood our tent 20 years ago.

9:20 - Now the period of flowering of the pine and therefore on the water floats its yellow pollen. Usually the spruce blossoms a little later and its pollen has an orange color.

10:00 - Between these high rocks there is something like an aerodynamic pipe and therefore the wind here is greatly amplified.

10:40 - It seems to me that here I can make an ascent to the top of the island.

13:10 - Here, apparently, blueberries ripen earlier than in other places, although now it is still green.

13:44 - It is noticeable that once upon a time there was a fire here.

15:38 - I want to go to the south side of the island.

15:50 - Here, on the top is very cozy and around the picturesque landscapes, as in the pictures of Ivan Shishkin - https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=2005595&postcount=5 and so on

16:40 - This is a view to the south.

16:52 - And here probably there was a geodesic tower. What else could there was? Although there may have been some ritual constructions here. Is this similar to the place where the ritual was held? I do not know what it is. If it were a geodetic tower there should have been three such supports.

17:56 - "Perhaps there was a cross there."

19:01 - This is a blossoming pine. From here the pollen flies out. Then these cones will also fall.

22:44 - There is a cross here.

23:25 - Here are the twin islands.

23:28 - This is the island of Reutoshuari.

25:33 - It's time to eat something.

26:50 - "11 July - 19:49. The island of Matyushi."

28:10 - On the island of Matyushi there are many picturesque places.

28:48 - This is a place for a camp on the westernmost tip of the island.

29:20 - And this is Matyushi itself. This is so to say its self-portrait.

Old July 9th, 2018 #66
Alex Him

Smile

Louhi - Engozero (2017) - #3 Gloomy Matyushi

0:20 - "12 July - 12:29. The island of Matyushi."

4:51 - On the package is written: "We cook fish soup."

5:50 - "13 July - 14:25. The island of Matyushi."

7:50 - Yesterday evening while fishing, this wobbler caught on to the pine. Today after the 80th or 90th attempt I knocked it down from a pine tree by stone.

Old August 5th, 2018 #67
Alex Him

Smile

Louhi - Engozero (2017) - #4 It seems soon to start a storm

0:38 - "14 July - 13:08. At the channel to Lake "Severnoe / Northern."

1:50 - "14 July - 15:52. Lake Severnoe."

2:18 - This smokehouse for cold smoking of fish.

3:15 - This is Lake Severnoe. And in front you can see the Island Bolshoi.

3:19 - "14 July - 18:37. Island of moths [This is how the traveler called the nameless island]."

7:43 - "15 July - 12:49. Lake Severnoe."

8:41 - The rain begins again.

10:27 - "15 July - 15:51. Lake Severnoe."

12:42 - What a heavy rain it is trying to catch up with me! I must hurry to sail to the island and put the tent there.

13:17 - Apparently I will not make it to the island. I need to find a place for the camp somewhere nearby.

16:00 - There were poachers here, or vice versa, there were those who do not like poachers.

18:45 - The line of rain is approaching. I'm glad I had time to put up a tent.

20:07 - I want to collect pine cones and wood chips.

21:17 - "15 July - 18:46. Lake "Serebryanoe / Silver."

26:11 - The heavy wind has passed and now the usual rain with a thunder-storm.

Thread