VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 1st, 2005 #1
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

Default My two cents on TAA #2

My only complaints:

The thing that stuck out the most was Brutus' cartoons. They're good cartoons...but the drawings are terrible. The impact would be greater with better illustrations.

Also, a few of the graphics were stretched unpropotionally.

While I have no problem using ethnic slurs myself, you do turn off many whites insantly by saying 'nigger'. I can't emphasize this enough. If this is going to be distributed to the masses, I'd suggest using "negro". You gotta get your foot in the door before it closes.

Old September 1st, 2005 #2
Whirlwind

Gong. A slap in the face is classicaly seen as a challenge. negro is an insincere handshake. Challenging perceptions is the mission, right? No way is a gettalong going to abandon their position because of one paper. Why blow your shot by being "nice"? Only by outlining another point of view will we be able to make them consider their position. And in that consideration, hopefully they will discover the truth.

Old September 1st, 2005 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Eternae
My only complaints:

While I have no problem using ethnic slurs myself, you do turn off many whites insantly by saying 'nigger'. I can't emphasize this enough. If this is going to be distributed to the masses, I'd suggest using "negro". You gotta get your foot in the door before it closes.
That is a criticism that has been thoughtfully offered by many well-wishers so I don't take it wrongly.

However consider this.

Yes it's shocking and if people see that word, actually, the positive effect that they may actually do something besides ignore it, will far outweight the negative associations conjured by the word nigger. remember we're trying to break through a fog of print, audio, and visual competition to capture the reader's attention. Few words in the English language do that better than NIGGER except perhaps "FUCK."

Old September 2nd, 2005 #4
brutus

RE: Anima Eternae

My cartoons have never appeared in TAA. Those cartoons belonged to someone else.

The only reason I can see why you would choose this particular time to criticize someone else’s cartoons and attribute them to me, is because I hurt your feelings a long time ago with the cartoon below. I really didn’t intend to hurt you that deeply. As a matter of fact, I didn’t intend to offend you in any way, I was only kidding around with you.

Let it go, man!

Just to clue you in, I have no problem with the Asians living in the northern areas of Asia. I have high regard for their culture.

Old September 2nd, 2005 #5
Rounder

Quote:
My only complaints:

The thing that stuck out the most was Brutus' cartoons. They're good cartoons...but the drawings are terrible. The impact would be greater with better illustrations.

I can't believe we allow a flat-faced, flat assed, gook dwarf on activism threads, influencing TAA content. What's next ?? Moderator Mao ??

Old September 2nd, 2005 #6
Hibernian

Quote:
My only complaints:

You are not White.

Why are you posting in an activism forum?

Why is it even ALLOWED to post in a public outreach based activism forum?

If Alex is cool with it, I will salute and go back to work promoting VNN.

I'm just curious.

Old September 5th, 2005 #7
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

Quote:
My cartoons have never appeared in TAA. Those cartoons belonged to someone else.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
I can't believe we allow a flat-faced, flat assed, gook dwarf on activism threads, influencing TAA content. What's next ?? Moderator Mao ??
I'm flattered you think so highly of me. Oh, and I'm 6'1".

Quote:
You are not White.
Correct.

Quote:
are you posting in an activism forum?
RMAC linked me a PDF of TAA, so I thought I'd give my two cents on what I saw. Or is it so divine it is beyond commentary?

Quote:
Quote:

http://www.vnnforum.com/showpost.php...&postcount=138

Old September 5th, 2005 #8
siobhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernian
You are not White.

Why are you posting in an activism forum?

I'm just curious.
I agree. This is ridiculous. This troll is constantly interfering where it doesn't belong.

And I don't believe Alex OK'd him being in Activism forum.

Old September 5th, 2005 #9
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhain
I agree. This is ridiculous. This troll is constantly interfering where it doesn't belong.

And I don't believe Alex OK'd him being in Activism forum.
You moderaters heard the lady. Now to the hoosegow with this alien, miscreant primate. Besides, Intrepid needs a celly.

Thread