VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 28th, 2016 #1
alex revision

Default Academic Freedom Does Not Include Holocaust Denial

Academic Freedom Does Not Include Holocaust Denial

B’nai Brith Canada is urging the University of Lethbridge in Alberta to investigate one of its professors over suggestions that he has promoted Holocaust denial and other antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Anthony Hall, who teaches Globalization Studies, promotes the canard that Israel, rather than al-Qaeda, was responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, suggesting that the operation was the basis “for a 100 year war on Muslims for Israel.” He is also a staunch advocate of launching an “open debate on the Holocaust” alongside Holocaust deniers such as Monika Schaefer (whom he publicly recommended to be the next leader of the Green Party of Canada).

http://canadafreepress.com/article/a...ocaust-denial#

Old September 29th, 2016 #2
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Looks like they asked him to step down.

http://canadafreepress.com/comments/...d-to-step-down

Old October 4th, 2016 #3
alex revision

Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitism alleges smear campaign, as school looks to terminate

Tenured professor denies responsibility for anti-Semitic post on his Facebook page

Oct 04, 2016

A Lethbridge, Alta., professor alleged to be promoting conspiracy theories is defending himself and his job following calls by a Jewish advocacy group to have him fired after a violent, anti-Semitic post appeared on his Facebook page.

Anthony Hall says there is a smear campaign against him.

"I'm being slandered, the University of Lethbridge is being slandered," Hall told CBC Radio's Calgary Eyeopener.

"Right now, it's on my shoulders to defend the University of Lethbridge and to defend for all the faculty in Canada, the principle of academic freedom, because that responsibility has been abandoned by the administration at my university and it's been left for me and it's appropriate that I do so."

Hall is responding to questions about an anti-Semitic Facebook post made on his page by a third party and to allegations that he uses his academic credentials to deny the Holocaust and promote various conspiracy theories.

When he's not teaching, Hall co-hosts a YouTube show called "False Flag Weekly News," which allegedly promotes the notion of a Zionist conspiracy to foster hatred of Muslims through "false flag" terror events, beginning with the Sept. 11 attacks.

Hall also runs his own news website.

B'nai Brith Canada is calling to have him fired.

The advocacy group alleges that Hall is a proponent of an "open debate on the Holocaust," and that Hall has accused Israel of "playing a key role" in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Hall said he had nothing to do with a Facebook post that showed an Orthodox Jew in a headlock accompanied by text calling for the extermination of all Jews. He claims he is being targeted by people who disagree with his work.

'Mutually agreed termination' requested

The professor of liberal education and globalization studies says he met with University of Lethbridge leaders last week to discuss his future.

The university said in a statement "we have requested that Dr. Hall enter into a discussion about a mutually agreed termination of Dr. Hall's appointment to the university."

Hall was told the university could terminate his position, if he agrees. He said he has no such intention.

The school is investigating several complaints against the tenured professor, who has taught for 26 years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...aign-1.3789936

Old October 4th, 2016 #4
littlefieldjohn

It may take a while for our young people to realize that rational discourse and therefore the truth is being suppressed, but hopefully the jews are buying their own tickets out of here or digging their own graves with this sort of behavior.

Old October 5th, 2016 #5
alex revision

Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitism suspended

Tenured professor denies responsibility for anti-Semitic post on his Facebook page

Oct 05, 2016

A professor alleged to be promoting conspiracy theories and denying the Holocaust has been suspended without pay by the University of Lethbridge.

Anthony Hall is suspended pending the outcome of an internal investigation into possible violations of the Human Rights Act, university officials said in a statement.

B'nai Brith Canada called for Hall's termination after questions about an anti-Semitic Facebook post made on his page by a third party. The group also alleges the professor uses his academic credentials to deny the Holocaust and promote various conspiracy theories.

The university has "reassigned" his classes, according to the statement released Thursday.

"As well, any graduate students supervised by Dr. Hall have been assigned a new faculty supervisor to ensure there is no disruption to the academic program of students. Students affected by this decision have been notified of this change already."

Earlier this week, Hall said there is a smear campaign against him.

"I'm being slandered, the University of Lethbridge is being slandered," Hall told CBC Radio's Calgary Eyeopener.

"Right now, it's on my shoulders to defend the University of Lethbridge and to defend for all the faculty in Canada, the principle of academic freedom, because that responsibility has been abandoned by the administration at my university and it's been left for me and it's appropriate that I do so."

Hall co-hosts a YouTube show called "False Flag Weekly News," which allegedly promotes the notion of a Zionist conspiracy to foster hatred of Muslims through "false flag" terror events, beginning with the Sept. 11 attacks. He also runs his own news website.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...idge-1.3793294

Old October 11th, 2016 #6
alex revision

Faculty association questions suspension of Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitism

Association says suspension of tenured professor violates provincial law, faculty contract

Oct 11, 2016

A southern Alberta faculty association is questioning the suspension of a longtime professor alleged to be promoting conspiracy theories and denying the Holocaust.

Andrea Amelinckx, president of the University of Lethbridge Faculty Association, said the school's suspension without pay of Anthony Hall, a tenured professor, may have been premature.

"The president's [Michael Mahon] action violates provincial law and contravenes the university's contract with its faculty, which provides a process for investigating complaints, such as those alleged against professor Hall, in a fair, speedy, and thorough fashion," Amelinckx said in a statement Tuesday.

Jewish advocacy group B'nai Brith Canada called for Hall's firing last month after an anti-Semitic post was made by a third party to Hall's Facebook account.

"At first we said we would be happy with him no longer espousing the positions he holds publicly.… [But] at this point, we were hoping the university would remove him from his position," said Ryan Bellerose of B'nai Brith at the time.

Earlier this month, Hall told CBC Radio's Calgary Eyeopener he was the victim of a smear campaign.

"Right now, it's on my shoulders to defend the University of Lethbridge and to defend for all the faculty in Canada, the principle of academic freedom, because that responsibility has been abandoned by the administration at my university and it's been left for me and it's appropriate that I do so," Hall said last Tuesday.

Call for quick action

University officials announced the following day the school was suspending Hall without pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation into possible violations of the Human Rights Act.

Amelinckx is calling for quick action on the part of the school.

"We call on the board of governors of the University of Lethbridge to ensure that the allegations that have been made against professor Hall are investigated with the speed and thoroughness they deserve using the legal and contractual procedures already in place in the Post-Secondary Learning Act and the contract with the faculty association," she said.

Hall co-hosts a YouTube show called "False Flag Weekly News," which allegedly promotes the notion of a Zionist conspiracy to foster hatred of Muslims through "false flag" terror events, beginning with the Sept. 11 attacks.

He also runs his own news website.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ssor-1.3800972

Old November 24th, 2017 #7
alex revision

University of Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitic views reinstated

Anthony Hall suspended in 2016 after suggesting Zionist connection to 9/11 attacks

A professor accused of espousing anti-Semitic views has been reinstated at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta.

The university confirms Anthony Hall is no longer suspended, but won't comment further.

The board of governors and the faculty association also said in a statement that issues around Hall's activities will be addressed in the context of the faculty handbook, but they didn't explain how that would be done.

Hall was suspended last fall following comments he made in online articles and videos suggesting there was a Zionist connection to the 9-11 attacks and that the events of the Holocaust should be up for debate.

He maintains the issue is academic freedom and that he should be allowed to promote his work as he sees fit.

B'nai Brith Canada says it's outraged by the decision to reinstate Hall.

Hall is a tenured professor who has taught Native American studies, liberal education and globalization over his 26 years at the university.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...aust-1.4417505

Old August 5th, 2018 #9
alex revision

University of Lethbridge Removes Fall Classes With Professor Accused of Holocaust Denial

August 5, 2018

A Canadian professor under investigation for Holocaust denial will not teach courses next fall, according to a human rights group who objected to his return to the classroom.

Anthony Hall, a tenured professor of Globalization Studies at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, was listed as recently as late July on the school’s online course catalog as teaching two classes in the fall 2018 semester — “Capital, Culture and Globalization” and “Globalization and Education,” B’nai Brith Canada said.

Yet school officials have previously indicated that Hall — who has blamed Israel for the 9/11 terrorist attacks and called for “open debate” on the Holocaust in a video for a Holocaust-denying group — would not be allowed to lead classes pending the completion of an internal investigation.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2018/08/0...ocaust-denial/

Old August 5th, 2018 #10
Joe from OH

Canada is truly disgusting.

Thread