Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 3rd, 2020 #1
Jeffrey Smither

Default What are you doing for your hair now?

In most states, at least mine barbers are closed. At least the ones around me have been closed for at least a week or more now, and now it's state wide.

So what are you guys doing for hair cuts in the states that are shutdown and barber is not considered essential?

I got about another week before mine gets too long. I'm hoping this one guy who used to cut my hair at the barber shop but moved to a different shop does home appointments. I just find his card in a pile of papers and he does after hours appointments. Not sure house visits. Anyone shaving their head or going to try and butcher their hair and do it yourself?

I'm 36 and my hair grows VERY FAST. I also work part time at a grocery store so I don't think they will like my hair looking sloppy. A couple of the teens at my store their hair is getting pretty long too and now they can't get it cut.

Ours is going to last until the end of April. It might be interesting down here in FL what the guys haircuts start looking like when they do it at home.

Old April 3rd, 2020 #2
Ray Allan

I'm not bothering with haircuts right now, so the next time my father sees me he can tell me I look like a long-haired hippie puke the same way he did when I was a kid.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 3rd, 2020 #3
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Cool

Same as always.

Old April 3rd, 2020 #4
Tony Boone

No haircut in nearly three years. Length is three inches below shoulders. No haircut in my future.

Old April 3rd, 2020 #5
Crowe

I don't go full skin, but I will do a buzz cut with a #2 on the sides, and a #3 or 4 on top, then blend it in. I use a comb to help blend it in, just lay one up there and zip it, it'll keep you from fucking it up as well. It's easy enough to do in about 20 minutes, using a couple of mirrors.

Old April 3rd, 2020 #6
Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I don't go full skin, but I will do a buzz cut with a #2 on the sides, and a #3 or 4 on top, then blend it in. I use a comb to help blend it in, just lay one up there and zip it, it'll keep you from fucking it up as well. It's easy enough to do in about 20 minutes, using a couple of mirrors.
It won't look GQ, metrosexual like the media wants guys to look like though.

Old April 3rd, 2020 #7
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylowsac View Post
Same as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Full skin is fine, especially for the men who are young. I did have neck length hair when I was in my early university years but had to cut it short when I was a campus cop. I've worn short hair ever since I was in my early 20s. I just don't go full skin because I think I'd look weird since I'm close to 70 year of age and I inherited the genes to avoid male pattern baldness from my father's side of the family. My hair did start to turn "salt and pepper" gray when I was in my early 30s. My last hair cut was around late December or early January and I had it cut really short, just over 1/4" long all over the head. I also inherited the genetics for fast growing hair and now it's almost touching my ears.

Old April 4th, 2020 #8
jimpickens

Do it myself save $15.00.

Old April 4th, 2020 #9
Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
Full skin is fine, especially for the men who are young. I did have neck length hair when I was in my early university years but had to cut it short when I was a campus cop. I've worn short hair ever since I was in my early 20s. I just don't go full skin because I think I'd look weird since I'm close to 70 year of age and I inherited the genes to avoid male pattern baldness from my father's side of the family. My hair did start to turn "salt and pepper" gray when I was in my early 30s. My last hair cut was around late December or early January and I had it cut really short, just over 1/4" long all over the head. I also inherited the genetics for fast growing hair and now it's almost touching my ears.
That's nothing. I have to get mine cut every 3.5 weeks. It just grows so fast and very thick too! Same with my facial, chest and pubic hairs. Even the barbers say they never saw hair that thick. I'm 36 but look very young for my age.

Old April 4th, 2020 #10
Man of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post
pubic hairs.
LOL When did your ban expire? My neighbor cut my hair. Next time I won't even bother her and just dust off the clipper and razor to go full skin like in the past.

Old April 6th, 2020 #11
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
I've never had hair.

But I think I'd look something like this...

Thread