Thomas A. Durkin
Attorney at Law
Durkin and Roberts
2446 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60614

[email protected]
(309) 981-0123

Dear Tom,

I am the first to say that you absolutely destroyed Jon Fox on the witness stand. There is really no doubt about it and I have always conveyed to others my opinion on that subject. Thus you obtained a correct and righteous victory on my behalf in that regard (count three). And I thank you for that.
The problem, however, is that—in regards to the Evola charge—you conceded to the jury that he and I were talking about a federal judge when that was simply not so, and thus you caused my conviction on two charges (counts two and four) that had utterly no basis.
It is for that reason that I would hope, desire and expect that you would write a letter addressed to the Pardon Attorney admitting that your concession that Judge Lefkow was the person being talked about resulted in the conviction of an innocent man. As much as my family and I have suffered by virtue of your actions, my interest is in looking forward, not backward, but that is naturally a bit hard to do when one wakes up every day in a prison cell.
Without Judge Lefkow being talked about, the Evola charge should have been laughed out of court. The jury needed to know that we weren't even talking about the woman when Evola came to my house on 12/5/02 so that my statements on 12/7/02 were a total rejection of his new, un—solicited plans against her life. You denied that jury the truth of my case which required my full acquittal as a matter of law.
How do I live with this? Not easily. I can only live for that which I still have left: the cause of our people's future.
The fact of the matter is that your antipathy towards that cause had a big part in the way you defended me at my trial and that it was all to the bad. Therefore, I do not fault you only for your concession of a non-existent federal case. When you told the jury that I "deserve to be convicted on a moral basis," you sent the message to the jury that my life did not matter and the jury received that message loud and clear. Your own animosity towards me and what I believe in prevented you from representing me effectively, sad to say.
I sent you a letter on July 2nd. I hope that you received it okay. May I hear back from you soon. You can even set up a phone call with me if you would like. The number is (719) 784-9464. Ask to speak to Counselor Hansen. Thanks.
For Truth and Justice,
Matt Hale
"Attorney—Client Mail: Open only in the presence of Inmate" "Thomas A. Durkin, Atty at Law"
(Please place on envelope. Thanks)

P.S. If you could answer the following basic questions, I am all eyes:
What the hell am I doing in prison for forty years on charges of soliciting the murder of a federal judge when there is zero evidence that a federal judge was even being talked about on the key date in question? How exactly is that not your fault? Wasn't it important to inform the jury that we weren't talking about Judge Lefkow on 12/5/02? Did they not need to know that in order to fairly adjudicate whether I was guilty of the charges? If a man is charged with trying to rob a bank, doesn't his jury need to know that it wasn't a bank?

cc: Patrick Blegen (co-counsel at trial)

Old October 18th, 2019 #2
Hugh Akston
Banned

Some observations regarding this letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweaver View Post
An open Letter to Tom Durkin, the lawyer
who represented Matt Hale at his criminal trial in 2004:

Dear Tom,

I am the first to say that you absolutely destroyed Jon Fox on the witness stand. There is really no doubt about it and I have always conveyed to others my opinion on that subject. Thus you obtained a correct and righteous victory on my behalf in that regard (count three). And I thank you for that.

Let's face it: this crooked attorney won't be swayed by a couple of crumbs of flattery.

The problem, however, is that—in regards to the Evola charge—you conceded to the jury that he and I were talking about a federal judge when that was simply not so, and thus you caused my conviction on two charges (counts two and four) that had utterly no basis.

This is where it gets confusing (to me) as to what happened in that courtroom. If Hale's attorney "conceded" that Hale was plotting the murder of a federal judge then it's apparent his attorney wasn't interested in exonerating Hale. So how in hell did that happen? Didn't Hale ask his attorney before he made his closing arguments what he intended to say? Hale himself was an attorney, although he had no courtroom experience. Still, he should have known enough to ask just what attorney Durkin was going to say in his closing argument - a closing argument (it turns out) more in line with what a prosecutor would say rather than a defense attorney. It still amazes me that Hale did not know ahead of time that his attorney was going to "concede" that he and Tony Evola were plotting the murder of a federal judge. Once the attorney did that it was game over for Matt Hale.

It is for that reason that I would hope, desire and expect that you would write a letter addressed to the Pardon Attorney admitting that your concession that Judge Lefkow was the person being talked about resulted in the conviction of an innocent man. As much as my family and I have suffered by virtue of your actions, my interest is in looking forward, not backward, but that is naturally a bit hard to do when one wakes up every day in a prison cell.

The attorney will never make such a concession. That would be the equivalent of a doctor admitting - years later - that his incompetence in the operating room resulted in the death of a patient. Hale's not stupid; he should know that his sleazy ex-attorney is never going to admit that.

Without Judge Lefkow being talked about, the Evola charge should have been laughed out of court. The jury needed to know that we weren't even talking about the woman when Evola came to my house on 12/5/02 so that my statements on 12/7/02 were a total rejection of his new, un—solicited plans against her life. You denied that jury the truth of my case which required my full acquittal as a matter of law.

Even if that is true, Matt Hale would then have to say just who he and Tony Evola were talking about. But, again, Hale's asking his sleazy ex-attorney to admit he was a bumbling fool - or else that he deliberately worked to get Hale convicted. Why would he admit to either charge, after all these years? Out of a sense of "justice and honor"? The dirtbag has none. Not now - not back then. He merely picked up an easy paycheck "defending" Matt Hale (whom he openly stated back then that he despised) so why on earth would he admit to malfeasance when he's got a successful law firm raking in the big bucks? Why would he threaten that? He's got absolutely nothing to gain by helping Matt Hale.

How do I live with this? Not easily. I can only live for that which I still have left: the cause of our people's future. The fact of the matter is that your antipathy towards that cause had a big part in the way you defended me at my trial and that it was all to the bad. Therefore, I do not fault you only for your concession of a non-existent federal case. When you told the jury that I "deserve to be convicted on a moral basis," you sent the message to the jury that my life did not matter and the jury received that message loud and clear. Your own animosity towards me and what I believe in prevented you from representing me effectively, sad to say.

And there you have it. Matt Hale admits that his sleazy ex-attorney had nothing but "antipathy" toward white nationalism and everything that Hale and his followers stood for. Not only that, Hale admits that his sleazy ex-attorney stated that Hale not only deserved to be convicted on a criminal basis but also on "a moral basis" and that Hale's life "did not matter." You couldn't get more damnation than that from Satan himself, and yet Hale seriously thinks this sleazy dirtbag is going to help him now?

I sent you a letter on July 2nd. I hope that you received it okay. May I hear back from you soon. You can even set up a phone call with me if you would like. The number is (719) 784-9464. Ask to speak to Counselor Hansen. Thanks.

For Truth and Justice,
Matt Hale

There will be no return call - ever. Hale's sleazy ex-attorney wanted him slam-dunked for 40 years no less than the prosecution. Nor does he lose any sleep over it, all these years later, as he relaxes at his mansion along Chicago's elite lakeside shores. The lesson here - albeit too late - is that Matt Hale should have gritted his teeth and defended himself. That way, he could've said everything he needed to say before the court and the jurors. It was his only chance, slim as it was, but he let it slip through his fingers. That said, 40 years for something in which no one died is a sentence that shows just how far the government is willing to go to destroy white nationalism.

Matt Hale's "defense" attorney Thomas Durkin during the Hale trial

Old October 20th, 2019 #3
Franco

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but: Isn't it true that Matt Hale never said "kill X judge"? Didn't he really say "do whatever you want to do" to an associate of his? In other words, he didn't tell anyone to kill anyone, right? If that's true, how on earth did he get convicted of "ordering a murder" or similar? It seems very bizarre.

Edit: never mind, this below answers my question very nicely. Hale didn't TELL ANYONE to kill anyone. "Whatever you want to do" is NOT an order of any kind. Why is Hale in prison?

"Under cross-examination, Evola agreed Hale doesn't specifically ask in the recordings for anyone to be killed but has said Hale spoke in "code."
He said he knew Hale meant business on Dec. 5, 2002, during a private exchange in which Evola inquired whether they would "exterminate the rat," a reference to Lefkow, if he could obtain her home address.
Hale put his hands behind his head, sat back in a chair, smiled and nodded while saying, "basically, 'You can do what you want,' " Evola said from the witness stand. He demonstrated the actions.
The government's transcript of the conversation at Hale's East Peoria home - Hale is quoted as saying, "Well, whatever you want to do" - doesn't indicate any non-verbal communication. Federal prosecutors earlier this week did not ask Evola about any gestures Hale may have made."

https://culteducation.com/group/963-...d-to-kill.html

-------------------

Old October 22nd, 2019 #4
mweaver
Banned

The real reason why Matt Hale is in Supermax is because he was a very effective pro-white activist with legal knowledge to challenge the status quo. The government wanted to shut him up by any means necessary. America is a fucking farce! A so-called ”free” country that houses political prisoners for speaking truth to power.

Old October 22nd, 2019 #5
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
The real reason why Matt Hale is in Supermax is because he was a very effective pro-white activist with legal knowledge to challenge the status quo. The government wanted to shut him up by any means necessary.
Maybe. But that doesn't explain why even better pro-white activists like Dr. William Pierce (who at his height ran a far larger WN organization with a far greater reach than Hale) was never targeted. Or David Duke, a WN far better known than Matt Hale ever was - both then and now. Or Jared Taylor, a far better public speaker than Matt Hale ever was. As well as a number of others. Even so, none of these WN leaders were ever targeted and slammed behind bars for 40 years. And let's not forget Alex Linder, owner of this forum. He's a great public speaker with a very sharp mind. So why hasn't he been "set up" and framed with a crime as well?

Also, it's never been adequately explained how and why Matt Hale came to choose Tony Evola as his "chief of security" when that was the equivalent of choosing child killer and cannibal Albert Fish to babysit your children. Did Hale ever bother to vet this guy? To find out anything about him? Did even one other reliable WN vouch for him? So many unanswered questions.

Old October 22nd, 2019 #6
zoomcopter

Quote:
The real reason why Matt Hale is in Supermax is because he was a very effective pro-white activist with legal knowledge to challenge the status quo. The government wanted to shut him up by any means necessary. America is a fucking farce! A so-called ”free” country that houses political prisoners for speaking truth to power.
Absolutely. He was very effective and utterly fearless, hence, a mortal threat to the (((system))). Even now, he remains very strong and has finished his third book. Matt Hale is in Supermax total isolation as a political prisoner.

Old October 22nd, 2019 #7
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post

Also, it's never been adequately explained how and why Matt Hale came to choose Tony Evola as his "chief of security" when that was the equivalent of choosing child killer and cannibal Albert Fish to babysit your children. Did Hale ever bother to vet this guy? To find out anything about him? Did even one other reliable WN vouch for him? So many unanswered questions.

Tony Evola was paid thousands of dollars by the FBI to set Matt Hale up.

With the likes of Peter Strzok and James Comey running the show, is it any wonder that Evola ratted out Hale?

Old October 22nd, 2019 #8
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post

Even Robert J. Matthews, had traitors from within The Order. They all swore their very lives to the cause, yet Tom Martinez sold Bob Matthews out.

Tags
matthew hale, thomas durkin

Thread