VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 23rd, 2012 #1
Serbian

Cool #1 Syria Thread

Quote:
Syria unrest: Reporters' deaths spark Western outrage

The killings of two Western reporters in the city of Homs and reported deaths of some 60 people across Syria have triggered further Western outrage towards the Damascus government

Marie Colvin and Remi Ochlik were killed in a makeshift media centre in Homs

Sunday Times reporter Marie Colvin, an American, and French photographer Remi Ochlik died in shelling by Syria's government forces.

The US said it was "another example of the shameless brutality" of the regime.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said: "That's enough... The regime must go."

Syrian troops have been shelling opposition-held areas of Homs for weeks.

Thousands have died since the unrest erupted last March.

The International Red Cross said it hoped Wednesday's deaths would draw the attention of the world to the many hundreds of other people suffering in Syria.

It earlier urged the government and rebels to agree to a daily ceasefire, to allow medical supplies to reach the worst affected areas and get civilians out.

However, there is no sign yet of this being agreed.

'Dreadful events'

Colvin, 56, and Ochlik, 28, were reportedly staying in a house in Homs' area of Baba Amr that was being used by activists as a media centre when it was hit by a shell on Wednesday morning.

Rockets were also said to have hit the building's garden when people tried to flee afterwards.

At least two other foreign journalists were wounded, activists said.

One was named as British freelance photographer Paul Conroy, who was working with Colvin, and Edith Bouvier of the French newspaper, Le Figaro. Bouvier was said to be in a serious condition. The dead and the injured journalists are said to have been taken to a field clinic in Baba Amr.

Activists have expressed fears that Bouvier risks bleeding to death without urgent medical attention and they were trying to get her out.

Syrian state TV said the information ministry had asked officials in Homs to determine the location of foreign journalists because it had learned that some may have been injured

In Washington, US State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said: "This tragic incident is another example of the shameless brutality of the Assad regime."

Earlier, the US warned that it was not ruling out taking "additional measures" to assist the rebels if the government onslaught continued.

In Paris, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said his country held the Syrian government accountable for the deaths.

"Damascus owes us an answer," Mr Juppe said.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron told parliament: "This is a desperately sad reminder of the risks that journalists take to inform the world of what is happening, and the dreadful events in Syria."

Later, the Syrian ambassador to London was summoned to be told that the UK expected Damascus to arrange for the immediate repatriation of the journalists' bodies and to provide medical treatment for the injured British journalist.

Colvin's last article

The editor of the Sunday Times, John Witherow, said the newspaper was doing what it could to recover Colvin's body and get Conroy to safety.

"Marie was an extraordinary figure in the life of the Sunday Times, driven by a passion to cover wars in the belief that what she did mattered," he added. "She believed profoundly that reporting could curtail the excesses of brutal regimes and make the international community take notice."

Her mother told journalists Colvin's legacy was: "Be passionate and be involved in what you believe in. And do it as thoroughly and honestly and fearlessly as you can."

Ochlik had reported from Haiti and covered many of the recent uprisings in the Arab world.

Colvin had been a foreign correspondent for the Sunday Times for two decades, and had reported from several war zones. She lost the sight in one eye in Sri Lanka in 2001 after being hit by shrapnel.

On Tuesday, she told the BBC the bombardment of Baba Amr by Syrian government artillery and tanks had been "unrelenting".

"I watched a little baby die today, absolutely horrific, a two year old - found the shrapnel had gone into the left chest and the doctor said: 'I can't do anything,' and his little tummy just kept heaving until he died. That is happening over and over and over.

The Sunday Times on Wednesday made available Colvin's last article in which she said, "We live in fear of a massacre".

Western journalists have mostly been barred from Syria since the uprising began.

But increasingly, they have risked entering the country undercover, helped by networks of activists, to report from flashpoints.

Last month, the French television journalist, Gilles Jacquier, was killed in Homs while visiting the city on a government-organised trip.

Anthony Shadid, of the New York Times, died of an apparent asthma attack in Syria last week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17136037

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old February 23rd, 2012 #2
Dawn Cannon

Syria: Seeking a Convenient Casus Belli

Alleged death of two Western journalists in Syria used to dance around UNSC veto.

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/20...sus-belli.html

Quote:
February 22, 2012 - You are an embattled nation with the entire world watching. Your allies Russia and China just made a major decision at the UN Security Council in your favor with much of their reputation and future at stake. Western propagandists have been relentlessly making up news stories regarding your nation no matter what you do, for nearly a year, starting with "Gay Girl in Damascus" who Syrian activists insisted was still real even after doubts began to surface, and leading up to daily reports from "activists say" coming out of London, England.

Your choices: continue a campaign to restore order in Homs which is admittedly overrun by cross-border militants and foreign terrorists operating with NATO support and arms, fighting under the banner of the "Free Syrian Army." Or, spend your time instead purposefully killing women and children in front of British and French journalists before plotting over easily-intercepted radios their spectacular deaths in front of a watching world?

Quite clearly there is something wrong with this narrative being given to us by the West, who have established themselves by a comfortable margin as serial liars. Iraq lost a million sons and daughters to these lies. Libya likewise was portrayed as a nation "massacring civilians" when it is now clear these "civilians" were US State Department-listed terrorists of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group who are now conducting nationwide murder sprees.

Reading any report out of the corporate-media, we find Syria's campaign against admittedly armed rebels paradoxically referred to as a "massacre," and an almost palpable fervor to justify circumventing the latest UNSC resolution veto. As news comes out of the death of two foreign journalists in Homs, Remi Ochlik and Marie Colvin who sneaked into Syria and were operating there illegally to begin with, Western leaders are unanimously calling this the "breaking point." France's Nicolas Sarkozy even stated, "that's enough now, this regime must go and there is no reason that Syrians don't have the right to live their lives and choose their destiny freely."

One wonders where Sarkozy's moral fortitude was when in January, while covering a pro-Assad rally in Homs, French journalist Gilles Jacquier was killed in a rebel attack. Unbelievably, not only does this contradict the news we've been told all along of Assad persecuting a brutal campaign against peaceful protesters, but while the attack was condemned by France, it was the Syrian government who was blamed for not protecting their journalists from armed thugs. Where were the calls for the rebels to lay down their arms? Where was the cessation of political support for the "Free Syrian Army?" Where was the decision by NATO to discontinue their support for rebels who had now murdered a Western journalist?

Clearly, reason is not driving Western foreign policy, rather a search for a convenient "casus belli" to serve where their "responsibility to protect" doctrine has failed. We will not know what really happened in Syria this week regarding the two journalists allegedly killed there, so long as "activists say" is attached to each claim made about the events.

What we do know is that the West has long ago predetermined that regime change will occur in Syria, and that they will do anything necessary, at any cost to achieve it.

Old February 23rd, 2012 #3
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

All western reporters in Syria are leftist (sub)human rights agitators or agents of ZOG.

Old February 23rd, 2012 #4
Serbian

If push comes to shove, and it begins to look like the US/Israeli backed terrorists are gaining ground, Assad should throw caution to the wind and try to lob a few rockets into I$rael. This would be a great PR move as it would then show the 'Arab street' and wider muslim world just whose side the jews are on in the conflict.

Israel's massive retaliation would put the terrorists in Syria in a difficult political position as the whole Middle East would see them as nothing more than the Zionist state's foot soldiers ,waging war with their Israeli ally against a fellow Arab state.

Assad really needs to begin thinking about directly drawing Israel into this conflict, after all he has nothing to lose as he knows what happened to Gaddafi and Saddam.

Old February 24th, 2012 #5
SSNP

These are the same reporters that tour with armed gangs and attempt to justify their attacks on my country...may they rot in hell

Old February 24th, 2012 #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Böse View Post
All western reporters in Syria are leftist (sub)human rights agitators or agents of ZOG.
Yup yup.

All the "democracy movements" (hah!) are started by journalists. Serbia circa early 2000s after the NATO bombings was the first time I saw this happening.

Old February 24th, 2012 #7
SSNP

We should celebrate this Kwunts death

Old February 25th, 2012 #8
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNP View Post
These are the same reporters that tour with armed gangs and attempt to justify their attacks on my country...may they rot in hell
Where did they find THIS twat? I don't watch talmudvision, but apparently he's 'the face of Syrian Rebels', speaking with an accent and non-eloquence of a Paki from southern England.

Old February 25th, 2012 #9
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
If push comes to shove, and it begins to look like the US/Israeli backed terrorists are gaining ground, Assad should throw caution to the wind and try to lob a few rockets into I$rael. This would be a great PR move as it would then show the 'Arab street' and wider muslim world just whose side the jews are on in the conflict.

Israel's massive retaliation would put the terrorists in Syria in a difficult political position as the whole Middle East would see them as nothing more than the Zionist state's foot soldiers ,waging war with their Israeli ally against a fellow Arab state.

Assad really needs to begin thinking about directly drawing Israel into this conflict, after all he has nothing to lose as he knows what happened to Gaddafi and Saddam.
Deep thinking and damn good ideas, Serbian. Maybe Assad is seriously considering the same, or similar, actions. Syria does have a sizeable military, therefore Assad probably has multiple military options available to him. Israeli towns and cities containing lots of kikes, are located just miles from Syria and near Israel's northern border. Perhaps, a "little" bit of choice chemicals, lobbed in, will give us some good TV news footage, for a change.

Old February 25th, 2012 #10
Michael Armstrong
Banned

Since Mr. Peres made his speech saying that Israel did not want to be an enemy of Iran, and the Iranians accepted that if they saw three things happening, they would accept that Israel did not want to be an enemy of Iran.

The three things we came up with were as follows:

1. End assassinations in Iran and elsewhere

2. Remove all embargoes, sanctions and business blockages against Iran. Since Israel was seen as the primary motivating force behind placing them on Iran, then Israel should be seen working equally as diligently at removing them.

3. Create a new paradigm of relations with the Palestinians, giving full respect to the persons and property of the Palestinians and all others in the region.

So that came to be this past week, and we will be working with all parties involved as those things are moved forward and hopefully come to be policy all around.

At the moment we have been called to put our eyes on Syria and helping to resolve that situation.

Over the weekend we will be gathering as much information on the Syrian situation as we can, and will move to direct contact with the government of Syria and US State Department beginning Monday.

My thanks to the members of VNN for their thoughts, knowledge and posting information and thoughts about the Syrian situation to the threads here on VNN. I appreciate your research efforts immensely.

I read more than I post, but now and then feel moved to say something.

Again, many thanks!!

Old February 25th, 2012 #11
littlefieldjohn

Similar islamic extremists that are killing White soldiers in AfPak, because 'they hate our freedoms' ,(no because we are allied with the Jewish entity),we are striking hands with them in Afpak , while assisting in Syria, as was the case in Libya. The misleading propaganda is rife in the 'Associated Press' and the other joo outlets , but they know they can get away with it.

Last edited by littlefieldjohn; February 25th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Old February 26th, 2012 #12
Dawn Cannon

FOREIGN DEATH SQUADS CONTINUE TO TARGET SYRIAN CITIZENS

http://libya360.wordpress.com/2012/0...rian-citizens/

“Free Syrian Army” Unleashes Suicide Bombing in Damascus; Madrid 2004 Bomber Belhadj of Al Qaeda Now Commands “FSA” from Iskanderun, Turkey; NATO Airlifting Libyan Terrorists and Weapons for Salvadoran Death Squad Option vs. Syria

Webster Tarpley: Let me confirm some things that the first speaker said. I was in Syria myself in the second half of November and I visited Homs and I went to the Zahra neighborhood and in particular the Zahra hospital and the main demand that was raised by ordinary people of all religions was that they don’t want the Syrian army taken out of there; they want the Syrian army to come in.

The main demand that I heard was that they want the Syrian army to post itself on the rooftops of houses and prevent terrorist snipers from killing people. And those snipers are killing everybody – they’re killing if you are pro-Assad, anti-Assad, taking your kid to school it doesn’t matter because they kill you and then al-Jazeera and the BBC and France24 arrive and say, uh huh, another victim of the Assad regime.

This is, regarding the US, this is the Salvadorian option. People may remember about six years ago now at the beginning of 2005 there was a discussion inside the Pentagon on how to start a civil war in Iraq and they decided they would use the death squads that they had used in Latin America and Argentina in Central America and so forth; that they could bring that to Iraq, but part of that plan was already Syria because they regarded Syria as a part of it.

Now, the specific timing of what just happened – the head of the so-called Free Syrian Army, this colonel who is undoubtedly a NATO agent of some kind, made an ultimatum on Wednesday. He said I’m giving the Syrian government four days and they have to stop shooting, they basically have to surrender or else I will carry out some spectacular action. Well… here is the spectacular action.

The other thing I would stress is that the head of the observers, the Sudanese general al-Dabi, he wanted to go to Eskandarun, Turkey because that seems to be the main NATO base from where this is all being organized.

There has been a NATO airlift from Libya with about 600 to 1500 Libyan fighters from the Libyan Islamic Fighting group, in other words al-Qaeda, led by the infamous butcher Belhadj with all kinds of weapons stolen from Gaddaffi’s arms depots; you’ve got French and British Special Forces officers; you’ve got the CIA; you’ve got the US Joint Special Operations Command running communications. I’m sure given all this the Israelis cannot be far behind.

That’s going on in Eskandarun and you notice the vast majority of violence is in these peripheral areas, it’s either the Lebanese, the Turkish, the Iraqi or the Jordanian border because it’s all being brought in from outside.

The real commander of these death squads, because that’s what they are – it’s a cross border invasion – there is no civil war in Syria; there is no uprising in Syria per se. There’s a cross border invasion of these death squads and terrorists.

Belhadj – this is the butcher of Baghdad, he was killing Shiites in Baghdad for the US to start that infamous civil war. He’s the butcher of Tripoli now, he was part of the NATO invasion. The former prime minister of Spain, Aznar, has pointed out that Belhadj is one of the prime movers of the Madrid 2004 train bombing – so he’s also the butcher of Madrid.

So, Belhadj and his gang they would now like to become the butchers of Damascus and I can’t see how anybody in Syria wants this – you’re going to get a NATO bombing and then you’re going to be put under a bunch of Libyan al-Qaeda terrorists led by Belhadj. Not a good future for Syria.

Old February 26th, 2012 #13
Michael Armstrong
Banned

While hopeful thinking that Israel wants to live in peace with Iran and others in the region, we must consider all aspects of their offerings for peace.

It may be that Israel is simply delaying attacking Iran until after Syria has gone through 'Regime Change' and has a pro Israel, pro US government installed that will allow Syrian territory to be used to attack Iran.

If they wait until Syria has been subdued, then they would be able to use Syria as a base for Western and pro Zionist Arab regimes to attack Iran.

Old February 26th, 2012 #14
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
Deep thinking and damn good ideas, Serbian. Maybe Assad is seriously considering the same, or similar, actions. Syria does have a sizeable military, therefore Assad probably has multiple military options available to him. Israeli towns and cities containing lots of kikes, are located just miles from Syria and near Israel's northern border. Perhaps, a "little" bit of choice chemicals, lobbed in, will give us some good TV news footage, for a change.

Indeed. Maybe Iran could help out as well {covertly of course}.

Turning the conflict into Israel vs Syria would be a great strategic move by Assad. After all Israel still occupies Syrian land {Golan Heights} and by drawing them directly into this war it will be hard for Arabs and muslims to continue supporting the anti Assad forces. Israel bombing Syrian towns will give even more legitimacy to the govt in Damascus and show people that it is the only protector of the Syrian people. A great propaganda coup it would be as it would isolate the CIA backed anti govt. terrorists. Assad needs to present himself as the only Arab leader who is standing up to the kikes.

Old February 26th, 2012 #15
Michael Armstrong
Banned

Here it comes for Syria...

'US to announce aerial blockade on Syria'

US readies for possibility of intervention without UN resolution, Asharq Al-Awsat reports, citing US military official; plan to include humanitarian aid to Syrian refugees on Turkey's border

Roi Kais
Published: 02.25.12, 13:21 / Israel News

The Pentagon is readying for the possibility of intervention in Syria, aiming to halt Syrian President Bashsar Assad's violent crackdown on protesters, the newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat reported Saturday, citing a US military offical.

According to the official, the intervention scenario calls for the establishment of a buffer zone on the Turkish border, in order to receive Syrian refugees. The Red Cross would then provide the civilians humanitarian aid, before NATO crews would arrive from Turkey and join the efforts.

Related articles:

US to use 'every tool available' to stop Assad
'Friends of Syria' ready ultimatum for Assad
Syria: We're not responsible for journalists' deaths

The measure would pave the way for the US to declare an aerial blockade on Syria.

The intercession is to be modeled after NATO's efforts in Kosovo, which brought an end to the Serbian control of the region. NATO's plan of action included prolonged aerial shelling.

More

Old February 26th, 2012 #16
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
Where did they find THIS twat? I don't watch talmudvision, but apparently he's 'the face of Syrian Rebels', speaking with an accent and non-eloquence of a Paki from southern England.
Yeah I have seen the JOG promoting this punk all over their media. He is no doubt receiving a large sum of money {courtesy of the kwan tax payer} to spread anti govt lies and propaganda to the lemmings in the West.

Old February 27th, 2012 #17
Michael Armstrong
Banned

This aggression against Syria comes from the 'A Clean Break Agenda' written by Richard Perle et al, for the Israeli government, and played a significant part behind the war on Iraq as well.

Quote:
The US is working in perfect concert with all the countries that are involved. They are, Israel, Iraq, Lebanon and of course, US's prostitute, Turkey. Other Arab puppet states which provide financial support, are Qatar, Saudi Arabia among others.
In other words, Israel is winding up the creation of it's 'Greater Israel' as it has already captured the United States and many other Western countries.

Old February 28th, 2012 #18
Serbian

Quote:
French far right rallies in defence of Syria's Assad

Former far-right head Jean-Marie Le Pen has defended Syria’s Bashar al-Assad on French radio, claiming Allied forces during World War II had far more blood on their hands. Has he put his foot in it for daughter and presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen?

French far-right leader Marine Le Pen spent much of last week carefully deflecting journalists’ probes into her party’s stance on Syria – only to see her plain-spoken father quash her efforts Sunday when he brazenly defended Bashar al-Assad in an interview on French radio.

Describing the Syrian conflict as a civil war, former National Front (FN) leader Jean-Marie Le Pen said that it was “not abnormal for the Syrian state to defend itself,” and that Bashar al-Assad should not face criticism from countries who fought Nazi Germany during World War II.

His comments came just days after his daughter, presidential candidate Marine Le Pen, was grilled on the subject herself. Appearing in a live TV debate on state channel France 2, Le Pen junior managed to evade the issue by arguing that there weren’t “only bad guys or good guys” in Syria. “I just hope Bashar al-Assad won’t be replaced by Islamist fundamentalists,” she concluded, firmly dodging the question.

But her 85-year-old father had no qualms in weighing in on the issue. “Bashar al-Assad is a government leader who is facing a rebellion which is both civil and military,” he declared. “I don’t find it abnormal that the Syrian state is defending itself.”

He then went on to dismiss the deaths of 6,000 people killed in the conflict, weighing the casualty count against that of Allied operations during World War II. “Yes, there is shelling every minute, every two minutes [in Syria]… But within just 30 seconds in Tokyo, 100,000 civilians were killed. In Nagasaki, Hiroshima, 80,000 were killed. In Dresden, 200,000. The people who carried out these bombings on civilians should keep quiet about Mr Assad and his 6,000 deaths over six months.”

Adding insult to injury, Le Pen also read out a poem by French Nazi sympathizer Robert Brasillach.
http://www.france24.com/en/20120227-...-pen-world-war

Old February 28th, 2012 #19
Roy
Perception Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
~~~
I've got to tell you that would be a great idea for Syria to lob a few missiles into the Zionist Entity. Arabs in the region simply aren't going to ally themselves with the Jew.

During the first Persian Gulf War, the few Jews that were in the US Army were issued new dog tags that falsely identified their religion on the tag. So, if there was a PVT Samuel Goldberg, is dog tag would label him a Roman Catholic or a Baptist. Something... just anything other than Jew. This was because the US Army realized that a Saudi soldier would not help a Jew in need. He'd rather see him die than aid him, even if they were supposed allies in time of conflict.

No one likes the Jew in the M.E. The few regimes that maintain a normal relations with the Zionist Entity are only doing it because they fear the US will attack them if they don't go along with the charade. The Jew should be doing everything possible to make the US stronger, because it is the host upon which the Zionist Entity depends. Instead of strengthening the US, the Jew is hell-bent on tearing it apart with mass immigration and shipping out of US manufacturing. When the US empire finally crashes, the Z.E. is done.

Old February 28th, 2012 #20
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
No one likes the Jew in the M.E. The few regimes that maintain a normal relations with the Zionist Entity are only doing it because they fear the US will attack them if they don't go along with the charade.
That and also the billions that the US gives them in order to be 'friends' with Israel. Apart from giving billions to the kike entity every year the White tax payer is also paying the corrupt Arab dictatorships like Saudi Arabia and Jordan, which would not have to be bribed if Israel didn't exist.

Quote:
The Jew should be doing everything possible to make the US stronger, because it is the host upon which the Zionist Entity depends. Instead of strengthening the US, the Jew is hell-bent on tearing it apart with mass immigration and shipping out of US manufacturing. When the US empire finally crashes, the Z.E. is done
It's a fine balancing act. On the one hand they have to destroy the European population through immigration and race mixing, so that another Hitler can never rise again, yet at the same time they need a strong US miltary that will do their criminal dirty work around the globe.

Tags
assad, chemical weapons, international control, israeli isis coalition, jew isis alliance, marie colvin, russia, syria, syria unrest

Thread