Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 1st, 2018 #21
jaekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironguard1940 View Post
GM does suck, and no Trump does not figure into it. Ford and Chrysler suck too for that matter.

As for the second part of your post:

A year ago I would believe that. Now that statement is a bad joke.

Trump is letting spics into the kwa in record numbers and putting THEM to work for minimum wage. I would wager GM will hire large numbers of spic workers cheap to replace the ones they laid off.
That's because you just like to piss and moan and whine all the time so you make up lies to justify it.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #22
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking "Trucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I prefer Toyotas for their rugged dependability. Those new Tahoes/Yukons do have nice interiors and plenty of power. They will break down though before 200k miles.

In the most remote regions in the world, people use Toyota Land Cruisers and Tacomas for getting around, because they can't just call AAA to come tow them, when an American shitbox breaks down.

The ultimate selling point for these little rice burner trucks is that Taliban fighters use them in Afghanistan. One of the roughest regions of the world. Because they need that level of dependability from their vehicles. American shitbox MRAPs and hummers break down all the time there. Then, the enemy rolls up in Tacomas and cleans their clocks. All this big, heavy, expensive American shitbox equipment, and they're objectively losing to Taliban fighters driving Tacomas.
I've had Toyo landcruisers that my former job (industrial sales at a large NYC plumbing supply house) leased, they're ok it was always some kind of suv for obvious reasons. I prefer a larger 4WD vehicle and if my truck ever blew up on me I'd just lease or buy another one, I've gotten more than 200k from an American SUV the key thing is maintenance. As for you're opinion of US military vehicles in Afghanistan being 'shitboxes', haha I'm sure you're aware that a fair amount of US soldiers and marines overseas whine like little bitches about every aspect of their deployment including their armored vehicles and tell some tall fucking tales to unwitting civilians who will believe their bullshit

Jus sayin.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #23
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
I've had Toyo landcruisers that my former job (industrial sales at a large NYC plumbing supply house) leased, they're ok it was always some kind of suv for obvious reasons. I prefer a larger 4WD vehicle and if my truck ever blew up on me I'd just lease or buy another one, I've gotten more than 200k from an American SUV the key thing is maintenance. As for you're opinion of US military vehicles in Afghanistan being 'shitboxes', haha I'm sure you're aware that a fair amount of US soldiers and marines overseas whine like little bitches about every aspect of their deployment including their armored vehicles and tell some tall fucking tales to unwitting civilians who will believe their bullshit

Jus sayin.
I like some of the older American trucks. Used to have a 77 Chevy Silverado, and while it did require maintenance, it was simple enough under the hood to actually work on without specialty knowledge and tools. Me and a buddy of mine rebuilt a 350CI V8. Took a Saturday, and we weren't working hard, it was mostly BSing over some beers, and doing a little bit of work on the side. We changed all the gaskets, new carburetor (had a 2 barrel, we put a 4 barrel on it), new cam, lifters, rods, distributor, plugs, belts. Leaky freeze plug, so we replaced that too. I remember taking the truck for a test drive after the rebuild, and I had 38" tires on it. It would roast the tires through 2nd gear, it was a 4 speed in the floor. The previous engine wouldn't hardly spin a tire. We're talking an extra 100 HP to that engine, easily.

But, these types of trucks aren't economical to drive anymore. Way too hard on gas.

Last edited by Crowe; December 2nd, 2018 at 09:43 AM.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #24
Sean Gruber

The worst sedan I ever owned was a Chevrolet model.

A Model "T" would be more dependable.

With perfect maintenance, it would turn over only 70% of the time. It was unrepairable after 35,000 miles.

The best, most dependable car I have ever owned was a Toyota Camry.

You could drop a bomb on it and it would still turn over the next morning. Wasn't done at 280,000 miles. But I traded for newer.

Less talk, more action

Old December 2nd, 2018 #25
Jeffrey Smither

Fords seem better lately. I had a 1999 Mustang GT that was a total POS.

The 2008 used GT I bought ran outstanding and the 2012 one I currently own has been great. Only times it has broken down is when it had a bad battery.

Jay Leno also said American cars from early 2000s and earlier and forget about it, POS.

Not sure about Chevy haven't owned on.

One thing I will mention is how fucking expensive cars are now. More than the rate of inflation.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #26
ToneDeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post

Jay Leno also said
I wouldn't be taking any info. from that biased,
zio kissing tool, which is married to a feminist
pushing zio warlord.
. . . just saying.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #27
Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneDeaf View Post
I wouldn't be taking any info. from that biased,
zio kissing tool, which is married to a feminist
pushing zio warlord.
. . . just saying.
True, but he is a car guy but pretty unbiased in that regard. He owns a lot of imports as well as American made ones.

It is the post muscle car era that really killed KWA made cars with the 1980s being the worst when they really made some real shitboxes that were slow as well.

American made cars are certainly getting better in quality but the trade off is how they have jumped in price so much. Way overpriced I think.

Old December 2nd, 2018 #28
Dan Hadaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gruber View Post

The best, most dependable car I have ever owned was a Toyota Camry.
That's the most popular car with mechanics, because the last thing they want to do when they're done fixing cars is fix their own. I believe the 99-01's are the most reliable. I believe those were made in the US and Canada.

Old December 3rd, 2018 #29
Enbyeff

I bought a 2001 Camry over 3 years ago: over 240.000 miles on it, and it still runs fine and everything electrical works. I just make sure to change the oil regularly.

Best car I ever had. Prior to it, I had '80s/'90s Fords: turds on wheels.

Old December 13th, 2018 #30
jaekel

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...irst-100-days/

Thread