VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 30th, 2018 #1
Erik T. White

Default A pretty good rifle for those who can't afford the price of an AR-15

I'll put this one up for discussion. It's the Hi-Point 9mm NATO round carbine, photo below:

Quote:
The ever-popular Hi-Point carbine is +P rated and accepts all factory ammunition. It features a polymer skeletonized stock, Weaver style rails, fully adjustable sights, last round lock open, a grip mounted magazine release and is 100 percent American made. This edition comes complete with a forward grip, and includes 2 Redball 20-round magazines along with the standard factory 10 round magazine. If you plan to shoot your carbine a lot, this is the model to choose.
http://www.lordofwarfirearms.com/rif...ed-stock-black

I read a review on this weapon. Hi-Point has a bad reputation. They're rather ugly and some say that they are trash. However, a reviewer put a full mag into a target at 250 yards. Not too bad in my book. And, three mags come standard with the rifle. I don't own one yet, but it's probably in my future. It retails for around 300 dollars and with mags totaling 50 rounds, it looks very good. I do own a Hi-Point .45 ACP. It's heavy, but puts rounds right where I want them at 100 yards.

Here's the pistol one can get for around 100 dollars brand new:

I'll put these up for discussion.

Last edited by Erik T. White; November 30th, 2018 at 04:08 AM. Reason: more info

Thread