Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 5th, 2017 #2
Ray Allan

I notice the Catalonia flag looks very similar to Cuba's flag.

I don't want to draw too much of a similarity to Ukraine with its two breakaway republics and their resulting ongoing war, but this situation could escalate very rapidly to armed conflict. Assuming it does, with Spain being a NATO member, I wonder what any US response would be since they have bases in Spain and so do the British with their base at Gibraltar. The Catalans only have local police forces, I doubt they could last long if the Spanish military is called in.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old October 5th, 2017 #3
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I notice the Catalonia flag looks very similar to Cuba's flag.

I don't want to draw too much of a similarity to Ukraine with its two breakaway republics and their resulting ongoing war, but this situation could escalate very rapidly to armed conflict. Assuming it does, with Spain being a NATO member, I wonder what any US response would be since they have bases in Spain and so do the British with their base at Gibraltar. The Catalans only have local police forces, I doubt they could last long if the Spanish military is called in.
Good eye, it is inspired in part by Cuba and Puerto Rico.

The flag has a combo of the traditional red stripes on yellow of the 'Senyera', which is used by all Spanish autonomous communities. The blue triangle with star are like Cuba and Puerto Rico. Lone star represents Catalan independence.

In fact, in the wayback, one of the articles in the Constitution of the Catalan Republic was written and approved in Cuba, 1920s.

Catalonia is responsible for 1/5th of the Spanish economy. Will be interesting to see what this U.S. Administration's response will be, yes.

Thread