VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 16th, 2019 #21
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
At Columbia, Malaysian leader says Holocaust victim numbers debatable

‘Why is it that I can’t say something against the Jews?’ asks Mahathir Mohamad, citing right to free speech

By Josefin Dolsten
25 September 2019, 10:35 pm

NEW YORK (JTA) — The prime minister of Malaysia defended his past anti-Semitic statements and questioned the number of Jews killed during the Holocaust in a speech at Columbia University Wednesday.

“I am exercising my right to free speech. Why is it that I can’t say something against the Jews, when a lot of people say nasty things about me, about Malaysia, and I didn’t protest, I didn’t demonstrate?” Mahathir Mohamad said in response to a question from an audience member.

Mohamad, who was speaking at the college’s World Leaders Forum, has called Jews “hook-nosed,” said they “rule the world by proxy” and questioned the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. He also has said that he is “glad to be labeled anti-Semitic.”

The 94-year-old leader returned last year as prime minister of the southeast Asian country after serving from 1981 to 2003.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-col...ers-debatable/

Old March 7th, 2020 #22
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Malaysia's Mahathir resigns but is asked to stay as interim PM

Prime minister's move follows a weekend of political turmoil amid bid by his party to form new government without Anwar.

24 Feb 2020

Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has announced his resignation but was asked to stay on as interim leader by the country's monarch.

Mahathir said in a two-line statement that he had informed the country's king of his resignation at 1pm Kuala Lumpur time (05:00 GMT) on Monday.

Mahathir also reportedly resigned from his own party, Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia, according to Reuters news agency, citing three sources. Mahathir's party also announced that it was quitting the ruling government coalition, Pakatan Harapan (Alliance of Hope), casting doubt on the future of the partnership.

Mahathir's decision follows a weekend of political wrangling, after it was reported on Sunday night that his party was planning to form a new government that would exclude his expected successor, Anwar Ibrahim.

The king accepted Mahathir's resignation after meeting with him later on Monday, Chief Secretary Mohd Zuki Ali said in a statement.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...054737676.html

Old March 10th, 2020 #23
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
WORLD NEWS MARCH 1, 2020 / 1:45 PM

Newsmaker: Malaysia's Mahathir down but still not out at 94

Rozanna Latiff, Joseph Sipalan

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - “I feel like I should retire, I’m so old now. But when I see what’s happening in this country...,” 94-year-old Mahathir Mohamad said at a youth meeting of his party on Sunday.

After his spectacular political gamble backfired and left him out of the prime minister’s office, the man who has dominated Malaysian politics for decades spent the day rallying opposition to the man who replaced him.

Mahathir was the world’s oldest head of government after a surprise comeback in a 2018 election, but his resignation a week ago triggered turmoil that he failed to control.

While he conceded that he would have to leave office on Sunday morning after former ally Muhyiddin Yassin was picked as prime minister by the king, he promised to challenge his successor’s legitimacy in parliament.

“If we go according to constitution, he is not the right prime minister,” Mahathir told reporters, looking little dismayed by the possibility that he might not regain power.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN20O1Q1

Old October 9th, 2023 #24
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
West promoting deceptive narrative on Hamas operation: Malaysia’s ex-PM

Monday, 09 October 2023 6:45 PM [ Last Update: Monday, 09 October 2023 6:59 PM ]

Malaysia’s long-serving former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad (Reuters)

Malaysia’s former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has censured Western states and their media outlets for their hypocrisy toward the recent Palestinian operation against Israel.

In a Monday post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Mahathir said the narrative run by certain Western states was far from truth given the “seven decades” of atrocities by Israel against the Palestinians.

“With that narrative, they stoked fear in the Western community, claiming that it is an attack on democracy and peace-loving people and that the United States in particular felt justified to extend military support to Israel to retaliate against Palestinians attacks.”

“Instead of addressing the conflict for what it actually is, they chose to continue with their deceptive narrative that it is an attack on Israel by terrorists,” Mahathir said.

“They are outright lies which have been perpetuated unashamedly by Western leaders and their media.”

“The truth is actually very simple, the Israelis had been committing war crimes, massacres, genocide and unthinkable atrocities against the Palestinians.”

“These are not one-off acts but rather systematically conducted without respite throughout the seven decades.”

‘West an active partner to Israeli apartheid, genocide’

Mahathir said Washington and its Western allies have been active partners to Israeli crimes against the Palestinians.

“The Western powers and the US are party to apartheid, genocide and crimes against humanity for as long as they support the heinous Israeli regime.”

The former Malaysian prime minister said the Western camp remains silent when Israeli settlers forcefully seize Palestinian land and farms across the occupied territories.

“The Palestinians are chased out of their land and any attempt to seek some form of restitution from the Israeli authorities are met with violence backed most times by the Israeli forces.”
https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2023/1...as-Israel-West

Old October 19th, 2023 #25
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
All Israeli crimes stem from US support of Tel Aviv: Malaysia’s ex-PM

Thursday, 19 October 2023 7:04 PM [ Last Update: Thursday, 19 October 2023 7:04 PM ]

Malaysia’s former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad

Malaysia’s former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad says all Israeli atrocities against Palestinians stem from the support the Tel Aviv regime receives from the United States.

In a Thursday post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Mahathir said “The crux of the matter is that all these atrocities committed by Israel on the Palestinians stems from the American support for Tel Aviv.”

“If the American Government withdraws its support for Israel and stop all military aids to the regime, Israel would not have carried out the genocide and mass murders of Palestinians with impunity.”

His remarks came two days after the world was shocked when Israel launched a missile attack on the Anglican-run Ahli Hospital, also known as the Baptist Hospital, in central Gaza, where, along with patients, hundreds of people had also taken refuge from Israeli airstrikes.

The brutal air raid killed at least 500 people and wounded hundreds of others.
https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2023/1...Biden-hospital

Old October 19th, 2023 #26
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
In a Thursday post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Mahathir said “The crux of the matter is that all these atrocities committed by Israel on the Palestinians stems from the American support for Tel Aviv.”
Mahathir is correct.

Tags
hook-nosed jews, mahathir mohamad, mahatir mohammed, malaysia, mh17

Thread