VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 2nd, 2011 #1
Mike Parker

Default Blacks & Immigration

Amnesty harms blacks

Posted: June 26, 2007
By Mychal Massie

May 9, 2007, T. Willard Fair, president and CEO of the Urban League of Greater Miami, in testimony before the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law of the House Judiciary Committee began his statement by saying, "Black men are much more likely to be unemployed than white men, more likely to be dropouts, in prison, in poverty, or dead. There are many reasons for grim statistics like this, including the continuing effects of slavery and Jim Crow; the shift in economy away from manufacturing; broken schools in our big cities; the glorification of self-destructive behavior by popular culture. But one factor is too often ignored – mass immigration."

While I vehemently disagree with his first reason – and can point to readily available workable solutions to his next three reasons – it is his last reason, when weighed in balance pursuant to the population group referenced and the state of same, that is most damning. It is the 10-ton pink elephant in the middle of the room that no one is willing to acknowledge.

The two groups that will, without question, suffer the greatest injury if Congress caves in to the convoluted desire of President Bush and passes an immigration bill that allows for amnesty and guest workers are the middle class and black males.

Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation points out the following: "Our research shows that low-skill immigrants' households, on average, receive $30,160 per year in government benefits while paying $10,573 in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of $19,587. The total net cost to the taxpayers of low-skilled immigrant households comes to $89 billion per annum. ("Setting the Record – and Research – Straight: Heritage Responds (again) to the Wall Street Journal"; June 12, 2007)

Three addendums to Rector's point: First, as he noted in the above article, those numbers are based on "the fiscal costs of households headed by immigrants without a high school degree (i.e., low-skilled immigrants), which currently comprise one-third of all immigrant households." Next, his numbers are based on legal immigrants; and lastly, those numbers can be discarded when illegal immigrants are factored in. Another point worth mentioning is that, while the numbers Bush and his acolytes throw out for public consumption claim 12 million illegals, in truth the most accurate representations are 20-24 million illegals that we know about.

Regardless of how liberals are wont to spin the facts, the upper class and ridiculously wealthy pay more than their fair share of taxes. The lower class pays virtually nothing in taxes, especially after factoring in earned income tax credits and the like. It is the middle class that is, and will be, disproportionately burdened (read penalized) if Americans allow Bush and Congress to pass an amnesty bill.

Such a bill would have an even more debilitating effect on black males. While it is repeatedly regurgitated that they are disaffected disproportionately – and while I am unapologetic in my opinion that they must bear the greater weight of responsibility for this reality – one can no less deny it is a fact.

Even in Historic Black Colleges and Universities, or HBCU, black males age 24 or younger represent the largest gender gap among racial groups attending college. While women as a group comprise 60 percent of all college enrollees, among HBCUs they comprise, in many instances, an even higher percentage.

What does this mean – what does it portend? It means the middle class standard of life will be mercilessly diminished. It means black males (their own fault notwithstanding) can now add illegal immigration and the proposed rewarding of same to guns, drugs and prison as a threat to their ability to compete for meaningful employment.

Factor in the genocidal effect of abortion on the black community and it doesn't take genius to understand that the future of these two groups becomes bleak.

If America can be likened to a house, I submit we must first get our home in order before inviting in permanent guests. And even at that, I advocate limiting the number of guests, with weight given to ability. The middle class already suffers from the ever-increasing burden of paying for the lifestyle decisions of the poor. Black males suffer in no small part to incredibly poor decision-making. An illegal amnesty bill would not only exacerbate these existing problems – it would do so for generations, if not permanently.

It is time for members of Congress like Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., (as I am told by a highly credible source who witnessed the incident) to stop cursing her constituents who seek audience with her to discuss the impact of illegals on the black community. I submit she and Jesse Jackson would better serve their communities by holding hands with those who oppose amnesty than by doing the same with illegal-immigrant activists in a sordid show of solidarity.

As Monroe Anderson pointed out, "[Based on] data from the 1960-2000 U.S. census reports, researchers discovered a strong correlation between immigration, black wages, black employment rates and black incarceration rates." ("Immigration hurts blacks"; June 3, 2007) To which I add, while immigration impacts blacks, illegals affect all unskilled and poorly educated, regardless of skin color – the disproportionate effect on black males notwithstanding.

Paraphrasing Fair's closing statement to the House Committee, The interests of the [middle class] and black Americans are clear: no amnesty, no guest workers, enforce the immigration law.

Mychal Massie is chairman of the National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives-Project 21 – a conservative black think tank located in Washington, D.C. He was recognized as the 2008 Conservative Man of the Year by the Conservative Party of Suffolk County, N.Y. He is a nationally recognized political activist, pundit and columnist. He has appeared on Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-SPAN, NBC, Comcast Cable and talk radio programming nationwide. A former self-employed business owner of more than 30 years, Massie can be followed at mychal-massie.com.

Read more: Amnesty harms blacks http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?...#ixzz1QwiAlOZK

Old July 2nd, 2011 #2
Mike Parker

Writer: Illegal Immigration Stifles Black Community

Listen to the Story

[10 min 10 sec]

February 17, 2010

Despite the decline in illegal immigration, its affect on certain minority groups remains a point of contention. Host Michel Martin discusses the issue with writer Cord Jefferson and Vanderbilt University law professor Carol Swain. Jefferson recently wrote an article titled 'How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America for the online magazine theRoot.com.

MICHEL MARTIN, host:

Im Michel Martin, and this is TELL ME MORE from NPR News.

Coming up, we turn to Silicon Valley where several giants in the technology field, including Apple and Google, have refused to release data about the diversity of their workforces. We will ask why.

But first, we want to talk more about unemployment. Since this recession has been officially acknowledged, on this program weve had many conversations about unemployment overall and its disproportionate effect on some groups, like teenagers, the less educated, seniors, blacks and Latinos. The overall unemployment rate, for example, is just under 10 percent. But that number is far higher for African-Americans, more than 16 percent and its even higher for black teens.

Now, some are questioning what role illegal immigration plays in that scenario. And they are asking: Is illegal immigration a factor in the high unemployment rate for African-Americans?

Joining us to talk more about this is Cord Jefferson. He is a regular contributor to the online magazine, The Root. His latest story is called How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America. Hes here with us in our Washington, D.C. studio. Also joining us is Carol Swain, professor of law at Vanderbilt University and the author of Debating Immigration. And shes with us from the studios there. Thank you so much for joining us both of you.

Mr. CORD JEFFERSON (Author, How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America): Thank you very much for having me.

Professor CAROL SWAIN (Law, Vanderbilt University; Author, Debating Immigration): Thank you.

MARTIN: Cord, now you sight the case of a North Carolina poultry producer that went from having a workforce that was 80 percent immigrant, presumably immigrant Latino, to 70 percent African-American in a very short period of time. Now, how did that happen and why did that happen?

Mr. JEFFERSON: There is an Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid in October of 2008 that came in and found 300 undocumented workers at the Raeford Farms, Columbia Farms processing plant in Columbia, South Carolina. And Raeford Farms was presumably spooked by that as they had been hiring undocumented immigrants for all their plants. And they systematically began firing all their undocumented workers in within less than a year. What had been an 80 percent Latino production line became a 70 percent African-American production line.

MARTIN: Is this what gave you the idea?

Mr. JEFFERSON: What gave me the idea was seeing the unemployment rates skyrocket in this country, especially for American-Americans overall, but also African-American male unemployment is almost at 20 percent now. I mean, thats shocking.

MARTIN: Thats right. Im sure that the plant would argue that they werent hiring illegal immigrants. And if they were, they thought that their papers were in order and so forth. There are those who would argue that thats an isolated case. Youre making the broader argument that illegal immigration, a high rate of illegal immigration is disproportionately affecting African-Americans. Why do you think thats so?

Mr. JEFFERSON: I think that, unfortunately, African-Americans are disproportionately low skilled. And African-Americans are disproportionately low educated. And those are the jobs that illegal immigrants are most often taking. And so I think that African-Americans who are low skilled and low educated who are out looking for employment in this sort of economy, they are competing with illegal immigrants of which there are millions. And so, I think that thats why theyre disproportionately affected by this.

MARTIN: Professor Swain, whats your view of this? Do you think that thats true?

Prof. SWAIN: Its not an isolated incident. Its been that kind probably for the last 10 or 15 years. Theres been story after story of factories and plants in the South, where the white and African-American workers were laid off or gradually replaced with immigrant labor.

The way our laws are when these companies are caught, they get a slap on the wrist. So, African-Americans have been displaced for a while. Their unemployment rate is always greater than the unemployment rates of white Americans regardless of the economy. Some of that is discrimination. And the numbers that we see now of the high unemployment, it actually understates the problem. Those unemployment numbers are based on people who are actually looking for work. There are millions of people of all races that have just given up.

MARTIN: Professor Swain, can I just ask you to make a distinction between legal and illegal immigration. Are you specifically arguing that its illegal immigration or immigration overall that is so profoundly affecting the employment chances of African-Americans?

Prof. SWAIN: I want to be really clear...

MARTIN: Mm-hmm.

Prof. SWAIN: ...because I have no problem with America being a nation of immigrants and immigration thats orderly and done legally. But there are some programs like the H2B Program, a visa program, brings in low-skilled labor from foreign countries to work in hotels and occupations where African-Americans and low-skilled other Americans that include whites and legal immigrants, legal Hispanics, have worked and that is a problem.

And if you look at how those programs operate, its like indentured servitude. Its another form of slavery. What we dont need in America is competition in areas where you have qualified Americans that are unemployed.

And so, Im not against legal immigration. I think we are all for legal immigration, but we have a broken system that floods the market in areas where we have Americans that are unemployed.

MARTIN: Let me just clarify this. Cord, in your reporting, is it your argument in your piece that its high levels of illegal immigration that are so profoundly affecting the employment opportunities for African-Americans or legal immigration overall or both?

Mr. JEFFERSON: I think that in my estimation and in my reporting, I think that I was sort of looking at illegal immigration only. And I think that the reason that I was is because illegal immigrants, rather, far more than their legal counterparts are highly exploitable. And I think that that is one of the main reasons that you find these employers who are looking for cheap labor, who are unwilling to hire African-Americans or low-skilled Americans of all races who are unwilling to hire them instead of an illegal immigrant.

MARTIN: I had asked initially whether the case that you sighted at this poultry plant in North Carolina is an isolated example. Give me the big picture about why you believe that this is not just an isolated case. That its illegal immigration per se is dampening the employment chances of African-Americans. So, its just a matter of arithmetic?

Mr. JEFFERSON: Yeah. Well, I think its just a matter of arithmetic and I think its just a matter of, you know, opening your eyes. I think that knowing how many illegal immigrants are in America, I mean, these numbers in the millions are sort of accepted by people on both sides of the fence.

MARTIN: So, if you figure that the number. even though the Department of Homeland Security suggests that theres about 12 million or just under 12 million undocumented or illegal immigrants in this country and that they are competing with the approximately 12 million lower-skilled African-Americans who would also be competing for those jobs.

Mr. JEFFERSON: Absolutely. I think you just have to open your eyes. In any major city in the United States, I think that if you go to any restaurant, if you go to any factory and you see Latino immigrants, I think that youd be sort of naive and kidding yourself to think that all of those workers are legal.

MARTIN: The argument here is that these immigrant workers, be they legal or illegal, are doing the jobs that most Americans wont do. What did you find in your reporting or did you address that question of the employer preference is that they said that the labor market just isnt there. What did you find?

Mr. JEFFERSON: I did look into that and I think that the numbers obviously show that there are, especially in this economy, Americans are willing to do these jobs. And Audrey Singer whos a senior fellow at Brookings said that she does believe that immigrants would do jobs that blacks wont do, but only at the wages that - the wages are an issue and the blacks wouldnt do the jobs for these sorts of wages.

MARTIN: So that made a point blacks are in a better position to bargain.

Mr. JEFFERSON: No. No, no, illegal immigrants are in a better position of bargain because they can undercut what black Americans would ask for as far as benefits and wages go.

MARTIN: Oh, so shes suggesting that theres actually an employer preference for illegal?

Mr. JEFFERSON: Oh, absolutely.

MARTIN: Okay. Professor Swain, a final question to you. Why do you think it is that this argument has not surfaced previously particularly given that a number of, you know, prominent African-American intellectuals and political leaders have certainly made an issue of the high rate of unemployment among African-Americans, but they have not really connected it to the rate of illegal immigration? Why do you think that is?

Prof. SWAIN: Its political correctness. And if you actually state these positions, you are sort of demonized. And one of the reasons that I wrote Debating Immigration, was because I saw this was a neglected area and that most of the scholars, intellectuals, members of Congress were not representing the disadvantage to Americans on this issue. I think its a disgrace.

MARTIN: But maybe its that they think its not in the long-term political interest of African-Americans to be perceived as anti-Latino. Is that possible?

Prof. SWAIN: Its not about African-Americans, its about Americans because Latinos are hurt too. Legal Latinos, their wages are depressed. Some of them are in the same boat as African-Americans. They are being discriminated against. Its also whites with low levels of education.

Its an American problem. Its not a black problem. Black people get hurt more because of discrimination. And thats, again, thats another American problem thats not being addressed adequately.

Mr. JEFFERSON: May I say one last thing? I just want to say that a lot of people sort of - and I get a lot of hate mail for this piece and sort of conflate, as Professor Swain said, sort of conflate being sort of have questions about immigration as being anti-Latino. And I think that thats sort of - thats a cheap argument. I dont fault illegal immigrants for wanting a better life. I fault employers who look at qualified African-American job applicants and say I dont want your labor. I want to hire somebody whos easily exploitable and to whom I can pay very, very obscenely low wages.

MARTIN: Cord Jefferson wrote the piece How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America for the online magazine The Root. Well have a link on our Web site. Just go to npr.org, click on programs, then on TELL ME MORE. Carol Swain is professor of law at Vanderbilt University and the author of Debating Immigration. She joined us from the studios at Vanderbilt. I thank you both so much for joining us.

Mr. JEFFERSON: Thank you very much for having me.

Prof. SWAIN: Thank you.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=123811962

Old July 2nd, 2011 #3
Mike Parker

THE HARVEST INSTITUTE

HOW IMMIGRATION HARMS NATIVE BLACKS AND ADVANTAGES IMMIGRANTS

STATEMENT OF ISSUE

Despite the stance of many civil rights groups, immigration’s impact on native Blacks and their communities is disproportionate, direct and devastating. The Harvest Institute strongly opposes any policies that increase immigration, open this nation’s borders, legalize 11 million to 20 million existing illegal immigrants, increase the number of immigrant guest workers or ease newly arriving immigrants’ access to jobs, health care, education and voting. The Harvest Institute’s mission is to help Blacks become self-sufficient and competitive as a group in America.

Full text: http://www.harvestinstitute.org/immigration.pdf

Last edited by Mike Parker; July 2nd, 2011 at 06:50 AM.

Old July 15th, 2011 #4
Mike Parker

IMMIGRATION HARMS BLACK AMERICA

“Immigration’s impact on native Blacks and their communities is disproportionate, direct and devastating,” said. Dr. Claud Anderson, president of The Harvest Institute, a Black-focused research, policy and education organization. Anderson said that the hidden national employment rate of Blacks is 35%. In cities like Baltimore, Detroit and Pittsburgh, Black unemployment is well over 45%. In New York, unemployment for Black men tops 51% and the national youth unemployment figure is nearly 80%. In the 1930s, government declared a national emergency when total unemployment reached 25%. Native Blacks are a labor class that the government and private industry are allowing to become obsolete while they reach out to foreign born immigrants to fill shrinking employment opportunities. The Harvest Institute opposes amnesty for illegal immigrant aliens, guest worker programs, and supports increased restrictions on illegal and legal immigration until the nation first lifts the legacies of slavery and Jim Crow on native Black American. Dr. Anderson said, “Most civil rights groups and elected officials turn a blind eye to the fact that current immigration laws and public policies advantage new immigrants above Blacks and bestow benefits and rights to foreign born that native Blacks still strive to acquire but have never enjoyed.”

Research from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) indicates that immigrants drive down the wage scale and displace native Black Americans in skilled and unskilled jobs. Businesses often claim that immigrants perform jobs that Americans will not. Low wage immigrants relieve businesses of the need to pay living wages. Jobs in America pay immigrants wages 10 to 20 times what they would earn in their homelands. Minimum wage is not a liveable wage for most Americans. At the same time, there are many categories of jobs that native Blacks would like to perform, but immigrants are often preferred. Both governments and the private sector ignore native Blacks as a source of labor for jobs the economy needs.

Dr. Anderson, author of best-selling books that include, PowerNomics: The National Plan to Empower Black America, once a high ranking member of the Democratic party said, “Both political parties ignore and patronize native Blacks who, across the economic strata, increasingly resent the preferential treatment bestowed upon immigrants.”

According to Anderson, “The Harvest Institute’s mission is to correct some of the historical legacies of exclusion by helping Black America to become more self-sufficient and competitive as a group.

The Harvest Institute bases its opposition to increased immigration on the Constitution which mandated the United States government to correct the effects of slavery on Blacks. Laws created slavery and enslaved Blacks as a group. Therefore, to emancipate slaves and to change government policies that were legal under slavery but illegal after emancipation, Congress passed corrective laws and Constitutional Amendments. Congress mandated Due Process and Equal Protection for Blacks in the 13th and 14th Constitutional Amendments, and in the 1866 Civil Rights Law mandated that “...all levels of government [to] use all necessary means to lift all the badges and incidents of slavery off the shoulders of black people.” None of the mandated corrective actions have ever occurred. Nor did the civil rights laws and social integration of the 1960s lift the “badges and incidences of slavery” from native Black Americans.

Instead of implementing the required corrective measures, the federal government enacted policies which advantaged immigrants over native Black Americans.

The immigration policies of the United States have made native Black Americans this nation’s only planned, permanent, involuntary minority-loser. Immigration hurts Blacks more than any other population group in America in the following ways:

? The legacies of the slavery and Jim Crow legal regimes continue to affect native Blacks. Of all the nation’s population groups –Whites, Asians, Blacks and Native Americans– native Blacks have the highest unemployment, lowest median household income and the lowest number of businesses. Immigrants compete with native Black Americans and displace them economically, from housing, their neighborhoods, businesses, education, employment, affirmative action programs and in the nation’s conscience.

? Any amnesty policy that accepts the 11-20 million illegal aliens would extend immigration rights to additional family members. If each illegal immigrant brought even two people, the resultant 40 million would completely decimate and even nullify the voting strength of 36 million native Black Americans;

? According to CIS, immigrant headed households consume more in public services than they pay in taxes. The fiscal burden ranges from $11 billion to $20 billion above the net gain from having immigrants in the work force. The corporate elite benefit most from increased immigration. Native Black taxes are used to help lift immigrants and provide services to them such as health care and educational opportunities, that are not available to native Blacks.

? Affirmative action programs, originally intended as corrective action for Blacks, have been converted into preference programs for immigrants. However, ninety percent of immigrants are classified as White and Whites are excluded from affirmative action programs, why then are uninjured immigrants included in these programs?

? Immigration has erased the 10% income gains that native Blacks made between 1956 and 1966, the years of the civil rights movement.

Responsibility to enhance the lives of native born Americans should be a higher priority of the United States government than creating opportunities for foreign born. The Harvest Institute recommends that Congress and the Administration work to eliminate the disparities between immigrants, legal and illegal, and native Blacks in America and adopt the following policies:

1) Restrict immigration and train native populations, especially unemployed and unskilled Blacks, as a new labor pool;

2) Immigration reform should include resources to establish economic development programs such as community banks to specifically alleviate the direct negative impact on native Black communities;

3) Require all immigrants that seek American citizenship to demonstrate knowledge of Black history and the contributions native Blacks have made to the development of this nation;

4) Reform existing immigration law to treat Haitian refugees equal to Cuban refugees; increase the number of immigrants of African descent until their numbers match the percentage of Asians, Arabs, and Hispanics who have migrated to the United States, legally and illegally over the last 40 years;

5) Remove immigrants from affirmative action programs which were initially intended to address the native Black racial problem.

(For more detailed information see the Information Alert posted at www.harvestinstitute.org).

http://minglecity.com/forum/topics/i...ent%3A16450307

Last edited by Mike Parker; July 15th, 2011 at 06:58 AM.

Old October 1st, 2011 #5
Mike Parker

National Data, By Edwin S. Rubenstein | Blacks (And Other Americans) Lose Employment Ground On Obama’s Watch

September 29, 2011

An extraordinary ninety-five percent of black voters cast their ballots for Barack Obama. But, funny thing, blacks have suffered more than any other group during the Obama years. The winners: immigrants.

Just look at unemployment rates. While Black unemployment has for decades exceeded that of other groups, and was notably slow to improve after the 2001-2002 recession, the gap widened noticeably during the Obama years in spite of the fact that the Federal Government, and especially the Obama Administration has de facto discrimination in favor of black employment:

In words: at the start of Obama administration (January 2009),

•The unemployment rate for African Americans was 12.7%. In August 2011 (latest available data) Black unemployment was 15.9% —the highest monthly jobless rate for any race or ethnic group during the Great Recession.

•Unemployment rates also increased for Hispanics over this period, from 9.9% to 11.3%.

•White unemployment was 7.1% at the start of 2009; by August 2011 it was 8.0%.

(Note that my chart does not include Asians unemployment, 7.1% in August, because Washington chooses not to make seasonally adjusted figures available for them.)

Of course, there’s a paradox about unemployment. When confidence is low, people give up; they stop looking for jobs. Ironically, these labor force dropouts keep unemployment rates low because they are not counted as unemployed. So employment growth is probably a better measure of economic success than lower unemployment rates.

Although it’s common to hear laments about the “widening gap” between black and white workplace experiences, the similarities between those experiences are sometimes more striking—especially in employment growth (or lack of it). The real “gap” is between blacks and whites on the one hand, and Hispanics and Asians on the other—or, effectively, between native-born Americans and immigrants.

•From January 2009 to August 2011 both whites and blacks suffered employment declines: Black employment fell by 540,000, or 3.5% and white employment fell by 2.5 million, or 1.8%.

•By contrast, more Asians and Hispanics held jobs at the end of the period than at the start of the Obama years.

Particularly hard hit: Black teenagers. Since Mr. Obama took office the number of blacks 16 to 19 years old holding jobs has declined by 162,000 – a 32.6% reduction. Over the same period teenage employment declined by 17% for whites and 15% for Hispanics.

Mass immigration is one explanation. Many of the low-skilled jobs traditionally filled by Black youths are now filled by older workers—often illegal immigrants—working at sub-minimum wages.

While these entry-level jobs didn’t pay much, they instilled a work ethic and taught skills useful in more advanced occupations.

An entire generation of Blacks may be lost to the labor force.

Footnote: Black poverty rates have exceeded the national average for years. The latest data, for 2010, show a continued deterioration. More than one quarter (27.4%) of Blacks had income below the poverty line in 2010. That’s nearly twice the national poverty rate (15.1%) and about three-times the rate for non-Hispanic whites (9.9%.)

The Black poverty rate grew by 1.6 points in 2010; the national rate rose by 0.8 percentage points.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/nation...t-ground-on-ob

Old October 29th, 2011 #6
Mike Parker

October 25, 2011 | By Elahe Izadi

Pat Buchanan on How to Lower Black Unemployment

Conservative political commentator Pat Buchanan discussed his views on how diversity harms America this morning on WAMU 88.5′s “The Diane Rehm Show.” After the show we caught up with Buchanan, who is a native Washingtonian, and asked how he proposes addressing D.C.’s wealth disparities that break down along racial lines.

Buchanan said that D.C. is one of the wealthiest places in America, in part because of federal government jobs. “D.C. has problems, but I don’t think D.C., with its unemployment rate and things like that, is hurting as bad as some of the other cities and states around the country,” he said.

D.C.’s unemployment rate is 11.1 percent, which is higher than the national rate of 9.1 percent, but still lower than some of the hardest-hit states, such as Nevada. The District is also home to extreme poverty. Some nearly all-black wards of the city face Depression-era unemployment levels. Buchanan suggested a solution to the disproportionately high national unemployment rate among African Americans, now at 16 percent:

“One thing I would do is stop immigration into the country until all unemployment is down to 6 percent,” he said. “We’ve got to start putting our own people first.”

The notion that immigrants take jobs from out-of-work African Americans is the subject of recent debates in D.C. where 13 percent of the population is foreign born. Critics have raised the issue in response to Mayor Vincent Gray’s signing last week of an executive order that prevents police officers from inquiring about the immigration status of those arrested. Leo Alexander, 2010 mayoral candidate, told the Washington Examiner that Gray was “blowing the opportunity to make sure undereducated populations have jobs.”

Overall, Buchanan said “a lot of these things demand national solutions rather than local ones.”

http://dcentric.wamu.org/2011/10/pat...-unemployment/

Tags
black-jewish alliance, carol swain, immigration, jobs blacks won't do

Thread