Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > Working
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 22nd, 2011 #61
Craig Cobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas de Aynesworth View Post
A clever person could clear more than $1000 per week. There are some jobs in Alberta that are offering $28 per hour for younger fellas.
Truckers in my company with their own rigs, i.e., a tractor with the right type of trailers, are earning $30,000 to $50,000 per month. That's $360,000 to $600,000 per year. Regular drivers without their own rigs earn about $10,000 a month here. You can imagine, it's pretty disappointing to me that this thread hasn't inspired a single WN to get in on the rush. Oh, except Rounder's four young neighbors, who are just White kids without politics. I guess a share of down and outers are getting some vicarious kicks reading about this boom though, ha.

If time wasn't at a premium for me, and I didn't have more specific long term goals, I'd get one. You can buy such a rig for $60,000. Used.

Old October 23rd, 2011 #62
April

Hey Craig I need you to pm me your address so that I can send you a box of cookies as a late Bday present.

http://kalispellple.blogspot.com/

Old October 23rd, 2011 #63
Cameron Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Cobb View Post
Truckers in my company with their own rigs, i.e., a tractor with the right type of trailers, are earning $30,000 to $50,000 per month. That's $360,000 to $600,000 per year. Regular drivers without their own rigs earn about $10,000 a month here. You can imagine, it's pretty disappointing to me that this thread hasn't inspired a single WN to get in on the rush. Oh, except Rounder's four young neighbors, who are just White kids without politics. I guess a share of down and outers are getting some vicarious kicks reading about this boom though, ha.

If time wasn't at a premium for me, and I didn't have more specific long term goals, I'd get one. You can buy such a rig for $60,000. Used.
Relax. I'm saving to by an RV van setup. It is inspiring people.

Old October 23rd, 2011 #64
H.T.R.
Lover of Plumpynut

Quote:

Hey Craig! I understand your frustration, but I don't think it's as easy as you're making it out to be (at least for me, I think you have a different perspective being there in person).

I have a Class A CDL. The trouble I'm running into is lack of experience and one speeding ticket within the last couple of years (on my motorcycle playing around in the middle of nowhere, STILL ran into the ZOG machine! ). Most truck driving positions listed, whether they be on C-list, shopper, or NDworkforceconnection, require at a minimum one year experience, and more often than not, two to three years. I send out applications and resumes and get crickets chirping in return.

Don't get me wrong, I may still just roll out there with nothing lined up and camp out in the car. I figure that even in the worst case scenario, Taco John's will hire me at $15 an hour for the overnight shift so I can make enough money to come home...

Anyway, thanks for the updates. Check out this interesting article on a house some dudes built under a bridge in Williston: http://www.willistonherald.com/artic...2225746233.txt

Sure enough, the local ZOG machine showed up to throw them out. "There will be no building of shelter on my watch! I don't care IF YOU DOOOO freeze to death whitey!"

Old October 23rd, 2011 #65
Maxfield Parrish
Banned

Quote:
AG: "Hey Craig I need you to pm me your address so that I can send you a box of cookies as a late Bday present....sure enough, the local ZOG machine showed up to throw them out. "There will be no building of shelter on my watch! I don't care IF YOU DOOOO freeze to death...!"

And besides the cookies, AG, you might send CC some heavy-winter clothing right about now. Snow is expected in a couple of days. It can get bad, as this photo taken October 27 of last year shows.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Old October 23rd, 2011 #66
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Labor shortage, salary numbers just in, today, October 23, 2011...

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2011/10/want-to-double-or-triple-your-paycheck.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FmmMP+%28CARPE+DIEM%29
Saturday, October 22, 2011

OWS Crowd: Want a High-Paying Job? Move to North Dakota Where They Have a Labor Shortage

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES -- "Williston, N.D., is booming. And it's all because of the oil. People are moving there en masse. It is probably the one place in the nation where there are not enough empty homes to meet the new residents' demands.
More than 6,000 job-seekers have packed their bags and headed to the small northern U.S. town with a normal population of just 3,000. Some of the newly arrived are currently homeless, since last year only 2,000 new housing units were built. This is not nearly enough to sustain the influx. Yet more come in droves each day.

Why wouldn't they? North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate in U.S. at 3.5 percent and can tout the fact that workers' salaries have doubled and tripled recently. Individuals can make $15 an hour serving tacos (see photo above), $25 an hour waiting tables and $80,000 a year driving truck.

Oil is the reason behind this small town turned boomtown. Williston is just one of multiple towns surrounded by the oil-rich Bakken formation. This 200,000-square mile rock unit could hold anywhere between 4 billion and 24 billion barrels of oil.

Oil workers can make upwards of $100,000 a year, including overtime and bonuses. As the oilfields offer more lucrative salaries, other local businesses are raising their pay to compete. "There's not a business you can start in North Dakota right now that wouldn't make it," said Nathan Pittman, who works for a trucking company in the state."

MP: The rising tide of oil wages is lifting all wages in North Dakota.

As Peak Trader comments, the OWS protesters should move to Williston and work hard, so they can pay their fair share of taxes! It is a bit ironic that at the same time that the OWS crowd is protesting about a lack of jobs and economic opportunity in the U.S., there's a labor shortage in western North Dakota, and "there's not a business you can start in North Dakota right now that wouldn't make it." In other words, if the OWS protestors are ambitious and hard-working, they can easily find work in Williston, or start a business there and it's almost guaranteed to succeed!!

Old October 24th, 2011 #67
Justin
Banned

Craig, I've got no way to get there at this point but I'll be heading up in the spring if I can get a vehicle by then. Even with no jobs lined up I'll still be going. I've already been out to CO on the promise of a "labor shortage" and couldn't get anything out there either, so I hope it's even more of a shortage in ND...

Old October 24th, 2011 #68
-JC

Default Bakken Boom Spreads to Montana, South Dakota...

Bakken Boom Spreads to Montana, South Dakota
Posted: 24 Oct 2011 02:45 PM PDT
1. "The North Dakota oil boom is spreading into Montana, bringing development opportunities for businesses stretching across both states, said Tom Rolfstad, executive director of economic development in Williston, N.D."

2. "South Dakota auctioned off some 67,000 acresof public land in Harding and Butte counties earlier this month — one of the largest oil based public land sales in the state's recent history. One hundred and eighty six of the 189 lots were scooped up by Bedrock Oil and Gas of Boerne, Texas. Could this mean the state is on the edge of a North Dakota-like oil boom?

At this point the most responsible answer is “maybe.” Bedrock Oil and Gas have chosen to keep their intentions to themselves at this point. But they certainly didn't buy all that land for a hunting ranch."

Old October 24th, 2011 #69
Maxfield Parrish
Banned

[Since you won't control yourself, you can stay in the T.C. -A.L.]

Last edited by Alex Linder; October 25th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

Old October 24th, 2011 #70
Craig Cobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by April View Post
Hey Craig I need you to pm me your address so that I can send you a box of cookies as a late Bday present.
Thank You, April! I really miss talking politics, stirring things up, and uproariously laughing so much with you. You are so good a cook and hostess for housefuls of guests too! You are making Kalispell the place to be. When I get out of here I'll help you. Send the cookies!

I want to live. I am very hungry for it. But there's this money. It's very odd and fun to be prospering as almost the entire country is economically imploding. I'll send you my address on Facebook.

H.T.R., I think I said somewhere in this thread or in my blog--forget resumes--show up in person and often. They want on-site doers now, not a cold mail penpal. Look for trucking companies online that went bankrupt and claim you drove for them.

Justin, take a train this week. Especially if you are young. Don't wait till spring. The Macdonald's in Williston is currently paying $18 an hr.

-JC, those articles are correct. They are drilling in Sturgis, SD too.

Maxfield Parrish, I worked in oil and lived years hundreds of miles inside the Arctic Circle decades ago. No prob. Coldest I have been in was -84 or -85....something like 54 below with an almost 30 mph wind chill, as I recall. Diesel fuel gets a new viscosity, kinda like a jellied slur, at about -52.

Very dismayed no one from VNN has come here. (Excepting Eric who was here, worked and left to make a business with his earnings). I have tried to elucidate it all. I'd rather be in Kalispell or on the beach in south Sri Lanka eating spicy food, diving under perfect 6 foot curls and talking to vacationing Euro women. But at least I get to watch the Kwan depression and consider next moves in plenty.

Old October 24th, 2011 #71
-JC

Default I experienced -51 with no wind and it wasn't noticably colder than -30...

Its the wind that makes it miserable. All in all, I enjoyed my time in cold country. One learns how to dress to avoid sweating. Wool worked well for me and I burned mostly wood with a fuel oil furnace plumbed into the same stove pipe to smooth-out the temperature fluctuations. I wore a hat and avoided long underwear. Avoid getting boots or mittens that are too heavy because sweat evaporating is what chills you. I used light, fingerless gloves with over-mitten shells, most of the time working unless I had to touch cold stuff and then I wore gloves so I wouldn't "burn" myself.

Keep your eyes open for used fuel oil water heaters in town where they've brought-in natural gas: You can heat your house with them through radiators or a warm floor and they are both very quick and very economical especially when on a twist timer. Consider having fuel oil delivered to an outside tank so you can have a removable hose and nozzle to use to fill vehicles. My outside tank was plumbed into a twin tank in the basement to pre-heat the fuel oil for my furnace and water heater.

Winter fuel for most in such country is #1 diesel, which is essentially kerosene with minor additives. Charcoal lighter is deodorized kerosene with a high price tag. #! is a lot more expensive and contains less energy. Philips-Tempro makes good heaters of all sorts for vehicles. I used their fuel heater hooked-into a heater hose from the radiator in a diesel Rabbit and I was able to run fuel oil (#2 diesel, ex-tax) at 40-below but was able to stay off the road when it was colder. Starting fluid is hard on engines and keeping any vehicle in a garage is best. The pilot light on an unvented propane or natural gas wall heater from NORTHERN TOOL & EQUIPMENT, which I recommend, is often enough to make the difference in a small garage. That is the way that those in-the-know in cold, dry country at least supplement heat in their homes and, if that makes you nervous, get a carbon monoxide alarm.

When I'd start up after stopping at a traffic light, I'd hear a bang that sounded like something was breaking in the running gear but it was just the tires that froze to the roadway breaking loose.

Dirt roads are smoother than pavement in such country and are a blessing if they are available and maintained. Carry survival gear. In the Dakotas, you probably won't need chains because its so cold though studded tires helped me avoid needing four-wheel-drive.

Firearms can act a little different when its really cold. Go easy on lubricants and talk to locals about how ammunition behaves. Surplus 7.62 x 54 and 7.62 by 39 of Russian manufacture are old friends that have never let me down.

Last edited by -JC; October 24th, 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Old October 24th, 2011 #72
remnant

Default fyi

The other big Shale Boom is Eagle Ford- South Texas... From what I gather , similar in size, a bit bigger resource than the Bakken, not quite as high quality. I think the same kind of Boom is going on -

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...er-1390441.php

http://www.chron.com/business/energy...ms-1690501.php

http://www.chron.com/business/energy...as-1685388.php

Oil rush creates jobs boom in Texas

Old October 25th, 2011 #73
Cameron Cook

Might want to look into the natural gas drilling going on in Pennsylvania.

Old October 25th, 2011 #74
Craig Cobb
Banned

There are just two dancing girls baars in Williston. Both are by the rail station at the end of main street. A news report a friend told me of today says the Vegas girls like dancing here more than in Vegas, and that the oil workers literally throw money at them. Reptilian brain in action. They are said to be making $2,000 to $3,000 per night. That's around $750,000 or so a year if they can keep up the pace. Minus stepped on blaster, dilaudids and boyfriend's allowance.

Old October 26th, 2011 #75
IZAN
I got the rope

Do you have any photos of the area? Where you are working, things you are doing from day to day? The average living conditions?

I am interested, but pictures, words, you know.

AH

Old October 26th, 2011 #76
April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfield Parrish View Post

And besides the cookies, AG, you might send CC some heavy-winter clothing right about now. Snow is expected in a couple of days. It can get bad, as this photo taken October 27 of last year shows.

[I] Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Hey know it all, I actually did some clothing shopping for Craig already and sent him a large box of nice socks, sweatshirts and flannels as well as a super heavy jacket he has been getting compliments on from the truckers......ask Craig himself why dontcha. So neener neener........

Old October 26th, 2011 #77
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Crime turns oil boomtown into Wild West

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/26/pf/A....htm?iid=HP_LN

Watch your stuff.

Old October 26th, 2011 #78
Craig Cobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAN View Post
Do you have any photos of the area? Where you are working, things you are doing from day to day? The average living conditions?

I am interested, but pictures, words, you know.
Some of the young guys are taking my pic since they found out what I do politically. I can't show my company's camp for obvious reasons. There is money here. Trust me. Just come. You'll make money.

Late today I got a concussion and staples in the head from machinery bong. Plus, they cut my hair on part of one side for the staples, and the summer sun had turned it blonde. The breaks. It is highly enjoyable to experience different levels of consciousness. My friend said he thought I was dead. Only knocked out 30 secs, but loss of memory of how I got to hospital. I dreamed the face, I had a gf (not a Goyfire), ha. Then I remembered her name. Woke up in hospital. Had CAT scan. Back to work tomorrow. That's life.

Old October 27th, 2011 #79
April

Quote:

Late today I got a concussion and staples in the head from machinery bong. Plus, they cut my hair on part of one side for the staples, and the summer sun had turned it blonde. The breaks. It is highly enjoyable to experience different levels of consciousness. My friend said he thought I was dead. Only knocked out 30 secs, but loss of memory of how I got to hospital. I dreamed the face, I had a gf (not a Goyfire), ha. Then I remembered her name. Woke up in hospital. Had CAT scan. Back to work tomorrow. That's life.

Be careful Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 28th, 2011 #80
Kennewickman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Böse View Post
Crime turns oil boomtown into Wild West

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/26/pf/A....htm?iid=HP_LN

Watch your stuff.
Judging from this article the locals will be soon crying to get their towns back with the minimum wage jobs and the peace they had for the last centuries…

I am also worried about the well being of Al Gore’s “peak oil” gang… what they going to do now?

Tags
craig cobb, dickinson, jobsnd, jobsnd.com, white nationalism, williston

Thread