VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 7th, 2015 #1
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default "Alone" Reality Show

Anyone else watching this? It broadcasts on The History Channel on Thursday evenings.

The show takes 10 men (who appear to all be white) who are "survival experts" and drops them off alone in the middle of a thick rainforest in British Columbia. Only allowed 10 items. No food or water provided.

They are each given multiple cameras which they use to self-document their attempts to survive, basically. They have a sat-phone they can use to "tap out" and call for rescue when shit gets real (Bears, wolves, inability to get a fire started). Last man standing wins half a million bucks.

Only took 24 hours for the first guy to bail. Bear issues. One other guy had serious bear issues 48 hours in, one guy had wolf issues, one (who seemed to have it together) carelessly lost his fire-starting flint, which caused him to fold. 6 guys still left on day 5.

What struck me is how quickly a few of the men seemed to begin to lose it mentally after just a couple of days of isolation. Stammering, teary-eyed declarations of eternal love for your family are to be an expected part of such a situation eventually I would think, but fuck, not before a loaf of bread can go stale.

At any rate, it's interesting to see just how tough it would be to live as a true hunter/gatherer.

Old July 7th, 2015 #2
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Looks like an interesting show.
Im sure we could all learn from it but even if we don't.
ITS A MANS PROGRAME.

If you don't watch jew TV you can watch Alone on line.
Best to get ad block to stop the pop ups.Its free.

This works just pick your link.
http://www.clicknwatchonline.com/alone-s01e01/

Old July 12th, 2015 #3
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Down to 5.

One of the participants wasn't able to get a fire started at all, so he was drinking brackish water which he filtered through moss, which apparently isn't good enough to make water potable. He started hallucinating, seeing "Mayan symbols " glowing on the roof of his tent at night, and called for rescue. The ability to start a fire seems the most important factor in a survival situation.

One of the guys set up a net and caught himself a large salmon that he was able to roast. Unfortunately, it appears cougars (not the sexy kind) also enjoy salmon, as the episode ended with a big kitty sniffing around his camp.

After just 5 days in what admittedly is an extremely harsh environment, all of the remaining 5 men seem to be cracking up to various degrees.

Mother Nature is a real bitch.

Old July 12th, 2015 #4
keifer

If you do not know where to start these two videos will get you there. Everyone in your group should have this type of set up.

10 piece kit.

The knife discussion to end all other knife discussions. The knife is the most costly piece of gear because it is not the time to go cheap.

Old July 12th, 2015 #5
keifer

What struck me is how quickly a few of the men seemed to begin to lose it mentally before a loaf of bread can go stale.

Mind if I use this quote in the future?

Old July 12th, 2015 #6
Olaf Menes

The interesting thing here is the apparent inability for so called "Survivalists" to prepare the most challenging tool in a wilderness/crisis situation. The mind.

A so called "Survivalist" expert can't make fire? LMFAO. In a forest like that, it is always possible to start a fire if you know where to look for tinder.

Being able to stay calm and think your way out of situations/mental preparation is the most important tool you can have.

Bears and cougars? don't make me laugh. Only an idiot would fall into most of this reality tv scripted garbage.These "Reality" shows are created to do two things.....Along with the laughable naked and afraid.... to get ratings, and....Demoralize people into thinking it is impossible to survive without the comforts of modern society and being under the wing of civilization.

I found the hardest thing to survive in a wilderness challenge does not come from bears or cougars or rabid skunks....it comes from, lack of common sense, the inability to separate book "Smarts" from practical experience, clean water, mosquitoes and snakes, and simple condensation and clothing accumulated moisture in the winter.

Anyone with any real survival experience knows never to catch, cook or store food anywhere near where you sleep. Any food prep must be fast and trailing.....at least a mile away, meaning even the residue of cooked food can get you tracked by a hungry apex predator. In a massive wooded area, building a predator safe sleeping area is relatively simple. These guys are scripted morons. Don't fall into the "Unreality" of reality TV.

Old July 12th, 2015 #7
keifer

I did a 5 day course without food, limited gear in which case they took that gear away as the days went on. In the end we had just a blanket, 15' of cordage and a compass. I was caught off guard a little because it ended up being an intense navigation agenda. Food and water deprivation will show itself clearly when doing even the most basic of math calculations. I showed up ready to spear some carp and jack some rabbits. I also showed up in a wilderness environment forwhich I had zero experience with. My partner,who had no hunting/trapping skills what so ever but more practiced than I with navigation, broke down on the fourth day. He could not get it together enough to tie three sticks together for a pack frame. On the second day the hunger was intense and of all the days it was the one day of most doubt. By the third day and there after hunger sensation was not such a big deal other than physical strength was depleted. We were also deprived of sleep. That was a huge factor. Through out each day they kept piling on tasks and projects for us to complete in a timely fashion which was designed to over tax our minds, all the while taking more pieces of gear. Water was also restricted, and reduced to boil and carry in whatever container could be scrounged. In my case it was a whiskey bottle. No matter how much you boil pond water, you never get rid of the taste of beaver.

Old July 12th, 2015 #8
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post

What struck me is how quickly a few of the men seemed to begin to lose it mentally before a loaf of bread can go stale.

Mind if I use this quote in the future?
Be my guest. It does seem the mental aspect plays a truly significant part in a survival situation. Especially when you're on your own.

I did field survival in the military, but that was a long time ago. I have serious doubts if I could get a fire started without some external ignition source today. All the contestants had a six month advance notice in order to prepare themselves. And they're still falling out like a fat guy on a road march. Now they have to go home and explain to all their buddies how it was too tough and they were forced to bail.

After 24 hours.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; July 12th, 2015 at 05:49 PM.

Old July 12th, 2015 #9
Squarehead Chris

That's what that cannuckie survivor guy Les Stroud always says, that the mental mindset to survive is one of the toughest yet most important things to have if you want to live.

Old July 12th, 2015 #10
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default Dave Canterbury is good at survival. But, can sometimes end up a clown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
If you do not know where to start these two videos will get you there. Everyone in your group should have this type of set up...

This nutter is fun to watch. He isn't that successful and I wonder how he survived crossing the Amazon at all:

Not as entertaining as the others. But, I'd rate this survivor number 1 of al TV survivors:

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; July 12th, 2015 at 12:49 PM.

Old July 12th, 2015 #11
keifer

I don't know about TV survivalists because I don't have a TV.
So I guess I have nothing to offer in the way of conversation as to "My favorite TV survivalist can out survive your favorite TV survivalist."

I will say this though, the older I get the less options there are for delegating respect. It is equally important to give respect as it is to get respect. The two people who have the most profound impact on myself, in terms of practicality and real world skill-set are Dave Canterbury and Alex Linder. Linder is a true survivalist, to the core. The very definition there of because quite simply he refuses to quit. I would gladly have Linder in my group even if he doesn't know jack-shit about making a fire.

Old July 13th, 2015 #12
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

I'll bet, Herr Linder knows more about bee-keeping than Dave Canterbury does.

Old July 13th, 2015 #13
Robert Ransdell

I still have TV for now, the next time they raise the rate that might change, can afford it I just don't think it is desirable to pay anything more for what is offered, mostly filth and other destructive crap I don't care to watch and other crap that does not come close to being interesting. I do feel like it might hinder my ability to keep up with how the media Jew is framing "the news" so to be able to better approach our people with the truth and reason, don't think it would be that big of a deal though. I just have basic cable, $75 a month, if it even goes to $80 I will be finished with it.

With that said I will say some of the shows I like to watch are survival shows. Really liked Bear when he was on with "Man vs Wild", also liked Survivorman.

I have watched a good deal of the Alive series.

So do I understand correctly that the winner wins $500,000?

My thoughts on that and the fact that 5 have quit after less than a week, think I am right on that. I think it is actually quite noble that some of the men said their families were not worth getting hurt, even if they lost the chance at the prize money. Something very healthy about the decision, especially in this age, the Jew has not infected all of our people with a screw the world for the pursuit of the almighty dollar mindset and that is a good thing to see.

On the other hand, that is a huge sum of money to win for simply being the last to survive.

Hell I would LOVE to give something like that a go and would do so in a minute. Got to say I would be carried out in a casket before I gave up too, can you imagine what $500,000 could do to further our fight and struggle?

I sure as hell would have not let some wolf howling in the woods chase me off, lol, one of the early quitters left because he heard a wolf off in the distance behind his camp, c'mon, you have to know the critters are out there before you go right?

I sure as hell know I could direct those funds toward a full out frontal assault, propaganda speaking, against the anti-Whites and probably be able to carry that on for years, unless the enemy took some sort of overbearing step to stop everything, jailed me for nothing or killed me or something.

It isn't even worth daydreaming about as I am pretty certain these shows do some research on who they cast, they would X me out in an instant.

Still it shows you how there are opportunities out there that exist where a WN could stand to gain a windfall through a contest or TV show like this.

- George Lincoln Rockwell concluding his speech at Brown University in 1966

Old July 13th, 2015 #14
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ransdell View Post
... unless the enemy took some sort of overbearing step.
Don't let me dampen your spirits, Robert, but it sounds like there's a bit of over-bearing out there in the Wilderness as well.

Old July 13th, 2015 #15
Robert Ransdell

Last night was the first episode of the "Naked and Afraid XL" program, not sure if anyone on the thread knows about that one. It is a spinoff from the "Naked and Afraid" survival show that has been airing for a few years.

Even though the participants are buck naked I have not found the show to be one of your typical Jewish-spawned pervert marathons. I can't recall a single episode where the two survivors engaged in even conversation about having sexual relations. Only a couple, literally 2 or 3 times, has there even been an off color joke or anything. The way the show has played out the fact that they are naked really has added a degree of difficulty to the challenge more than it has been a perverted sort of thing, this is very much unlike this rot they air on VH1 (maybe it is MTV), "Naked Dating" is pure Jewish bile through and through.

Another thing I have liked about the show is that nearly all the participants have been White.

11 of the 12 that were chosen to stay out in the middle of nowhere in Columbia in this new series, this time for 40 days (21 days has been the challenge in the program that has aired for years) are White.

And last night the one non-White, this Negro who fashioned himself as a "ninja" quit after just 4 days. Evidently there is next to no water in their location, he cramped up really bad and "tapped out" as they term it.

So now it is just 11, all White now, 4 groups of 3, well the "alpha male" group now has only 2, minus the not-so-alpha male Negro. A bunch of mostly hippie, women's lib White girls outlasted the groid, pretty funny.

The other 2 in that group seem like pretty solid guys, EJ is a former army/marine guy who has actually been on the show 2 times prior.

There is one group of 3 females, 2 have been in past shows I have watched. Interesting that "Dani" spent some time living in, volunteering as they say, in Tanzania, and had a male friend whom she was living with murdered while staying there. From how the story goes it sounded like a bunch of "equals" with darker skin broke in, she hid in a closet or something and the guy she was with was murdered. In the episode she was on before this XL show she did not come off as being much wiser for having experienced that, her being a self-described hippie and all. The other two come off the same sort of way, one of them, Laura, has also been on the show 2 times in the past.

Group 3 has a guy named Shane and two women. Danielle is a cute girl but is petrified of killing and eating anything that is not a plant. Safe assumption is that she probably leans left as well if she has any political beliefs. I don't think she will make it. The other woman in this group I have never seen on the show, I have missed a number of them in the past.

Group 4 includes two men, hippie type guy, can't recall his name but he does have some decent skill. The other dude was on an episode I also caught, he completely pissed off the girl he was paired up with on that one, she basically left because she thought he was an a-hole or something, the guy also has some skill from what I understand.

The girl in that group was actually one of my favorites from the program. Girl named Honora, she was paired up before with this fat, out of shape guy from Seattle. This turd actually had a tattoo of Che Guevara on his shoulder. In a later scene you can also spot out a tattoo of the Palestinian flag. He also said that he was into drugs at 9 years old and only got out of that (allegedly) to do the survival lifestyle.

What made me really like this girl, aside from her being pretty cute as well, was the fact that she went on this rant at one point where she completely ripped this fat turd of a red a new one. She was pissed about him just sitting around doing nothing and threw a number of insults his way, can't find the clip online, it went something like "I'm not the fat kid here.......you stink, your stupid, your fat, and your lazy dude". She claimed he stunk the first day of the challenge, before they even got dirty, , yeah those Che fans don't like showers too much do they...lol.

I found this clip on YT, you can see a portion of the tattoo on his shoulder at one point, wish the tirade clip was posted somewhere. This was after that argument.

Anyway she ended up passing out before the end of that challenge, she is the only one on this XL show that did not complete the 21 days in the previous attempt.

In some of the previews she appears to be a liability to the men she is paired with, goes into some temper tantrum about something, so she may not come off as well to me in this show as she did in the previous one, really doubt she will make it 40 days.

Here is a trailer/clip from the XL series. Kind of nuts here, then again these guys were probably starving.

- George Lincoln Rockwell concluding his speech at Brown University in 1966

Old July 13th, 2015 #16
keifer

Even if all you did was sit next to a tree for a week this objective is certainly not out of reach to the average person. Seems like at least once or twice a year some kid gets lost in a national park and survives. In other words, what a guy thinks he knows could very well end up being what takes him down. If nothing else than it expends calories and hydration. For that kind of money I would gladly deal with giardia. As I understand it, correct me if I am wrong, as if I have to give you permission to do so anyway, water born diseases take time to affect, some times days or weeks. The bottom line in survival is that if things are that desparate then drink the damn water. If you don't you die. If you do drink you just might make it and get buy with only wishing you were dead instead of being dead. I have not seen this show but it sounds rigged. If this show is an accurate depiction of real life then alot more people would be dead. In fact, humans would not be around today to argue about it.

The Rule of 3's
3 minutes without air.
3 hours in the elements(Extreme hot/cold).
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.
3 months without sociolization. (Madness)

Old July 13th, 2015 #17
Jimmy Marr

Worst case of lost in woods I can remember, and I don't remember much.

I got drunk and high in El Paso and rode on the back of another guy's motorcycle with a group on a camping expedition up in the Gila Wilderness of New Mexico. Woke up the next day near the Cliff Dwellings. Got a rubber inner tube from a service station and decided to float down the Gila River 'til it hit Interstate 10 and then hitch-hike back to El Paso. The biker must have given me some gear. Among other things, I think I had some waterproof matches. None of that mattered. In the middle of the night I got caught up in barbed wire that had stretched across the river. Popped the tube and lost all my gear.

Never felt scared that I can remember. Just started walking. I felt sure I knew where I was going even though in hindsight I can see that I no frickin' idea. Kept stopping to rest and falling asleep. Every time I woke up, I didn't know where I was, but kinda pieced it together and kept on moving. Stumbled across the camp of two backpackers who, if I remember correctly, had food poisoning or something and one or both of them was sick and therefore up and about to hear me stumbling around near the camp. They tried to talk to me and tell me I was headed the wrong way, but I didn't believe them, and continued on my way. Next day around mid-day our paths crossed again and and inasmuch as they were headed back toward the Cliff Dwellings or thereabout, I think we all pretty much agreed, at least implicitly, that I was lost and delirious. Next thing I remember was waking up in back seat of their car in Las Cruces and them explaining to me what I've basically related in the foregoing account.

I don't remember how I got back to El Paso, but I did. It took me a while to piece the whole adventure together and deduce that I had been in some pretty narrow straights out there and had been saved by blind-ass luck and human kindness. I probably could just as easily have had an encounter with the Marr banshee.

Old July 13th, 2015 #18
keifer

Here is a guy who gave it a go.
At times this documentary is uncomfortable watching this guy break down and cry. But until I do something like this myself, it is pointless to criticize.

Old July 14th, 2015 #19
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Psycho Joe and Cody never got along. He admitted, though, that he'd shoot poachers, in Africa, on sight:

http://www.dmax.de/programme/das-sur...-suedafrika-1/

Old July 14th, 2015 #20
volkszorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
A german channel with only anglo shows
Why can' Germany produce such shows?
I guess that would be too militaristic and manly for our tv jews
the German "Bear Grylls" Rüdiger Nehberg is an old man nigger lover:

Thread