Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 10th, 2004 #61
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

first off Dop is no skraeling his is a free White man, so he cant be a skraeling.

second off, you asked for it dude, by the things you said. excuse me but when it comes to guns I am completely opinionated and I'm not afraid to say so. some things in life are mercifully knowable and objective. religion not but self defense yes.

Just relax, this is VNNForum, you only stick around here if you like to take a beating once in a while. This is to usual forums what UFC is to usual karate schools. hang around for a while. you cant say you're not having fun.

Old September 10th, 2004 #62
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

oh yeah. did I say, nobody willingly tries to defend themselves with a 22 if there's anything better to be had? repeat.

one more thing, the only intel service I know of that recommends the use of 22lr is the goddamned Izzy jews. See By way of Deception by Ostrovsky. Beretta 22. and that is not for self defense, that is for OFFENSE.

Old September 10th, 2004 #63
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
Everyone knows the suppressed Ruger MK II .22 is the classic assassin's weapon (especially Oscar Yeager).
Yep I read Hunter right after I got my first Ruger Mk2. I got the bull barrell. And you know me-- I kept it legal. LOL they used it in goodfellas too, in the parking lot, remember?

I did go shooting with a class 3 dealer once who had one of these with the integral suppressor, pretty nifty! With subsonic ammo, all you heard was the action going back and forth, a PFFFT! sound, and the lead hitting the target. All at once, kind of. But with supersonic ammo, it was wierd-- no muzzle report, so you could hear the crack downrange. That is different, when it's normal the muzzle report blots out the sound of the sonic crack. I had read about this but hearing it was something else. Cool!

Old September 10th, 2004 #64
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Yep I read Hunter right after I got my first Ruger Mk2. I got the bull barrell. And you know me-- I kept it legal. LOL they used it in goodfellas too, in the parking lot, remember?

I did go shooting with a class 3 dealer once who had one of these with the integral suppressor, pretty nifty! With subsonic ammo, all you heard was the action going back and forth, a PFFFT! sound, and the lead hitting the target. All at once, kind of. But with supersonic ammo, it was wierd-- no muzzle report, so you could hear the crack downrange. That is different, when it's normal the muzzle report blots out the sound of the sonic crack. I had read about this but hearing it was something else. Cool!
Geeze, you guys must be rich! The AMPHIBIAN "S" and the BADLANDER sell for over 1200 shekels!

Old September 17th, 2004 #65
heaven above

Best side arm ? What about a 'sawn off' 12 bore shotgun ? Highly illegal in the UK, but what the feck !

This is the best for close combat

Old September 19th, 2004 #66
heaven above

I suppose it's just the red hair that makes me want the 'sawn off' jobby.

All us redheads get the treatment. I don't care :-)

Old September 19th, 2004 #67
STORMSOLDAAT

I had always found a house brick to be very handy!

Old September 19th, 2004 #68
Rob Roy MacGregor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven above
Yep, I am ex-British Forces
Same here... only American Forces (Army Airborne).

If only I could conceal it... LOL!

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Old September 24th, 2004 #69
heaven above

Is that a .50 Magnum ?

What is the view of the forum with the even larger Russian side arm ?

Me nothing so glamourous as special forces. Was Royal Engineers, an explosives man I suppose.

Old October 2nd, 2004 #70
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
if youre going to shoot alot get a 1911. springfields are good, to be had under 1000. I like kimber, wilson combat are excellent. but those are more like 2000.

glock, if you dont have time to shoot much, will be safer. and less expensive.
Hey AE,

Did you hear Sigarms came out with a model 1911? Supposed to be one hell of a nice gun.

It's big news in the 1911 world when a major firearms company offers its own version of Browning's classic platform for the first time. Last year Smith & Wesson did it. Now, in even more of a shocker, Sigarms has a 1911.

It's no secret that S&W had been making 1911 frames for other makers for years. But SIG is a company that's been legendary for producing state-of-the-art double-action service autos, notably the P220 and the terrific P226. So what's with offering a German-pedigreed version of what most shooters take to be the classic American pistol of the last century? Well, forget preconceived notions. I've recently shot the SIG 1911, and any doubts I had evaporated after the first magazine.

First off, let's deal with the nomenclature. The pistol is called GSR, for Granite Series Rail. "Granite" is in deference to Sigarms' home base, the Granite State of New Hampshire. The "Rail" refers to the integral tactical light rail the GSR sports. The pistol comes in two identically priced flavors: matte stainless with checkered wood grips or black Nitron-finished with synthetic Ergo Grip XT Extreme Use Grips. I shot the black one.

First off, there's no guide rod. Regardless of how you feel about guide rods, some guns do shoot better with them. But that's by no means an across-the-board situation; there are a heck of a lot of accurized, pre-guide-rod 1911s and old Colt Gold Cups that'll hang with anything in terms of shooting tight groups. And I don't think anyone forced to choose between two equally accurate and reliable guns--one with a conventional recoil-spring plunger and one with a guide rod--would choose the one with the guide rod. Maybe it's just me, but being able to disassemble a 1911 without an Allen wrench and an extra set of thumbs rates as a good thing. For those of us who grew up shooting "loose as a goose" GI guns, it was enough of a concession to deal with a bushing wrench once we stepped up to 1911s with tighter tolerances and bigger price tags.

Accuracy with my test gun was good to phenomenal. From 25 yards the best results (five-shot groups from a sandbagged rest) were with Speer Gold Dot 230-grain JHP (1 1/4 inches) and Black Hills 200-grain SWC (1 3/4 inches). I tried some Taurus 185-grain Hex JHPs and managed to put four shots into 1 1/2 inches but was plagued repeatedly trying to better that by a fifth-shot flyer that kept opening things up to 2 1/2 or three inches. Buffalo Bore's stout 200-grain JHP Plus-P stuff ran at a very respectable three inches continually. All groups, incidentally, were pretty close to point of aim, indicating the SIG was pretty democratic when it came to throwing different brands/weights into the money. The trigger broke at a nice, fairly crisp four pounds.

I was running out of time, but I couldn't resist trying the gun at 50 yards with some of the Black Hills 200-grain SWC stuff. For three, five-shot groups, I averaged slightly over two inches, the gun clustering them low but right on line windage-wise. The best group measured 1 7/8 inches center to center, which is about as well as I've ever done (or am capable of doing) with any iron-sighted handgun at 50 yards.

SPECIFICATIONS

Importer: www.sigarms.com
Action: Recoil-operated single-action semiauto
Caliber: .45 ACP
Capacity: 8+1
Barrel length: 5 in. Overall length: 8.65 in.
Weight: 39.2 ounces (w/o mag.)
Sights: Novak three-dot (drift adj. for windage)
Grips: Synthetic (wood on GSR Stainless Model)
Finish: Black Nitron (GSR Model)
Price: $1,077

The gun functioned without a hitch. Considering the fact that I was shooting a lot of lead SWC ammo and the gun hadn't yet been broken in, that in itself is fairly unusual.

The SIG GSR is a first-class maiden effort featuring Novak sights and magazines (two per gun), extended beavertail, Commander-style hammer, match-grade barrel (obviously) and a long external extractor. It's hand-lapped for frame-to-slide fit and is extremely smooth and tight. It's got a (by now almost obligatory) rail for lights and lasers, which, I feel, increases utility at the expense of aesthetics. Speaking of looks, I sort of prefer the wood grips on the matte stainless version, but the black-coated GSR I shot (it's also stainless beneath the black) functioned and grouped so well, any cosmetic gripes seem sort of piddly. This gun feels good in the hand, cycles when you shoot it and hits what you aim it at. What else is there?

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/gsr_0401/

Old October 4th, 2004 #71
Rob Roy MacGregor

Ever see the Carbine Conversion you can get for 1911s?

They make them for Glock too.

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Old October 4th, 2004 #72
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Hey AE,

Did you hear Sigarms came out with a model 1911? Supposed to be one hell of a nice gun.

It's big news in the 1911 world when a major firearms company offers its own version of Browning's classic platform for the first time. Last year Smith & Wesson did it. Now, in even more of a shocker, Sigarms has a 1911.
Oh shit, my heart skipped a beat. What a beauty. a 1911 made by SIG? Oh fuck, sigarms are so quality. 1911 made in Germany, best of both worlds?

I will reconsider my plan to get a kimber until I see this one. Oh fuck, I cant wait to shoot this piece, sig is so tits! its not even on their website yet!

Old October 4th, 2004 #73
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Oh shit, my heart skipped a beat. What a beauty. a 1911 made by SIG? Oh fuck, sigarms are so quality. 1911 made in Germany, best of both worlds?

I will reconsider my plan to get a kimber until I see this one. Oh fuck, I cant wait to shoot this piece, sig is so tits! its not even on their website yet!
Right here, AE! Retails for about 1100 bucks!

http://www.sigarms.com/products/gsr.asp

Last edited by Steve B; October 4th, 2004 at 05:14 PM.

Old October 5th, 2004 #74
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
What happened to focusing on political power, "jews took over without a shot fired...gun nuts are the most atomized, declawed and disenfranchised freaks, blah, blah?"

I put it to you, Sir, that you are a hypocrite, and that you eat too much fromage francais. Wifey shall put you on a twofold diet of reduced congealed dairy and fewer impulse purchases (at least those that don't augment our collective).

I demurr.... you know what Emerson said, about consistency eh?

Anyways, I am not a socially atomized gun nut, I am an enracinated, well adjusted shootist. LOL

As for fromage Francais, my faves are chevre, on a little spinach with some vinaigrette, roquefort on a hamburger, and brie with candied apricots. Not uncommon tastes, but they taste uncommonly good. My wife wants me to go on a diet but since I do most of the cooking she happily acquiesces to my culinary whims. LOL

This 45 thing is overdue I assure you. I have been planning it a long time and squirrreling shekels away. I have reduced my book buying budget significantly and tightened the screws hither and yon to make space for this important acquisition. Yes, I wanted the Kimber custom II/TLE because of the sight rail and rave reviews, but I see this one has a sight rail too! Dropping a yard on a good sidearm is worth it if you are going to fit it into your practice and self defense routine and I assuredly will.

I only have irons for shooting. None of them are NIB. I dont fuck with "collecting." I'm too poor for that. But I'm not too poor for this. And not too poor to buy a few VNN tabloids. LOL This year is turning out better than last, and I should have this addition ready for the winter indoor IPSC league.

After this, the only thing to add to the arsenal will be the Steyr Scout in 308. That will take me another year or two maybe. Or maybe I will cut loose some of my old junkers to make space in my mega-secure safe. Better one good weapon that you are competent with than four or five pieces of crap. Eh? Just another trifle.....

Old October 5th, 2004 #75
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

his worst offense was composing a poem with a memorable first line, to mourn the passing of the tyrant lincoln, "when lilacs last in the dooryard bloomed"

Old October 5th, 2004 #76
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

well I know where you're coming from. also as a former presbyterian WGS probably liked Lincoln's stern demeanor. And the Biblical scale of his violence. LOL

I think all Lincoln's talk about repatriation and "nothing I would say or do would elevate the negro to a position of social or political equality to the White man" was a load of shit, lies fed to the electorate. Abolitionists backed him, and he used their rhetoric plenty, to mask the huge economic unfairness of the federal government endeavoring to TAKE private property (negores) without just compensation as required by the fifth amendment.

Alternatives? Congress could have passed a bill to levy a tax to pay for the manumission of slaves and their deportation. That would have been JUST. That however was not in the cards: the northernors didnt want to pay for it and the southernors were not just going to be walked on like slaves themselves.

The second most just solution would have been to NOT preserve the union and just let the South go. The framers of the constitution discussed secession and it was regarded as a remedy of the states which entered into the constitutional federation in the first place, to leave it.

but the bottom line for us today is to remember how all such large scale social conflicts are resolved in the end: MIGHT MAKES RIGHT.

-------------------
Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Old November 2nd, 2004 #77
Warhammer

I own a Tokarev TT-33/54 Frankenstein with custom wolf springs and a mild trigger job, it's my favorite at 1602 FPS and 510 lbs of muzzle energy with a superior effective range over the S&W 4340 STW (.40) I own,
But the 7.62X25 is kept from being a truly effective caliber imo, by the total lack of .310 diameter H.P. bullets. .308 will work if you enjoy 5" groups at 15 feet though. FMJ pistol ammo is not the way to go for CQB obviously.

Oh, one thing, if you own a TT-33 or T-54 keep an eye out for the green and silver Seller& Bellot ammo, it's the right pressure and correct bullet dia. Not to mention waterproof, non corrosive current production and very accurate. I bought 500 rounds 2 years ago for $79.99. If you have an old striker spring replace it beforehand as Czech sinoxid primers are notoriously hard.

For the .40, I’ve been using Hornady 155 Gr. XTP loads, with fantastic results; 2,050 rounds and 2 misfires, not bad. Worst ammo I used was Remington 180 gr. HP which was total garbage, ( but great in my gfriends CZ) Winchester was much better and Federal Hydra-shoks were surprisingly accurate for such an ancient bullet design.

Im thinking about trading them both in for a CZ 97B to take advantage of the new generation .45 ammo that’s out there. Reportedly, it's actually more accurate than the basic Springfield "loaded" series but I have yet to test this for myself. I have owned CZ 75’s in the past and consider them to be among the worlds finest semi autos..Anyone else own one?

Last edited by Warhammer; November 2nd, 2004 at 06:18 PM.

Old November 6th, 2004 #78
Intrepid
Dodging vacuous stares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Im thinking about trading them both in for a CZ 97B to take advantage of the new generation .45 ammo that’s out there. Reportedly, it's actually more accurate than the basic Springfield "loaded" series but I have yet to test this for myself. I have owned CZ 75’s in the past and consider them to be among the worlds finest semi autos..Anyone else own one?
I've got a CZ 75 Compact. I'm not nearly as knowledgable on firearms as many of you all, but I've shot quite a few handguns & this one was my favorite. In fact, I'm thinking of getting the same identical gun for keeping in my study. Boring, I know, but I really like this gun. I've never tried one of the CZ 45s, though. Is there a big difference in the feel between the two?

Old November 10th, 2004 #79
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

CZ is the best SA/DA design. Some people have to carry a SA/DA setup like cops. If you have to have DA first squeeze, and dont want to with a DAO or similar setup like Glock, which is really better because its the same pull each time, then CZ is the way to go.

although I like Sig too.

Thread