VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 16th, 2010 #1
alex revision

Default Denis Avey: The Man Who Would Be Righteous

Denis Avey: The Man Who Would Be Righteous

By Carolyn Yeager

In 1995, Ernst Lobethall gave his testimony as a survivor of “The Holocaust” to the Survivors of the Shoah Foundation for their video library, as thousands of others have done. In it, he had some words to say about a British soldier he met while interned at Auschwitz III (Monowitz) who had done him a favor.

Lobethall records that the soldier he called Ginger “gave me a letter and 10 packs of cigarettes, and a bar of chocolate from my sister. Ten packs of English cigarettes – it’s like being given Rockefeller Center.” He also said, “I had no heavy socks to put on my boots; for two packs of Players cigarettes, (pause) and that, later on, came, again, to save my life on the death marches that took place in 1945.” This clip from the video was shown on the BBC Online News Magazine on November 29, 2009

http://www.revblog.codoh.com/2010/03...-be-righteous/

Old March 16th, 2010 #2
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex revision View Post
Lobethall records that the soldier he called Ginger “gave me a letter and 10 packs of cigarettes, and a bar of chocolate from my sister. Ten packs of English cigarettes – it’s like being given Rockefeller Center.”
Oy, zit vuz bigga dan U.S. Zteel I tellzya!

Thread