Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 27th, 2012 #241
Alex Linder
Administrator

"Serious as a heart attack." Stop. Please. Just stop.

You can fake being serious. You can't fake being funny.

Things that aren't funny generally aren't serious. At least if they involve humans rather than non-carbon-based life forms.

Old April 27th, 2012 #242
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
"Serious as a heart attack." Stop. Please. Just stop.

You can fake being serious. You can't fake being funny.

Things that aren't funny generally aren't serious. At least if they involve humans rather than non-carbon-based life forms.

“I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.” ― Jim Morrison

We will turn you into a Doors fan yet, Alex.

Old April 29th, 2012 #243
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
“I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.” ― Jim Morrison

We will turn you into a Doors fan yet, Alex.
I hate them less than I used to. I actually liked the Doors movie, particularly the scene on the plane where he mentions that the people want some transcendance. That's something WN 'leaders' don't seem to grasp or they wouldn't emulate the conservatives.

I think JimMo left out the unintentionally on the last one, though he surely meant that.

Old April 29th, 2012 #244
Clancy

Thumbs down

Using "google" as a verb.

Old April 29th, 2012 #245
N.B. Forrest

It's on.

You been served...

Old May 3rd, 2012 #246
Clancy

"Give back to the community".

Old May 3rd, 2012 #247
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
"Give back to the community".
A cant phrase beloved of public school teachers and like nescients. Invariably used of someone who, because he or she did something extraordinary, resulting in great applause and admiration from the community, therefore owes his admirers something.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 5th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Old May 3rd, 2012 #248
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Using "google" as a verb.
Don't agree - google has dominated search engines field because it's very simple and quick. Also, when you use googled instead of searched, you are conveying an additional piece of information useful to someone who might copy your search.

Old May 3rd, 2012 #249
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
A cant phrase beloved of public school teachers and like nescients. Invariably used of someone who, because he or she did something extraordinary, resulting in great applause and admiration from the community, therefore owes its admirers something.
Yeah. Used only when talking about nig "hoods" or Affakin hut-clumps. When the rare monkey somehow manages to escape from the death grip of the dumb-ass, headed-for-the-morgue-slab troop, he's duty-bound to prove he's still Down Wit Da Bruthas by gibbin' dem shit.....

Old May 5th, 2012 #250
Alex Linder
Administrator

Far-fetched, but "give back" mentality goes to biblical commandment to honor your parents. Wait a minute...they had the child. It was their decision. The child is under no obligation to owe them anything. But that's the christian mentality - defectives are due respect they can't earn. Itz a commandment, man!

Old May 5th, 2012 #251
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Far-fetched, but "give back" mentality goes to biblical commandment to honor your parents. Wait a minute...they had the child. It was their decision. The child is under no obligation to owe them anything. But that's the christian mentality - defectives are due respect they can't earn. Itz a commandment, man!
"Thou shalt take responsibility for thy offspring" is far too much of a White value to make it into the Semitic top ten list.

Old May 5th, 2012 #252
James K Jones
Banned

Quote:
Yet we should honor our race?

Old May 7th, 2012 #253
N.B. Forrest

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.....

Old May 8th, 2012 #254
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James K Jones View Post
Yet we should honor our race?
'Honor our race' - a meaningless statement.

Old May 8th, 2012 #255
Alex Linder
Administrator

“Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world”

What a crap quote. Used by every waking halfwit ever published in a right-wing publication.

It doesn't mean anything in the first place, 9/10th of those using it are simply quoting it from other conservatives, they don't truly 'own' it from reading Yeats.

It, along with the likely ubiquitous and disgusting "O tempora, O mores" ought to be banished. It expresses nothing but a sort of faux-deep world-weariness of the whingeing, niggling, seen-it-all-before nadless remonstrators we know and detest as conservatives for money.

When you hear someone using this phrase, you're hearing someone declaring, in different words, "I will not fight." I will tut. I will shake head. I will look down from august intellectual heights (atop the refrigerator). But I will not fight, nohow, never.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 8th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Old May 8th, 2012 #256
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.....
My dream has always been to be declared Batsman General - someone deputed in a world like something out of a Vonnegut story to go around hitting people who say shivery stupid things with a bat. Not hard enough to kill. Just enough to cause them great pain, maybe break a bone, certainly leave a deep bruise.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 8th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Old May 8th, 2012 #257
keifer

Men who say "Thank You" with out elevating their voices to audible level. They mouth the words with out speaking them.

Old May 9th, 2012 #258
ray bateson
baппed

'Infinity' and 'eternity' or their variations, unless you actually comprehend the nature of things infinite as to not fuck up like every nigtard does in misusing them to express absolute values.

Infinity is not quantifiable -- it is infinite.

Eternity is not identifiable with space, nor mass, nor your concept of 'time' -- it is eternal.

Old May 18th, 2012 #259
Simmon

Justice for Trayvon.
No self-resecting White person should ever say those three words together (unless it is sarcasm).

Old May 21st, 2012 #260
N.B. Forrest

Replacing words with numbers: way too much of this nigshit about. Just today I saw a sign outside a nearby auto repair shop: "Free Oil Change 4 Veterans."....

Thread