VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 12th, 2008 #81
Harry Flash
Sexist Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agis View Post
Mildly christian racists would make ok prison guards, but upper echelon White Nationalists have to swear off and kick the Jebooz. End of story.
Nahhh, no need for prisons. Just a stake and a box of matches will do. Christianity is our supreme weapon. Anyone who denies Jesus Christ will clearly be a Jew. Then it's crackle, crackle. But if a few Creativity types accidentally get torched along the way... well, sorry, but these things do happen. But on the brighter side, we would have solved the Jewish problem once and for all, so the Creativity sacrifice is probably worth making. End of story.

Old December 13th, 2008 #82
Jim Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes View Post
Mithraism was a Hellenic syncretic cult but it most certainly did have an origin in Zoroastrianism.
Impossible for Mithraism to have any origins in Persia, Zoroastrianism.

There is no Iranian myth of their god Mithra killing a bull. This calls into question the traditional explanation that the tauroctony is a pictorial representation of an Iranian myth. Mithraism may have had an entirely different origin and the name of Mithra/Mithras may have been borrowed to help legitimize and popularize the religion. At the First International Congress of Mithraic Studies , held in Manchester England in 1971, several scholars came up with a radical new theory - that the tauroctony was actually a star map.

"According to Ulansey [The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries (1989)], Tarsus, an intellectual hub in the first century B.C. and a center of Stoic philosophy, incubated a Mithraic doctrine of cosmic transcendence in response to the discovery of precession by Hipparchus in 128 B.C. To the astrally oriented Stoics, the precessional displacement of the entire cosmos implied the existence of a powerful, unseen god who resided beyond the stars and moved the entire universe according to his own timetable. Ulansey argues this supernatural power was identified in Tarsus with Perseus, the city's legendary founder and divine tutelary hero. Even in the fourth century B.C., Tarsus minted coins depicting Perseus in the company of Apollo and presiding over a lion-bull combat. Ulansey sees Aquarius in the bowl symbol and links it and the lion to the solstices. The pair of torch-bearing, cross-legged shepherds who so often flank the bull's death scene, he judges, symbolize the two equinoxes."

- E.C. Krupp, "Throwing the Bull"

There were, however, a number of serious problems with Cumont's assumption that the Mithraic mysteries derived from ancient Iranian religion. Most significant among these is that there is no parallel in ancient Iran to the iconography which is the primary fact of the Roman Mithraic cult. For example, as already mentioned, by far the most important icon in the Roman cult was the tauroctony. This scene shows Mithras in the act of killing a bull, accompanied by a dog, a snake, a raven, and a scorpion; the scene is depicted as taking place inside a cave like the mithraeum itself. This icon was located in the most important place in every mithraeum, and therefore must have been an expression of the central myth of the Roman cult. Thus, if the god Mithras of the Roman religion was actually the Iranian god Mithra, we should expect to find in Iranian mythology a story in which Mithra kills a bull. However, the fact is that no such Iranian myth exists: in no known Iranian text does Mithra have anything to do with killing a bull.

Mithras killing bull

Franz Cumont had responded to this problem by focusing on an ancient Iranian text in which a bull is indeed killed, but in which the bull-slayer is not Mithra but rather Ahriman, the force of cosmic evil in Iranian religion. Cumont argued that there must have existed a variant of this myth-- a variant for which there was, however, no actual evidence-- in which the bull-slayer had been transformed from Ahriman to Mithra. It was this purely hypothetical variant on the myth of Ahriman's killing of a bull that according to Cumont lay behind the tauroctony icon of the Roman cult of Mithras.

No Bull killing in Iranian Zoroastrianism.

In the absence of any convincing alternative, Cumont's explanation satisfied scholars for more than seventy years. However, in 1971 the First International Congress of Mithraic Studies was held in Manchester England, and in the course of this Congress Cumont's theories came under concerted attack. Was it not possible, scholars at the Congress asked, that the Roman cult of Mithras was actually a new religion, and had simply borrowed the name of an Iranian god in order to give itself an exotic oriental flavor? If such a scenario seemed plausible, these scholars argued, one could no longer assume without question that the proper way to interpret Mithraism was to find parallels to its elements in ancient Iranian religion. In particular, Franz Cumont's interpretation of the tauroctony as representing an Iranian myth was now no longer unquestionable. Thus from 1971 on, the meaning of the Mithraic tauroctony suddenly became a mystery: if this bull-slaying icon did not represent an ancient Iranian myth, what did it represent?

Within a few years after the 1971 Congress, a radically different approach to explaining the tauroctony began to be pursued by a number of scholars. It is not an exaggeration to say that this approach has in just the past few years succeeded in completely revolutionizing the study of the Mithraic mysteries. According to the proponents of this interpretation, the tauroctony is not, as Cumont and his followers claimed, a pictorial representation of an Iranian myth, but is rather something utterly different: namely, an astronomical star map!

David Ulansey
Author of
THE ORIGINS OF THE MITHRAIC MYSTERIES
(Oxford University Press, 1991)
http://www.well.com/user/davidu/mithras.html

Mithra temple in Italy

Tauroctony encircled by zodiac

My own research over the past decade has been devoted to discovering why these particular constellations might have been seen as especially important, and how an icon representing them could have come to form the core of a powerful religious movement in the Roman Empire.

"Remarkable.... In comprehensiveness [Ulansey's] theory appears
to have no rival."
--Ancient Philosophy, vol. 12 (1992) p. 242- 44.

"Brilliant and fascinating... entirely convincing....The reviewer
had trouble in putting it down."
--The Ancient World, vol. 23, #1 (1992) pp. 112-13.

http://www.well.com/user/davidu/mithras.html

Old December 13th, 2008 #83
Derrick MacThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Flash View Post
Christ on a bike! It's not often you're right and you're wrong again.

No. The pic on my profile is not Skorzeny. It is William Joyce.

FFS. You're supposed to be some sort of WNist. Try and get something right.

But at least you're right here - you don't know how much I know about the SS. But it's more than you do, obviously.
I have to concede that you are correct. I think that it was the scar that caused my confusion. I was not aware that William Joyce had a scar.
Here is a pix of Otto Skorzeny.

Last edited by Derrick MacThomas; July 14th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.

Old December 13th, 2008 #84
Mike Jahn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick MacThomas View Post
I have to concede that you are correct. I think that it was the scar that caused my confusion. I was not aware that William Joyce had a scar.
Here is a pix of Otto Skorzeny.
At Birkbeck, Joyce developed an interest in fascism, and he joined the British Fascisti of Rotha Lintorn-Orman. In 1924, while stewarding a Conservative Party meeting, Joyce was attacked and received a deep razor slash that ran across his right cheek. It left a permanent scar which ran from the earlobe to the corner of the mouth. Joyce was convinced that his attackers were "Jewish communists". It was an incident that had a marked bearing on his outlook.

Old December 13th, 2008 #85
Harry Flash
Sexist Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jahn View Post
At Birkbeck, Joyce developed an interest in fascism, and he joined the British Fascisti of Rotha Lintorn-Orman. In 1924, while stewarding a Conservative Party meeting, Joyce was attacked and received a deep razor slash that ran across his right cheek. It left a permanent scar which ran from the earlobe to the corner of the mouth. Joyce was convinced that his attackers were "Jewish communists". It was an incident that had a marked bearing on his outlook.
Thank you Mike Jahn, I know it well. I was the one who wrote the original entry of William Joyce for wikipedia until half a dozen limp wristed politically correct scum came along and kept altering it.

Old January 4th, 2009 #86
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

From Juvenal's Satire III: There is no Room in Roma for a Roman:

lines 3.1-20 – The narrator’s old friend Umbricius is about to depart Roma for Cumae. The narrator says he would himself prefer Prochyta to the Suburra, and he describes the ancient shrine of Egeria being put up for rent to Jews and polluted by marble.

http://tinyurl.com/7xv9u3

Old January 5th, 2009 #87
Mark Habscheid
Banned

Thumbs down

Only a liberal would want to destroy our faith in Jesus Christ.

Old January 5th, 2009 #88
Vanguard Reb
Richard Wagner Fan

Default I pronounce thee CHAMELEON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Habscheid View Post
Only a liberal would want to destroy our faith in Jesus Christ.
What what? You're a jew for jesus now?

Old January 5th, 2009 #89
Mark Habscheid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard Reb View Post
What what? You're a jew for jesus now?
I'm not Jewish. I don't know why people here think I am.

Old January 5th, 2009 #90
George Witzgall

Quote:
I'm not Jewish. I don't know why people here think I am.
anyone here who isn't blatantly anti-jewish is considered jewish.

Old January 5th, 2009 #91
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Quote:
A grove sacred to Egeria in connection with Numa stood close by a busy gate of Rome, the Porta Capena. In the second century, when Herodes Atticus recast an inherited villa nearby as a great landscaped estate, the natural grotto was formalized as an arched interior with an apsidal end where a statue of Egeria once stood in a niche; the surfaces were profaned with revetments of green and white marble facings and green porphyry flooring and friezes of mosaic. The primeval spring, one of dozens of springs that flow into the river Almone, was made to feed large pools one of which was known as Lacus Salutaris the "Lake of Health". Juvenal despised its tacky elaboration

(Satire III.17–20):
Nymph of the Spring! More honour’d hadst thou been,
If, free from art, an edge of living green,
Thy bubbling fount had circumscribed alone,
And alien marble ne’er profaned the native stone.

The ninfeo was a favored picnic spot for nineteenth-century Romans and is still visitable in the archaeological park of the Caffarella, between the Appian Way and the even more ancient Via Latina.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egeria_(mythology)

Old January 5th, 2009 #92
Mark Habscheid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
That must get confusing?

Old January 5th, 2009 #93
George Witzgall

Quote:
That must get confusing?
get rid of your avatar or you will be called homo. also no more naked cowboy. also no more gay country music.

Last edited by George Witzgall; January 5th, 2009 at 06:08 AM.

Old January 5th, 2009 #94
Vanguard Reb
Richard Wagner Fan

Quote:
Quote:
get rid of your avatar or you will be called homo. also no more naked cowboy. also no more gay country music.
And read more of his posts. I did not reach the conclusion casually.

Old January 5th, 2009 #95
Mark Habscheid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard Reb View Post
And read more of his posts. I did not reach the conclusion casually.
I ain't no Jew but you sure are an asshole.

Old February 22nd, 2009 #96
Jim Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Visser View Post

Oh, yeah - that and the fact that kikes HATE Christians yet love "pagans."
The first Christian Pope was a Jew named Saul, commonly now called Paul.

Jews set up Christianity, as an early form of Communism. Give everything of worldly possessions to the State Church and you'll get to Heaven, the Hebrew Jew book said.

Christ was Jew, his mother was Miriam, a full Jew.

Old February 22nd, 2009 #97
Pastor Visser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Anderson View Post
The first Christian Pope was a Jew named Saul, commonly now called Paul.
Pope? Christian? lol! Three hundred years too late.

Quote:
Christ was Jew, his mother was Miriam, a full Jew.
Book, Chapter? Verse? Please prove scripturally.

You state your OPINION like it's historical fact - Hitler and Luther would disagree, neo.

Old February 22nd, 2009 #98
ToneDeaf

Is there any 'christian groups' that
do not pull out their hymn books to sing to zion ?
Very few.

Old February 22nd, 2009 #99
Jim Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneDeaf View Post
Is there any 'christian groups' that
do not pull out their hymn books to sing to zion ?
Very few.
Whites have been controlled by the Jew because they have been forced to worship the Jew Jesus Christ, who was a racial half-Jew.

Old February 22nd, 2009 #100
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Whites have been controlled by the Jew because they have been forced to worship the Jew Jesus Christ, who was a racial half-Jew.
Half? What was the other half?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Visser View Post

Book, Chapter? Verse? Please prove scripturally.

You state your OPINION like it's historical fact - Hitler and Luther would disagree, neo.
It was proven archeologically and deduction. Also, don't appeal to authority. I doubt Hitler would agree given circumstances where his public image wasn't at risk and as for Luther - well I don't particularly care, not my brand of anti-semitism.

Last edited by psychologicalshock; February 22nd, 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Thread