Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 29th, 2004 #1
Whirlwind

You want to create a folk-based religion, without a god. Great. Now about the coming chaos, who'll have your back? Fellow believers, hopefully. My position needs no ritual or dogma to accomplish the same thing.
Speaking for myself, I will stand next to and up for those of a similar mindset. Survival of our race is far more important to me than a person's religious convictions, or lack thereof. One of my big gripes with religious types. I would stand with you, but you'd just as soon see me hang. If we met in person, would you be willing to shake my hand and acknowledge we are on the same team?
Doesn't religion cause more division ultimately?

Old May 29th, 2004 #2
Hallstatt

The White Temple is not a religion without a God.

In the general evolutionary direction of The White Temple, the Will-To- Godhood is like a Nordic “Tao,” the Way, or the Path. We are God, or part of God, seeking Self-fulfillment by evolving to Godhood. We are the eyes and evolved consciousness of God at this stage in our evolution, but for God to become fully God, to know himself absolutely, we have to evolve to Godhood. Nature supports us.

As to religions creating division, there is always division in everything until men unite under one banner, usually not until the uniter looks successful. Such is human nature.

Last edited by Hallstatt; May 29th, 2004 at 10:03 AM.

Old May 29th, 2004 #3
Whirlwind

I am sorry I misspoke about your project not having a god. I understand the hindu reincarnation, we are all gods eventually stuff. That is not my impression of Norse religions though.
Today you'd look successful if you could stand around all day handing out $5 bills. Success is just a form of the real attractant; power. You all know who has the power in your own circle. The one who seldom gets challenged. The one who could go out with your ex, and you would bite your tongue.

Old May 29th, 2004 #4
Whirlwind

Unless YOU are the one with the power. And if you are, how do you use it?

Old May 30th, 2004 #5
Hallstatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind
... I understand the hindu reincarnation, we are all gods eventually stuff. That is not my impression of Norse religions though....
I should correct any impression that The White Temple affirms the concept of reincarnation. Evolution is the modern Western version of this, but the unique thing about our religious concept is that we are not talking only about the evolution of consciousness, which most Eastern religions propose; super-species will develop super-consciousness, and God consciousness develops with God when the highest consciousness is attained; and all this is within the phenomenal world, although supremely evolved.

It was a great mistake for Nordics to replace the natural religious world of the “pagans” with the “spiritual” world of weak philosophers and Christian priests. I agree with Nietzsche when he said that creating the “spiritual” was perhaps the will-to-power of the philosophers and priests trying to conquer the warrior ethos, which was grounded in the natural world.

Thread