Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 12th, 2013 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default Wheat Grass

Any of you tried this? Any results to report?

At least one study has been made of wheat grass used to treat ulcerative colitis, and the conclusion was that it was effective in reducing symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11989836
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...55202317316088

Wheat grass doesn't have side effects, unlike prescription medicine. The guy who invented wheat grass, back in the forties, advanced a lot of claims for it that have not been scientifically verified.

Someone sent me a jar of this stuff years ago. I drink a cup or two of wheat-grass water daily. I find it has a modestly soothing effect. Doesn't hurt. Might help.

Would be interested in hearing if any of you have experience with wheat grass.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 13th, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
 
Old May 12th, 2013 #2
Solskeniskyn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,424
Solskeniskyn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Any of you tried this? Any results to report.

At least one study has been made of wheat grass used to treat ulcerative colitis, and the conclusion was that it was effective in reducing symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11989836
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...55202317316088

Wheat grass doesn't have side effects, unlike prescription medicine. The guy who invented wheat grass, back in the forties, advanced a lot of claims for it that have not been scientifically verified.

Someone sent me a jar of this stuff years ago. I drink a cup or two of wheat-grass water daily. I find it has a modestly soothing effect. Doesn't hurt. Might help.

Would be interested in hearing if any of you have experience with wheat grass.
I've consumed it to and from in the past. I'm slightly positively inclined to it, though the fantastic claims spouting it as some sort of magical drink is obviously bs.

I think a lot of the perceived benefits comes from its mineral content. Most don't realize this, but jugging a lot of only pure water can be quite a major stressor to the system. Juiced vegetables, juiced fruits and juiced green roughage can be quite soothing for this reason alone if you're accustomed to only pure water. Hehe, it sounds kind of ridiculous to agitate against pure water, but that is really the case in my experience and from my reading and understanding of it. Minerals+easily digestible fruit/veg-sugars lowers adrenaline/cortisol.

Honeyed up tea and just plain fresh squeezed orange juice might be something to dabble with too and see if it elicits a positive response, because if I've understood it correctly you're currently eating a pretty LC-diet that generaly tends to exclude all sugars and fruit juices.
 
Old May 12th, 2013 #3
Tom Joad
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: someplace there's no going back
Posts: 149
Default

Have you tried eating lots of bananas? http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...Disease/911446
 
Old May 12th, 2013 #4
Nate Richards
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,431
Nate Richards
Default

Quote:
The guy who invented wheat grass
heheh

Quote:
advanced a lot of claims for it that have not been scientifically verified.
Yeah they do that with every health food. Doesn't mean it's bad stuff. Probably won't give you a whiter smile and a bigger pecker but young wheat is still good to eat. I was surprised at how sweet it was. Almost too much.

I sprouted wheat for a few months and lived off that, to see how it worked. I was reading Kurt Saxon books as a kid and trying to test myself out. Didn't have any negative side effects but that stuff was so sweet it almost tasted artificial to me. This was hard red winter wheat. I understood why the cattle go nuts for fresh young grass and stick their heads through the barbed wires to nip a little green grass.

When you compare the nutrients of grain to sprouts, it's truly amazing how much you can get out of a little sun and water. It's the difference between eating an egg, and eating a whole chicken, and then some.
__________________
No time for the old in 'n out, love. I've just come to read the meter.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Have you tried eating lots of bananas? http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...Disease/911446
Early on I found a guy who claimed his raw fruits/vegs diet cured his UC, but he weighed 140 and ate nothing but bananas and lettuce. That's just bullshit. I eat bananas if I have them, always liked them. Don't notice any particular effect from them. Everything I have done attests to the mainstream view that UC is not caused by diet. It is good to eat a good diet because it keeps you in the best shape, and gives you most the energy. Not because it cures this or that disease.

I am firmly of the Atkins school - that the basic reason for obseity and attendant problems is excessive sugar consumption. I avoid breads and pastries, and most candy. Not entirely, but more than I used to, and I was never into them that much. Basically, I try to eat meat. The part that's hard for me is eating the deep green stuff Atkins recommends, since I really dislike lettuce and salad. What I have learned to do is steam broccoli and cauliflower. Steaming supposedly keeps the vitamin value, which is supposed to be lost if you boil vegetables.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post
heheh

Yeah they do that with every health food.
Hence my use of invented. Wheat grass as god's creation is one thing; wheat grass as miracle cure is human invention.

Quote:
Doesn't mean it's bad stuff. Probably won't give you a whiter smile and a bigger pecker but young wheat is still good to eat. I was surprised at how sweet it was. Almost too much.
I just have it in powered form. It's mildly unpleasant tasting, not sweet at all. Doesn't bother me though. Does have a sort of soothing effect, I would say. Maybe it's all in my head. These things are hard to tell.

Quote:
I sprouted wheat for a few months and lived off that, to see how it worked. I was reading Kurt Saxon books as a kid and trying to test myself out. Didn't have any negative side effects but that stuff was so sweet it almost tasted artificial to me. This was hard red winter wheat. I understood why the cattle go nuts for fresh young grass and stick their heads through the barbed wires to nip a little green grass.

When you compare the nutrients of grain to sprouts, it's truly amazing how much you can get out of a little sun and water. It's the difference between eating an egg, and eating a whole chicken, and then some.
Interesting.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post
heheh

Yeah they do that with every health food. Doesn't mean it's bad stuff. Probably won't give you a whiter smile and a bigger pecker but young wheat is still good to eat. I was surprised at how sweet it was. Almost too much.

I sprouted wheat for a few months and lived off that, to see how it worked. I was reading Kurt Saxon books as a kid and trying to test myself out. Didn't have any negative side effects but that stuff was so sweet it almost tasted artificial to me. This was hard red winter wheat. I understood why the cattle go nuts for fresh young grass and stick their heads through the barbed wires to nip a little green grass.

When you compare the nutrients of grain to sprouts, it's truly amazing how much you can get out of a little sun and water. It's the difference between eating an egg, and eating a whole chicken, and then some.
Can you describe how one sprouts wheat? Is this actual wheat grass?
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #8
Jimmy Marr
Moderator
 
Jimmy Marr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jew S. A.
Posts: 3,674
Jimmy Marr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
The part that's hard for me is eating the deep green stuff Atkins recommends, since I really dislike lettuce and salad.
Yes, but you can toss kale (strip the stems) into a blender with some water and get lots of goodies quickly.

I'm not trying to say Solskeniskyn isn't a fruit cake or anything like that, but if you were to follow my suggestion it would also act as a test of his latest, weird-ass theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
Hehe, it sounds kind of ridiculous to agitate against pure water, but that is really the case in my experience and from my reading and understanding of it. Minerals+easily digestible fruit/veg-sugars lowers adrenaline/cortisol.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #9
Jimmy Marr
Moderator
 
Jimmy Marr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jew S. A.
Posts: 3,674
Jimmy Marr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Yes, but you can toss kale (strip the stems) into a blender with some water and get lots of goodies quickly.

I'm not trying to say Solskeniskyn isn't a fruit cake or anything like that, but if you were to follow my suggestion it would also act as a test of his latest, weird-ass theory.
Also feel free to add Basic Elixer to the above. It cures everything from cancer to arthritis.


Quote:
Put the following in a blender...

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup raw honey
8 cloves garlic

Mix on high speed for 60 seconds. Pour mixture into a glass container. Seal and leave in the refrigerator for five days. Normal dosage is two tsp. in a glass of water or fruit juice, grape or orange juice is best before breakfast.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Yes, but you can toss kale (strip the stems) into a blender with some water and get lots of goodies quickly.

I'm not trying to say Solskeniskyn isn't a fruit cake or anything like that, but if you were to follow my suggestion it would also act as a test of his latest, weird-ass theory.
Never tried kale.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #11
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Also feel free to add Basic Elixer to the above. It cures everything from cancer to arthritis.

sweeney todd song 8 pirellis miracle elixir.avi - YouTube
I got no idea if you're joking. I do eat lots of garlic. Fun to cook with.

All I know is I've gone outside 13.7x, and so far no hummingbirds have tried to drink my eyes, so it's a good late spring.
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #12
Solskeniskyn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,424
Solskeniskyn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Yes, but you can toss kale (strip the stems) into a blender with some water and get lots of goodies quickly.

I'm not trying to say Solskeniskyn isn't a fruit cake or anything like that, but if you were to follow my suggestion it would also act as a test of his latest, weird-ass theory.
Fruit cake you say? That can be done: just add gelatin to the juice and let it sit.

On a serious note, I actually recommend that, it's the same amino acids that you find in a soothing bone broth (sans all the work).
 
Old May 13th, 2013 #13
M.N. Dalvez
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,846
M.N. Dalvez
Default

It tastes good and I liked it, but I habitually eat a lot of green leafy vegetables anyway, and I noticed no additional effect on top of that.

I'm a big believer in spinach and mustard greens as a regular feature of one's diet. I hear kale and kohl rabi are supposed to be good, but I've never personally eaten either.

It's interesting to note that nutritionally speaking, the only advantage that wheatgrass has over spinach is a large amount more of vitamin E and a tiny amount of vitamin B12, protein and phosphorus.

It's not a bad thing and it can't hurt, like you said. But it's not the Gaulish druid's magic potion or anything.
 
Old May 17th, 2013 #14
America First
Senior Member
 
America First's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,699
America First
Default

We have enemy aliens who do hate us that are running our ship.


This is about Vitamin C. I did not want to start a new thread etc.

If this is true, oh the horror then.


Quote


punkyjazz on January 10, 2013 at 9:17 am said:


Fromm is an excellent food, but I wanted to comment on the ingredients from China. It is my understanding that all the worlds production of vitamine C comes from China. The vitamine C in human supplements is also from China. The last North American manufacturer of vitamine C shut down in 2009 (?) dont quote me on the year…. If the rest of the world is getting it’s supply from China I would presume that Fromm is too.

unquote


Quote

Vitamin C Not Made in China, Updated | Maté Tea for the Mind
echenard.wordpress.com/2009/05/.../vitamin-c-not-made-in-china-updat...‎

May 13, 2009 – Don't expect a long list since almost ALL vitamin C sold in the US, ... Douglas Laboratories buys the DSM Quali-C (Scottish made vitamin c) but ...
EarthTurns - American Made Vitamin Supplements and Personal ...
http://www.earthturns.com/Reasons-To...158.htm‎

From the beginning, EarthTurns.com made the decision to only sell vitamins, ... If the vitamin C is not from the US, it is most likely from South American citrus fruit.
Amazon.com: Nature Made Vitamin C 1000mg, 300 Tablets: Health ...
www.amazon.com › ... › Vitamins & Multivitamins‎
My whole family takes Nature Made Vitamin C. It helps us to avoid colds. I have been using Nature Made Vitamins for years. Amazon has the best price.
Nature Made Vitamin C, 1000mg, Tablets | drugstore.com
www.drugstore.com › home › vitamins › vitamins ak › vitamin c‎
Rating: 5 - 7 reviews
Buy Nature Made Vitamin C, 1000mg, Tablets with free shipping on orders over $25, low prices & product reviews | drugstore.com. ... Made in U.S.A. ...
"Made in the USA?" - Opurity
http://www.opurity.com/store/multivi..._in_usa‎

Nevertheless, we believe that calling a multi-vitamin "Made in USA" when ... China makes approximately 90% of the ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) in the world.
The Vitamin C Foundation - China-free Vitamin C Source
www.vitamincfoundation.org/‎

The telephone numbers to reach us are the standard 800-894-9025 and the new ... Note: Vitamin C Foundaton Approved® Vitamin C is NOT Made in China ...
CHINA-FREE PRODUCTS: Vitamin-C
china-free-products.blogspot.com/2007/08/vitamin-c.html‎

Aug 27, 2007 – Learn healthy ways to improve your chemistry while taking vitamin-C made in China, Or should you switch your vitamins tomorrow? Read on.
Even Vitamin Additives Coming from China - Free Republic
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1831577/posts‎

May 10, 2007 – Unable to compete, the last U.S. plant making vitamin C closed a year ago. One of .... It's easy. Label stuff that made in USA as made in USA.
Vitamin C - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C‎

Vitamin C refers to a number of vitamers that have vitamin C activity in animals, ... It is made internally by almost all organisms; the main exceptions are bats, ...
Nature Made Vitamin C 500 mg
www.naturemade.com › Vitamins & Supplements › Vitamin C‎
Additionally, Vitamin C is necessary for the body to manufacture collagen, which is essential for healthy skin. Nature Made 500 mg Vitamin C caplets are a great ...
__________________
Isn't it strange that we talk least about the things we think about most?

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Last edited by America First; May 17th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
 
Old July 12th, 2014 #15
Smiley
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Any of you tried this? Any results to report?

At least one study has been made of wheat grass used to treat ulcerative colitis, and the conclusion was that it was effective in reducing symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11989836
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...55202317316088

Wheat grass doesn't have side effects, unlike prescription medicine. The guy who invented wheat grass, back in the forties, advanced a lot of claims for it that have not been scientifically verified.

Someone sent me a jar of this stuff years ago. I drink a cup or two of wheat-grass water daily. I find it has a modestly soothing effect. Doesn't hurt. Might help.

Would be interested in hearing if any of you have experience with wheat grass.
prilosec will cure ulcerative colitis
 
Old August 10th, 2015 #16
Joe from OH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,572
Joe from OH
Default

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/e...olitis-severe/

Quote:
Inflammatory bowel diseases occur almost exclusively in parts of the world where the diet is high in meat and dairy foods, and are rare in countries where people still consume starch based, almost entirely vegetarian meals. Severe “allergic-type” reactions to some of those rich foods have been suspected as being the causes of these conditions.
Quote:
An important study was performed with Crohn’s disease patients who had been suffering from severe diarrhea for many years, with 20 stools or more per day. The subjects were changed from a high fat diet to one low in fats. This gave relief from the frequent watery stools within two to three days. Most patients continued to form solid bowel movements-as long as they kept the animal and vegetable fats out of their diet.
__________________
Every male jew's life begins with an old jew (mohel) sucking his dick.

--Sean Gruber VNN
 
Old August 11th, 2015 #17
N.B. Forrest
Senior Member
 
N.B. Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia, CSA
Posts: 11,145
N.B. Forrest
Default

Leaf spinach is a great substitute for lettuce in salads. I don't like lettuce, either: good on most sandwiches, but that's all.
__________________
"First: Do No Good." - The Hymiecratic Oath

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin
 
Old August 25th, 2015 #18
B. Amy
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 621
B. Amy
Default

I saw a good video explaining how gall stones are really responsible for most ulcerative colitis. Basically bile is what neutralizes your stomach acid. If you have gall stones blocking your bile your stomach acid just burns all the way through your intestines, wrecks them. Drinking a big cupful of oil can sometimes purge gallstones, 6 tablespoons of oil is about 700 calories you can handle it ok. The idea is to fast for 7 or 8 hours before, so the gall bladder is full of bile so it can push the gallstones out.

Gall stones are very very common, especially if you are over 40. Just they don't always cause problems or you don't feel them unless one gets lodged in bile ducts. You also get intrahepatic stones that reduce liver function.

no fat diet or low fat diet can be deadly. Backed up, unused bile turns into gall stones.
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.
Page generated in 0.13835 seconds.