VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 23rd, 2015 #41
Alex Linder
Administrator

[skunky mcdoof aka vox day]

Wearing Murdoch's leash

Fox News may be better than the ABCNNBCBS cabal, but don't ever mistake them for the good guys, or even being reliably pro-American. And they do NOT like criticism coming from the nationalist right:

The blogger Mickey Kaus has quit his job at The Daily Caller after the conservative site's editor-in-chief, Tucker Carlson, pulled a critical column about Fox News from the site, Kaus told the On Media blog on Tuesday.

"It's pretty simple," Kaus said in an interview, "I wrote a piece attacking Fox for not being the opposition on immigration and amnesty -- for filling up the airwaves with reports on ISIS and terrorism, and not fulfilling their responsibility of being the opposition on amnesty and immigration.... I posted it at 6:30 in the morning. When I got up, Tucker had taken it down. He said, 'We can't trash Fox on the site. I work there.'"

Carlson, who co-founded The Daily Caller in 2010, is a conservative contributor to Fox News and the host of its weekend edition of "Fox & Friends."

Kaus says when he told Carlson he needed to be able to write about Fox, Carlson told him it was a hard-and-fast rule, and non-negotiable.

"He said it was a rule, and he wouldn't be able to change that rule. So I told him I quit," Kaus explained. "I just don't see how you can put out a publication with that kind of giant no-go area. It's not like we're owned by Joe's Muffler Shop, so we just can't write about Joe's Muffler shop."

This is entirely par for the Fox News course. Ten years ago I was writing a book called Media Whores that was signed to Thomas Nelson. The executives were very upset when they discovered that it wasn't only about the media whores of the Left, but contained chapters about Michelle Malkin and Bill O'Reilly as well.

The official line about the sudden cancellation was that the book wasn't expected to sell well enough to justify the marketing. However, I was told by someone inside the organization, who was definitely in a position to know what really happened, that the outline and sample chapters I'd provided were shown to Fox, who indicated that they would prefer that it was not published. So, the book was duly canceled six weeks after the contract was signed, although I did get paid for it.

This was not my only experience of this variety. And perhaps you'll understand that my disregard for mainstream publishers is not entirely rooted in my disdain for the SJW gatekeepers in SF/F.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/03/w...chs-leash.html

Old March 23rd, 2015 #42
N.B. Forrest

That bow-tied rent boy for Hymie grinds my gears.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old March 24th, 2015 #43
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
That bow-tied rent boy for Hymie grinds my gears.
yeah...

funny thing is, ol mcdoof has come a good ways round to our position. it's impressive and useful. he has a whole SF publishign thing going, and is into games. what i did not realize in the time i made fun of him and read his stuff at WND is that he is apparently non-white, injun or something. nevertheless he hates malkin, the spider-eating media whore, so he can't be all bad. he has offered partial defenses of NS germany. he is fighting on the front of PC in science fiction, and has something called Sad Puppies. that's not my area, but it's basically the gamergate battle in sci-fi. all in all, he basically admits what i said back when VNN started, that all those WND writers are simply tools of the warmongering kikes. they're fame whores who will say anything to get on tv. he even has a nickname for malkin: Me So Michelle. he ripped the shit out of her stupid book justifying FDR's internment camps for japanese.

Old March 24th, 2015 #44
Alex Linder
Administrator

Discolored blames whites for, uh, what? For making Austin better. Blacks don't get blamed for destroying Detroit. Whites do get blamed for upgrading Austin. That seems fair and balanced.

But the main point here is the media gives this guy the real-estate equivalent of 2500sq ft worth of quotespace to explain himself and advocate his politics. He is made at home in the leftist paper, given essentially carte blanche to determine the shaping of the story. Whereas if you're white and you do something, at most they confirm you (distributed a paper). You are never allowed to advocate your position, the entire affair is treated, always, as "hate comes to town." Even if you are protesting whites being raped and slaughtered, the controlled media turns it into a matter of your sickness of character.

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-loc...-stores-2015-3

Old May 11th, 2015 #45
Alex Linder
Administrator

ESPN fires Bill Simmons, probably for coming down to hard on head of NFL, Roger Goodell

Similar situation described in link re NCAA and potential show The Fix

http://briankoppelman.com/2014/09/29...ons-situation/

Old May 18th, 2015 #46
Alex Linder
Administrator

what it's like to be intern then get paid job for night tv talk show
http://grantland.com/features/my-letterman-years/

Old May 18th, 2015 #47
N.B. Forrest

Letterman's a lib, but as you said once before he's too smart not to know the jews control the media.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old March 5th, 2017 #48
Alex Linder
Administrator

are WP, NYT, Guardian buying fake readers?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-trickle-half-

Old March 5th, 2017 #49
Alex Linder
Administrator

huge shift in media

http://www.cjr.org/analysis/breitbar...vard-study.php

Quote:
Our own study of over 1.25 million stories published online between April 1, 2015 and Election Day shows that a right-wing media network anchored around Breitbart developed as a distinct and insulated media system, using social media as a backbone to transmit a hyper-partisan perspective to the world. This pro-Trump media sphere appears to have not only successfully set the agenda for the conservative media sphere, but also strongly influenced the broader media agenda, in particular coverage of Hillary Clinton.
Of course these objective media reviewers at Columbia Journalism Review would never describe the NYT, Washington Post, CNN as "hyper-partisan" in perspective. But they are. The point is that normal white people, the market for media, don't want media that are relentlessly hostile to normal-white-people views. With the internet, they can get them. That all this would happen was evident back when we started in 2000, but it's now becoming an actual fact.

Old March 5th, 2017 #50
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Tucker Carlson was off the Rez the other night interviewing some Congresshack over "Russian influence" in American politics.

Carlson pointed out that there were a lot of countries trying to influence American policy "some of them successfully" and that Russia wasn't in the top ten. He then called the Congressman a coward for not naming the countries who really have influence on American politics.

Pretty clear he was talking about Israel.

Old March 5th, 2017 #51
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Tucker Carlson was off the Rez the other night interviewing some Congresshack over "Russian influence" in American politics.

Carlson pointed out that there were a lot of countries trying to influence American policy "some of them successfully" and that Russia wasn't in the top ten. He then called the Congressman a coward for not naming the countries who really have influence on American politics.

Pretty clear he was talking about Israel.
Good. I keep reading the average Fox viewer is 66 or 68. That hardly seems possible, but I guess it is.

Old March 5th, 2017 #52
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/0...ens-democracy/

Quote:
Arguing that the Internet “threatens Democracy,” Edsall openly concedes that he believes the freedom unleashed by the Internet to be a threat to the establishment; to its norms and language codes.

Quote:
As the forces of reaction outpace movements predicated on the ideal of progress, and as traditional norms of political competition are tossed aside, it’s clear that the internet and social media have succeeded in doing what many feared and some hoped they would. They have disrupted and destroyed institutional constraints on what can be said, when and where it can be said and who can say it.
This is a rare moment of honesty from a mainstream commentator: up until now, the panicked, clumsy attempts to roll back freedom of speech on the web have advanced in disguise. Campaigns to reintroduce the language codes in the anarchic realm of the web have been concealed behind seemingly neutral concerns about “online harassment,” “trolling,” and “abuse.” Edsall, by contrast, doesn’t obfuscate. He straightforwardly admits that it’s really free speech on the web that concerns him. Good for him!

Old March 5th, 2017 #53
Alex Linder
Administrator

The left has to be forced quite against its will to acknowledge other positions exist. To the extent it can, it pretends it's not so. Ultimately, declining revenues are the only thing that can force it to look outside its bubble.

Old March 5th, 2017 #54
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Good. I keep reading the average Fox viewer is 66 or 68. That hardly seems possible, but I guess it is.
I have an aunt & a female cousin, 63 & mid-50s respectively; staunch Trumpers, Muslim-haters & wetback-dislikers, otherwise not racially or jew-aware: literally ALL they watch is Fox News.

Old March 11th, 2017 #55
Alex Linder
Administrator

[you dont think propaganda works? listen to the segment the MGTOW guy uses in this piece and see if you can figure out what point i'm going to make about it]

Old March 11th, 2017 #56
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
[you dont think propaganda works? listen to the segment the MGTOW guy uses in this piece and see if you can figure out what point i'm going to make about it]

Dinner Date With a Nasty Gold Digger MGTOW
Can't know any take but my own--female sense of entitlement, perhaps?

Or his stupidity-as soon as she ordered $165 worth of hummus, he should've told her he had a 'thing' and needed to go.

Also, bad to expect to meet nice women in your local 'watering hole'.

Pretty much my 1,2,3.

Old March 12th, 2017 #57
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
Can't know any take but my own--female sense of entitlement, perhaps?

Or his stupidity-as soon as she ordered $165 worth of hummus, he should've told her he had a 'thing' and needed to go.

Also, bad to expect to meet nice women in your local 'watering hole'.

Pretty much my 1,2,3.
the whole thing is a scripted fake. that's the point. no one in real life would deliver the lines as well as both the man but even more so the woman do. nary a stumble. so the real point is never take anything in mass media at face value.

Old March 12th, 2017 #58
littlefieldjohn

Quote:
the whole thing is a scripted fake. that's the point. no one in real life would deliver the lines as well as both the man but even more so the woman do. nary a stumble. so the real point is never take anything in mass media at face value.
I though the same; at first I thought the woman had been called ahead of time by the show's producers and had time to think of some quick repartees but then I figured the entire deal was staged. Probably sitting across the glass from the overpaid morons, with faked 'telephone call' sound effects like in those infomercials for concoctions the radio media puts on during off-hours.

Last edited by littlefieldjohn; March 12th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

Old December 13th, 2017 #59
Alex Linder
Administrator

Chile: Pinochet: Media Rules: Say what you want but DONT LIE was the rule.

Old December 19th, 2018 #60
Alex Linder
Administrator

Der Spiegel writer CNN gave award to turns out to be a serial fabricator

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ies-years.html

similar to "Shattered Glass"

Thread