Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 16th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Why I Cannot Support Concealed Carry Weapons Permits (And Why You Shouldnt Either!)

Why I Cannot Support Concealed Carry Weapons Permits (And Why You Shouldnt Either!)

Mac Slavo

January 16th, 2014

SHTFplan.com

John Filippidis is a Concealed and Carry Weapons permit holder, which means he can carry his firearm on his person or in his car legally. He followed all applicable laws in the State of Florida to obtain his permit, and has been a lawful citizen since being “given the right” to retain a firearm when in public.

Recently he was driving through the State of Maryland on a family vacation when he was stopped, for no apparent reason, by a law enforcement officer who had trailed his car for at least ten minutes.

According to his family, this is how the stop went down :

The officer was from the Transportation Authority Police. He asked Filippidis for his license and registration. Around ten minutes later, he returned and asked John to exit his vehicle.

“You own a gun,” the officer says. “Where is it?”

Filippidis told the officer his gun was at home in his safe.

Apparently the officer didn’t believe Filippidis, because he began questioning his wife, Kally, next:

“Your husband owns a gun. Where is it?”

First Kally said, “I don’t know.” Retelling it later to the Tampa Tribune, she said, “And that’s all I should have said.” Instead, attempting to be helpful, she added, “Maybe in the glove [box]. Maybe in the console. I’m scared of it. I don’t want to have anything to do with it. I might shoot right through my foot.”

That’s when things escalated. The officer confronted Filippidis:

“You’re a liar. You’re lying to me. Your family says you have it. Where is the gun? Tell me where it is and we can resolve this right now.”

Of course a gun could not be produced, since it was home in Filippidis’ safe.

Because Mrs. Filippidis told a different story than her husband, the officer said he had probable cause to search the vehicle. And he did just that. He called for backup and they literally took the vehicle apart in an effort to find the weapon the Mr. Filippidis left in his safe back at home in Florida.

The gun, of course, was never found. After 90 minutes of having their personal property violated, the Filippidis family was released without charge or citation.

Since Mr. Filippidis was driving according to all traffic laws, there was absolutely no reason to pull him over. And this is where our problem starts. Why did he get pulled over in the first place?

It turns out that when you register your weapon as a CCW holder you get flagged and tagged in the system. And, apparently this crosses over state lines, because the Transportation Authority Officer who pulled Mr. Filippidis over did so because he suspected there was a firearm in the car. That’s it – there was no probable cause of wrong doing and no other possible reason this car should have been pulled over.

Remember that whole ridiculous argument about registration of guns eventually leading to confiscation like it has in so many other countries in the past?

Turns out there may we be something to that. Mr. Filippidis and his family were, by all accounts, considered and treated criminals for legally owning a firearm, even though that firearm was not in their possession.

The chief of TAP has apologized to the Filippidis family, but no action has been taken against the officer that, in no uncertain terms, illegally detained and violated the rights of this family and did so at gunpoint.

As noted by Karl Denninger at The Market Ticker , this illegal stop highlights the key problem with CCW permits and gun registration initiatives in general, and he argues why such registration requirements need to be repealed.

Denninger: Why I Cannot Support CCW Permits

There is only one solution to this problem folks — it’s none of the government’s damned business if you’re carrying a weapon or not. It’s none of the government’s damned business right up until you do something unlawful with it , at which point it becomes both reasonable and appropriate to search, arrest, charge, whatever — for the unlawful act .

But the bottom line here is that the fact that this individual registered his ownership and intent to carry for personal protection of himself and his family in the places where it is lawful to do so with the government meant that he was unlawfully stopped, detained and searched by a ****head who has faced no penalty for the violation of his Constitutional right to be left alone absent evidence of, or probable cause to suspect, actual unlawful activity.

The only solution to this is Constitutional Carry . That is, you have the right under the 2nd Amendment to carry, either openly or concealed, a firearm without applying for any sort of permit or asking for permission from the government first.

It is only if and when you commit a crime with a weapon present and in some way related to the offense that the government gains the ability to intervene in your personal decision to not be a victim and protect both yourself and others near you, most-particularly your family.

There is no means to solve this problem any other way, as despite whatever sanctions Florida may apply to its peace officers for abusive acts of this sort the very act of registration exposes you to abuses by other political subdivisions in the United States.

Therefore, the only means of stopping this crap is in fact to get rid of any such requirement of registration — period.

We’ll repeat that again in case you missed it: The only solution to this is Constitutional Carry.

Can we all agree that a criminal who intends to do harm to others will never register their firearm? They will be carrying concealed regardless of the laws of the state in which they reside.

So, if the intent of these CCW laws is to prevent gun crimes instigated by gangs and others, then it is a total failure.

What these laws do in actuality is restrict the ability of law abiding citizens to own self defense weapons and, as the case in Maryland shows, to track those citizens across the country. Of course, the government would never overstep its bounds like these peace o

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ither_01162014

Old January 16th, 2014 #2
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Probably fiction. Cops don't know who CCW owners are, they barely know, or can find out, who owns the car your driving depending on where it's registered.

I've had a CCW since the 60's and never been stopped because of it; and I've traveled all over the country. This article stinks -again-as is too often seen here, of fear of authority. Many cop like knowing citizens(white citizens) are armed. I have been stopped by cops; and I've also gladly shown them my CCW, with few if any other questions asked-again all over the country.

Reality is cops do have much better thing to do than stop innocent people who might have a gun, especially without any provocation or reason. Read between the lines; fear of authority=intimidation x guilt=criminal apprehension=criminal. Fear nothing-because there is nothing to fear.

I do agree that every white citizen ought to be carrying a gun for self protection from niggers and other assorted nonwhite assholes; and that it's really no one else's business ; BUT don't let fear of cops prevent(or in this specific case; attempt to "intimidate") you. CCW or no-get a gun , learn to use it and protect yourself at all times.

Old January 16th, 2014 #3
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNOFSPARTA View Post
Probably fiction. ...
Interesting take on this. I did a search on "Filippidi " and "Maryland" and all I found was this and almost copies of this article. He mentions I95 and Maryland, but no location or nearby town or city. He mentions the Transportation Authority Police, but no names. No where no the web could I find any corroborating evidence that this happened. You'd think that at least a Maryland newspaper would be printing some other version or an apology. In the article allegedly someone sort of apologized. The only places I found mention of this supposed event was the typical web-hysteria sites and some newspaper in Tampa, Florida and that just was a rehash of the article in the thread.

Just a guess, but I'd say you are correct.

Mike

Old January 17th, 2014 #4
Crowe

Cops can search your name up, plate #, or driver's license # and get all sorts of information about you on their little computer console. So even a cop from another state knows if you got a CCW permit in any state. There might be some backwater county where the police aren't using up to date technology, but its still safe to assume they know these things. State police definitely have it, count on it.

I know that if you got a DUI on your record, you're more likely to get pulled over in random stops. You might wonder "How does the cop know I got a DUI based on just my plate #?". Its because the above is correct.

They might even ask you a question about something they already know just to see if you're lying to them. One of the reasons that niggers get into trouble with the police is they'll lie with every word out of their mouth, because they're too dumb to realize the cops already know these things. Never underestimate your enemy, and if a cop has just pulled you over, he is definitely not your friend.

Last edited by Crowe; January 17th, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

Old January 17th, 2014 #5
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
Interesting take on this. I did a search on "Filippidi " and "Maryland" and all I found was this and almost copies of this article. He mentions I95 and Maryland, but no location or nearby town or city. He mentions the Transportation Authority Police, but no names. No where no the web could I find any corroborating evidence that this happened. You'd think that at least a Maryland newspaper would be printing some other version or an apology. In the article allegedly someone sort of apologized. The only places I found mention of this supposed event was the typical web-hysteria sites and some newspaper in Tampa, Florida and that just was a rehash of the article in the thread.

Just a guess, but I'd say you are correct.

Mike
I suppose, like I hate niggers, some folks hate cops; so they need to formulate events,theories and stories to meet the desired hatred level they have, even if the information is fictitious. The only problem is- this fiction occasionally is believed by other less experienced people who actually think all cops are the bad guys, and have the technology, powers and talents of Batman or Superman =fear of authority on steroids.

Old January 20th, 2014 #6
Lucian A.
Banned

Quote:
who actually think all cops are the bad guys
Quote:
Reality is cops do have much better thing to do than stop innocent people who might have a gun,
Quote:
Fear nothing-because there is nothing to fear.

Quote:
I've had a CCW since the 60's
Oh.... you're one of those people.

This ain't your andy griffith idyllic america anymore, gramps.

Fuck the pigs!

Old January 20th, 2014 #7
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Ignore list is growing

Elliot Richards
Fred Streed
HardHawk
joefrombradford
Kajtimar
Lucian A.
N.M. Valdez
noname
Rounder

Does anyone else have more?

Last edited by SUNOFSPARTA; January 21st, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

Old January 21st, 2014 #8
Lucian A.
Banned

For what possible reason would you be blocking Fred Streed and Rounder.

Did they make you cry?

Old January 21st, 2014 #9
Gordon Green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe
Never underestimate your enemy, and if a cop has just pulled you over, he is definitely not your friend.

Raise that another notch with park rangers, esp. the ones who act like very friendly like in the old Yogi Bear cartoons. Over the past 2 years in my city, some rangers I've personally allowed myself to half-befriend (even when there was a small voice telling me not to do that then) have turned 180° in attitude, and now I avoid them like the city cops very carefully. Any cop that tries to be your best friend is actually your worst enemy.

Old January 21st, 2014 #10
notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Green View Post
Any cop that tries to be your best friend is actually your worst enemy.

Oftentimes when a kwap comes on friendly-like, what it's really up to is trying to cultivate a snitch. If the cultivation doesn't produce, then the pig loses all interest. Kwaps can't survive well without their snitches.

Old January 21st, 2014 #11
Gordon Green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmenomore View Post
Oftentimes when a kwap comes on friendly-like, what it's really up to is trying to cultivate a snitch. If the cultivation doesn't produce, then the pig loses all interest. Kwaps can't survive well without their snitches.

Have you seen a park ranger ever reveal his inner cop?

Old January 21st, 2014 #12
notmenomore

Quote:
Have you seen a park ranger ever reveal his inner cop?
Very much so. All park rangers are basically kwap wannabees.

Old January 21st, 2014 #13
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
the three "S"s: shoot, shovel, and shut-up.

Old January 21st, 2014 #14
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian A. View Post

Oh.... you're one of those people.

This ain't your andy griffith idyllic america anymore, gramps.

Fuck the pigs!
Sonofsparta is a former cop.

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old January 21st, 2014 #15
Lucian A.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
Figures!

Last edited by Lucian A.; January 26th, 2014 at 05:37 AM.

Old January 22nd, 2014 #16
Crowe

Quote:
Raise that another notch with park rangers, esp. the ones who act like very friendly like in the old Yogi Bear cartoons. Over the past 2 years in my city, some rangers I've personally allowed myself to half-befriend (even when there was a small voice telling me not to do that then) have turned 180° in attitude, and now I avoid them like the city cops very carefully. Any cop that tries to be your best friend is actually your worst enemy.
Game wardens are fucking scum. Their sole purpose is to write people up for minor infractions. I almost got taken to jail arguing over a bullshit infraction they wrote me up for, fishing without permission or some kinda bullshit. It was a public place over near the damn down by the Kentucky river, and I've fished there for years and never had a problem. These 2 faggots came down and asked me for my fishing license, which I had, and then they told me I wasn't supposed to be down there, and that they were gonna write me up. Judge threw it out, and I ended up not paying their queer ass fine.

Old January 22nd, 2014 #17
Gordon Green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinley View Post

When did he admit that? You've been here before us newbies.

Old January 22nd, 2014 #18
Gordon Green
Banned

Quote:

Why do they opt for the forests instead of the city?

Old January 22nd, 2014 #19
313Chris

Quote:
Why do they opt for the forests instead of the city?
My guess is, it's probably less risky to bully solitary white outdoors-types, who usually kowtow to authority anyway, than to try the same shit on packs of city niggers who might fight back -- or worse, accuse them of being raysiss -- and endanger their career.

Old January 22nd, 2014 #20
Gordon Green
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Game wardens are fucking scum. Their sole purpose is to write people up for minor infractions.

For my area they do the traffic monitor and don't parse through the park itself much, even in these bone chilling temperatures. But what really makes me mad is their deliberate ignoring of Nigger mischief and non-control. Bunches of niggers come to these picnic tables everyday and I haven't been able to sit on a particular set for a long while, like 3 or more years ago. I even brought this up, face-to-face, with one ranger last year (and I didn't use the word nigger), a young woman who transferred 6 months ago to another park that offered better pay. She was one of the good ones, or at least non-corrupted. Her answer to me just pussy footed around the problem, and she blamed the lack of "normal working people and families" using the picnic tables regularly as a deterrent to the Nigger thug loud ass gropie-ing. But I just bet they'd have done something if the rowdyness was a bunch of White guys. I've read Niggers aren't punished as much due to "legal protections", and I'd like to know what exactly that is, and where in the law books it's really written down.

I also believe that she herself couldn't bear anymore time with the "regular" rangers.

2 of which I've gotten a little to close to witnessing their own sociopathic personalities.

She had to do her required 2 years at this place, and she didn't seem like she'd miss it here anymore once gone. Her discomfort about them is that she never admitted it directly to me, because I believe she feared I might accidentally "spill the beans" to the other rangers what she really thought of them, and it could end up hurting her in the future. Though I bet if I moved and started attending the park she works at now she'd let out all those opinions of her out loud.

The other woman ranger who trained the one I kinda trusted has a very murky character. One day she had a new training partner, young male White redhead, and they stopped their patrol vehicle like a serious police stop, walking out slowly and setting their sights sorely on a suspect on the other side of the park. They watched the suspect for about 3 mintues and the suspect did not really come into the park, so they let him go. The nature of the whole situation demanded that I'd ask concerned question, but the bitch of this ranger said it was all about nothing. I believe there's something wrong with that. Why is the legal reason to withold information on somebody who's a potential thread? Seems like that should be cited for "Misconduct".

The young White male redhead was a very nice guy for the first 4 months, but last month I started getting unnerving vibes like there is a change in his demeanor. I believe she's training him to be an evil cunt like herself. On the slow road to sociopathy?

So if the legal priviledges of Niggers extends to state and federal parks, nothing is safe from pavement ape savagery any more. It's a total hypocritical nullification by Liberals in their dire persistent political battles in protecting the environment, when a Nigger enacted by such priviledge can eradicate the last Ivory-billed woodpecker and chop down any old tree to build a crackhouse or fire in winter. And I would think by the rules of political correctness that the animals would have greater life worhty priviledges over all of us "Humans".

Tags
Vehicle, Police officer, Video game console

Thread