Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > United Kingdom
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old February 8th, 2017 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Jeremy Corbyn says Speaker John Bercow is 'absolutely right' to ban Donald Trump from Parliament

Jeremy Corbyn has said he unequivocally supports a statement by the Speaker of the House of Commons suggesting Donald Trump will not be allowed to address Parliament during his state visit to the UK.

Mr Corbyn was speaking on BBC Radio London, after John Bercow faced calls to resign for saying he "strongly opposed" the President being invited to speak to MPs. The Speaker is traditionally politically neutral, but his firm statement in the House on Monday afternoon was met with applause from MPs.

Asked if Mr Bercow has the right to make such a statement, Mr Corbyn said: "The speaker speaks for Parliament. He is elected by all members of the House, he is therefore independent. He has the authority over Westminster Hall and that aspect of state visits."

He added: "I think he has spoken absolutely clearly [about] Donald Trump, and his misogyny and his racism and his behaviour over international law, particularly on the convention on refugees.

"I think he is absolutely right and I welcome the statement."

Mr Bercow told MPs on Monday he did not have the authority to block Mr Trump's state visit altogether, after Theresa May extended an invitation to the President during her visit to Washington last month.

But he said he had the power as Speaker to oppose an appearance by Mr Trump in Parliament's Royal Gallery, generally regarded as one of the high points of a traditional state visit.

“Before the imposition of the migrant ban I would myself have been strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall,” Mr Bercow said. “After the imposition of the migrant ban by President Trump I am even more strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall.”

He said that addressing Parliament was "not an automatic right, it is an earned honour". And to the visible shock of MPs, Mr Bercow added in a raised voice: "I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons."

Hong Kong police officers and security guards look on as an anarchist protester belonging to the Disrupt J20 movement sits after using a heavy duty D-lock and motorcycle lock to chain himself to a railing at the entrance gate to the Consulate General of the United States of America in Hong Kong to protest the inauguration of United States President-elect Donald Trump, Hong Kong, China, 20 January 2017. Two activists were arrested and taken away by Hong Kong police during the demonstration.

Government ministers have been critical of Mr Bercow's statement. Sajid Javid told the BBC's Today programme that his actions could set him on a collision course with the Prime Minister, who has been careful to present a positive picture of her relationship with Mr Trump.

He said: "Anyone who knows the Speaker knows that he speaks his mind but he doesn’t speak for the Government.

“The Government is very clear. President Trump

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7566446.html

Old February 9th, 2017 #2
Ray Allan

John Bercow is a stinking kike.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bercow

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old June 13th, 2017 #3
Dawn Cannon

Default BREAKING: John Bercow re-elected as Speaker of the House of Commons unopposed

John Bercow has been re-elected to the office of Speaker of the House of Commons unopposed, despite rumours some MPs might try and force a Speaker’s Election.

In the now traditional manner, Mr Bercow was dragged from the Commons backbenches to the Speaker’s Chair by the 54-year-old’s supporters.

Father of the House, Ken Clarke, moved the motion that Mr Bercow is re-elected Speaker of the Commons. MP’s unanimously backed the move with all MPs shouting ‘aye’ and none showing their disapproval by shouting ‘no’.

Prime Minister Theresa May congratulated the Speaker-Elect, saying: “At least somebody won an election with a landslide.”

http://royalcentral.co.uk/state/brea...nopposed-83686

Thread