VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 24th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default From Bo Sears: Biden's Warning of a Nation-Shaking Event in the Future

BIDEN'S WARNING OF A NATION-SHAKING EVENT IN THE FUTURE

A mystery has revealed itself to our eyes, and it is the concluding portion of US Senator Biden's warning to an audience about an unsettling prediction of testing of the next president. Here is the entire text taken from Alexander Cockburn's piece on CounterPunch posted this weekend.

=====

"Mark my words," Biden said solemnly at a Seattle fundraiser last Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden went on. He mentioned the Middle East and Russia. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right.”

What exactly is Biden hinting at in that last sentence? From the context of that whole paragraph it’s clear enough to me he’s suggesting that despite hopes nourished by the sort of people at that Seattle fundraiser that post-Bush/Cheney America might backpeddle from hasty military confrontations, President Obama will stand tall and lose no time in going eyeball to eyeball with those who would test his resolve.

http://www.counterpunch.com/cockburn10242008.html

=====

My friends and I have considered all kinds of situations in which a new president might need local community leaders to follow him blindly in some new policy, and the only thing we can conceive of that would be nation-shaking, and which couldn't be done without lots of local support, would be the re-introduction of the draft. Canada has already signaled its willingness to reject young diverse white Americans fleeing from a draft (along with other young Americans), so the easy escape is blocked.

It is hard to believe that contemporary American college students are more eager to be cut up, shot, and killed in 2009 than they were in Johnson's Vietnam.

If a President Obama has a foreign policy initiative that makes Bush's international interventions look tiny, it would require a massive army and navy which would require a draft of unprecedented proportions with a correspondingly great outburst of protest.

=====

Any other ideas of substantive policy initiatives that couldn't be implemented with only the powers in the presidency and the Congress --- initiatives that would require wide-ranging local public support?

Old October 24th, 2008 #2
KMRATHELL
deken

With Biden's long history of being a long-winded blow hard it wouldn't be inconceivable to me he was just rambling on to hear himself talk.

It is possible he is thinking Obama's black constituency will turn on him if he doesn't fulfill their dreams. Obama may feel like many black NCOs in the military felt, besides their secret hatred of whitey, in that they were embarassed by the behavior of many of their lower ranking blacks and felt this behavior was holding back the black race. Many black NCOs were much harder on lower ranking blacks than on lower ranking Whites for the same offenses. I am not sure that applies to today's military but it certainly did 35 plus years ago.

Of course you can never discount Jew-ordered wars and other manufactured disasters to cover up such problems as a destroyed economy, etc. You don't need any inside information to muse about this possiblity.

Old October 24th, 2008 #3
notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
BIDEN'S WARNING OF A NATION-SHAKING EVENT IN THE FUTURE

A mystery has revealed itself to our eyes, and it is the concluding portion of US Senator Biden's warning to an audience about an unsettling prediction of testing of the next president.....

...the only thing we can conceive of that would be nation-shaking, and which couldn't be done without lots of local support, would be the re-introduction of the draft. Canada has already signaled its willingness to reject young diverse white Americans fleeing from a draft (along with other young Americans), so the easy escape is blocked.

It is hard to believe that contemporary American college students are more eager to be cut up, shot, and killed in 2009 than they were in Johnson's Vietnam.

If a President Obama has a foreign policy initiative that makes Bush's international interventions look tiny, it would require a massive army and navy which would require a draft of unprecedented proportions with a correspondingly great outburst of protest.

=====

Any other ideas of substantive policy initiatives that couldn't be implemented with only the powers in the presidency and the Congress --- initiatives that would require wide-ranging local public support?

Although they've generally tip-toed around the subject, both "major party" candidates have hinted at a return to conscription. Apparently, the anticipated demand for cannon fodder will far outstrip the supply available under the current all-volunteer military.

The approaching general economic collapse may have a degree of influence on the course of both the Kwan Empire and the trends in international affairs. Even if the general bankruptcy acts to preclude new and more grandiose military adventures, however, the likely necessity to impose a draconian martial law very soon in the Kwa may itself generate manpower requirements necessitating a draft.

Old October 24th, 2008 #4
Cernunnos

I predict an economic draft: continued mismanagement of the economy results in increased enlistment.

If not, at the first sign of trouble, I take a permanent vacation in Beijing. Nooooo extladition silly yankee, so solly, bai bai.

However, it is fortunate that those who enlist are less likely to understand that when firing bullets, the enemy is prone to fire back, thus ensuring failure in their endeavours.

Old October 24th, 2008 #5
Peer Fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Losonov View Post
If not, at the first sign of trouble, I take a permanent vacation in Beijing. Nooooo extladition silly yankee, so solly, bai bai.
Aren't there a lot of chinks in Beijing?

Old October 25th, 2008 #6
Cernunnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Fischer View Post
Aren't there a lot of chinks in Beijing?
Yes, though there is also a small white expatriate community, which is a positive indicator. However, there is a greater concern: as I do not yet speak Arabic but speak Chinese, that is the one place besides an Anglophone (i.e. subordinated) country where one could make money as an engineer or anything else for that matter. Brunei remains a possibility though its labour market is much more shallow and thus the odds of not finding a position before the initial capital evaporates is higher.

Last edited by Cernunnos; October 25th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.

Thread