Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 2nd, 2012 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Ideas Tracker

For Showcase members: I would like each member to pick at least one outside media source and track it with regard to intellectual developments and their relation to our cause. Myself, I will track lewrockwell.com, theoccidentalobserver.net and alternativeright.com, to start, and perhaps add others later. Anyone is free to track these himself as well, and of course also free to comment on the points I raise.

Readers: First and last, this thread is about ideas. Finding them, analyzing them. Wherever they appear. 'Ideas' most certainly includes new forms, new verbal forms, new bottles for old wines; new and better or worse ways of getting across new or old ideas.

Wherever I come across interesting ideas relevant to our cause, I will post and analyze them in this thread. People are welcome to PM me any subject matter they would like me to analyze, and if it's worth it, I will.

Last edited by Alex Linder; June 19th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Old May 2nd, 2012 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

For example, tomorrow I will analyze this thread.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...e-culture-war/

The piece itself is of limited interest, but the comments bring out a number of points and meta-points.

Old May 2nd, 2012 #3
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Do you have any others in particular that you would like to see covered, Alex?

Old May 3rd, 2012 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Uh...Counter-Currents, Am Ren, Occidental Dissent...stuff probably most of us read at least from time to time. But it could be something radically different - stuff on gold, cars, business mags, anything. Just sort of tracking it in relation to overall change and our cause in specific. Doesn't absolutely have to be a formal media outlet, could be Stormfront, for example. Or Majority Rights.

Old May 3rd, 2012 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

Going to make some observations about The Occidental Observer, but more about our movement and its thinking, drawn from the comments section of this TOO article.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...e-culture-war/

Old May 3rd, 2012 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
The Role of Party Politics in the Culture War by Alex Kurtagic

It is no secret that White identity political parties have it difficult in the age of ‘equality’.

If politics is the art of the possible, a culture where Whiteness is anathema makes White identity polities not possible.

Hence, the call to conceive the struggle for the West as a culture war, rather than a political contest: to win the election, we have to first win the culture.
Will make a subtle but important point here. This writing above is wrong because it takes a conservative approach rather than a radical approach. The conservative approach takes 'age' and 'culture' and 'era' as things that just sort of somehow exist, spontaneously generating out of the ether for no obvious reason. It is very fun to write like this. Safe, too. That's why catholics and paleocons specialize in it. Kurtagic is neither of these, as far as I know, but he's using the same mindset and formulations. The right way for WN to approach it is to focus on the who and why that gave rise to this state of things. Keep the actor and actions front and center. Don't drift in on some nebulous 'it was the age of anti-Whiteism.' Things human don't come from nowhere, they're no weather. It is so, so wrong, and so, so common to treat political conditions like they are weather and can't be done about. But always true and pertinent remains FDR's "nothing in politics happens by accident."

This is not the age of anything. It is not the era of anything. It is not a culture of anything. The age, era and culture we have are deliberately foisted and fostered by the powers that be, and that means the jews, and they foist it on us through the mass media. Culture, in this age, means tv. Cable tv. The thing that households are watching eight or nine hours a day. There is no other culture in this country. Kurtagic knows this, but my point is that he doesn't write to emphasize it, he adopts the standard conservative method of just pretending it's some impersonal, overwhelming force that nothing can be done about. Always, I repeat, it should be kept front and center that all this we hate?-- it's being done to us by people who hate us, and those people are jews and the collaborators who serve them.

It has been said that one of the great successes of Marxism was in making his wacko 'scientific' vision appear inevitable. Well, when conservatives or WN like Kurtagic write the way they do, it has just that effect - it makes the product of specific men, minds and motives appear to be general, diffuse and ineluctable.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 4th, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Old May 3rd, 2012 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
You can follow whichever sites/media you like, but I'm also specifically looking to make a 'head' here at VNN. To create a strain or school that comes to 'take over' WN - be the leading and representative strain within by beating down all contenders. So we want to dig up and munge to second death bad ideas advocated by fellow WN. Erm...so to speak.

Thread