Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 20th, 2004 #21
MOMUS
Doubts the official story

Default Is never a long, long time, professor?

What did those ancient Greeks actually look like then, time traveler? Did you bring back photos to back this claim, or did you measure all of their skulls?
Maybe the Japanese should have listened to you rather than reading Herodotus or similar contemporary sources who speak of the fairness and "clear eyes" of the early greeks.
All across the flexing borders between the blonde northerners and the darker peoples from the south are traditions of a ruling elite of tall golden-haired folk. In Spain the aboriginal Iberians were ruled first by a Celtic minority (from whom Galicia takes its name) and then a Visigothic one. In Greece the Dorian invasion was a reconquest by Celtic/Gothic invaders from the north. In the heart of Anatolia was an enclave of fighting Gauls (biblical Galatians). The viking Russ conquered and ruled the Slavic majority of early Russia. The early Roman and other Italics came from the north and their early republic was invaded in turn by huge populations of Gallic tribes from across the Alps and later Goths and then Lombard germans.
The paleohistorians whom I respect concur that Greece was repeatedly invaded from the north by celtic/gothic peoples, the Dorian invasion being the last and best known. You may hairsplit over what is meant by "greek" or that the Nordic phenotype is something more refined and specialized. I expect that from a scholar of your post-sophomoric stature and with your level of dogmatic self-assurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Eternae
The Greeks were never phenotypically nordic.
It seems the Japanese also don't know this, as all the "greek" characters in their games are blonde haired and blue eyed. (SC2, below)

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/

Old September 20th, 2004 #22
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSOLDAAT
Sounds fair and honest. I like everything I read, a different view in someways from mine but still valid in my view.
Charles Morris stated in his book "Aryan Race," that modern Greeks should be viewed as one of three subraces of the Aryan type, which he called "meanthrocrhonic" meaning darker colored, as opposed to the lighter colored nordic or "xanthrochronic" or something like that, cant recall exactly, which corresponds to Baker's 3 part typology in the more contemporary book "race," which names the group "mediterranid."

Greeks are certainly not Nordics and if one considers Aryan and Nordic equivalent, then perhaps there is an issue.

I prefer the term "White" to "Aryan" because Aryan has a more specific historical and linguistic meaning which is not so relevant to our particular situation. However, I love the word "Aryan" and dont abjure its use entirely.

Finally, one can appreciate the necessity of intermarriage between people of the Nordic type, to preserve the unique and fragile Nordic phenotype, without making a big deal out of inter-subracial White hybridity. For example, my look is Greek, but my other 3/4 ancestral heritage of German and a few other stocks makes me nearly the ideal Europid of mixed national heritage. LOL

I get the arrogance and good looks from the Greek side, the stubborn-ness and work ethic from the German, the height and skill with money from my Anglo-Scotch. LOL

Old September 20th, 2004 #23
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone
We used to view most Greeks as "Nick". Or "Alex" ( Alexandria). Depending on gender.

Kind of whittles it down. You are verbose, sir.

Keystone
Nick and Alex are wonderful names. You are verbose too Mr 1000+ posts, most of which came after you said you were leaving two or three times.

I guess you're not a jew though, seeing as how you have a Ruger Vaquero. No Jew would ever have that gun. Way too cool for a jew.

Old September 20th, 2004 #24
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMUS
Such hubris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
"It is inaccurate to say that the modern Greeks are different physically from the ancient Greeks; such a statement is based on an ignorance of the Greek ethnic character.... The Greeks, in short, are a blend of racial types, of which two are most important: the Atlanto-Mediterranean and the Alpine. Dinaricism here is present, but not all pervading; true Alpines are commoner than complete Dinarics. The Nordic element is weak, as it probably has been since the days of Homer. The racial type to which Socrates belonged is today the most important, while the Atlanto-Mediterranean, prominent in Greece since the Bronze Age, is still a major factor. It is my personal reaction to the living Greeks that their continuity with their ancestors of the ancient world is remarkable, rather than the opposite."

(Carleton S. Coon, The Races of Europe)

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANP
The most extensive study of modern Greeks has been carried by the Greek anthropologist Aris N. Poulianos [10,11]. Poulianos’ study included the collection and study of more than seventy anthropometric measurements from a large sample of thousands of Greeks from different parts of the country. His main conclusions are that both Greeks and their neighboring populations are basically a mixture of Aegeans (a Mediterranean type local to the area) and Epirotics (Dinarics(e))and are descended from the ancient inhabitants of the lands in which they live.

The presence of individuals which approximate the Nordic subrace is minimal, and does not exceed 4-6% even in the most depigmented groups of Greece. More frequent are individuals which approximate the Alpine race of Central Europe. These reach up to 20-30% of some groups.

It was nice kicking your ass MOMUS. Now it's your turn to put up or shutup. Show me the ancient Greeks were phenotypically Nord. Cite your sources.

Last edited by Anima Eternae; September 20th, 2004 at 04:23 PM.

Old September 20th, 2004 #25
Kamangir42

Anima is right.

Old September 20th, 2004 #26
STORMSOLDAAT

More typical greek girls:

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cuvc/club/alumni/askoufog.jpg

http://www.budo.gr/budo/images/photo...esB2001_01.jpg

So as we can see although "some" greeks are light, most are not a search of the net. visiting Greek sites will prove this.

I am only pointing out this, because it is important that we have a clear view of what the main racial types are in each European country.

I used to work with a Turkish guy he was fair, but although he was born in Turkey and had family there, they were not Turkish decent, they were of Bulgarian decent (funnily enough another dark med people, but he was fair = fair skin and hair and blue eyes). I also worked with an light arab with light skin and blue eyes.

What I am trying to say is, there are always example to prove a point if you look hard enough!

Old September 20th, 2004 #27
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

[QUOTE=STORMSOLDAAT]More typical greek girls:

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cuvc/club/alumni/askoufog.jpg

http://www.budo.gr/budo/images/photo...esB2001_01.jpg

QUOTE]

The ugly one in the middle looks like a jew.

Old September 20th, 2004 #28
John in Woodbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitler goddess
The ugly one in the middle looks like a jew.
I thought it was Alfred E. Newman.

Old September 20th, 2004 #29
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

StormSoldaat, pigmentation is not a reliable barometer of whiteness.

Last edited by Anima Eternae; September 20th, 2004 at 10:19 PM.

Old September 20th, 2004 #30
Abzug Hoffman

The one in gray also looks like a jew - Molly Ringwald with brown hair.

Old September 21st, 2004 #31
Racial Inquisitor

Quote:
In Spain the aboriginal Iberians were ruled first by a Celtic minority (from whom Galicia takes its name)
Not exactly. First of all, I wouldn't call Celts in Spain exactly a "minority" as in "just a handful of them", but rather a not insignificant component of the ancient population. And second, they were never some sort of "elite rulers" of the Iberians, they simply lived in areas of the Iberian peninsula and ruled over certain territories where they made up the majority, but not the "whole turf". The Iberian peninsula in ancient times, before the Roman conquest, was not a unified territory and was divided into "clans".

Map marking the territory of the Iberian Celts (in red):

http://usuarios.arsystel.com/abaco/E...e%20iberia.htm

Old September 21st, 2004 #32
MOMUS

Default history is fun, huh?

OK, clearly neither of us was there and it's true that I generalize.
It is doubtful, though, that the invading celts only moved to locations in Iberia that weren't already occupied by the natives, so there was likely conflict, conquest and displacement as well as integration and absorption. In what measure neither you nor I know. We know that they are now called Celtiberians, so they were blending in historical time. They were more advanced politically and technologically that the natives so it is more likely that they ruled than were ruled by the Iberians. The relative influence of coastal Punics and jews and the stray pet nigger I am not factoring here.
Most contemporary accounts of Celts in Gaul speak of a ruling elite of strapping big blondes. I think it safe to assume the same for neighboring Iberia.
Thanks for the map link, I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racial Inquisitor
Not exactly. First of all, I wouldn't call Celts in Spain exactly a "minority" as in "just a handful of them", but rather a not insignificant component of the ancient population. And second, they were never some sort of "elite rulers" of the Iberians, they simply lived in areas of the Iberian peninsula and ruled over certain territories where they made up the majority, but not the "whole turf". The Iberian peninsula in ancient times, before the Roman conquest, was not a unified territory and was divided into "clans".

Map marking the territory of the Iberian Celts (in red):

http://usuarios.arsystel.com/abaco/E...e%20iberia.htm

Old September 21st, 2004 #33
MOMUS

Default Oooooh, yer so baaaaaad.....

Wow, kicked my ass did you? Are your knuckes bleeding? You must have knocked me out because I didn't feel a thing.

Post-sophomoric racial studies do seem to be over my head, but I think I'm catching on. Using your context what would you say AMERICANS are or were? I'm curious. Are they Whites, I mean caucasians, I mean Europeans? Or are they Amerindians/Orientals? Correct me on your strict terminology.
What about Mexicans? Are they Aztec/Mixtecs/etc. or are they Spanish?
My point, professor, is that the invading Dorians and their ancestors from the preceding invasion of blonde haired , light-eyed northerners became GREEKS, all of them. For the period of their rule and that of their fair-skinned descendents Greece was ruled by blonde celtic/nordic types.
I said that you would hairsplit and niggle over definitions and I was right. I never said that Greece was completely overrun by nothing but dolichocephalic nordic blondes named Knut and Ingemar. You try to infer that, as I predicted.
You said that greeks were NEVER nordics. As your source reveals some were.
Jerk.
Quote:
Such hubris...

Also:

It was nice kicking your ass MOMUS. Now it's your turn to put up or shutup. Show me the ancient Greeks were phenotypically Nord. Cite your sources.

Last edited by MOMUS; September 21st, 2004 at 01:13 AM.

Old September 21st, 2004 #34
Intrepid
Dodging vacuous stares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzug Hoffman
The one in gray also looks like a jew - Molly Ringwald with brown hair.
Actually, that looks like the spic who served me my Carne Asada plate at lunch today.

Old September 21st, 2004 #35
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

Quote:
Wow, kicked my ass did you?
Indeed.

Quote:
My point, professor, is that the invading Dorians and their ancestors from the preceding invasion of blonde haired , light-eyed northerners became GREEKS, all of them. For the period of their rule and that of their fair-skinned descendents Greece was ruled by blonde celtic/nordic types.
I said that you would hairsplit and niggle over definitions and I was right. I never said that Greece was completely overrun by nothing but dolichocephalic nordic blondes named Knut and Ingemar. You try to infer that, as I predicted.
You said that greeks were NEVER nordics. As your source reveals some were.
Jerk.
I didn't say all Greeks. I said "greeks". I'm not saying there weren't blonde hair blue eyed Greeks (and you know that), but what I am saying is that the old Greeks (such of those of the time of Homer and later) were overwhelmingly majority of the phenotype I described.

Greeks were never Nordic, in the population sense. Think big, man.

Jerk.

Old September 21st, 2004 #36
Bragi

Default I'm smitten.

I fell in love with Catalina Polor during the summer olympics. She's a Romanian, not a Greek. This girl is my idea of perfection. Wow, what a hottie. And a world class athlete to boot! It's off topic but so what. This girl is my dream.

Old September 21st, 2004 #37
Bragi

What a beauty! Did anyone see her perform? I'd kill to deflower her. Sorry, not a pedophile, but she's just about legal.

Old September 21st, 2004 #38
Bragi

Perfection. And a class act too. Them eastern Europeans really impressed me in Athens. As did the Americans, male and female.

Old September 21st, 2004 #39
MOMUS

Well then, ouchie ouch, yer a badass lil gook, you are. Har har.

I'm not going to play ring around the semantic rosie with you lil feller, sorry. If Ego were here you two could share some skull charts, blood types, and such and bore the hell out of each other.
Some greeks were nordics, thus it is presumptuous and flatly wrong to say "greeks were never nordic."
Indeed, huh, jerk? If you want to think that you "kicked my ass" then pin a lil medal on yer lil chest and strut around the dorm for a bit.
We'll talk again the next time you let your alligator mouth over-ride your canary intellect and post something annoyingly post-sophomoric.

BTW, I never heard your views on the Joe Vials story about Mossad's role in the Russian school slaughter. Did you find it interesting? Are you allowed to discuss it?

Quote:
Indeed.

I didn't say all Greeks. I said "greeks". I'm not saying there weren't blonde hair blue eyed Greeks (and you know that), but what I am saying is that the old Greeks (such of those of the time of Homer and later) were overwhelmingly majority of the phenotype I described.

Greeks were never Nordic, in the population sense. Think big, man.

Jerk.

Old September 21st, 2004 #40
Racial Inquisitor

Quote:
OK, clearly neither of us was there and it's true that I generalize.
You can still formulate some general conclusions from what some of the old chroniclers say about Iberian Celts. There is no mention -that I can remember now- of them being a "ruling elite" of the Iberians, just another clan that inhabits parts of the Iberian peninsula.

Quote:
It is doubtful, though, that the invading celts only moved to locations in Iberia that weren't already occupied by the natives, so there was likely conflict, conquest and displacement as well as integration and absorption. In what measure neither you nor I know. We know that they are now called Celtiberians, so they were blending in historical time.
The Celts in Iberia are so old that Herodotus already mentions that their territories in the West limit those of the "Cynetes" beyond the "Pillars of Hercules"(Gibraltar.) As far as Herodotus was concerned, the Celts were just another clan whose territories extended well into the Iberian peninsula.

Regarding the term "Celtiberian", be careful how you interpret it. Some historians regard it as a "blending" of Celts and Iberians, but some of the ancient chroniclers(Pliny, for example) simply use the term in a geographic sense, as in "Celts from Iberia."

Quote:
Most contemporary accounts of Celts in Gaul speak of a ruling elite of strapping big blondes.
I notice that you put a bit too much emphasis on this "blonde" thing about the Celts. They were not a "homogeneous" race of Nordics, if that is what you are trying to imply. I think you know it is not as simple as that. The archaeological record shows that there were indeed several racial types among the "Celts"(dolichocephalics, mesocephalics, brachycephalics) who originated in Central Europe.

A couple of points you should also keep in mind besides the archaeological record:

1- Blondism and rufosity are not exclusive traits of Nordics. Baltids, Alpines, Borrebys, and even some Mediterraneans can show blondism and rufosity. So when you read that a particular person or group of "Celts" was "blond" do not immediately jump to conclusions that they were all "Nordics", unless there is more specific proof for that.

2- Modern genetics is throwing a lot of question marks into this whole "Celtic" thing. The most "puzzling" evidence is that so-called "Celtic" nations(Wales, Ireland, Cornwall, etc.) have more in common -genetically speaking- with the Iberian peninsula than anywhere else.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5955701/

Last edited by Racial Inquisitor; September 21st, 2004 at 02:18 AM.

Thread