Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 7th, 2014 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default #1 "Trojan Horse" thread - plot by Islamists to take over British schools

Quote:
An alleged plot to oust some Birmingham head teachers and make their schools adhere to more Islamic principles is being investigated, it has emerged.

A letter detailing the plan, known as "Operation Trojan Horse", claims responsibility for leadership changes at four schools.

These schools are Adderley Primary, Saltley School, Park View School and Regents Park Community Primary School.

Saltley's head teacher resigned last year after a critical Ofsted report.

Inspectors said there was a "dysfunctional" relationship between head teacher Balwant Bains and governors which was hindering the school.

“Start Quote

When the parents have been identified, we start to turn them against the head teacher and leadership team”

A line in the letter

The letter, which purports to outline "Operation Trojan Horse", has subsequently been sent to at least another 12 schools in the city - all believed to be vulnerable to takeover.

It states that parents could be encouraged to turn against the leadership team if they are told the school is "corrupting their children with sex education, teaching about homosexuals, making their children pray Christian prayers and [carrying out] mixed swimming and sport".

Among various claims in the letter is one that the group has "caused a great amount of organised disruption in Birmingham and as a result we have our own academies and are on the way to getting rid of more head teachers and taking over their schools".

The head teachers of the schools met Birmingham City Council on Thursday to discuss their concerns.

The letter, seen by the BBC, was apparently written by someone in Birmingham to a contact in Bradford, and goes on to outline ways and means by which schools can be taken over.

It says: "We have an obligation to our children to fulfil our roles and ensure these schools are run on Islamic principles."
Bradford targets

It is understood that would mean a greater emphasis on religious studies, as well as girls and boys being taught separately in some classes.

The letter implies these methods have already been put into action and urges the recipient to use Ofsted reports to identify schools in predominantly Muslim areas which are struggling.

Although the authorities have been aware of the alleged plot since November, the details have only become public now thanks to the letter which has been widely leaked.

We still don't know whether it's genuine or a fake, but that's one of the questions the city council is attempting to answer with its investigation.

It's clearly a sensitive subject and there will be great concerns about the effect on what the authorities euphemistically call "community cohesion".

Finding anyone who is directly involved and prepared to go on the record has also proved difficult.

No-one wants to be called an "Islamaphobe" or a racist, nor do they wish to be labelled a right wing conspiracy theorist.

There's also a sense of fear among potential whistleblowers that speaking publicly will mean an end to their careers.

It adds: ''Operation 'Trojan Horse' has been very carefully thought through and is tried and tested within Birmingham, implementing it in Bradford will not be difficult for you."

It says that Salafi parents should be enlisted to help, because they are regarded as a more orthodox branch of Islam and would be more likely to be willing to help.

It was sent to the city council in 2013 and has led to a number of investigations. Part of the inquiry will focus on whether the plot is genuine or fake.

A Birmingham City Council spokesperson confirmed the letters had been received and that an investigation was ongoing.
'Not police matter'

The Department for Education's (DfE) Extremist Unit is also involved and the West Midlands Police Counter-Terrorism Unit has also looked into the case after being handed the letter in December 2013.

Trojan Horse's Five Steps:

Identify 'target schools' based in Muslim areas.
Select a group of Salafi parents within the school community. The letter says they are "most committed to Islam" and "once charged up they keep going for longer".
Install a governor within the school to "drip feed" ideals for a Muslim school
Identify "weak and disgruntled staff" and encourage them to complain so an external investigation is launched
Instigate an anonymous letter campaign to local MPs, education authorities and others

Supt Sue Southern, head of the unit, said it was decided the allegations in the letter were "not a matter for the police".

The National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) said it had "received some anonymous letters in February which claimed that an extremist religious group was trying to engineer the sacking of head teachers who did not promote the group's ideals".

It said it was working with the police, the Department for Education and Birmingham City Council to investigate the claim.

Russell Hobby, NAHT general secretary, said the union took the allegations "extremely seriously".

Liam Byrne, Labour MP for Hodge Hill, said he had held urgent talks with Ofsted, City Council officials, the office of Michael Gove and DfE officials.

"These are deeply disturbing allegations, which is why Ofsted has been called in," he said.

"I have demanded that the second we have results from those inspections, both the city council and the Secretary of State take immediate action."
htt p://w ww.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26482599

bolding) I don't see anything wrong with not wanting those things in primary schools.

Old March 9th, 2014 #2
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Jihadist Plot Uncovered to Take Over Birminghams Schools Through Dirty Tricks Campaign

Jihadist Plot Uncovered to Take Over Birminghams Schools Through Dirty Tricks Campaign

DailyStormer.com

Birmingham Mail

March 9, 2014

Papers revealing an Islamist plot to take over Birmingham’s schools and turn them into jihad recruitment centres have been handed to Birmingham council.

An alleged plot by Islamic fundamentalists to take over Birmingham schools by ousting headteachers and staff through dirty tricks campaigns is being investigated by education chiefs.

The city council and the Birmingham Mail have received documents which purport to show Jihadists are targeting schools and orchestrating false allegations against staff, including non-Muslims, in an operation dubbed Trojan Horse.

Meanwhile, West Midlands Police have reopened a fraud investigation at one school named in the supposed leaked letter – and Ofsted is currently conducting a snap inspection at another.

The documents claim to be leaked written correspondence from one Birmingham fundamentalist to another in Bradford and details plans to roll out Trojan Horse to Bradford as well as Manchester.

The letter states some Birmingham headteachers have already been forced out and predicts others will follow.

Once ousted, the Muslim fundamentalist group allegedly tries to install its own supporters in key positions to encourage the school to educate children on strict Islamic principles, including the segregation of boys and girls in some lessons.

To achieve the aim some schools apply for Academy status, effectively taking them out of the control of the local education authority, and allowing them to be run on religious lines.

The alleged plot is said to involve recruiting Salafi parents and staff – hard-line followers of Islam – to help spread false allegations about school leaders, including claiming sex education is being promoted to Muslim schoolchildren or Christian prayers.

One passage in the documents states: “We have caused a great amount of organised disruption in Birmingham and as a result we now have our own Academies and are on our way to getting rid of more headteachers and taking over their schools.

“Whilst sometimes the practices we use may not seem the correct way to do things you must remember this is a ‘Jihad’ and as such all means possible to win the war is acceptable.’’

Some teachers have already been forced out and replaced and others were to follow according to the documents.

Birmingham City Council was sent the documents in December and has alerted West Midlands Police and the Department for Education.

This week Ofsted inspectors launched a surprise inspection at Park View Academy in Alum Rock , where it has previously been reported one staff member has complained non-Muslim employees are being discriminated against. It was also claimed the school was attempting to introduce Islamic studies to the curriculum.

Lindsey Clark, Park View’s executive head, reportedly said faith classes were being organised, but for after-school lessons. She said it was a ‘safeguarding issue’ for children allegedly being hit in local madrasahs.

Meanwhile, police have confirmed to the Birmingham Mail that a fraud investigation has been reopened at Adderley Primary School after the documents came to light. It is understood the investigation centres on allegations of ‘faked’ resignation letters.

Both schools were named in the documents, along with Saltley School.

The documents claim former Saltley headmaster Balwant Bains would ‘soon be sacked’. In fact, the much respected principal resigned last November after a damning Ofsted report criticised his “dysfunctional” relationship with governors.

An alleged plot to oust headteacher Tina Ireland at Regents Park Community School by ‘planting the seed’ of SATs cheating allegations is also detailed in the documents.

The long-serving and respected teacher and her deputy, Michelle McCusker, resigned in October after education chiefs scrapped the primary school’s SATs results following cheating allegations.

The papers appear to be genuine as the schools are listed as well as the scandals that were engineered to cause the teachers to have to resign or lose their jobs.

The Mail has spoken to education figures across Birmingham who have expressed concerns about disruption at a number of city schools with a high Muslim pupil population over the past two years.

Meanwhile, Peter Hay, Strategic Director for People at Birmingham City Council, alerted city councillors to the anonymous documents on February 10 and revealed some heads had also received them.

He told them: “Those head teachers who have seen these documents have found them disturbing and have passed them on to the local authority.

“The letter and documents currently reaching some head teachers are very similar to material received by senior officers and politicians in the council late last year.

“We take all such matters very seriously and promptly and properly considered the allegations with colleagues in West Midlands Police, Equalities, Birmingham audit and legal staff.

‘‘The city council is taking this matter very seriously and has already initiated an investigation by Birmingham Audit.

“I am sure you will understand that I am not in a position to share the details of that, but can reassure you that this matter is under review by senior councillors and officers.

“The council is deeply committed to its core purpose of fairness and democracy and will do everything it can to deliver a better city for all.

“Those who choose anonymity and fear as their methods should not be allowed to detract from their commitment.’’

West Midlands Police is being kept updated on the council inquiry.

Superintendent Sue Southern, the Head of Prevent & Protect West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit said: “In December 2013 Birmingham City Council brought the content of a letter they were investigating to the attention of West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit requesting we make an assessment of whether any criminal offences had been committed.

“The assessment at that time and remains the case today is that the allegations in the let

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/jihadist...icks-campaign/

Old April 7th, 2014 #3
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Muslim parents say school taken over by Islamic radicals is brainwashing children

via Muslim parent: Radical school is brainwashing our children

Children at one of the state schools taken over by hardline Muslims are being “programmed” and have been “drilled” by their teachers to lie to Ofsted inspectors investigating the plot, according to a parent.

Mohammed Zabar, the father of a 10-year-old girl attending Oldknow Academy in Birmingham, today becomes the first person to speak openly about events at his daughter’s school.

Mr Zabar, 44, decided to break his silence after The Sunday Telegraph described how teachers at the supposedly secular school led children in anti-Christian chanting, stopped them from celebrating Christmas, organised subsidised trips to Mecca and required all pupils to learn Arabic.

“Everything I read in your articles is true,” he said. “The last three or four months have been really difficult. My daughter’s education has been at the back of my mind the whole time.

“It is important for Muslim parents to say that what is happening is wrong, and to stand up against it. The culture I’ve been brought up with is that you mix with all races and communities and this will drive wedges between different communities.”

Mr Zabar spoke out as a former teacher at another school in the city targeted, Park View, told The Sunday Telegraph that he repeatedly witnessed the man who is now effectively Park View’s head giving “mind-blowing” anti-Western assemblies to pupils at the school.

Nigel Sloan, the former head of drama at Park View, said that Mohammed Hussain told pupils in assembly that the Americans were, among other things, “the evil in the world” and “the cause of all famine”.

Mr Sloan said: “I heard Mr Hussain say those words. It was always anti-American, anti-Western propaganda. Some of his assemblies were so anti-American in their content as to be mind-blowing.”

Mr Hussain, a maths teacher at the time, is now Park View’s principal, effectively its head teacher. His nominal superior, the school’s respected executive head, Lindsey Clark, has told Ofsted inspectors that she has been marginalised by Mr

Hussain and the hardline chairman of governors, Tahir Alam.

Serving staff at Park View have told The Sunday Telegraph and the BBC’s Today programme that a senior teacher there praised the al-Qaeda ideologue, Anwar al-Awlaki, at assemblies.

It can also be disclosed that the same senior teacher is a person of interest to West Midlands Police, which have arrested his brother and questioned him about the senior teacher’s comments.

Mr Sloan, now a department head at another school, said: “Park View thought I was too Westernised. I used to talk to the kids about motorbikes and rock music, so they tried to push me out. The kids would tell me that they were being warned against me in the local mosques.”

He said that one day he was approached by a female pupil out of the blue and asked whether she should wear the veil.

“I told her I thought that would be a shame, and then that was the sole basis for a trumped-up allegation of racism against me,” he said.

“I am 100 per cent sure it was a set-up and that she had been put up to it.

“I just felt that the situation at the school was untenable and I got another job before they could take it any further.”

Park View’s leadership and management have been rated “inadequate” by Ofsted in a report expected to be published soon.

Oldknow will be inspected this week as part of a widening investigation ordered by Michael Gove, the Education Secretary, into claims that Birmingham schools have been targeted by radical Muslims in an organised plot.

Mr Zabar said his daughter had been told by a teacher at the school to lie to the inspectors if they spoke to her.

“The teacher said all of the stories about the school were untrue and if anyone from Ofsted speaks to you, you have to tell them what we are telling you to say,” he said.

“Two weeks ago I asked my daughter about what was

happening with the head, and she recited, ‘Miss Kondal is off sick at the moment. Her sicknote ends at the end of March and then we will wait and see what happens.’

“Those were my daughter’s exact words. It’s not how a child would speak – it’s as if she’d been drilled in exactly what to say. I don’t send her to school to have the teacher brainwash or programme my child.”

Mr Zabar said his daughter, who does not wear a headscarf, “comes back from school saying she’s been told her hair is un-Islamic, or that trousers are not Islamic”.

He added: “We as parents are on the ball, we are looking out for the signs [of radicalisation] and we are trying to counter them, but it’s almost like the poor girl is stuck in the middle between us and the school.

“We’ve tried to protect her as much as possible from it but it’s not fair to her.”

Mr Zabar said the claims of “racism” and “Islamophobia” made by Oldknow and Park View against their critics were “insulting”.

He said: “The charge of Islamophobia is sometimes bandied around to deter people from approaching this issue. But there are many Muslim parents raising concerns and this is not about religion.

“It is about our children receiving a balanced all-round education and giving them what they need to live in British society today.

“If you want to have a religious education, the schools are there. But I chose to send my child to a non-religious school and by changing it they are denying me that choice. They think that in this society children are corrupt and have been misled. They think they have the duty to substitute their judgment for my duty as a parent.”

Mr Zabar tried to raise his concerns in a meeting with Mr Akbar before Christmas, but said the then deputy head “shouted me down and wouldn’t give me the chance to speak. He was rude, obnoxious and abusive and in the end I walked out”.

Continue reading at the Telegraph.

read full article at source: https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com...hing-children/

Old April 7th, 2014 #4
Bev
drinking tea

Ah, right. So it's not all muslim parents that support this islamic radicalisation then? Mr Zabar has had concerns about his daughter's education for several months but never bothered saying or doing anything about it until the news broke? He even states that his daughter told him she had been instructed to lie to Ofsted inspectors and that didn't make him run to the paper or the phone book for the next school along? I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zabar
“It is important for Muslim parents to say that what is happening is wrong, and to stand up against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zabar
They think they have the duty to substitute their judgment for my duty as a parent.”
Hmm. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Old April 17th, 2014 #5
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Investigation of Muslim takeover expands to 25 schools

via Birmingham probes Muslim takeover of schools ‘plot’ – Yahoo News.

London (AFP) – Birmingham launched a probe Monday into an alleged hardline Muslim plot to take control of schools.

The city council said it had appointed a chief adviser to examine at least 200 complaints as the investigation widened to 25 schools from an initial four.

Concerns about how some of the 430 schools in the city were being run first emerged last year in a leaked anonymous letter which outlined how to implement what it called Operation Trojan Horse.

The letter, which credited the alleged plot with forcing a change of leadership at four schools, gave instructions on ousting and replacing uncooperative headteachers and school governors.

“We have an obligation to our children to fulfil our roles and ensure these schools are run on Islamic principles,” the letter says.

“We… are on our way to getting rid of more headteachers and taking over their schools.”

The letter continued: “You must remember this is a ‘jihad’ and as such all means possible to win the war is acceptable.”

Birmingham has a large Muslim population. Some 22 percent of the city’s residents identified themselves as such in the 2011 census.

Since the letter emerged, whistleblowers including former staff have come forward, making claims that boys and girls were segregated in classrooms and assemblies, sex education was banned and non-Muslim staff were bullied.

In one case, it was alleged that the teachings of the firebrand Al-Qaeda-linked Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki — who was killed by a US drone strike in Yemen in 2011 — were praised in an assembly.

- Self-governing academies -

“As more schools have come forward than the ones named in the Trojan Horse document, issues have arisen about behaviour in schools, the way in which schools are run,” city council leader Albert Bore told BBC television.

“It is about, generally speaking, the behaviour of the schools, what happens within the schools, the school day, the school assembly, the way in which children in schools are organised.”

The allegations focus on a category of schools known as academies. Established from 2000 onwards, they are state-funded but are self-governing and independent of local authority control.

Bore said it was “part of the frustration” that the city council had no remit in the schools, which answer to the national Department for Education.

“We do not know who’s on the governing body (of the schools),” he said.

Education Secretary Michael Gove has sent inspectors to 15 Birmingham schools in recent weeks.

On a visit to Birmingham earlier this month, Prime Minister David Cameron spoke about the issue, saying: “We will not accept any school begin run by extremists or promoting extremist views.”

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said Monday that schools should not be allowed to become “silos of segregation”.

“I am very concerned whenever I hear allegations that schools, funded by the taxpayer, become vehicles for the propagation of particular ideologies which divide young children and pupils off from other people in society,” he said.

“The Department for Education is taking this very seriously.”

Anonymous whistleblowers, including former teachers, have also come forward since the Trojan horse claims were reported, making accusations about the segregation of boys and girls in classes and assemblies, a ban on sex education, and bullying of non-Muslim staff. One school involved in the investigation denied claims that an al-Qaeda-linked cleric had been praised during an assembly.

read full article at source: http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/...to-25-schools/

Old April 19th, 2014 #6
john-connor
Banned

Default State schools isolate non-Muslims Schools in Birmingham discrimate against non-Muslim students and restrict GCSE teaching to fit in with Islamic beliefs, according to official repo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...n-Muslims.html Schools in Birmingham are illegally segregating pupils, discriminating against non-Muslim students and restricting the GCSE syllabus to “comply with conservative Islamic teaching”, an official report leaked to The Telegraph discloses.

Department for Education inspectors said that girls in a school at the centre of the so-called “Trojan Horse” plot were forced to sit at the back of the class, some Christian pupils were left to “teach themselves” and an extremist preacher was invited to speak to children.

The report, into three schools in the city, follows weeks of controversy over the alleged plot to “Islamise” secular schools in Birmingham and will lead to calls for intervention. The report focuses on Park View School and its sister schools, Golden Hillock and Nansen, the only primary of the three. Inspectors found that Park View practised forced and discriminatory sex segregation and has “restricted” GCSE subjects “to comply with conservative Islamic teaching”.

Core elements of the GCSE syllabus were missed out as “un-Islamic” and an extremist preacher with known al-Qaeda sympathies and anti-Semitic views was invited to speak with children. At Golden Hillock, there was discrimination against non-Muslims, the report found. Its handful of Christian students “have to teach themselves” in one GCSE subject after the teacher “concentrated on the students who were doing the Islamic course”.

At Nansen, Year 6 children, aged 10 and 11, received no teaching at all in the arts, humanities or music.
Related Articles

Muslim parent: Radical school is brainwashing our children
05 Apr 2014

Row as Gove 'fuels' Muslim schools plot claims with anti-terror chief role
15 Apr 2014

Government intervenes at school 'taken over’ by Muslim radicals
22 Mar 2014

‘The best thing I’ve ever done’: study with BPP BPP

The document, classified “official-sensitive”, describes the results of inspections of the schools last month by officials from the DfE. All three are supposedly non-faith schools run by the Park View Educational Trust.

Allegations that radical Muslims were seeking to “Islamise” secular schools in Birmingham first emerged publicly last month in a leaked letter, describing an operation purportedly named “Trojan Horse”.

The letter supposedly described how activists could stir up Muslim parents to oust secular headteachers. Park View and its chairman of governors, Tahir Alam, were named in the letter as being at the centre of the plot. Mr Alam and the school have furiously denied the claims as “fictitious”, “Islamophobic” and a “witch-hunt”.

However, the leaked report substantiates many of the claims made against the school. It accuses Park View of 20 separate breaches of the law, the schools’ funding agreement with the DfE, and the Academy Schools Handbook.

The inspectors found that, contrary to its denials, Park View did practise forced and discriminatory gender segregation, with “boys sitting towards the front of the class and girls at the back or around the sides”.

The school has always claimed that any separation of the sexes was voluntary. However, the report says: “Students told us they were required to sit in the places which they were given by teachers.” This constituted “non-compliance with the Equality Act” and potentially “less favourable treatment for girls”. There was entirely separated teaching, in separate rooms, for some subjects, the report says.

The small number of Christian or non-Muslim pupils also suffered discrimination, the report says.

At Golden Hillock, five Christian students in Year 11 “have to teach themselves” in one GCSE subject, religious education, because the teacher gave all his or her time “to the students who are doing the Islamic course”.

Sheikh Shady al-Suleiman, an extremist preacher who “is known to extol... the stoning of homosexuals, anti-Semitic views [and is] sympathetic to al-Qaeda”, was invited to address students at Park View, the inspectors found.

The core curriculum at the two secondary schools had been Islamised, with GCSE subjects “restricted to comply with conservative Islamic teaching”.

Children told the inspectors that in biology the teacher “briefly delivered the theory of evolution to comply with the syllabus”, but told students that “this is not what we believe”.

In biology, the inspectors also found that “topics such as body structure and the menstrual cycle were not covered in class, though pupils needed them for the GCSE exam . . . students told us that as Muslims they were not allowed to study matters such as reproduction with the opposite sex”. At Park View, a “madrassah curriculum” was followed in personal, health and social education, the report said.

Though all the schools are supposed to be secular, the inspectors said they were not sufficiently welcoming to those of other faiths or no faith, with students at Park View encouraged to “begin and end each lesson with a prayer” and loudspeakers used to “broadcast the call for prayer across the school”.

The report added that the respected non-Muslim headteacher was marginalised, and female staff at one of the schools were treated in a “rude and dismissive” way.

Teaching standards and children’s safety were placed at risk after the schools’ management recruited close relatives, without adequate teaching experience or proper background checks, to key leadership posts.

At Golden Hillock, any discussion of sexual orientation or intimacy was banned, affecting “the broad and balanced teaching of many subjects, including art and English literature”, the inspectors found.

At Nansen, there were “no lessons in the humanities, arts or music” for one entire year, Year 6, and only “limited” teaching in Year 5. Arabic, however, was compulsory for all students — almost unheard of at a primary school.

Female staff at the schools were discriminated against, the report says. “One of the senior leaders [at Nansen] interviewed reported that she had never met a governor or been invited to a governing body meeting, although the male senior leader with similar responsibilities was invited to every meeting”.

At Golden Hillock, three members of staff told inspectors that governors were “rude to women and dismissive of their input” and that some governors “will not shake the hands of female senior leaders”.

The report makes clear that Park View’s most senior female leader, the non-Muslim executive headteacher, Lindsey Clark, had been reduced to a figurehead, marginalised to the extent that she “was unaware of the names of some of the more recent appointments to the senior leadership team” at her own school. Last week, Mrs Clark retired.

All three schools were in reality run by Mr Alam, who had an “inappropriate day-to-day role in the running of the schools” and who received undeclared four-figure payments from them as a “consultant”, the report states.

At Nansen the deputy headteacher, Razwan Faraz, “was appointed deputy only three years after [achieving] qualified teacher status”, the report says. No references from outside the schools were taken up for him.

As The Telegraph revealed last month, Mr Faraz, the brother of a convicted terrorist, is the administrator of a group of teachers, governors and school consultants called Educational Activists which pursues what he calls an “Islamising agenda” in Birmingham schools.

Mr Alam, a leading activist in the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), has a number of hardline views. In evidence for the MCB to the UN’s high commissioner for human rights in 2008, he said he would “caution against advocating that desegregation [in schools] should be actively pursued” and stressed the “obligatory nature” of the hijab for Muslim women and girls.

The disclosures came as Tristram Hunt, the shadow education secretary, prepared to make a strong attack on “divisive” attempts to impose religious values on secular schools.

Speaking at the NASUWT union conference in Birmingham, he was due to say: “We cannot have narrow, religious motives which seek to divide and isolate dictating state schooling. We cannot have headteachers forced out, teachers undermined, curricula rewritten and cultural or gender-based segregation.

“Indeed, it is more important than ever in a modern, multi-cultural city like this one that schooling serves to unite, not fracture communities.”

A spokesman for Park View Educational Trust said: “This is a confidential draft report which the trust is entitled to respond to within a given timescale and it should not have been made public. We are extremely disappointed that our entitlement to confidentiality has been breached and we will not comment any further.”

Old April 19th, 2014 #7
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post UK Schools taken over by Islamic extremists.

State Schools in Birmingham are illegally segregating pupils by gender, discriminating against non-Muslim students and restricting the GCSE syllabus to “comply with Islamic teaching”, an official report leaked to The Telegraph states.

Department for Education inspectors said that girls in a school at the centre of whats been referred to as a “Trojan Horse” plot were made to sit at the back of the class, some Christian pupils were left to “teach themselves” and an extremist Islamic preacher was invited to speak to children.

Core elements of the GCSE syllabus were not taught because they were “un-Islamic” and an extremist preacher with known al-Qaeda sympathies views was invited to speak with children. At Golden Hillock, there was discrimination against non-Muslims, the report found. Its handful of Christian students “have to teach themselves” in one GCSE subject after the teacher “concentrated on the students who were doing the Islamic course”.

The document, classified as “official-sensitive”, describes the results of inspections of the schools last month by officials from the DfE. All three are supposedly non-faith schools run by the Park View Educational Trust.

Allegations that Muslims were seeking to “Islamise” secular schools in Birmingham first emerged publicly last month in a leaked letter, describing an operation purportedly named “Trojan Horse”.

The inspectors found that, contrary to its denials, Park View did practise forced and discriminatory gender segregation, with “boys sitting towards the front of the class and girls at the back or around the sides”.

The school lied claiming that any separation of the sexes was voluntary. However, the report says: “Students told us they were required to sit in the places which they were given by teachers.” This constituted “non-compliance with the Equality Act” and potentially “less favourable treatment for girls”.

The small number of Christian or non-Muslim pupils also suffered discrimination, the report says.

At Golden Hillock, five Christian students in Year 11 “have to teach themselves” in one GCSE subject, religious education, because the teacher gave all his or her time “to the students who are doing the Islamic course”.

Sheikh Shady al-Suleiman, an Isamic preacher who “is known to advocate… the stoning of homosexuals, And is sympathetic to al-Qaeda”, was invited to address students at Park View, the inspectors found.

The core curriculum at the two secondary schools had been Islamised, with GCSE subjects “restricted to comply with Islamic teaching”.

Children told the inspectors that in biology the teacher “briefly delivered the theory of evolution to comply with the syllabus”, but told students that “this is not what we believe”.

Though all the schools are supposed to be secular, the inspectors said they were not sufficiently welcoming to those of other faiths or no faith, with students at Park View encouraged to “begin and end each lesson with a prayer” and loudspeakers used to “broadcast the call for prayer across the school”.

The report added that the respected non-Muslim headteacher was marginalised, and female staff at one of the schools were treated in a “rude and dismissive” way.

Teaching standards and children’s safety were placed at risk after the schools’ management recruited close relatives, without adequate teaching experience or proper background checks, to key leadership posts. Arabic was compulsory for all students — almost unheard of at a primary school.

Female staff at the schools were discriminated against, the report says. “One of the senior leaders [at Nansen] interviewed reported that she had never met a governor or been invited to a governing body meeting, although the male senior leader with similar responsibilities was invited to every meeting”.

At Golden Hillock, three members of staff told inspectors that governors were “rude to women and dismissive of their input” and that some governors “will not shake the hands of female senior leaders”.

The report makes clear that Park View’s most senior female leader, the non-Muslim executive headteacher, Lindsey Clark, had been reduced to a figurehead, marginalised to the extent that she “was unaware of the names of some of the more recent appointments to the senior leadership team” at her own school. Last week, Mrs Clark retired.

All three schools were in reality run by Mr Alam, who had an “inappropriate day-to-day role in the running of the schools” and who received undeclared four-figure payments from them as a “consultant”, the report states.

At Nansen the deputy headteacher, Razwan Faraz, “was appointed deputy only three years after [achieving] qualified teacher status”, the report says. No references from outside the schools were taken up for him.

As The Telegraph revealed last month, Mr Faraz, the brother of a convicted terrorist, is the administrator of a group of teachers, governors and school consultants called Educational Activists which pursues what he calls an “Islamising agenda” in Birmingham schools.

A spokesman for Park View Educational Trust said: “This is a confidential draft report which the trust is entitled to respond to within a given timescale and it should not have been made public. We are extremely disappointed that our entitlement to confidentiality has been breached and we will not comment any further.”

read full article at source: http://www.europeandailynews.org/201...ic-extremists/

Old April 20th, 2014 #8
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
sex segregation...

preacher with anti-Semitic views...

no teaching at all in the humanities...

forced and discriminatory gender segregation...

stoning of homosexuals, anti-Semitic views...

briefly delivered the theory of evolution...

topics such as the menstrual cycle were not covered in class...

not allowed to study matters such as reproduction with the opposite sex...

female staff at one of the schools were treated in a “rude and dismissive” way...

any discussion of sexual orientation or intimacy was banned...

no lessons in the humanities...

The disclosures came as Tristram Hunt, the shadow education secretary, prepared to make a strong attack on “divisive” attempts to impose religious values on secular schools.

Speaking at the NASUWT union conference in Birmingham, he was due to say: “We cannot have narrow, religious motives which seek to divide and isolate dictating state schooling. We cannot have headteachers forced out, teachers undermined, curricula rewritten and cultural or gender-based segregation.

“Indeed, it is more important than ever in a modern, multi-cultural city like this one that schooling serves to unite, not fracture communities.”
No visit to the holohoax museum...

The organisation who brought the muslims into "your" countries now wants you to rage against the non-teaching of cultural Marxist values. And so you will.

Last edited by Dawn Cannon; April 20th, 2014 at 07:46 AM.

Old April 20th, 2014 #9
Bev
drinking tea

I remember seeing - a couple of years ago - a programme on "islamic extremism" and when they moved on to "extremism" in the young, their definition of "extremism" was that muslim teens weren't allowed to doss around on street corners or listen to their music whilst there was homework to be done. I remember thinking that this was good parenting, not islamic extremism. Most kids - not just muslim kids - would bitch about having to do school work before being allowed to go and do what they want to do.

There seems to be a trend towards calling anything they don't like "extremism" and most of it isn't - it's their culture. Who are we to criticise their culture, anyway?

Old April 20th, 2014 #10
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
A Muslim hardliner who says adulterers should be stoned to death and that gay men and fornicators should be lashed 100 times has set up an Islamic school that has received almost £1million of taxpayers’ money.

Ibrahim Hewitt, one of Britain’s most prominent Islamic firebrands – who also heads a charity branded a ‘terrorist’ organisation by the US – is the founder and chairman of trustees of the Al-Aqsa school in Leicester, which teaches 250 boys and girls aged between three and 11.

He has vilified homosexuals as paedophiles and said a man can take on a second wife if his first fails to satisfy him sexually. Mr Hewitt has published his views in a book on Islam, which he claims has sold more than 50,000 copies in Britain.

The preacher is the founder of another controversial organisation called the Association of Muslim Schools (AMS), whose leader has been accused of orchestrating a plot in Birmingham called ‘Operation Trojan Horse’ in which Islamic extremists have allegedly taken over 25 state schools in the city.

Last night it was reported that six Birmingham, schools implicated in the plot will be placed in ‘special measures’ by inspectors, meaning their leadership team could be removed. Ofsted is also said to be taking action at a further nine schools where the attempted takeover is less advanced.

That news came as campaigners called for an investigation by the Department for Education (DfE) to be expanded to Mr Hewitt and his Leicester school.

Douglas Murray, of anti-extremist think-tank the Henry Jackson Society, said: ‘I would like to see the investigation widened to other cities as well as Birmingham, and maybe look at private schools in case the welfare of children is at risk.

‘There should be an investigation into Al-Aqsa to see what children are being taught.’

Mr Hewitt, 57, established the private school in 1998. He runs it with his wife Adeba, 53. The school practises segregated seating for boys and girls from aged seven and does not allow music or dance lessons as they are deemed un-Islamic. Female teachers teach with their faces covered with a veil, according to images on the school’s website.

The school, which charges fees of up to £1,800 per year, has received £747,360 from the Local Education Authority in Leicester as an early years grant for teaching three to five-year-olds since 2007.

The preacher is the author of a book called What Does Islam Say?, which spells out his vision of ‘true Islam’. In it he advocates the killing of adulterers by stoning. The book says: ‘Any act that destabilises marriage will also destabilise society. Hence the Islamic punishments for such acts are severe… Married men and women found guilty of adultery are to be stoned to death.’

The book also advocates 100 lashes for fornication and sodomy with both men and women, and condemns homosexuality as a ‘grave sin’.

Mr Hewitt says in the book: ‘Islam, like most other major faiths of the world, categorically forbids homosexual practices (sexual relations between two men or between two women), regarding them as a great sin. In a society under Islamic law, such would be severely punished.’

He then compares homosexuals to paedophiles or those who commit incest. The book says: ‘If people have such desires [homosexuality], they should keep them to themselves, and control their desires to avoid forbidden practices.

‘The advice would be the same as, say, to someone who had sexual desires for minors or for close family: that having the desires does not legitimise realising them.’

The book also argues that men and women are not equal, and men have a right to assume leadership over women. ‘Islam recognises the leadership of men over women, but it does not recognise the domination of one over the other.’

He adds: ‘If a woman is unable to satisfy the sexual or other needs of her husband he may consider taking another wife, rather than the common Western practice of secretly taking a mistress.’

Mr Hewitt has in the past said that ‘political Zionism is a threat to world peace’ and has objected to the setting up of Holocaust Memorial Day.

He is also the chairman of a charity called Interpal, which the US Treasury has designated a ‘global terrorist entity’ due to accusations it has raised money for the Palestinian terror group Hamas. However, a report by the UK Charity Commission last year found no evidence that it had done so.

When The Mail on Sunday contacted Mr Hewitt, he said he still ‘endorses’ what he wrote in the book. ‘Islamic law states that homosexuals should be lashed and adulterers should be stoned. I believe that is correct if it is an Islamic state. I am a Muslim and if I lived in an Islamic state then I would live by what I wrote in my book. But I am in this country and follow its law,’ he said.

Education Secretary Michael Gove has appointed the Met’s former counter-terrorism chief, Peter Clarke, to head an investigation into the alleged Trojan Horse plot.

Council probes 'music is evil' school posters

By BEN ELLERY

A state-funded Islamic school was at the centre of controversy last night over claims that a poster banning listening to music appeared on its official noticeboard.

The poster, alleged to have been put up at the Madani Schools Federation in Leicester, warned that pupils ‘must stay away from evil acts such as music and encourage others to do the same too’.

A photo of the poster, which is claimed to have been taken by a concerned supply teacher inside the school, has appeared on Facebook.

The poster’s text quoted an apparent saying of the Prophet Mohammed, which said: ‘Music sows hypocrisy in the heart like water causes seeds to grow in soil.’ It also warned: ‘Music is a tool of Shaytan [Satan]’, adding: ‘The messages of today’s music follow a general theme of love, drugs and freedom.’

Leicester assistant mayor Vi Dempster said: ‘Council officers will be visiting the school after Easter to discuss the issue with the headteacher and governors.’

Madani, a faith academy once accused of flouting the Equalities Act by insisting boys and girls were segregated and taught by a member of the same sex, has received £18 million of state funding. Its chairman of governors, Hussein Suleman, said: ‘This poster has not existed in our premises. I don’t know who dreamt this hoax up.’

Inayat Bunglawala of Muslims4UK, a group set up to promote Muslim engagement with British society, said music prohibitions in the Islamic faith related to some disputed sayings attributed to Prophet Mohammed after his death, adding: ‘It would be bizarre if a state-funded school would not give music its due importance in the curriculum.’

The supply teacher said to have taken the photo declined to comment.

htt p://ww w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608662/Private-school-chief-linked-Islam-Trojan-Horse-plot-says-Stone-adulterers-death.html

Old April 27th, 2014 #11
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post UK Guide to school Islamisation, by "ringleader" of Trojan Horse plot

by: Andrew Gilligan

School governor who is alleged ringleader of the Trojan Horse plot in Birmingham wrote 72-page document on manipulating teachers and curriculum

The alleged ringleader of the Trojan Horse plot wrote a detailed blueprint for the radical “Islamisation” of secular state schools which closely resembles what appears to be happening in Birmingham.

Tahir Alam, chairman of governors at Park View school in the city, called for “girls [to] be covered except for their hands and faces”, advocated gender segregation in some school activities, and attacked a “multicultural approach” to collective worship.

He described how state schools must be changed to “take account of Muslim sensitivities and sensibilities with respect to sexual morality” with “girlfriend/boyfriend as well as homosexual relationships” treated as “not acceptable practices according to Islamic teachings”.

The disclosure comes as teachers at Park View said a boy and a girl in their GCSE year have been suspended after being spotted holding hands, only weeks before they were due to take their exams. “They have done this to quite a few students in Year 11,” said one member of staff. “That they should continue with it, even with all the scrutiny we are under, just beggars belief.”

It can also be disclosed that as recently as this month, one part of the Department for Education was proposing to give Mr Alam’s Park View Education Trust another Birmingham school to run – even as another part of the department was mounting emergency inspections of the three it runs already.

A spreadsheet, dated April 2014, on the DfE website says Park View has received “ministerial approval in principle” to take over al-Furqan, a failing faith primary school in Tyseley, converting it into an academy with a “proposed opening date” of June 1. A DfE spokesman said that the deal had now been cancelled.

The so-called Trojan Horse plot involves the alleged takeover of secular state schools and the removal of secular head teachers in Birmingham by radical Muslim staff and governors. Five non-Muslim heads have left their posts in a tiny area of the city over the past six months. Twenty-five Birmingham schools are being investigated by the council and 18 have already been inspected by Ofsted of which at least six, including Park View, will be rated “inadequate” for leadership and management.

A separate inspection report by the DfE, leaked to The Telegraph, found that girls at Park View were made to sit at the back of the class, GCSE syllabuses were “restricted to comply with a conservative Islamic teaching” and an extremist preacher was invited to speak to children.

In his 72-page document, published by the Muslim Council of Britain in 2007, Mr Alam and his co-author, Muhammad Abdul Bari, attacked many state schools for not being “receptive of legitimate and reas-onable requests made by Muslim parents and pupils in relation to their faith-based aspirations and concerns.”

They described how Muslim governors could be activated to press the “views and aspirations of Muslim parents and the local community” on reluctant schools.

Among the “aspirations and concerns” for schools were that they should not teach “potentially harmful forms of music” which “promote immoral behaviour” or include “unethical and un-Islamic lyrics”.

Schools should also avoid teaching any art involving “three-dimensional imagery of humans”, the document says, and should ban any play that involves “physical contact between males and females”, “girls dressing as boys or vice versa” or any play “associated with celebrating aspects of other religions”.

Mr Alam’s document says that aspects of the National Curriculum, such as dance, should be ignored as “not consistent with the Islamic requirements for modesty”. It adds that “dance performances before a mixed-gender audience may be objectionable”.

Schools should “try to avoid scheduling swimming lessons during Ramadan”, the document says, to avoid Muslim pupils accidentally swallowing water and breaking their fast. “School balls, discos and fashion shows that might inadvertently exclude pupils from the Islamic faith background” should be avoided, it adds.

Khalid Mahmood, the Labour MP for Birmingham Perry Barr, said: “Mr Alam … has been planning this for 15 years. He goes around making these schools religious by manipulating governors, and bringing in certain teachers. He was able to hone the [tactics] in Birmingham that he drafted in this report.”

Further evidence has emerged of radicalisation at Park View. Speaking to The Telegraph, a former member of staff said that a “member of staff” at the school last year put up posters in the corridors with the message: “If you do not pray, you are worse than a kafir” an insulting term for non-Muslims. “Those were the exact words”, the former staff member said. “Many staff, including some of the Muslim staff, complained and the posters were taken down.”

Echoing the findings of the DfE inspectors, the former member of staff said that “several girls complained to me about gender segregation. The girls are not treated as equals by the school. Many of the male Muslim staff direct questions mainly to the boys and the girls are left out. The female staff have also been sidelined for years.”

One teacher handed out a worksheet stating that women “must obey their husbands,” and told Year 10 boys that wives were not allowed to refuse their husbands sex, the former staff member said. Park View insisted last night that the boys had “misunderstood” what the teacher was trying to tell them, and had subsequently been told in a special assembly that sex without informed consent was rape.

The teacher concerned, Maz Hussain, is the brother of the headmaster, Mozz Hussain, and was later promoted to head of science at Park View’s sister school, Golden Hillock.

In the leaked DfE inspectors’ report, Maz Hussain’s experience was described as “not commensurate with his responsibility”. His teaching was “rated as inadequ

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...orse-plot.html

Old May 4th, 2014 #12
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Head teachers raise "serious concerns" over Islamic school take-over

by: Graeme Paton

Concern of 'Trojan Horse' plot spreads to three more state primaries as head teachers' leaders voice concerns for the first time over the Islamic infiltration at schools in Birmingham

Schools across Britain are likely to have been targeted in an alleged Islamist plot to take over classrooms, head teachers have warned.

The National Association of Head Teachers said it had found “concerted efforts” to infiltrate at least six schools in Birmingham.

But the union also said that the scandal had “connections” to other large cities.

The Telegraph understands that there are growing concerns about the possible infiltration of schools in Bradford, Manchester and parts of east London.

The acknowledgement from the professional body follows a series of exposés by The Telegraph which disclosed how a “Trojan Horse” plot in Birmingham had put schools under pressure illegally to segregate classrooms and change teaching to reflect radical Islamic beliefs.

On Friday, Ofsted confirmed that its investigation had spread from 18 to 21 schools in the city. The three additional schools are primaries.

In a statement, the head teachers’ association said attempts had been made to “alter their character in line with the Islamic faith”, including sidelining parts of the curriculum and attempting to influence the appointment of Muslim staff.

Russell Hobby, its general secretary, warned that the action was unlikely to be “limited to Birmingham”, adding: “I think it is connected into the large cities around the country.”

It is the first time a major teachers’ organisation has confirmed that such concerns exist. The plot involves the alleged takeover of secular state schools and the removal of secular head teachers by radical Muslim staff and governors.

Five non-Muslim heads have left their posts in a tiny area of the city over the past six months. Michael Gove, the Education Secretary, has ordered an inquiry into Birmingham schools.

An inspection report by the Department for Education, leaked to The Telegraph, found that girls at Park View school were made to sit at the back of the class, GCSE syllabuses were “restricted to comply with a conservative Islamic teaching” and an extremist preacher was invited to speak to children.

Last week it emerged that Tahir Alam, the alleged ringleader of the plot and chairman of governors at Park View, wrote a detailed blueprint for the “Islamisation” of state schools in 2007.

Speaking at the NAHT annual conference in Birmingham on Friday, Mr Hobby said that there was no “cause for panic” and insisted few conclusions could be drawn until the completion of separate inquiries by Ofsted, the Department for Education, Birmingham council and West Midland Police.

Addressing a press briefing, Mr Hobby said the union had been supporting about 30 members in the city in around a dozen schools.

He said there were “serious concerns in half that”, confirming that the six schools involved are among those being investigated by Ofsted.

Areas of “collective concern” included “pressure” on heads to adopt “certain philosophies and approaches” and over the appointment of teachers, he said.

In a few cases, schools risked “eroding the basic entitlement of children to a rounded education”, he added.

Mr Hobby will cover the issue in a keynote speech to the conference on Saturday.

He will say: “Schools should not be places for indoctrination in any creed or ideology, political or religious.”

In a statement, Ofsted said Sir Michael Wilshaw, the chief inspector, had visited Birmingham last week to help lead the inquiry and that Ofsted had inspected additional primary schools this week.

read full article at source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...take-over.html

Old May 5th, 2014 #13
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Second City Fights New Trojan Horse Islamic Schools Plot

DailyStormer.com

Teachers in Bradford are fighting to prevent a takeover of Muslim-majority state schools by a group closely linked to the alleged “Trojan Horse” plotters in Birmingham.

Two successful head teachers in the Yorkshire city have left their jobs and a third has been subject to “constant” criticism by governors trying to “drive her out”, staff at the schools concerned said.

One of the departed heads said she had been the victim of an “attempted coup” by “dementors [evil characters]” and people “working against me, overtly and covertly”.

The entire governing body at another Bradford secondary school has been sacked by the local council as it attempts to tackle the problem.

Senior Department for Education sources said that coordinated attempts to undermine secular heads had occurred or were suspected in at least five places across the UK – Birmingham, Bradford, Manchester, and the London boroughs of Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets.

The disclosure follows a statement by Russell Hobby, leader of the NAHT head teachers’ union, that the plot was unlikely to be “limited to Birmingham”, but was “connected into the large cities around the country”.

In video footage seen by the Telegraph, the man accused of being at the centre of the Bradford plot, Faisal Khan, describes how he and his colleagues have worked for a “number of years” to “change the head teacher” at schools in the city, adding: “We have to do that for every single school… we have to be there, on governing bodies, because that’s what it’s all about… It’s time we took these schools back.” Mr Khan, a councillor formerly for George Galloway’s Respect party, now sitting as an independent, insisted last night that his sole motive in removing head teachers was driving up standards and said he had no wish to “Islamise” schools.

However, his group, the Bradford Muslim Education Forum (BMEF), has close links to the alleged “Trojan Horse” plotters who have worked to impose conservative Islamic practices on schools in Birmingham. The BMEF holds regular and numerous events in Bradford featuring Tahir Alam, the alleged ringleader of the Birmingham plot and chairman of governors at Park View, the Birmingham school at the centre of the “Trojan Horse” allegations.

Mr Alam’s mobile phone number was given as a contact for the BMEF at one of the meetings, a protest against sex education in schools. Another was jointly organised with the al-Hijrah Training Academy, a Birmingham-based group run by Mr Alam to “empower the community to ensure our needs are met” and “get more Muslims involved so that they can influence the education of their children”.

Other regular speakers at BMEF events in Bradford are Razwan Faraz, deputy head of Nansen, another of the Birmingham schools allegedly taken over, Shahid Akmal, chairman of governors at Nansen, and Achmad da Costa, chairman of governors at Oldknow, a third Birmingham school allegedly taken over. Also speaking at one event was Alyas Karmani, director of the Street project, a group that had its government grant cancelled for its links with Salafi extremism.

Park View, Nansen and Oldknow are highly likely to be placed in special measures by Ofsted, with their governors and leadership removed, after inspectors found evidence that they had been heavily “Islamised”, with girls made to sit at the back of the class, sex education curtailed, GCSE syllabuses “restricted in line with a conservative Islamic teaching” and an extremist preacher invited to address pupils at assembly.

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/uk-secon...-schools-plot/

Old May 5th, 2014 #14
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Headteachers are warning that schools across Britain have been targeted in an alleged Islamist plot to take over classrooms.

The National Association of Head Teachers said it had ‘serious concerns’ about attempts to ‘alter the character’ of at least six schools.

It also warned that efforts to infiltrate classrooms were not limited to Birmingham and were likely to be affecting other major towns and cities.

The union said ‘concerted efforts’ had been made to infiltrate state schools and run them according to strict Islamic principles.

While the body did not name the additional areas affected, there are concerns over schools in Bradford, Manchester and parts of East London, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Russell Hobby, NAHT general secretary, said some teachers were being appointed because of their Muslim faith rather than their skills.
htt p://ww w.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619282/Teachers-gagged-Islamist-plot-schools-Dozens-pushed-alleged-religious-takeover.html

Old May 14th, 2014 #15
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Pupils shouldn't swim during Ramadan because swallowing pool water 'would break the fast' claims chair of governors at school accused of teaching Islamic extremism in Trojan Horse scandal

Quote:
  • Tahir Alam is suspected ring leader of plot at Park View School, Birmingham
  • Says Muslim women and girls should be covered except for face and hands
  • Claims he does not force pupils to wear headscarves or pray
  • Denied allegations he is promoting extremism or anti-American propaganda
  • Scandal at Birmingham schools 'blown out of proportion', he says
  • Has received draft report from Ofsted following investigation into school

Old May 25th, 2014 #16
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
London: A government investigation into an alleged plot by Islamist extremists to take control of the curriculum of schools in Birmingham, Britain's second largest city, has been expanded to include financial mismanagement.

The investigation by the UK's Department for Education (DfE) had tasked Peter Clarke, a former head of counter-terrorism at Scotland Yard who was chosen to lead the inquiry, who is now reportedly looking at links between education service providers and the Birmingham City Council.

The Sunday Times claims a Whitehall official has revealed that Clarke was also examining?allegations of nepotism and conflicts of interest.

Tahir Alam, the chairman of governors at Park View School, which is at the centre of the so-called "Operation Trojan Horse" controversy, is believed to be among those being scrutinised.

Alam has denied any wrongdoing and believes the investigation is politically motivated.

A source close to Birmingham city council, which is conducting its own investigation into "Trojan Horse", a document purporting to be a blueprint for how Muslims could wrest control of schools, said Clarke was investigating whether "one of the reasons for the alleged takeover by governors was financial rather than religious".

Birmingham has a large Muslim population - nearly 22 per cent, according to the 2011 census.

The developments come as Khalid Mahmood, Labour MP for Birmingham Perry Barr, demanded details about more than 500,000 pounds raised by the Park View Educational Trust, which is headed by Alam, and which appears on its accounts.

Mahmood said, "The money was raised by the Park View trust but they are not giving details of where the donations came from, when the fundraisers were held and who they were held by".

The trust, which declined to comment, runs three of the 21 schools being investigated by Ofsted, the UK education watchdog, after claims that strict Islamic practices were being imposed in schools.

The publication of the Ofsted inspection reports is expected next month. It is understood at least six schools will be placed in special measures that could lead to the removal of their governors.

Clarke is expected to publish his findings in late July.

PTI
ht tp://zeen ews.india.com/news/world/inquiry-widens-into-islamist-school-takeover-plot-in-uk_934743.html

Old May 25th, 2014 #17
Alyss
vnn member

What do they expect with multiculuralism? That foreigners to western culture would adapt and adopt our western culture and values??? This is why all Asian, African, ishell, middle east nations are not multicultural.

Old May 25th, 2014 #18
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Primary School Condemned for Teaching Children to Stone Women

DailyStormer.com

A Muslim primary school has been heavily criticised by Ofsted because the library is said to contain books which advocate ‘fundamentalist Islamic beliefs’ and punishments under Sharia law, including stoning women.

An inspection at Olive Tree Primary school in Luton, Bedfordshire, was abandoned last week after parents reacted angrily to inspectors quizzing their children about homosexuality.

Now an unpublished report by the school’s watchdog has condemned the school for promoting Salafi ideology and suggested it does not prepare its pupils ‘for life in modern Britain, as opposed to life in a Muslim state.’

Muslims involved in the Salafi movement promote Sharia law, the Islamisation of society and those who practice the ideology advocate jihad against civilians.

According to The Guardian, the report said some of the content of the books were set ‘firmly within a Saudi Arabian socio-religious context’.

It reads: ‘Some of the views promoted by these books, for example stoning women, have no place in British society.’

Staff from the school denied the allegations, describing them as a ‘complete fabrication’, and said there were no books in the library that advocated extremist beliefs.

Farasat Latif, the school’s chair of govenors told the paper: ‘We have a large number of books about different faiths, which inspectors failed to to notice, including The Diary of Ann Frank.’

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/uk-prima...o-stone-women/

Old May 26th, 2014 #19
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
The Muslim 'Trojan Horse' schools frenzy hides a need for integration
Children should be taught about religion, not have one imposed on them. [/B]That a third of state schools in the UK are faith schools is a disaster[/B]

Birmingham's Park View school was judged 'outstanding' by Ofsted before allegations were made of an Islamist plot to take over schools in the city.

Is it a witch-hunt? The investigation into a host of Muslim majority schools in Birmingham, Luton, Leicester, Bradford and elsewhere has a flavour of panic about it. Some with long memories compare it to the Cleveland child abuse alarm when more than 100 children were removed from their parents in the late 1980s, most later returned. Are children in these schools being trained up as future terrorists? That's the tenor of the outcry.

This began in January when three former teachers at Park View school gave a report to the British Humanist Association (BHA), of which I am vice president. They made wide-ranging allegations of gender discrimination, homophobia, extremist views, bullying and unfair employment practices. Their detailed charges included creationism and intelligent design taught in science lessons by at least one science teacher, and reports that in sex education lessons given by the same teacher boys were told "girls must obey their husbands" and "wives are not allowed to say no".

The BHA referred this immediately to Ofsted and the Department for Education. Since then it is also being investigated by Birmingham city council and West Midlands police. Park View's previous Ofsted "outstanding" rating was abruptly downgraded to "inadequate", despite good academic results.

Afterwards the Sunday Times and Sunday Telegraph took up the "Operation Trojan Horse" document allegedly revealing a jihadist plot to take over Birmingham schools, whose authenticity may turn out to be no better than the fraudulent Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Claims and counter-claims about the good faith of school leaders and inspectors are flying around. Once caught up in a media and political frenzy where everyone's reputation is on the line, unearthing the truth becomes increasingly difficult.

Ultimately the question will turn on what is acceptable religious teaching and what is extremism – a fine line. The BHA thinks "too much attention is being focused on the narrow issue of political extremism and not enough on the unbalanced religious environment in many schools". Look, says one education commentator, these schools are run by and for very conservative-minded religious people, some of them salafists, but not terrorists or jihadists or anything violent. Sure, they don't hold with homosexuality, they have conservative ideas about women and they want to protect their children from the modern world as much as they can. You could compare them to the Plymouth Brethren, for example. So is that OK, then?

Of course it isn't. This risks a dangerous abdication of principles of equality for all children, obscured by notions of religious freedom. The state's duty is to protect children and to see they get a good education to fit them for life. It makes no difference whether they are Muslims or Wee Frees, Plymouth Brethren or Roman Catholics, children have a right to an education free from imposed beliefs, and be free to choose their own path.

That a third of state schools are faith schools is a historic disaster, a hangover from Christian charity school days, made worse by Tony Blair's encouragement and now by Michael Gove adding yet more. When the Church of England and the Catholics have so many schools, every other religion and sect is entitled too – Seventh-Day Adventists, Jewish and Hindu schools are expanding, and of course Muslims want more of their own. Why shouldn't they?

The presence of one-third faith schools often unbalances the local intake. Park View is not a faith school but has 98% Muslim pupils. In many areas that happens when local Christian schools become white-flight refuges, leaving nearby state schools to become mainly Muslim.

What is needed is socially and religiously integrated education. All children should be taught religious education, learning about all religions. But what serious programme of sex education or prevention of homophobic bullying can there be in schools where most teachers adhere to ancient texts that punish gays? It's hard to complain of some of the teachings in the Qur'an when Gove sends a Bible to every school, filled with the most extreme and bizarre prohibitions.

Who knows how these investigations will navigate the thicket of acceptable versus unacceptable religious teaching. But this saga makes the BHA's pleas for broad secular education for all children all the more pressing. Wide horizons that open minds to all ideas and beliefs should be the state's goal, liberating all children from the prejudices of their own backgrounds. To put Muslim children or those from other religious groups into a separate category that overly respects their parents' views is to limit their horizons and deny them true equality.
ht tp://ww w.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/23/muslim-trojan-horse-schools-frenzy-masks-integration

What crap. PARENTS should teach religion - if any - NOT the State.

Why aren't the authorities asking the question "why are christian schools becoming - their words - "white-flight refuges"? Are they scared of the answer? I see their answer is to claim more integration is needed - isn't it obvious that it isn't working?

They more or less admit it here:

Quote:
When the Church of England and the Catholics have so many schools, every other religion and sect is entitled too – Seventh-Day Adventists, Jewish and Hindu schools are expanding, and of course Muslims want more of their own.

Quote:
The state's duty is to protect children
from who and what? The religion of their parents?

Remember how we had the Frankfurt School thread and I said I couldn't understand or see how "7. Emptying of churches" was a bad thing or relevant in any way?

Now I do.

Old June 1st, 2014 #20
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Special Report on Plot to Islamicize Britains Entire Education System

DailyStormer.com

Filled with endless pictures of smiling children, the ‘information and guidance’ booklet must have looked anodyne when it tumbled off the press a few years ago.

It was produced by the Muslim Council of Britain and contained — in the words of the foreword — 72 pages of advice to schools designed to ‘promote greater understanding of the faith, religious and cultural needs’ of pupils from an Islamic background.

Even the title seemed, on the face of things, uncontroversial. It was called simply: Meeting The Needs Of Muslim Pupils In State Schools.

Appearances can be deceptive, though. For within days of its publication, this outwardly unremarkable booklet had sparked an explosive political controversy.

For, in the eyes of a host of vociferous critics, it amounted to nothing less than a blueprint for the ‘Islamicisation’ of Britain’s entire education system.

To that end, it called for sweeping changes in the way everything from music, art and sports, to biology and religious education were taught in schools.

One passage endorsed a ban on ‘unIslamic’ activities, such as dancing, for Muslim pupils.

Another said swimming lessons should be halted during Ramadan, because ‘the potential for swallowing water [when fasting] is very high’. A third, regarding behavioural codes, declared that ‘girlfriend/boyfriend as well as homosexual relationships’ are ‘not acceptable practices according to Islamic teachings’.

The booklet issued hawkish decrees on everything from architecture — it called for single-sex prayer rooms to be built at every school — to extra-curricular activities. School balls, discos and fashion shows should be avoided so as not to ‘inadvertently exclude’ Muslim parents and pupils, it cautioned.

So, too, should fund-raising raffles, since gambling is forbidden by the Koran, Islam’s holy book.

At meal-times, meanwhile, it said children should be offered halal food, sourced from animals killed without first being stunned — the most ‘pure’ form of religious slaughter, dubbed cruel by animal welfare campaigners.

During biology lessons, many aspects of sex education, including teaching about contraception and the use of diagrams showing reproductive organs, would be regarded by Muslims as ‘completely inappropriate and encouraging morally unacceptable behaviour’.

In drama, Nativity plays were off-limits for Muslim pupils, while ‘parents may have reservations regarding participation in [any] theatrical plays or acting that involves physical contact between males and females’.

Art teachers, it added, ‘should avoid encouraging Muslim pupils from producing three-dimensional imagery of humans’, since that is also outlawed by the Koran.

‘Some Muslims may hold a very conservative attitude towards music and may seek to avoid it altogether,’ read a passage on music lessons.

‘Most Muslim parents will find little or no educational merit or value in dance or dancing after early childhood and may even find it objectionable.’ As for PE, the booklet said Muslim girls should wear full-length tracksuits and headscarves when taking part in even highly vigorous exercise, while teachers must avoid the ‘objectionable’ practice of allowing mixed-gender groups to play contact sports such as football or basketball.

Mixed-gender swimming sessions, even for primary school children, were ‘unacceptable for reasons of modesty and decency to Muslim parents’.

Finally, the booklet argued that all British children should have the option of studying Arabic, while staff should consider segregating morning assembly, with ‘separate acts of collective worship’ for Muslim and Christian students.

If you think some of that advice sounds divisive and extreme, not to say at odds with traditionally British educational values, you are not alone. For the contents of Meeting The Needs Of Muslim Pupils In State Schools sparked immediate controversy.

In the days after its publication in February 2007, front-page newspaper reports savaged its ‘Taliban-style’ decrees. Several MPs and pressure groups attacked the booklet — which ended up being pulled from the Muslim Council of Britain’s (MCB) website — as dangerous and divisive.

‘The MCB needs to realise it has to move closer to the rest of the community, not away from it,’ said the Conservative MP Greg Hands, who is now a Government whip.

The National Secular Society dubbed the report ‘a recipe for disaster’. And the moderate Sufi Muslim Council, which claims to represent more Muslims than the MCB, said it had misunderstood the nature of Ramadan.

Lost in the noise, however, was the identity of the author behind this report. Perhaps surprisingly, he was neither named nor quoted in any of the mainstream coverage that followed its publication.

Today, however, this individual — and his apparently-conservative beliefs — seems very relevant indeed.

He is crucial, in fact, to fully understanding a different, but no less chilling scandal that has in recent months raised another pressing set of questions about the relationship between Islam and the state education system.

The man in question is called Tahir Mahmo Alam. He is 45 years old, lives in Birmingham and intriguingly (given the conservative views espoused above) he happens to be the central figure in the so-called ‘Trojan Horse’ affair.

The story broke two months ago when a strange but shocking letter was leaked to newspapers.

Typed in italics and apparently unsigned and undated, it described a five-step strategy that Muslim extremists have supposedly been using to take over the running of a string of primary and secondary schools.

Their alleged ‘jihad’ was designed to ‘drip-feed our ideal for a Muslim school’ and went by the name Operation Trojan Horse.

It involved identifying target schools in predominately Muslim areas, getting sympathetic parents to join governing bodies and then using underhand methods to remove non-Muslim teachers from positions of influence.

After that, the curriculums, time-tables and cultur

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.dailystormer.com/special-...cation-system/

Tags
#1, education, islam, muslims, schools, trojan horse

Thread