Old October 25th, 2007 #21
NS Cat

What does the thing circled in red do?

Jews from their lips

Tolerance=White Death

Old October 25th, 2007 #22
6KILLER
Banned

Location: Somewhere between lost & found traveling @ a high rate of speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS Cat View Post
What does the thing circled in red do?
It is a mechanical release to facilitate adjusting the length of the telescoping stock.

Old October 25th, 2007 #23
NS Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6KILLER View Post
It is a mechanical release to facilitate adjusting the length of the telescoping stock.
Thanks, that was my guess.

Jews from their lips

Tolerance=White Death

Old October 26th, 2007 #24
Sean Martin

Re: NS Cat

The Tapco SKS stock, the best accessory to an AK or SKS that has been made. If you own an SKS or AK, you owe it to yourself to buy a Tapco stock, you wont be let down.

Old October 26th, 2007 #25
[email protected]

Quote:
I cannot believe how inexpensive you can put this whole trio together! Not bad, considering what you have when completed. I love the part in the video where he says you can arm someone who is butt naked... pretty funny. This is an awesome combo to put together for anyone to have in their possesion.

Old October 26th, 2007 #26
6KILLER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I cannot believe how inexpensive you can put this whole trio together! Not bad, considering what you have when completed. I love the part in the video where he says you can arm someone who is butt naked... pretty funny. This is an awesome combo to put together for anyone to have in their possesion.
One can add a Mossberg 500 shotgun, and a 9 X18 Makarov pistol inexpensively, and be fairly well equipped. Loaded with Hornady 95 G JHP/XTP rounds the Makarov makes a good defense pistol that is easily concealed.

Old October 26th, 2007 #27
NS Cat

What's better regular 9mm or 9mm Makarov?

Makarov is 9x18 instead of 9x19 but I have read somewhere that the Makarov bullet is slightly wider than the regular 9mm.

Which is more killingfull?

Jews from their lips

Tolerance=White Death

Old October 26th, 2007 #28
Sean Martin

Quote:

Makarov is 9x18 instead of 9x19 but I have read somewhere that the Makarov bullet is slightly wider than the regular 9mm.

9mm is more powerful, has more knockdown and a greater variety of ammo. The problem is it is difficult to find a reliable one under $450-500. Also they don’t conceal very well.

The Makarov is a double action (just pull the trigger or cock the hammer for precision shooting) that holds 8 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. It is flat and conceals very well. Also a new reliable one can be picked up for around $100.
Here is an advantage a 9X18 has, it doesn’t over penetrate. This is something that you must think about every time you pull the trigger. The old 45 acp’ers will say anything less and throw rocks, however if your bullet goes through the target you have about a 50/50 chance of going to prison and being sued out of existence.

9x18 is shorter but does have a slightly larger diameter than a 9x19 9mm.

Last edited by Sean Martin; October 26th, 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Old October 26th, 2007 #29
6KILLER
Banned

Quote:

The 9 X 19 Parabellum round is more powerful than the 9 X 18 Makarov round. They are also different in bore size .365 for the Makarov and .356 for the Parabellum. The Makarov is more powerful than the .380 (9mm Kurz) and is available in the same size pistols. The only jacketed hollow point ammo that I know of for the Makarov is offered by Hornady.

Old October 26th, 2007 #30
6KILLER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin View Post
9mm is more powerful, has more knockdown and a greater variety of ammo. The problem is it is difficult to find a reliable one under $450-500.
For the price of a decent 9mm pistol, one could have an SKS, Mossberg 500, and a Makarov.

Old October 26th, 2007 #31
NS Cat

What do you think of the m14 rifle?

Kanuckistan law only lets you have a maximum of 5 cartridges in a rifle.

I found a dealer where I could buy Norinco SKS's and M14's and I think 5 shots of .308 is better than 5 shots of 7.62x39.

Jews from their lips

Tolerance=White Death

Old October 26th, 2007 #32
6KILLER
Banned

Quote:
What do you think of the m14 rifle?

Kanuckistan law only lets you have a maximum of 5 cartridges in a rifle.

I found a dealer where I could buy Norinco SKS's and M14's and I think 5 shots of .308 is better than 5 shots of 7.62x39.
The M-14 is a full-size (read heavy) weapon it is similar to the M1 Garand, with the exceptions that the original was select fire, had a detachable 20 round magazine and was in 7.62 X 51 NATO. The Norinco M-14 had a soft receiver, at one time there were gunsmith's in the ZOGland offering their services to heat-treat Norinco M-14 receivers. If I could only have a weapon with 5 rounds, I would choose a bolt-gun.

Old October 26th, 2007 #33
NS Cat

Quote:
The M-14 is a full-size (read heavy) weapon it is similar to the M1 Garand, with the exceptions that the original was select fire, had a detachable 20 round magazine and was in 7.62 X 51 NATO. The Norinco M-14 had a soft receiver, at one time there were gunsmith's in the ZOGland offering their services to heat-treat Norinco M-14 receivers. If I could only have a weapon with 5 rounds, I would choose a bolt-gun.
At that same site(http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-lg-cf.shtm) they also sell a Norinco bolt action 7.62x39 rifle.

If you had to choose which one would you pick? (never mind price)

A. 5 rnd SKS
B. 5 rnd m14
C. 5 rnd bolt 7.62X39

Jews from their lips

Tolerance=White Death

Old October 26th, 2007 #34
6KILLER
Banned

Quote:
At that same site(http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-lg-cf.shtm) they also sell a Norinco bolt action 7.62x39 rifle.

If you had to choose which one would you pick? (never mind price)

A. 5 rnd SKS
B. 5 rnd m14
C. 5 rnd bolt 7.62X39
Of the 3 my choice would be the M-14.
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=44226

Old October 26th, 2007 #35
NS Cat

Look here:
http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-hg.shtm

I think I might buy the .22 for plinking but which of the other six handguns should I buy for power than the .22?

Also, what do you think of the army handgun that can rack the slide using only one hand by pulling on the front of the trigger guard?

Jews from their lips

Tolerance=White Death

Last edited by NS Cat; October 26th, 2007 at 05:56 PM.

Old October 26th, 2007 #36
6KILLER
Banned

Quote:
Look here:
http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-hg.shtm

I think I might buy the .22 for plinking but which of the other six handguns should I buy for power than the .22?

Also, what do you think of the army handgun that can rack the slide using only one hand by pulling on the front of the trigger guard?
This would be my choice of the 5.

Norinco NP-40 'CZ-85B type' .40 S&W

The Norinco NP-40 is identical to the NZ-85B only it is chambered for the increasingly popular .40 Smith & Wesson cartridge that is dominating the law enforcement sidearm market in North America and abroad. The NP-40 features the same single and double action operation, double column magazine, internal firing pin block, and ambidextrous safety as the NZ-85B.
Norinco's NP-40 is an excellent choice for novice and expert alike. It features forged (not cast) steel construction, chrome-lined barrel, and ambidextrous safety. Like its Czechoslovakian counterpart, the NP-40's slide rails are on the inside rather than the outside of the frame, a system said to increase accuracy and smooth operation.
We offer not only the best price on every NP-40 sold but also go the extra mile by backing each one with our Ironclad Guarantee and our exclusive one year 'in Canada' parts/labour Norinco warranty - something our competition doesn't do. We service what we sell!*

Part # Description Calibre Cap. Barrel Finish Stock Price NP-40 Norinco 'CZ-85B type' .40 S&W 10 rds. 115mm Blued In Stock $349.00
SKS, Mossberg and Makarov = no better combo for under $500 USD.

Last edited by 6KILLER; October 26th, 2007 at 10:05 PM.

Old November 8th, 2007 #37
Moose

I'm thinking about getting an SKS. I recently had to pawn my AR-15 for cash, and I feel uncomfortable as hell without a rifle.

What do you guys think about a Saiga? You can get low rate Romanian AK around here for $350-400, or a Saiga for $250 or so.

Old November 8th, 2007 #38
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'm thinking about getting an SKS. I recently had to pawn my AR-15 for cash, and I feel uncomfortable as hell without a rifle.

What do you guys think about a Saiga? You can get low rate Romanian AK around here for $350-400, or a Saiga for $250 or so.
Last week I saw a used Norinco SKS carbine with a 20 round detachable magazine and a Tapco stock for $299. That was a great deal and functional weapon for anyone.

About the Saiga, I cannot express how let down I was with them. I was so excited to get to shoot a Saiga shotgun and was so let down it was almost like getting punched in the nose. The guns function well but are not nearly as practical as an AK. I have seen them in 30.06 and I would like to try one of those but when you factor in the upgrade prices then they are not desirable.

An AK can be upgraded for under $100. You can order a complete Tapco stock kit and 30 round magazine for under $100. Try getting a collapsible stock or extra magazines for a Saiga. I can’t even find 10 round magazines for a shotgun, I also can’t find specialized stocks for under a couple hundred dollars from a reputable dealer.

If you ever plan on adding anything to your gun, get an AK. If you want that huge caliber then get a Saiga. They can be ordered in 223, 7.62x39, 308, 30.06, 30-30 & 12 gauge. That is the only advantage I can see to a Saiga.

I miss the days of $75 Norinco SKS's.

American gun companies have cut the consumers throats. Their $3,000 guns cannot compete with a Chinese gun for $100 and perhaps 80% of the accuracy and 100% of the reliability. American guns are going through the roof because they have pushed laws cutting all sorts of cheap foreign weapons and now we have no alternatives. Also companies like S&W and many others are courting government contracts and don’t care about the consumer. They give the prize weapons to the DEA and such while regular people get the scrub weapons.

I watched a special on some gun show last week where the gun company (Sig I think) had a 4,000 guns a month contract with the DEA and various ZOG organizations. Along with the NRA they don’t care about us and they are not out for our interests. They are only interested in charging us triple price for sub quality weapons. The Feds get the good stuff we get what’s left over.

Sorry for the rant, but yes the AK is the best deal.

Old November 9th, 2007 #39
Sean Martin

Quote:
For the price of a decent 9mm pistol, one could have an SKS, Mossberg 500, and a Makarov.
I just saw that they are releasing the Mosin Nagants again for $79.00 + tax. I saw about 100 of them for sale today down in the country. So you could throw that in there and have a full set including a big game/sniper rifle.

The Mossberg's were $99.00-139.00. So the 7.62x54, Mossberg, Makarov combo would be only $279 and you would have the rest to spend on an SKS. They are selling the Yugo SKS's for $79.00-100. So you could get 4 reliable guns that will do everything you need to handle any situation for under $400.

Old November 10th, 2007 #40
T.J. McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

Avoid the SKS. AK all the way! Detachable mags are a big deal. And those detachable SKS mags are junk, all of them.

The Saiga is a good choice. They are known for being more accurate than most AKs. They have hammer-forged barrels, and are made by folks who really know the system.

You can modify them to look like conventional AKs, but the only truly necessary mod is the mag well fix. This needs to be done before you can use standard AK mags.

Thread