Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 3rd, 2009 #1
April

Default Pacific Northwest Homeland

I am in NW Montana but would love to hear from anyone in the nearby area ( with a couple hundred miles). I also am eager to give info to anyone considering relocation to this area.

http://kalispellple.blogspot.com/

Old May 5th, 2009 #2
vindicator06
Banned

Are you near Libby (Montana)? How far are you from Bonners Ferry, Idaho?

Old May 5th, 2009 #3
albion

Default see April's threads on Stormfront

Kalispell, Montana PLE
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=549227

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=524024

Jobs in the Pacific Northwest
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=581928

NW Montana and why you should move here
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=517064

Old May 5th, 2009 #4
April

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator06 View Post
Are you near Libby (Montana)? How far are you from Bonners Ferry, Idaho?
I am in Kalispell. Do you ever get out this way? If so let me know and we can have coffee.

Old May 6th, 2009 #5
Nate Richards

I moved to SW Washington a few months ago. Not very near April's area but I'll give a little info for this spot. It does indeed rain very often, and I like that. If you don't like rain, don't move here. I love the smell, and the softer light.

I'm near 99 Highway, in a part of Vancouver that is supposed to be "dangerous", according to locals. True enough, there's some theft and begging, but I haven't heard any gunfights at night. I've had no helicopters spotlighting my building, or police squads running around screaming death threats at niggers and telling me to "put it down and get back indoors". It seems pretty mellow here. This might be a place where you could raise kids, I mean better than the average urban area.

Local quirks: Oregon state gov doesn't trust you to pump gas. Oregon lets you sell aluminum cans for a nickel a piece but you can't crush them and you can only turn in 7$ worth at a time. Some of the clerks are nice about it but still you only get 40-50 a day for that routine.

Old May 6th, 2009 #6
Axel Faaborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post

Local quirks: Oregon state gov doesn't trust you to pump gas.
How do you mean?

Old May 6th, 2009 #7
Nick Apleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDane View Post
How do you mean?
In Oregon there is no self-serve gas. An attendant pumps it for you. Not quite like the old full-service stations where they'd check your oil and clean the windshield, but close enough. I'm not sure why it's illegal to pump your own gas there, probably some Nanny State law but it may be a pro-labor thing.

Old May 6th, 2009 #8
vindicator06
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by April View Post
I am in Kalispell. Do you ever get out this way? If so let me know and we can have coffee.

I'm in SC and am somewhat familiar with the Bonners Ferry area, although I've never actually been physically there. I would like very much to live out there, but I am dealing with many restraints that keep me here.

Old May 6th, 2009 #9
Axel Faaborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Apleece View Post
In Oregon there is no self-serve gas. An attendant pumps it for you. Not quite like the old full-service stations where they'd check your oil and clean the windshield, but close enough. I'm not sure why it's illegal to pump your own gas there, probably some Nanny State law but it may be a pro-labor thing.
WTF? What the hell do they do in the morning when all the tradesmen are gassing up for work simultaneously? That's a lot of staff to have on hand.

I'm guessing that they don't have the 30-pump super-stations like QT that we do down here, then.

Old May 6th, 2009 #10
April

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicator06 View Post
I would like very much to live out there, but I am dealing with many restraints that keep me here.
Everyone has restraints that they think prevent them from moving. Really,unless you are still on paper and cannot legally move, nothing is stopping you. It is easy for losers who have nothing to lose to make big moves but that is not the type of person we encourage to move here. We want people who have a lot to lose. We want people who have ties and want to make new ones here.

It was hard for us to move as well. We had to leave family and friends and jobs and our home for the first 40 years of our lives. We will probably always consider California home to some extent. But we had to move to make our children's lives better so we did.

In many ways it is the spirit of being a pioneer. I am sure that many left nice homes and good jobs and kin to move West and explore the nation and look for something better.

Old May 6th, 2009 #11
vindicator06
Banned

Quote:
Everyone has restraints that they think prevent them from moving. Really,unless you are still on paper and cannot legally move, nothing is stopping you. It is easy for losers who have nothing to lose to make big moves but that is not the type of person we encourage to move here. We want people who have a lot to lose. We want people who have ties and want to make new ones here.

It was hard for us to move as well. We had to leave family and friends and jobs and our home for the first 40 years of our lives. We will probably always consider California home to some extent. But we had to move to make our children's lives better so we did.

In many ways it is the spirit of being a pioneer. I am sure that many left nice homes and good jobs and kin to move West and explore the nation and look for something better.

Bonners Ferry would be a great place to live if you have money and don't need a job. I am also dealing with health and age issues.

Old July 7th, 2010 #12
balancedben
Banned

Default The Pacific North-West

Quote:
I am in NW Montana but would love to hear from anyone in the nearby area ( with a couple hundred miles). I also am eager to give info to anyone considering relocation to this area.
This is the area I hope to move to one day.

Old August 22nd, 2010 #13
Tom Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Apleece View Post
It's definitely a pro-labor thing (no problem with that, seems like an easy job). Some people have told me that it also reduces fires caused by seat-static to gas pump reactions.

Old August 22nd, 2010 #14
Tom Stanley

Quote:
I see your point but I rather enjoy living in the city (Portland, OR). I've always been a city boy, I enjoy the tall buildings, I enjoy the many types of entertainment to be found, and I enjoy what my job pays me to be here.

Quote:
Pioneer energy is exactly what we need in this community. People that are willing to explore new areas and new thinking. People willing to challenge their psychological conditioning and to find the spirit of inspiration.

Old August 22nd, 2010 #15
Tom Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Faaborg View Post
WTF? What the hell do they do in the morning when all the tradesmen are gassing up for work simultaneously? That's a lot of staff to have on hand.

I'm guessing that they don't have the 30-pump super-stations like QT that we do down here, then.
Mornings are actually quicker because you don't have individual people getting out of their cars and walking into the store to pay their pump. You have one gas pumper pumping multiple cars at once and taking people's payments on the go. It definitely is a lot quicker.

Thread