VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 31st, 2013 #41
M. Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyLeeAdams View Post
"Courage, the price life extracts for granting peace." Amelia Earhart.
I don't think this quote makes any sense.

Old November 2nd, 2013 #42
Carl Corey

It is amusing to watch people jump on the bandwagon with the vaguest of notions (questing) as their guidance, and in all seriousness.

I guess this thread sums up the spirit of the modern day white.

Old November 2nd, 2013 #43
snowglobe

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

E. F. Schumacher

Cops learned to "extrapolate" from bureaucrats who said they were estimating;except when civilians do this- it's called Lieing.:rolleyes:

Old November 7th, 2013 #44
varg

November 8, 2013

Looking to reclaim a little sense of wonder? Check out this breathtaking new footage of Swiss pilot Yves “Jetman” Rossy zooming around Japan’s iconic Mount Fuji with an eight-foot-wide, rocket-powered, carbon-fiber wing of his own invention strapped to his back.

“It’s really impressive,” said Rossy of Japan’s highest mountain, though, let’s face it, he really could have been talking about his own unfathomably mettlesome grit – the man literally flies around at 185 mph on a quad-rocket jetpack HE BUILT WITH HIS OWN HANDS (but we digress). “It’s a perfect form, a huge mountain, a huge volcano, a presence that you can feel on the ground and also in the air.”

http://www.dailystormer.com/man-flie...emade-jetpack/

Old December 8th, 2013 #45
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

Default Tips for Whites

Every time you don't buy some moronic consumer junk in the store you make ZOG very unhappy.

Every time you walk or cycle instead of going by car you spit ZOG in the face.

If you quit smoking you give ZOG a terribly painful kick on the testicles.

If you quit drinking alcohol it's like making ZOG unconscious by a knockout punch in the boxing ring.

Etc.

Old January 18th, 2014 #46
Alex Linder
Administrator

ukrainian danger stunts...wow ... the bottoms of my feet are cringing watching this...truly nuts!

http://gawker.com/these-death-defyin...ane-1503751025

Old January 18th, 2014 #47
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Atkins View Post
Burt Munro

Herbert James "Burt" Munro (Bert in his youth) (25 March 1899 6 January 1978) was a New Zealand motorcycle racer, famous for setting an under-1,000 cc world record, at Bonneville, 26 August 1967.[2] This record still stands today. Munro was 68 and was riding a 47-year-old machine when he set his last record.[3]

Working from his home in Invercargill , he worked for 20 years to highly modify the 1920 Indian motorcycle that he had bought that same year. Munro set his first New Zealand speed record in 1938 and later set seven more. He travelled to compete at the Bonneville Salt Flats , attempting to set world speed records. During his ten visits to the salt flats, he set three speed records, one of which still stands today.

The Worlds Fastest Indian HD Trailer - YouTube

Can you imagine a high IQ chink doing anything like that?

Stark racial difference.
This was one of those films I was going to see as soon as it came out but never got around to.
What an inspiring story it is.Just watch it.
If you have ever been into motorcycles you will love it.
http://tvwat.ch/watch/the-world-s-fastest-indian/5594

Old February 8th, 2014 #49
Alex Linder
Administrator

In theory at least, the Olympics, the winter Olympics, should be a showcase for the white spirit. So we find it with gold medal winner Sage Kotsenburg (blond haired and blue eyed):

Quote:
Sage Kotsenburg won America its first gold today in Snowboard Men's Slopestyle and, as you might imagine, a human flying through the air in front of snowcapped mountains is wonderful eye candy.

This was the event and course that many in the sport felt was unnecessarily dangerous, prompting snowboarding's biggest star, American Shaun White, to pull out of the event altogether earlier this week. Despite all that, Kotsenburg won with a trick he had never tried before. He called his brother and coach before the finals to discuss it.

He wanted to throw a trick called "Back 16 Japan" on his first run in the Olympic finals, never mind that he hadn't tried the move in practice or prior competition. No one talked him out of it.

"I ended up landing it, and winning with it," Kotsenburg said, laughing. The trick is four and a half backwards spins (1620 degrees of rotation), while grabbing the backside of his board (Japan).
Sean White, normally a fount of white spirit - boundary-expanding bravery - was anti-white at this Olympics, publicly pulling out of this in event in such a way as to deny another American a chance to compete. That is the OPPOSITE of white spirit - being a selfish pussy.

Anyway, congratulations to Kotsenburg, who is from Cour D'Alene, Idaho, by way of Park City, Utah. Notice again, ye underreaders, the fact a name ends in -berg or -burg does not mean the bearer's a jew.

The white spirit is to be at the pushing edge of things - finding, discovering, seeking something better, farther, greater, no matter the area of endeavor. There are only so many sports examples in here because they are more visually dramatic, hence easier to depict and document.

[as a sidelight, here's an interested bit about the way photos of this sort of event are normally TEMPLATED in the controlled media...you will notice the parallels to politics. Even where there's no politics involved, the media tend to be herd animals. Everything got to be done the same way everyone else does. LINK. ]

Last edited by Alex Linder; February 8th, 2014 at 04:48 PM.

Old February 8th, 2014 #50
Alex Linder
Administrator

Notice also how art itself can inspire people:

Quote:
“I was eating mad snacks,” the first gold medalist of these Winter Olympics said underneath a dish mop of scraggly blond split ends. “Chocolate. Onion rings. Chips. We were chilling really hard. Then we fell asleep watching ‘Fight Club.’ Getting stoked, you know?”

Dude, totally.

It was past 6 p.m. Saturday in a large conference room here when a free radical from Park City, Utah, named Sage, who has a brother named Blaze, and who says “stoked” like, a lot — usually between “mega,” “awesome,” “gnarly,” and “whoa!” — perfectly reprised the role of America’s favorite slacker turned counterculture hero.

“Good old Spicoli,” Kotsenburg said, pumped by the Internet comparisons between himself and the surfer-stoner dude originally played by Sean Penn in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” — and, okay, once played by Shaun White before he went corporate, became part of the establishment and pulled out of the competition
Life imitates art: Kotsenburg models himself to some extent on Spicoli.

Old February 8th, 2014 #51
Alex Linder
Administrator

A dude who gets the genesis of his, uh, discipline (“You got to think out of the box every once in a while and bring it back to being creative, and that’s for sure where snowboarding started”)

Old February 11th, 2014 #52
Alex Linder
Administrator

On Bode Miller, an interesting study in attitude

'I don't play accurately - even a player piano can do that - but I play with great expression'

http://grantland.com/features/i-sing-the-bode-electric/

Old February 13th, 2014 #53
Alex Linder
Administrator

When Showgirls won the Razzie for Worst Movie of 1995, Verhoeven showed up to collect the award in person. He was the first director ever to do so.

http://grantland.com/features/career...aul-verhoeven/

when they mock you, go through it, and come out the other side on top. what have you to be defensive about? little people are defensive. you're not little. are you?

Old February 15th, 2014 #54
Alex Linder
Administrator

[ok manziel is of syrian origin, in part. does that make him non-white? not necessarily. so we'll say he's white. looks white, acts white. now this below shows some true white spirit]

Johnny Manziel: ‘I want to be the first rookie (quarterback) to win the Super Bowl’
Sam Cooper By Sam Cooper

February 14, 2014 1:34 PM
Dr. Saturday
Johnny Manziel is working hard to be the first overall pick in the NFL Draft

It came as no surprise when Johnny Manziel decided it was time to pursue an NFL career after his redshirt sophomore season at Texas A&M. To prepare for the upcoming A&M pro day and the NFL Combine, Manziel has been training George Whitfield Jr., a widely respected “quarterback guru.”

Johnny Manziel is a Texas boy, born and raised, and sure enough, the Houston Texans have the first overall pick in May’s draft. There is no consensus among draft experts as to who should be the Texans’ selection. Manziel wants to be that guy.

The Houston Chronicle’s John McClain was on the scene in San Diego and wrote an awesome feature about one of Manziel's many nine-hour training days with Whitfield. Manziel looks “like he’s training for the Navy SEALS (more) than the NFL draft,” McClain wrote.

Manziel’s training sessions include the quarterback delivering passes while standing waist-deep in the Pacific Ocean with waves knocking into him. He also throws to various receivers while wearing a blindfold and another drill features one of Whitfield’s assistants poking him with a broom or throwing bean bags at him. Whitfield said Manziel “has never worked harder.”

On top of that, the Heisman winner who has made headlines for his off-the-field activity as much as his on-the-field prowess wants to make sure the Texans have no doubts about who he is. Or as McClain writes: “Johnny Manziel wants to distance himself from Johnny Football.”

"I want them to say absolutely, without a doubt, with 100 percent certainty, that I'm who they want," Manziel said. "I want everybody from the janitor at Reliant Stadium to the front office executive assistant all the way up to (owner) Bob McNair to say, 'This kid is 100 percent, can't miss. This is who we want being the face of our program. We want the Texas kid staying in Texas and leading the Texans.'"

“I was a kid who made some goofball decisions. That’s been part of my journey. Maybe it’s part of the whole Johnny Football deal that I’m trying to get away from. I’m trying to show people I’ve grown up, and I’ve learned from my experiences. I feel like you’re a stupid person if you continue to make the same wrong decisions. I don’t want to hear, ‘Oh, anybody in his situation would have been doing the same thing.’ I’m 100 percent responsible for my actions.”

If Manziel, a native of Tyler, Texas, were to drop in the draft to, for example, the Jacksonville Jaguars—a division rival of the Texans – Manziel says “it would be the worst decision (the Texans) ever made.”

“I’d be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito,” Manziel said. (great line)

Whitfield said Manziel will measure in at 6-foot and 210 pounds at the combine and after seeing the 5-foot-10 Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl, Manziel thinks he can do the same.

“I want to be the first rookie to win the Super Bowl,” he said.

With the combine coming next week in Indianapolis, Manziel is looking forward to the chance to prove he is a high-character guy when interviewing with teams, including new Texans coach Bill O’Brien.

"In Indianapolis," Manziel says, "I want to be able to sit there and him draw a play on the board and be like, 'Coach, that was your third-and-12 play from the Super Bowl. You called that on the right hash from the 42-yard line driving in to score to win the game.'

"I want to blow his lid off when I'm in that situation."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...48--ncaaf.html

white spirit?

- working hard as you can
- soliciting help and advice from top experts
- making willful decision to mature
- stating openly and unashamedly pursuit of great goal
- willingness to assume responsibility
- desire to lead
- ability to identify destructive behavior patterns and cut them
- ability to communicate not just clearly but with aplomb and flourish

Old February 16th, 2014 #55
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://deadspin.com/t-j-oshie-beats-...out-1523462146

white hockey player Oshie, might be the best in the world at one thing.

- excellence
- style

(they claim he's Ojibwe...doesn't look it...not many ojibs w middle name Leif)

Last edited by Alex Linder; February 16th, 2014 at 05:50 AM.

Old February 16th, 2014 #56
Alex Linder
Administrator

I WAS NOT A MINIMALIST, UNTIL I WAS
By Joshua Fields Millburn

I am not an expert; I just play one on the Internet.

Or rather, I wasn’t an expert on anything. . . . until I was.

You see, at 18 I didn’t know how to be a leader. But then I took an entry-level sales job, spent a decade working my way up the corporate ladder, and eventually led a group of 100 people in 16 locations. Over time, I slowly became an expert at inspiring and leading people.

At 22 I didn’t know how to run a successful business. But then, with no formal education, I learned. In the course of time, I opened 14 profitable retail stores for a large corporation, managed a $52 million operating budget, and eventually oversaw the operations for 150 retail stores (which I realize now, as a minimalist, is rather ironic in retrospect). Over time, I slowly became an expert on business.

At 25 I didn’t know how to get in shape or lose the excess weight that plagued me. But then I changed my diet, began a simple exercise routine, and lost 70 pounds. And now people regularly rely on me for diet and exercise advice. Over time, I slowly became an expert on health.

At 27 I didn’t know how to live a meaningful life. But then I confronted my discontent, spent two years paying off immense personal debt, and started looking for happiness in life’s more important areas: health, relationships, growth, and contribution—not material possessions. Over time, I slowly became an expert on intentional living.

At 28 I didn’t know how to be a minimalist. My three-bedroom home was filled with superfluous possessions to prove it. But then I started questioning my stuff, removing one by one the unnecessary things from my life, eventually jettisoning 90% of my material possessions, replacing them with worthwhile experiences. Over time, I slowly became an expert on minimalism.

At 29 I didn’t know what a blog was. (Seriously!) But then I needed an outlet to share my writing and my experiences with other people. So I asked my best friend, Ryan, if he’d be willing to build a website and share his experiences—and my experiences—with the world. He said yes, so we created The Minimalists, started publishing essays (which we later realized were called “blog posts”), and grew our readership to tens-of-thousands of people in 151 countries. Over time, we slowly became experts on blogging.

Approaching age 30, I didn’t think it was possible to leave my corporate job to pursue my dream of writing literary fiction. But then I discovered it was. I had already simplified my life, paid off my debt, changed my spending habits, and radically reduced my cost of living. So I sold my house, paid off my car, eliminated nearly all my bills, and moved into a tiny $500-per-month minimalist apartment. And then I quit. Now people frequently ask me how they too can stop living the lie and start living their dream. Over time, I slowly became an expert on leaving the corporate world in the pursuit of dreams.

At 30 I wasn’t a published author. I had a stack of rejection letters from agents and publishers to prove it. But now, at 31, I have published four #1 bestselling books on my own and co-founded my own publishing community—Asymmetrical Press—where we help writers and other creative types circumvent the old guard. Over time, I slowly became an expert in the publishing world.

Last year I didn’t think I could be a teacher, since I don’t have a college degree. But then I learned I could use my training experience from the corporate world, combined with my love and passion and obsession with writing, to add value to people’s lives. Thus, I started an online writing class this spring. When the class quickly filled up, I was shocked; so I offered a summer session. And when that class reached its capacity, I offered a fall session. Most important, my students—ranging from teenagers to Ph.D.’s—have found tremendous value, have grown as writers, and have given me the opportunity to contribute to their successes. Over time, I slowly became an expert on writing and teaching.

I didn’t tell you any of this to brag or boast or inform you of how great I am. I am not great—far from it. There won’t be a life-size bronze statue of Joshua Fields Millburn occupying the streets of Dayton, Ohio, anytime soon. I am flawed and tattered and perfectly imperfect—just like you.

I wasn’t able to do any of the above because I was smarter or better or funnier or more toothsome than the next guy. Instead, there were two commonalities among all these paths to expertise: time and action.

None of it happened overnight; it took time. And it wasn’t easy; it took consistent action—incremental actions that morphed into habits over time. Now, when I look in life’s rearview mirror, everything is different. Over time, I slowly became an expert. And so can you.

The Minimalists: Free Essa

http://www.theminimalists.com/expert/

- attention to detail
- perseverance
- excellence
- ability to overcome fear and doubt and try new things
- ability to be open-minded without being weak-minded
- ability to share discoveries with others in a simple way

What's not white

- complaining about your boss, without looking at things from his perspective
- giving in to fear that traps one in a state one doesn't like
- worrying about what others should be doing more than focusing on what one is doing or can do

There is nothing more white than using your will to make the things you want happen.

Old February 20th, 2014 #57
Thomas Atkins

Old March 25th, 2014 #60
Alex Linder
Administrator

Two BASE jumpers plunge to their death in daredevil leaps in Utah on the same weekend

Kevin Morroun, 35, died late Friday after his canopy did not fully open during a jump from a cliff called 'the sweet spot'

He is an experienced jumper who works as a skydiving instructor
A separate person died more than five hours west after a Sunday jump at Zion National Park

High winds make it unlikely the Zion National Park BASE jumper's body will be recovered for at least the next couple of days

By RYAN GORMAN

24 March 2014

Two people died in separate BASE jumping accidents over the past few days in Utah.
Kevin Morroun, 35, of Moab, was the first fatality. He died Friday in a jump from an area known as ‘the sweet spot’ in Mineral Canyon. The second jumper, still unidentified, died Sunday in Zion National Park.

Morroun was an experienced jumper who worked as an instructor with Skydive Moab, authorities told MailOnline, and often traveled seeking bigger and better jumps, according to social media posts.

Freefall: The experienced jumper's equipment was packed correctly, officials said, they believe his canopy simply didn't have enough time to open

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2wz4LTBza
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tags
white spirit

Thread