Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 7th, 2009 #41
Alex Linder
Administrator

[VNNF has been advising White men to buy gold since it was about half of what it is now. Gold is not an investment, it is a sign that you understand that the value of all unbacked paper money eventually goes to zero.]

Gold surges, hits new all-time high of $1,045

By SARA LEPRO (AP) – 23 hours ago

NEW YORK — Gold prices surged to a new high Tuesday as investors sought a safe harbor from a falling dollar and inflation.

Gold for December delivery rose to as high as $1,045 an ounce, surpassing a previous intraday high of $1,033.90 logged in March 2008, just days after Bear Stearns Cos. collapsed.

Gold also had a record high closing price, finishing the day at $1,039.70 an ounce, up $21.90, or 2.2 percent. Some analysts see gold rising to $1,100 in the coming days.

Gold's advance was stoked by a tumbling dollar, which hit a 14-month low against the Australian currency after Australia became the first major country to raise interest rates since the onset of the financial crisis.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...nRKbAD9B5SKC00

Old October 7th, 2009 #42
L. Edwards
Migrant White worker

Default Gold Confiscation of 1933

If the dollar collapses won't the big jew do what it did on April 5, 1933 to gold owners in America under Presidential Executive Order 6102 and seize most gold bullion and gold coins, especially since they have more power now than ever?

And, of couse, if you buy from Monex or Kitco they have every record of gold and silver purchases.

There was a 10 years jail sentence for those who did not cooperate.

http://www.the-privateer.com/1933-go...fiscation.html

Old October 7th, 2009 #43
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Edwards View Post
If the dollar collapses won't the big jew do what it did on April 5, 1933 to gold owners in America under Presidential Executive Order 6102 and seize most gold bullion and gold coins, especially since they have more power now than ever?

And, of couse, if you buy from Monex or Kitco they have every record of gold and silver purchases.

There was a 10 years jail sentence for those who did not cooperate.

http://www.the-privateer.com/1933-go...fiscation.html
Very unlikely from what I've read. I don't have the reasons at hand, but they were persuasive when I read them. Conditions are a good deal different today from back in 1933.

Old October 7th, 2009 #44
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Here's what the ColoradoGold.com guy says]

Confiscation....Again!
January 30, 2004

Most Americans don't trust their government, and rightfully so, unless you think everything they say is true. Those who protect themselves with gold and silver, are highly suspicious of government "money," and want to get out of it. This is sensible, and if government's "money" were any good, I wouldn't be in business, because my services would be unnecessary. If government "money" were any good, it would be made of gold and silver, and paper currency backed by it. My doing what I do, would be similar to selling ice boxes in the Arctic, if government "money" were any good. Being a bit paranoid as we all are, daily I answer the question about "suppose government takes my gold and silver?" Allow me to answer it…again.

Admittedly gold and silver are the arch-enemy of paper money. They are poles apart. Gold and silver require effort, capital, exploration, machinery and processes beyond most people's wildest imaginings. Paper money requires cutting a few trees, making them into sophisticated paper, and then pushing the "on" button of a printing press. Most paper money requires far less than that, as it is written in millions of checks, wires, and other forms of transfers. Government dislikes gold and silver, because when they "go up" in dollars, it makes their paper money scam look pitiful, which it is. Some then figure that if government feels threatened by gold and silver, they will take it away from us. This is a logical fear, but is based on a myth. The myth is that government has confiscated gold once before, and therefore they might do it again.

Supposedly, FDR, America's worst president, confiscated citizens' gold in 1933. He didn't. What he did do, was order everyone to turn in their gold coins and take brand new $20 bills for their double eagles, $10 bills for their eagles, etc. It was supposed to be some sort of "national emergency," which no one ever explained. FDR's order, threatened the populace with fines and jail, if they didn't comply. Many foolish people did trade their gold for paper money, which was then backed by gold. Smart ones didn't. If everyone did, where would the coin shops get the pre-1933 US gold they have to sell today? No one was ever arrested, and no one was ever fined. It was a government order which some obeyed, and some didn't. How could government seize everyone's gold, when everyone had it? 200 million seizures? Hardly! Then again, back in 1980, when gold and silver made the paper dollar look extremely feeble and ridiculous, government never threatened to take it from the citizens. With gold at $850, and silver at $50, the dollar looked really bad, but there were no threats of confiscation. Let me remind you of a document, by which we are supposedly ruled.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probably cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - Fourth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

If the government were so upset about citizens owning gold and silver, why wouldn't they stop selling it? Why wouldn't they shut down the mint at West Point New York, where they make those American Silver and Gold Eagles? I myself sell many hundreds of thousands of ounces of gold and silver eagles each year, and I am small potatoes compared to large firms, I am sure. Might that be a hint they were becoming upset about all those nasty people protecting themselves with gold and silver? If they were up tight about gold and silver, wouldn't they seize American mines, and prohibit imports of gold and silver? I don't like crime, but know of no way to stop it, other than by being armed. The government may consider gold and silver a threat, but even if they stopped producing and selling their Eagles, and prohibited imports, that wouldn't begin to stop it. It would simply go underground like drugs, and prices would go ever higher. There's nothing like a black market to make huge profits, and government well knows it. Prohibition of alcohol, made everyone want it, and the same thing would happen if gold and silver ownership were prohibited. They know it would be a lost cause to attempt to seize or prohibit it, so they won't.

Gold and silver harm no one, as do guns and drugs. Gold and silver protect, and give pride of ownership. Will they try to take our guns? I think so, eventually. Will they be successful? Of course not, because the answer when the eventual door knock happens, will be, "oh I sold that gun years ago at a yard sale," or "it was stolen by someone, and the crime was never solved." Guns and gold are necessary, but are not related. Both protect, but gold can't shoot. The would be gun abolitionists, can point out that those nasty guns are used to kill and rob, forgetting all about protecting ones self, and making crime go down when citizens are armed. No one can say that gold is any threat to anyone except paper money.

OK Chicken Littles, let's suppose that the government stopped making and selling gold and silver Eagles, seized the mines, and attempted to stop imports… a chance about as remote as the sky falling. Does anyone in their right mind, really believe that a success could be made of trying to find every person who might have a few Krugerrands, or a hundred ounces of silver? Would any court allow such? Would the Supremes vote for such a violation of rights? Hardly, and if it did happen, forget America, because it's gone. Paranoia eventually gets too much!

There are many other ways to hedge against the paper dollar's fall. Antique autos, furniture, original art work, rare stamps, and old electric trains come to mind, and E-Bay is full of them. These do not have serial numbers and buying them does not require notifying the federal government of doing so. What does require notification? Stocks, bonds, guns, and real estate, for a couple. People who buy stocks, guns, and real estate, need to give their Social Security number, etc. Gold and silver have no identifying marks to distinguish one from another. They have no serial numbers or deeds showing ownership. They are merely coins that one buys, just like a new sofa, or set of tires for your car. No big deal. Do you paranoids believe that government will steal your antique china or sofa? Do you believe that government has designs on your Model A Ford? These also make the dollar look stupid, which it is. Just about everything for sale anywhere, makes the dollar look absurd, if you stop and think about it.

The feds are so busy lying about Iraq, 9/11, Pan Am flight 800, inflation, and a million other things which bother them, and which make the whole establishment look silly, believe me, they could care less about your few ounces of gold. To conduct a search of everyone who may have bought some gold or silver, is so silly, as to be ridiculous, even if they could get the courts to approve of such a move. The costs would be astronomical, and the whole thing would be futile. If you think government is so powerful, and has the ability to stop what they may not like, how about the "war on drugs?" How about the world's oldest profession, prostitution? How about guns, if the truth be known? To even imagine that the government will force anyone to divulge who has bought a few ounces of gold, and then to attempt to seize it, is preposterous.

As far as taxes are concerned, if you sell something at a profit, be it a Model T Ford, king size bed, or 1835 stamp, and it is a profit, will you pay capital gains taxes or income taxes on the sale? I guess that's up to you. If you sell anything at a profit, technically you owe a tax on it, I suppose. One shouldn't drive over the speed limit either. Do you? Protect yourself.

http://www.coloradogold.com/archive/...Again-157.html

Last edited by Alex Linder; October 7th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.

Old October 7th, 2009 #45
Steve B
Banned

If the dollar collapses and the world switches to a new global reserve currency like the amero what is your gold going to be worth then? Gold is only an element and its value is based on "trust and faith" just like paper money.You can't eat it, you can't shoot with it and you can't fuck it. So what good is it during an economic collapse?

Old October 7th, 2009 #46
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Very unlikely from what I've read. I don't have the reasons at hand, but they were persuasive when I read them. Conditions are a good deal different today from back in 1933.
If they try I suspect there will be bodies of dead federal employees strewn across the continent. The people too are different today. Most see the scam for what it is and if their gold, the one thing many bought for a worst case scenario, is stolen from them they won't take it lying down. Such an act might be the last straw before a civil war since most would lose hope of any future after that point anyway.

Old October 7th, 2009 #47
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
If the dollar collapses and the world switches to a new global reserve currency like the amero what is your gold going to be worth then? Gold is only an element and its value is based on "trust and faith" just like paper money.You can't eat it, you can't shoot with it and you can't fuck it. So what good is it during an economic collapse?
No, unlike paper money, gold is inherently attractive. In a collapse, it's useful for procuring supplies from parties who have them. Sure, if you're going to die in half an hour unless you get A, B, or C it might be worth nothing, but the minute any kind of normalcy reasserts itself, gold will be worth what it always has been.

Old October 7th, 2009 #48
Rick Ronsavelle

March 17, 2006

Interviewer Jay Taylor: I think you and I both believe that the promiscuous money creation by the Fed will ultimately lead to the destruction of the dollar and our monetary system. When that happens, or as it approaches, do you think the Fed might once again confiscate our gold in order to disguise the problem? In other words, might they blame the messenger (gold), rather than the real reason for gold's rise vis -ŕvis paper money? Secondly, if you think there is a chance that the authorities might make owning gold illegal once again, do you think it would be equally likely that they would confiscate silver?

U.S. Congresman Ron Paul: I think it's possible for both gold and silver; and I know many people who are worried about it. I remember asking panelists on the Gold Commission for assurances that the federal government would never again resort to confiscating gold, and nobody would commit to it. It may seem a bit far-fetched today, but we should remember that governments always assert emergency "powers" during economic crises, as our own government demonstrated in the 1930s. Few Americans understand the true causes of the Depression even today, and still believe FDR's government programs magically cured the economy. So we should understand that public anger in the event of another economic depression may well be misdirected, and gold could be made a scapegoat.

http://www.usagold.com/analysis/confiscation.html

There was ONE prosecution in 1933, and it was overturned.

Trying to confiscate is not the same as doing it. Who hated the government in 1933?

Old October 7th, 2009 #49
L. Edwards
Migrant White worker

Quote:
If the dollar fails what faith with Americans put on a new currency like the Amero?

I guess if there is no options people will have to switch, but trust will already be gone and gold should shine brighter than ever. That's my two cents worth.

Old October 7th, 2009 #50
Rick Ronsavelle

Gold now over $1050.

Old October 7th, 2009 #51
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
No, unlike paper money, gold is inherently attractive. In a collapse, it's useful for procuring supplies from parties who have them. Sure, if you're going to die in half an hour unless you get A, B, or C it might be worth nothing, but the minute any kind of normalcy reasserts itself, gold will be worth what it always has been.
I know gold is perty but if the dollar collapsed then welcome to the global depression and widespread bartering. Commodity prices would explode. Things like sugar, wheat, oil. Real things that people want and need. Gold would be down on the list of things you need. If gasoline is not available for trucks to bring food to your town then your gold isn't going to be worth much in terms of quality of life.

Even a slow return to normalcy isn't going to help the gold hoarders situation. Think of it this way. You need food. I have food. I need medicine. You have no medicine but you offer me gold for my food. I say your gold is useless to me and use my guns to take your gold.

All your gold did for you was get you robbed or maybe worse.

Last edited by Steve B; October 7th, 2009 at 09:14 PM.

Old October 7th, 2009 #52
Rick Ronsavelle

You can't eat money during bad times, nor during good times. Therefore money is worthless.

Actually, money is one notch above barter. Money is used during bad times. Metals are great then- especially the smaller coins.

Old October 7th, 2009 #53
eugene stoner

Who hated the government in 1933?

Starving WW1 vets AKAthe bonus army) who camped out on the congress' front lawn and threatened washington for months until the congress voted in secret to screw them then made their way out of washington via secret tunnels unbeknownst to the BONUS ARMY, like thieving cowards in the night did they make their get away! OH!, and then ordered patton and mcarthur to attack ,arrest burn down, and dispense with the WW1 vets protest. Names INTENTIONALLY not capitolized as they "arent propper" so arent worthy of capitolization. Gotta agree with Steve b though i'm working on liquidating my eagles, krugerrands and others when the time/price is right (cant eat it) but will repurchase if price becomes right, when time is right. Right now i'm almost able to straight trade across for a small farm and buildable lots

Old October 7th, 2009 #54
Rick Ronsavelle

I meant to say- what fraction of the people hated the government? I think it is higher to-day.

Old October 7th, 2009 #55
eugene stoner

Yeah i agree a lot may have then but ALMOST EVERYONE does now!! sorry wasn't trying to a prick, i thought you were speaking literally not figuratively, no hostilities perceived here and none meant , just casual conversation.

Old October 7th, 2009 #56
eugene stoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post
Gold now over $1050.
Good news is the Chines are now saying PUBLICLY that they will be converting their dollar reserves into gold!, so this might just be beginning of the rocket ride!!, we'll see

Old October 7th, 2009 #57
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I know gold is perty but if the dollar collapsed then welcome to the global depression and widespread bartering. Commodity prices would explode. Things like sugar, wheat, oil. Real things that people want and need. Gold would be down on the list of things you need. If gasoline is not available for trucks to bring food to your town then your gold isn't going to be worth much in terms of quality of life.

Even a slow return to normalcy isn't going to help the gold hoarders situation. Think of it this way. You need food. I have food. I need medicine. You have no medicine but you offer me gold for my food. I say your gold is useless to me and use my guns to take your gold.

All your gold did for you was get you robbed or maybe worse.
Um...yeah, you're right. Gold is no protection against robbery.

???

In ordinary life, which includes most post-catastrophe scenarios, gold and silver are a useful means of exchange, their other function besides value-store (unlike paper). The problem with barter, obviously, is you have to have something the other guy wants or no go. Hence money. In a catastrophe, hence reliable money. Gold is always going to be worth something because it always has been worth something.

Your argument is like saying X (or Y) is worthless because any man with a gun can steal it from you.

Old October 7th, 2009 #58
Alex Linder
Administrator

I picture you, Steve, sitting there, screaming at your pile of gold coins:

"What good are you? You can't suck my dick, and you won't defend me against robbers!"

Um, no. No, they can't. That's not their purpose.

Choosing gold is not the same as not choosing guns. Have some guns, have some gold, have some women. They each have their uses.

Last edited by Alex Linder; October 7th, 2009 at 10:01 PM.

Old October 7th, 2009 #59
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
I picture you, Steve, sitting there, screaming at your pile of gold coins?

What good are you? You can't suck my dick, and you won't defend me against robbers!

Um, no. No, they can't. That's not their purpose.

Choosing gold is not the same as not choosing guns. Have some guns, have some gold, have some women. They each have their uses.
In a shtf scenario I will use my superior Aryan brain and skip the middleman(gold) and accumulate things that have actual uses like food, beer, guns and pussy.

Old October 7th, 2009 #60
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
In a shtf scenario I will use my superior Aryan brain and skip the middleman(gold) and accumulate things that have actual uses like food, beer, guns and pussy.
Ha, well, as long as you don't run into anybody who wants something you don't have, you'll be fine. Cuz the rest of us say gold does have an actual use: medium of exchange.

Tags
deflation, gary north, gold

Thread