Dietrich
out surfing. won't be back

Default Re: AA-12, Full-Auto Shotgun

I think I just carped myself.

Old February 11th, 2008 #3
Jett Rink
Banned

Kalashnikov has a full auto shotgun, I saw a video of it once.

Old February 11th, 2008 #4
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
Kalashnikov has a full auto shotgun, I saw a video of it once.
Probably referring to the Saiga, biggest pile of garbage for a shotgun next to the Smith and Wesson I have ever seen, held or shot.

Old February 11th, 2008 #5
Jett Rink
Banned

Nope, thats not it. It a big old thing that uses the same mechanism principals as the AK47.

Old February 11th, 2008 #6
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
Nope, thats not it. It a big old thing that uses the same mechanism principals as the AK47.
This shotgun had been developed by the IZHMASH Russian State Arms company in the early 1990s as a member of the whole family of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles, based on the famous and time-proven Kalashnikov AK-47 assault rifle design. All weapons in the Saiga family inherited the basic design of the AK-47, with long piston stroke gas drive, rotating bolt with two massive lugs, and box magazine feeding.

Old February 11th, 2008 #7
COTW
Overseer

Now that, is a

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old February 11th, 2008 #8
Todd in Ohio

Nice.

That'll be the first thing I take off of a ZOG-puppet's lifeless body.

Old February 11th, 2008 #9
Richard H.
Banned

Saw It On Weaponology....badass..especially The Explosive Grenade Rounds

Old February 11th, 2008 #10
T.J. McAllister

Quote:
Probably referring to the Saiga, biggest pile of garbage for a shotgun next to the Smith and Wesson I have ever seen, held or shot.
Wrong. The Saiga is probably the best defense-type shotgun available in the U.S. Especially when it's converted back to it's intended configuration. You may not like them, but they are proven.

Old February 12th, 2008 #11
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. McAllister View Post
Wrong. The Saiga is probably the best defense-type shotgun available in the U.S. Especially when it's converted back to it's intended configuration. You may not like them, but they are proven.
Have you ever shot one or just read about it in Guns and Ammo. I know all about them and they are complete junk. Once you get the thing loaded with a 5-round mag (10 round mags are almost impossible to get and bulky) it is ok.

You can shoot a 10 round tube magazine shotgun easier and they load much easier without all the bulky magazines to carry.

Throw your issue of Guns and Ammo in the garbage and pay a massive markup on the cheap piece of garbage, then you will see what I am talking about.

Old February 12th, 2008 #12
Todd in Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin View Post
Have you ever shot one or just read about it in Guns and Ammo. I know all about them and they are complete junk. Once you get the thing loaded with a 5-round mag (10 round mags are almost impossible to get and bulky) it is ok.

You can shoot a 10 round tube magazine shotgun easier and they load much easier without all the bulky magazines to carry.

Throw your issue of Guns and Ammo in the garbage and pay a massive markup on the cheap piece of garbage, then you will see what I am talking about.
I had a Saiga semi-auti .410 shotgun. I ran about 50 rounds through it with no problems. Though, 50 rounds isn't much of a test.

It was fun to shoot, but not so accurate. I ended up selling it.

Old February 12th, 2008 #13
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
I had a Saiga semi-auti .410 shotgun. I ran about 50 rounds through it with no problems. Though, 50 rounds isn't much of a test.

It was fun to shoot, but not so accurate. I ended up selling it.
They are not a bit accurate. They will however cycle. The problem is to get anything above a 5-round magazine you need a foot long magazine that is awkward. Those guns are basically made to go bang when you pull the trigger.

For the price you can get much better quality. I saw a Remington 870 with a 9 round magazine tube and a folding stock for less than a Saiga. 10 times the quality gun that is easier to move around.

To put a folding stock on a Saiga and make them look like the magazine ad’s a person would have to spend at least $600 or more. For that much money I could buy a Mossberg 12 guage, pistol, High Power Mosin sniper rifle and an AK.

Old February 17th, 2008 #14
J.Hartman

I have fired a Saiga 12 and a .410 not bad but not all that great either....the whole concept seems like a solution looking for a problem. I agree with sean on this one. Hell, a 10 round magazine goes for about $50. I will pass.

Sean also brings up a great point, a Remington 870 (or a Mossberg 500) can be had new or used and fully accessorized at a much lower cost and be just as effective. You will have plenty of cash left over for lots of ammo to hone your skills and practice with.

My personal "house shotgun" is a Winchester 1200, bought it used, accessorized with a folding stock, a light, extended mag tube and a good sling.

Old February 18th, 2008 #15
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Hartman View Post
a 10 round magazine goes for about $50. I will pass.
The 5 round magazines here are almost $40. They just laugh if you ask for a 10 round magazine. I am thinking $40 to throw 5 rounds into a shotgun isn’t much of a deal when I can buy an entire used shotgun for $100.
Quote:
Sean also brings up a great point, a Remington 870 (or a Mossberg 500) can be had new or used and fully accessorized at a much lower cost and be just as effective. You will have plenty of cash left over for lots of ammo to hone your skills and practice with.
Wal-Mart here sells cheap Mossberg’s for $169 new. They usually run $189 but are cheaper lately for some reason. They also have a really nice camouflage Charles Daily youth model 20 gauge with screw in chokes for $180. Small nice defense gun for anyone. Anyway since a Saiga costs almost $400 for a basic gun and $80 minimum price for an aftermarket stock, a person could purchase a super nice 10 round combat shotgun with all the trimmings and a lot more maneuverable for the price of a Saiga. Or a person could buy a Mossberg and customize it in just about anyway for the base price of a Saiga.

Quote:
My personal "house shotgun" is a Winchester 1200, bought it used, accessorized with a folding stock, a light, extended mag tube and a good sling.
Mom bought dad a nice Winchester 1200 that was engraved for $50 (used 1 season) back in the early 70’s and he has used it for hunting and personal defense for over 30 years. It is still in near mint condition.

Old February 18th, 2008 #16
JayDee
92G7MPB-L6

Is the AA-12 the one that they knick-named the "Ethnic Cleanser" or was I just daydreaming during that video?

Old January 25th, 2009 #17
Joey75

jewsign Saiga 12

Hey guys, check out how a car can be shot to pieces with a Saiga in 2 minutes -
That´s a shotgun of future

Old January 26th, 2009 #18
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Looks too bulky to be practical.

Old January 27th, 2009 #19
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Strange how the Geneva Conveention bans hollow-point bullets for military use

Old March 11th, 2009 #20
Xuxalina Rihhia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
Nice.

That'll be the first thing I take off of a ZOG-puppet's lifeless body.
There will be many to take them from! 88!

Thread