Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 24th, 2011 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Why is every third kid named Alex today?

I swear I have seen more people named Alex crop up in the last two years than in the rest of my life combined. It is starting to get bizarre.

Old January 24th, 2011 #2
varg

People are obviously naming their sons after you :P

Old January 24th, 2011 #3
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

Alex is in my top 5 list of boy's names for when I hopefully have a child. It is the best of both worlds really. It is a cute name for a child and also a nice strong name for a man. You do not often see both with the same name.

I even like it as a a girl's name. Shortened version of Alexandra.

FKA, Hitler Goddess, Starr

Old January 24th, 2011 #4
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Alex is in my top 5 list of boy's names for when I hopefully have a child.
Alex will be the most rambunctious of kittens.

Old January 24th, 2011 #5
Vijay Coomar
TNT NT-YT

Lightbulb

When I have little dotlets i will name one Alex and one Varg. Alex Coomar and Varg Coomar. Hmmm...I like the sound of it.

Join a gym. Get in shape. If women still hate you, well then that can't be changed, but as much as they hate you, they will still want to lay you. -Keifer

Old January 24th, 2011 #6
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I swear I have seen more people named Alex crop up in the last two years than in the rest of my life combined. It is starting to get bizarre.
And what's with all the Freds showing up on VNN forum lately? Some threads damned near everyone is named Fred.

Old January 24th, 2011 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
People are obviously naming their sons after you :P
Actually, I know two who have, no joke. Wasn't involved with either one, altho I knew one of them.

This is why I always laugh when people say we ought to "appeal" to people.

You know who has to appeal to people? People who don't have any appeal.

It is far better to be hated like Hitler than a respectuliferous Mr. Mehman. From a political POV.

Old January 24th, 2011 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Alex is in my top 5 list of boy's names for when I hopefully have a child. It is the best of both worlds really. It is a cute name for a child and also a nice strong name for a man. You do not often see both with the same name.
Really. I don't see it that way. It's an ok name, nothing to write home about. To me it smacks more intellectual than strong. Some will say it's not even a real name, it's just short for Alexander, but it's my full first name. The real problem is it tends to slide into a lot of last names. About 80% of people pay no attention to sound effects, but it is the most important part of a name. You can even be a nigger and have a beautiful made-up name, for example, Peerless Price. That is a cool and effective name. But anything ending in "s" sound can slide into most last names, making it irritating to pronounce.

Naming people is an art. I think namers should pay attention to 1) sound, 2) simplicity, 3) ethnicity. In that order. Don't give your kid some fucking obscene unspellable welsh name like Cyrnwallaghferrghimplyngrph. Yeah, you're Wellish. And you want the whole world to know. Yeah, that's fucking great. Don't visit your psychological problems on your kid, you dope. Have some respect for its not-youness. The kid will have to fill in a thousand forms, and it doesn't need to reminded what a looseknit its parents were every time it lifts a pen.

Quote:
When I was growing larger and more hateful, one never encountered girls named 'Alex,' even as a nickname. Nowaday there are many of them, and you even see imitation cute-flavored Alixes. Ugsome, itz.

I don't even mean babies, altho I said that, I mean every tom dick and harry that pops up on the internet is named Alex, seems like 1/3 of them. It's just rather odd. It was not that common a name. It seems to be getting much more common, for no obvious reason.

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 24th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old January 24th, 2011 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Streed View Post
And what's with all the Freds showing up on VNN forum lately? Some threads damned near everyone is named Fred.
DeSean's a fred too. Ha.

Old January 24th, 2011 #10
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
DeSean's a fred too. Ha.

Are you friggen serious? Maybe I should change my user name. Is Thorshammerofhate1488 taken?

Old January 24th, 2011 #11
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Streed View Post
Are you friggen serious? Maybe I should change my user name. Is Thorshammerofhate1488 taken?
No...you know "freds" for niggers. I think the late Jessie Helms once used it, to great declaim by the piping kikes.

Old January 24th, 2011 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

Balding and bespectacled, he spoke in a mild, mumbly voice; and even opponents lauded his courtliness. When Mr. Helms announced he would not seek reelection in 2002, Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del.) called him “one of the most thoughtful, considerate, and gracious senators I have ever served with.”

Yet in his eagerness to take extreme positions and exploit hot-button issues, Mr. Helms embraced the substance if not the style of such Southern firebrands as Mississippi’s Theodore Bilbo or South Carolina’s “Pitchfork” Ben Tillman.

The Wall Street Journal reported that he referred to African-Americans by the catch-all term “Fred” (e.g., “What does that Fred want?” “What did this Fred say?”). Filibustering against making Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday a national holiday, Mr. Helms called him a practitioner of “action-oriented Marxism” whose principles were “not compatible with the concepts of this country.”

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...r_senator.html

Old January 24th, 2011 #13
cillian

Quote:
I really don't like Alex as a girls name. I have a cousin named Alexandra and I'm the only one that doesn't call her Alex, and when other people call her Alex, I say, 'Who?'.

Old January 24th, 2011 #14
N.B. Forrest

Today's really pressing moniker issue is this alarming "Kayla" proliferation.

Old January 24th, 2011 #15
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Today's really pressing moniker issue is this alarming "Kayla" proliferation.
Is that like Caitlyn for retards?

Funny how names reveal class.

I remember when Ryan came into vogue. For a while there about 1/2 of all newborn males were named Ryan. It had to be due to that actor.

Old January 24th, 2011 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Alex is in my top 5 list of boy's names for when I hopefully have a child.
What, when you're eighty? You do know how childs happen, right?

I will give you till the end of this year to produce either:

1) a boyfriend to whom no fewer than 60% of VNN poll respondents believe you will eventually be engaged

or

2) a notarized scanned ultrasound picture of your baby-to-be

If neither of these is forthcoming, I shall be forced to rename you from Starr to The Barrenness here at VNN. Don't want to do it, Starr. Feel I owe it to you.

Old January 24th, 2011 #17
John Balmont

Maybe its because the name Alexander is Greek in origin and White parents want to avoid naming their kids with christling names such John, Matthew, Paul, Peter, Luke ...

Going back to those White roots and throwing the jew chimp off their shoulders even in these small subconscious ways . You shouldn't be complaining, Alex L. Its a good thing.

Old January 24th, 2011 #18
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Balmont View Post
Maybe its because the name Alexander is Greek in origin and White parents want to avoid naming their kids with christling names such John, Matthew, Paul, Peter, Luke ...

Going back to those White roots and throwing the jew chimp of their shoulders even in these small subconscious ways . You shouldn't be complaining, Alex L. Its a good thing.
Yes, I'm aware of that, and that's what I like most about the name Alex, that it's Greek rather than christian.

I'm no tasseled-loafer-wearing faggot named Michael. I'm an Alex!

Old January 24th, 2011 #19
AryanSpirit

My name is a German one, very proud of it

Last edited by AryanSpirit; January 24th, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Small typo

Old January 24th, 2011 #20
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that, and that's what I like most about the name Alex, that it's Greek rather than christian.

I'm no tasseled-loafer-wearing faggot named Michael. I'm an Alex!
When I started school it seemed like every other kid there was a Michael, Mike, or Mikey and at the beginning of every school year I had to insist to the teacher that I was to be called "Todd", my middle name, and that I didn't care that it was listed on her roster as Michael T. _____. That's what I was called at home anyway.
(By my folks, I won't say what my siblings called me.)

Thread