Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 12th, 2004 #1
heaven above

Default The best side arm

I prefer something like the Beretta. Reasonably small. Fairly accurate to shoot. Almost no kickback . OK for short range. Small calibre, yes. But fairly effective.

Old August 13th, 2004 #2
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

LOL OK stop kidding around now. 1911 .45 cal, hands down the choice of shooters.

beretta makes nice guns yes but they arent small, lol unless youre talking about the 32 tomcat which is a nice hideout

beretta makes a good shotgun...

if you have to carry 9mm, and you can choose, why not carry glock 17? natural pointer, I can hose down targets like gardener with that bitch in competition! light as shit, never fucks up, no goofy safeties, hell, its like like a revolver for all its simplicity of function.

for a med size piece that I can lawfully conceal, sometimes I favor a ppk frame whether it's my feg or my makarov. I'd not drop the coin for a walther, sorry.

Old August 13th, 2004 #3
Sean Martin

It depends on who you are and what season it is. In the winter you can carry a bigger gun because you have a coat and can conceal it better. Also people will be wearing more layers of clothing so you will need more knockdown power.

Another factor is where you are and what your laws are. If you live where guns are illegal then you don’t want to lug around a Desert Eagle, you would want something very compact. They just made a new 45 acp that is very compact and accurate, I forgot the name but it is the main story in last weeks shotgun news.

You must have something that fits your hand.

Also if you are a female a smaller caliber would be preferred.

I myself broke my right hand once, so I carry something that I can shoot multiple times. In the winter I carry a S&W 45 acp revolver, and in the summer a S&W 9mm because of it’s compact size.

My 45 is slim and with my shoulder holster it fits right under the lightest jacket without any detection.

If nothing else you can get a reliable Mackarov or Tokarov (Russian pistols) very reasonably priced around $100 and easy concealable.

Old August 13th, 2004 #4
Proud White Guy
Hates Jews,and Non-Whites

Talking

I agree with Antiochs. 45 caliber is the only way to go,and you need at least that much power to penetrate a niggers thick head.

If your are going to go with a 9mm,shoot the body,it lessens the chance of a bullet bouncin off Leroys thick head,and hurting you

Old August 13th, 2004 #5
Billy Roper

Default 10 mm

I carry a Glock model 20 10 mm. The 10 mm was going to be adopted by the Famous But Incompetent, but their female agents kept getting their dainty wrists cracked from the recoil. So, they went with the .40 instead. This means I carry heavier firepower than Fart, Belch, and Itch.

Unlike the .45, I can carry 17 rounds with a 15 rd. clip and +2 extender, and one in the pipe, with comparable knock-down power. It's not much larger than a standard .45 frame.

Dr. Pierce carried a Glock .45.

-Billy

Old August 13th, 2004 #6
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Roper
I carry a Glock model 20 10 mm. The 10 mm was going to be adopted by the Famous But Incompetent, but their female agents kept getting their dainty wrists cracked from the recoil. So, they went with the .40 instead. This means I carry heavier firepower than Fart, Belch, and Itch.

Unlike the .45, I can carry 17 rounds with a 15 rd. clip and +2 extender, and one in the pipe, with comparable knock-down power. It's not much larger than a standard .45 frame.

Dr. Pierce carried a Glock .45.

-Billy
oh, yeah, 10mm is great if you dont mind the cost of the ammo. Remember Don Johnson and his famous "Bren Ten?" That was before the Glock. Col Cooper was big on the 10mm as a substitute for the 45. but .40 seems to have caught on instead, I think because of certain manufacturing and reloading similarities to the 9x19 cartridge not shared by the 10mm.

Old August 13th, 2004 #7
heaven above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
Aren't you from England? Did you shoot in the military? What caliber are we talking about anyway? .380 auto, 9mm?

Beretta's are good guns alright but very pricey. Paying for the name.

Yep, I am ex-British Forces

Old August 13th, 2004 #8
heaven above

Hell you guys like the big weapons !

A .45 or bigger is too much in my opinion. I believe they developed the .44 magnum to stop car engines, and not to kill people.

A tiny above .22, with some speed, will suffice.

Headshots ? We were always told to do the body shots.

Old August 13th, 2004 #9
Bragi

Just give me a Desert Eagle. Big gun, but I'm a big man. The Deagle sends niggers to Yhwh post haste with extreme prejudice.

Old August 13th, 2004 #10
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
oh, yeah, 10mm is great if you dont mind the cost of the ammo.
That plus if the shit ever hit the fan the 10mm ammo might be hard to come by.

AE, if you're a model 1911 man like I am check out Wilson Combat. The best .45 custom handguns bar none!

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/index_pistol.htm

Old August 13th, 2004 #11
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bragi
Just give me a Desert Eagle. Big gun, but I'm a big man. The Deagle sends niggers to Yhwh post haste with extreme prejudice.

You would say something like that. A big bulky gun that is not half what it is cracked up to be. You have probably never shot a gun in your life.

Do you just sit around the house invading thread with your stupidity?

Take your Jew gun and give me German technology (Glock) any day.

Old August 13th, 2004 #12
Australianrage
Voice of the dark side.

Default .45 ACP wins

The best pistol calibre, in my opinion, is .45 ACP.
The best launch platforms for the round are the Colt 1911, or the Ruger in .45.
.45 ACP has twice the impact energy of 9mm. A torso hit within 25 metres of the muzzle is not survivable.
My personal preference is for the Ruger, because it is smaller than the Colt.
The Colt has a better safety system, but the Ruger's system is pretty good too.
All that you have to do with the Ruger is chamber the first round, then use the decocking level to ease the springs. After that, it can be holstered safely.
The first shot is double action. After that, it is like any other semi-automatic pistol.
For those who insist on a large magazine capacity, guys, get a grip.
A pistol is a last resort weapon of self defence. It is NOT an offensive weapon.
If you need more than two shots to get the job done you either (a) need more target practice, or (b) are in seriously deep shit because you are outnumbered.
If you are so outnumbered that you need 17 shots before you change magazines, you are going to be dead long before you get to the bottom of the magazine.
Been there, done that fellas.
If by the instrument of governmental power, a people is led towards its destruction, then rebellion is not only the right of every member of such a people . . . it is his duty. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. - Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

Old August 15th, 2004 #13
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
That's why my favorite pistol is my .357 magnum revolver. It's big enough to satisfy most customers, and you can put .38 cartridges into it if you don't have the regular ammo. I can shoot this pistol with good accuracy, like the time I bagged a bobcat from across my goat pasture. He never knew what hit him: one second he was watching my rooster and planning on having chicken for dinner, the next second his soul was in kitty heaven.

I also have a .22 Ruger mark 2 target pistol, semiauto. I figure that even if a .22 bullet doesn't kill him, it'll make a Bad Guy wish he'd left me alone and beg me not to send the next one right between his eyes. And .22 cartridges are still really cheap, so you can buy them by the thousands.

Did anybody notice a similarity in statements?

"If by the instrument of governmental power, a people is led towards it's destruction, then rebellion is not only the right of every member of such a people, it is his duty." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence

Two great minds. Of course they'd think alike on the essentials.

Jerry Abbott

Old August 16th, 2004 #14
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven above
Hell you guys like the big weapons !
Headshots ? We were always told to do the body shots.
aim center mass front sight picture and squeeze

Old August 16th, 2004 #15
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
Take your Jew gun and give me German technology (Glock) any day.
I think the Desert Eagle is manufactured by IMI! oops, wrong gun for a WN!

Old August 16th, 2004 #16
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/index_pistol.htm
yes those are top notch!

when I get my shekels saved up I'm getting the kimber custom TLE/II. and a surefire flashlight. I need something for low light.

Old August 16th, 2004 #17
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australianrage
The best pistol calibre, in my opinion, is .45 ACP.
The best launch platforms for the round are the Colt 1911..........For those who insist on a large magazine capacity, guys, get a grip. A pistol is a last resort weapon of self defence. It is NOT an offensive weapon.
If you need more than two shots to get the job done you either (a) need more target practice, or (b) are in seriously deep shit because you are outnumbered. If you are so outnumbered that you need 17 shots before you change magazines, you are going to be dead long before you get to the bottom of the magazine.
Been there, done that fellas.
WORDS OF WISDOM! THANK YOU.

Old August 16th, 2004 #18
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenab
I also have a .22 Ruger mark 2 target pistol, semiauto. I figure that even if a .22 bullet doesn't kill him, it'll make a Bad Guy wish he'd left me alone and beg me not to send the next one right between his eyes. And .22 cartridges are still really cheap, so you can buy them by the thousands.

Jerry Abbott
With a muzzle can? Like Oskar Jaeger? LOL

Old August 22nd, 2004 #19
Napoleon

It really depends on what situation you plan to find yourself. If you plan to kill someone rather than make someone run away, go with .45 ACP. The knockdown power is unbeatable. If you want lots of rounds to fire off like firecrackers, then go with 9mm or a .22., but don't expect the same results on your target. Overall, Glock is a great brand, so is Colt, S&W, and Sig Saeur. Firearms are like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Old August 22nd, 2004 #20
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon
If you plan to kill someone rather than make someone run away, go with .45 ACP. The knockdown power is unbeatable.
I have shot all these mentioned and believe me the 45 acp has nothing on the 10 mm much less the 44 mag or the 44 special or even the 41 mag.

But I would take a good 7.62x25 Russian any day. Good hollow points you have speed, unreal knockdown power, and the penetration with the size and almost the weight of the 9mm and it is an accurate round to.

But more mainstream is the 40 s&w, it is about the same as the 7.62 but not as fast nor is it as accurate.

Quote:
Firearms are like everything else, you get what you pay for.
That is the golden rule of firearms, if you buy a $99.00 Hi-point 9mm don't expect Glock quality.

Thread