VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 16th, 2008 #21
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Good they left the crowd response in, gives you a good sense of how different it was when white men ruled their country.
Lincoln spoketh with forked tongue. He not only freed 3.5 million niggers living among 5.5 million white southerners, he uniformed, trained, and armed 200,000 goddamned nigger buck apes, and ordered them to go kill white southerners. And he did so "when white men ruled their country".

Last edited by Rounder; August 17th, 2008 at 06:41 PM.

Old August 16th, 2008 #22
Bardamu
Banned

Very bad that niggers were brought here to begin with. That is the stain on the Southern Escutcheon, and American White men generally. I don't recall ever hearing that Germans imported Jews.

Old August 16th, 2008 #23
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
Next to the Germans under Hitler, I view Southerners under Lee and Jackson the most noble, courageous, and moral white men in history, for the simple reason true history proves it, not because I'm a southerner.
No argument from me. I have made the point before that the South, and Appalachia, are the only parts of the US to ever develope a real culture. I grew up in an area of California that was largely settled by Southerners. It showed back in the 1960s, but has now become just another cultureless part of the Kwa.

The South and Appalachia are, BTW, very different areas and peoples. They don't like each other very much either.

I spent 11 years in hillbilly country, in WV. I hated it at first, having spent my life until then in the western US. But I got used to it, became friends with the locals, learned how to deal with them, got comfortable there. When Marta and I left West Virginia to move back to the west coast I thought I was going home. HaHa! I have been homesick for West-by-gawd-Virginia ever since.

Old August 17th, 2008 #24
Rottenfuhrer
Auslander raus!

I'm truly surprised a blood relative of yours' would die in captivity. I figured he would just cooperate with his captors and rat out all his comrades in exchange for his freedom.

Old August 17th, 2008 #25
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenfuhrer View Post
I'm truly surprised a blood relative of yours' would die in captivity. I figured he would just cooperate with his captors and rat out all his comrades in exchange for his freedom.

Have you met 'Strich?

I was born in Kentucky, about 10 miles north of Tennessee. The family story is that my father worked one day in a coal mine (entire family on both sides were coal-miners, and many still are to this day) and swore never to return underground.

He never did. Moved North to work at the GM plant.

I grew up in a working-class neighborhood, 100% White, mostly Irish and German.

Within walking distance of our house was Camp Chase cemetery, where a couple of thousand Confederate soldiers who died in Union captivity at Camp Chase are interred.

During the Summer, a couple times every year my father would take us to the cemetery and my brothers and I would be tasked to clean up any litter that had blown in from the street. We were far from the only White people who did so, either.

I was mesmerized by the headstones, which gave a great deal of information about the men below them. Names, ages, units, which states they were from, etc. As a boy, I wondered what battles they had seen, and if their families ever knew what had happened to them.

My mom grew roses.

Early every fall on a perfect cloudless day she would clip all her roses and we would once again walk to Camp Chase and mom would put a rose on the grave of every soldier from Kentucky. (there were many)

I have not been to Camp Chase in almost 30 years. The area now is full of illegal Mexicans, Somalis, Hmong, you name it.

I bet nobody picks up the trash in Camp Chase anymore.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; August 17th, 2008 at 09:47 AM.

Old August 17th, 2008 #26
Rounder

I recommend the link below to those wanting to research civil war information about individual soldiers, north or south. Just type in the name and state if you don't know the regiment. It'll link you to the regiment number and to the individual's name listed in alphabetical order on the regiment's roster. Then google the regiment (for example: 5th North Carolina Infantry Regiment) for detailed stories about all the battles that particular regiment fought in.

http://www.civilwar.nps.gov/cwss/soldiers.cfm

Old August 17th, 2008 #27
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Streed View Post
No argument from me. I have made the point before that the South, and Appalachia, are the only parts of the US to ever develope a real culture. I grew up in an area of California that was largely settled by Southerners. It showed back in the 1960s, but has now become just another cultureless part of the Kwa.

The South and Appalachia are, BTW, very different areas and peoples. They don't like each other very much either.

I spent 11 years in hillbilly country, in WV. I hated it at first, having spent my life until then in the western US. But I got used to it, became friends with the locals, learned how to deal with them, got comfortable there. When Marta and I left West Virginia to move back to the west coast I thought I was going home. HaHa! I have been homesick for West-by-gawd-Virginia ever since.
Good story, Fred. And typical. I never spent much time in WVA though I drove an 18-wheeler thru there many times. (1991-2002).

Due to it's mountains and lack of jobs in agriculture to attract the muds, WVA might be the last state to become completely mongrelized.

I do wish they'd fought for the south, though. Maybe Doc can explain why they didn't.

(Btw, while I've got your attention, I sent you a batch of newspapers that you'd paid me for awhile back, but they came back marked "No such address". I wouldn't want you to think I'd ripped you off).

Old August 17th, 2008 #28
Kamerad Q

Quote:
Lincoln spoketh with forked tongue. He not only freed 3.5 million niggers living among 5.5 million white southerners, he uniformed, trained, and armed 200,000 goddamned nigger buck apes, and ordered them to go kill white southerners. And he did so "when white men ruled their country".
But it was the Christian thing to do. Glory, glory hallelujah… The sad fact is they never stopped marching on.

Old August 17th, 2008 #29
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

Quote:
I recommend the link below to those wanting to research civil war information about individual soldiers, north or south. Just type in the name and state if you don't know the regiment. It'll link you to the regiment number and to the individual's name listed in alphabetical order on the regiment's roster. Then google the regiment (for example: 5th North Carolina Infantry Regiment) for detailed stories about all the battles that particular regiment fought in.

Thanks, this is very useful. I know that siblings of my direct ancestors emigrated to America and settled in northern rural states like Wisconsin. Fortunately not one of them showed up in the Union Army.

Some other interesting finds:

Adam Hitler, 16 Massachusetts Infantry
Christian Hitler, 1st Regiment, US Reserve Corps, Missouri Infantry

Old August 17th, 2008 #30
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman van Houten View Post
Thanks, this is very useful. I know that siblings of my direct ancestors emigrated to America and settled in northern rural states like Wisconsin. Fortunately not one of them showed up in the Union Army.

You're welcome.

I'm fortunate in that two of my cousins have spent years researching our mutual Council lineage, though I just found out about it coupla weeks ago.

Here's an extract taken from their website (www.bjhughes.org/warrev.html showing two Councils who served in the Revolutionary War. The Robert Council, son of John Council and Josie Willis, is my great-great-great-great-great grandfather. (b.1700-d.1778). Let's see Alex top THAT.

COUNCIL, James 1716-1804 s/o John Council & Josie Willis - Served as paymaster, Wilmington, NC District

COUNCIL, Robert 1700-1778 s/o John Council and Josie Willis - Appointed Ensign 1/4/1776, promoted 7/7/1776, resigned because of illness 9/10/1776, reappointed Ensign in 1777 in Capt Bowman's Co, 1st Regmt under Col Thomas Clarke, promoted to 1st Lieutenant 8/20/1777. He was Capt of a Co of NC Dragoons 8/1/1778 and served until the close of the war. (State Records of NC by Clarke, Vol 13, pp 474-475) (The Councils from VA to NC, The Robert Council Line, by Irma Ragan Holland, 1978)

Damn, I'm tempted to get swell headed.

(Zat you, 999 ??)

Last edited by Rounder; August 17th, 2008 at 06:38 PM.

Old August 17th, 2008 #31
Rounder

Southerners were outnumbered 4 to 1 by northerners. (5.5 million to 22.5 million). Plus, those 5.5 million southerners had to hold down 3.5 million nigger slaves for 4 long years while they fought.

Amazing !!!

Still not confident with those odds, Lincoln insanely freed the 3.5 million GD niggers in an attempt to cause them to rise up and kill southerners, thus booster his chances of winning the war.

Still not confident enough, Lincoln trained and armed 200,000 niggers and sicc'ed them on southern white people.

Forget ?? Forget, Hell !!!

Since the feds did all that to white people in the 1860s "when white men ruled their country", just think what they'll do now that the GD kikes rule it.

"No Way Out But Thru The Jews" !!!! Bottom line.

Old August 18th, 2008 #32
FightForFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman van Houten View Post

If you've ever met anyone with the surname "Hiller", it's likely they were formally "Hitler".

Old August 18th, 2008 #33
blueskies
Banned

Quote:
5.5 million southerners had to hold down 3.5 million nigger slaves for 4 long years while they fought.
Interesting……. Southerners had to contain, house and feed the critters.

It would have been much cheaper if they had repatriated the cotton picking Negros back to Africa.

Why the South did not do so? Unlike the Nazis who fought for their existing, Southern Aristocrats fought for controling the markets, which relied on cheap labor.

Israel is in similar situation:Palestinians are enslaved cuz
the( hebes who don’t want to dirty their fingernails),wants others to do their nigger work and profit from it by keeping the wages down.

Rounder- I’m not breaking your chops……is just an observation.

Last edited by blueskies; August 18th, 2008 at 07:12 AM.

Old August 18th, 2008 #34
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Interesting……. Southerners had to contain, house and feed the critters.

It would have been much cheaper if they had repatriated the cotton picking Negros back to Africa.

Why the South did not do so? Unlike the Nazis who fought for their existing, Southern Aristocrats fought for controling the markets, which relied on cheap labor.

Israel is in similar situation:Palestinians are enslaved cuz
the( hebes who don’t want to dirty their fingernails),wants others to do their nigger work and profit from it by keeping the wages down.

Rounder- I’m not breaking your chops……is just an observation.
Well blueskies, I suspect they might've had a bit of difficulty (1861-65)fighting an enemy who outnumbered them 4 to 1 while shipping 3.5 million niggers back to Africa, at the same time. Previous to which, they lacked the governmental authority. They couldn't even ship cotton without federal approval and paying huge tariffs. Tariffs which btw, amounted to 60% of the feds annual revenue.

The southerners of 1861 inherited slavery. It had existed in the U.S. for over 200 years by then. And without the jews, there would have been no niggers in America, much less nigger slaves, in the first place.

Rich southerners (aristocrats) controlled niggers on plantations in order to maintain law, order, and civilization. And since it was impossible for southerners to ship them back to Africa because they lacked the authority to do so, there was no alternative to slavery except loosing 3.5 million apes among 5.5 million southern humans.

Old August 18th, 2008 #35
Signal

Excellent thread Glenn. I'm glad to see White people taking interest in their heritage. Without our ancestors we wouldn't be who we are. I've been researching my family's genealogy for years. It's at times very difficult work but always very rewarding.

Aside from the sites you listed concerning info on soldiers you can also contact the State Archives Department of the states in which your soldiers enlisted and obtain copies of their military records and pension records. Many times the pension records themselves will contain a great amount of information relevant to the family history (names of wives, children, places and dates of birth or death, etc).

Here's some info on a few Confederate soldiers from which I directly descend.

1.William W. Graham, Co D, 25th Batt'n (Provost Guard) GA Vol. Inf. – (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1824 in Georgia, died 1895 in Georgia. Enlisted in 1862 for the duration of the war and served on “special duty” at a military prison in middle Georgia. He was hospitalized near Macon, GA in August of 1864 suffering the loss of a couple of fingers.

2.Henry Thomas Wallace, Co E, 53rd Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-grandfather) born 1828 in Georgia, died 1911. Enlisted for service in 1862 for the duration of the war. He was wounded in the left thigh by canister shot on 17 September 1862 at Sharpsburg MD, and was captured there on 27 September 1862 and exchanged at Aiken's Landing 10 November 1862. He returned to duty and last appears on company muster rolls in February 1865, having spent much time in the hospital due to his wound from Sharpsburg. His pension records indicate that his wound from Sharpsburg gave him trouble for the rest of his life. He was awarded the Southern Cross of Honor by the UDC in 1910.

3.Brantley Duncan, Co K, 66th Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1821 in Georgia, died 1864. Enlisted in 1863. Details on his service are a bit sketchy but it appears that he died of typhoid fever in June of 1864 in LaGrange, GA and is buried there at Stonewall Cemetery.

4.Thompson W. Gunter, Co G, 43rd Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1818 in Georgia, died 1863 in captivity. Enlisted 1862 for a period of three years or the duration of the war. He was captured at the battle of Vicksburg, Mississippi in August 1863 and died on board a steamer while being transported from Vicksburg, MS to Mobile, Alabama and his body was “committed to the waters”.

5.Tillman H. Carter, Co I, 24th Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-grandfather) born 1828 in Georgia, died 1900. Enlisted in 1862 for the duration of the war. Served as a Sargent. Paroled at Burkeville, Virginia 17 April 1865.

6.George W. Oxford, Co A, 53rd Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1839 in Georgia, died 1913. Enlisted 1862 for three years or the duration of the war. Served as 2nd Lieutenant. He was wounded in the right thigh at the Battle of Gettysburg in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and captured there sometime between 3 July and 5 July 1863. On 21 July 1863 he was transferred to the Provost Marshall, New York and on 24 August 1863 he was paroled at DeCamp General Hospital, David's Island, New York Harbor. On 28 August 1863 George was in the Confederate States Hospital at Petersburg, Virginia. He returned to service and was captured at Sailors Creek, Virginia and turned over to Provost Marshall General, Army of the Potomac on 12 April 1865. He was sent to Washington on 13 April 1865 and appears on a register as a prisoner of war 14 April 1865 at Old Capitol Hill Prison, Washington, DC. He was sent to Johnson's Island, Ohio on 17 April 1865 appears on a roll of prisoners of war at Depot Prisons of War near Sandusky, Ohio on 19 April 1865.

7.James J. Wigley, Lumpkin's Artillery – (my great-great-grandfather) born 1847 in Georgia, died 1918. Enlisted in 1864 at the age of 16. Lumpkin's Artillery was a unit comprised of people who were considered either too young or too old for regular service. Lumpkin's Artillery was also the regiment that held the Union army off of Athens, GA using the famous “double barreled cannon”. It's my understanding that they only fired it once.

Again Rounder, excellent thread. For those interested in researching your family history, in the age of the internet genealogy research has come a long way from the dusty old records rooms at the county courthouse. You can find much info by researchers who post their work online as well as images of actual Census records and such at sites like Ancestry.com. Although Ancestry.com is a pay site, there is still a limited amount of info that can be found there for free. A great free resource is also the LDS site familysearch.org, although I caution users that the LDS does not verify the info submitted by it's members. The main reason they retain this info is that when someone joins the LDS church and submits their genealogical info is that these ancestors are then “baptized” by the LDS as Mormons in order to promote a “closer family relationship in the afterlife”. Familysearch.org is a great resource for leads, but I suggest double checking any info obtained there for accuracy.

This thread also brings to mind a suggestion.

Alex, what would be the chances of having a “genealogy” subforum here at VNN? I think that would be quite relevant to our interests.

Last edited by Signal; August 18th, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

Old August 18th, 2008 #36
blueskies
Banned

Quote:
They couldn't even ship cotton without federal approval and paying huge tariffs. Tariffs which btw, amounted to 60% of the feds annual revenue.
You’re right. The North had a huge Navy, therefore control the water, hence; commerce. That’s why the Southerners counter the mighty Navy with its first built submarine. Like the Nazis new rocket planes, it it was too little too late to muster up great numbers of the technologies.

Old August 18th, 2008 #37
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

I was born and raised in Chickamauga, GA - within quick walking distance of the battlefield.

I currently live in Chattanooga, TN. There is a Confederate cemetary near me and I regularly visit and make sure the flags are in place.

Old August 18th, 2008 #38
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Excellent thread Glenn. I'm glad to see White people taking interest in their heritage. Without our ancestors we wouldn't be who we are. I've been researching my family's genealogy for years. It's at times very difficult work but always very rewarding.

Aside from the sites you listed concerning info on soldiers you can also contact the State Archives Department of the states in which your soldiers enlisted and obtain copies of their military records and pension records. Many times the pension records themselves will contain a great amount of information relevant to the family history (names of wives, children, places and dates of birth or death, etc).

Here's some info on a few Confederate soldiers from which I directly descend.

1.William W. Graham, Co D, 25th Batt'n (Provost Guard) GA Vol. Inf. – (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1824 in Georgia, died 1895 in Georgia. Enlisted in 1862 for the duration of the war and served on “special duty” at a military prison in middle Georgia. He was hospitalized near Macon, GA in August of 1864 suffering the loss of a couple of fingers.

2.Henry Thomas Wallace, Co E, 53rd Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-grandfather) born 1828 in Georgia, died 1911. Enlisted for service in 1862 for the duration of the war. He was wounded in the left thigh by canister shot on 17 September 1862 at Sharpsburg MD, and was captured there on 27 September 1862 and exchanged at Aiken's Landing 10 November 1862. He returned to duty and last appears on company muster rolls in February 1865, having spent much time in the hospital due to his wound from Sharpsburg. His pension records indicate that his wound from Sharpsburg gave him trouble for the rest of his life. He was awarded the Southern Cross of Honor by the UDC in 1910.

3.Brantley Duncan, Co K, 66th Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1821 in Georgia, died 1864. Enlisted in 1863. Details on his service are a bit sketchy but it appears that he died of typhoid fever in June of 1864 in LaGrange, GA and is buried there at Stonewall Cemetery.

4.Thompson W. Gunter, Co G, 43rd Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1818 in Georgia, died 1863 in captivity. Enlisted 1862 for a period of three years or the duration of the war. He was captured at the battle of Vicksburg, Mississippi in August 1863 and died on board a steamer while being transported from Vicksburg, MS to Mobile, Alabama and his body was “committed to the waters”.

5.Tillman H. Carter, Co I, 24th Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-grandfather) born 1828 in Georgia, died 1900. Enlisted in 1862 for the duration of the war. Served as a Sargent. Paroled at Burkeville, Virginia 17 April 1865.

6.George W. Oxford, Co A, 53rd Reg, GA Vol. Inf. -- (my great-great-great-grandfather) born 1839 in Georgia, died 1913. Enlisted 1862 for three years or the duration of the war. Served as 2nd Lieutenant. He was wounded in the right thigh at the Battle of Gettysburg in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and captured there sometime between 3 July and 5 July 1863. On 21 July 1863 he was transferred to the Provost Marshall, New York and on 24 August 1863 he was paroled at DeCamp General Hospital, David's Island, New York Harbor. On 28 August 1863 George was in the Confederate States Hospital at Petersburg, Virginia. He returned to service and was captured at Sailors Creek, Virginia and turned over to Provost Marshall General, Army of the Potomac on 12 April 1865. He was sent to Washington on 13 April 1865 and appears on a register as a prisoner of war 14 April 1865 at Old Capitol Hill Prison, Washington, DC. He was sent to Johnson's Island, Ohio on 17 April 1865 appears on a roll of prisoners of war at Depot Prisons of War near Sandusky, Ohio on 19 April 1865.

7.James J. Wigley, Lumpkin's Artillery – (my great-great-grandfather) born 1847 in Georgia, died 1918. Enlisted in 1864 at the age of 16. Lumpkin's Artillery was a unit comprised of people who were considered either too young or too old for regular service. Lumpkin's Artillery was also the regiment that held the Union army off of Athens, GA using the famous “double barreled cannon”. It's my understanding that they only fired it once.

Again Rounder, excellent thread. For those interested in researching your family history, in the age of the internet genealogy research has come a long way from the dusty old records rooms at the county courthouse. You can find much info by researchers who post their work online as well as images of actual Census records and such at sites like Ancestry.com. Although Ancestry.com is a pay site, there is still a limited amount of info that can be found there for free. A great free resource is also the LDS site familysearch.org, although I caution users that the LDS does not verify the info submitted by it's members. The main reason they retain this info is that when someone joins the LDS church and submits their genealogical info is that these ancestors are then “baptized” by the LDS as Mormons in order to promote a “closer family relationship in the afterlife”. Familysearch.org is a great resource for leads, but I suggest double checking any info obtained there for accuracy.

This thread also brings to mind a suggestion.

Alex, what would be the chances of having a “genealogy” subforum here at VNN? I think that would be quite relevant to our interests.
That a damn impressive family war record, Signal. Thanks for sharing it. I'll PM Alex and ask him to establish a genealogy sub-form.

I see your forefather Wallace was wounded and also captured during the battle of Sharpsburg in September 1862, as was my great-great grandfather Mathew Addison Council. Though, mine died 3 months later at age 27 on 14 December 1862 in the POW camp at Finn's Point, Delaware, after being marched there by his captors from Sharpsburg, Maryland.

His widow, Lucetta Upchurch Council, according to family records "took up with another Confederate soldier by the name of George S. Williams, got knocked up, and was excommunicated from the church." She and Mathew only had one child who was my great-grandfather, James Henderson Claude Council, only 4 years old when his father died. That only child produced 8 children, including my grandmother, and those 8 produced 35 grandchildren and 25 great grandchildren by the time of James' death in 1932, and lots more afterwards, including me (born 1940).

But she married the Williams fellow in December 1865 and they went on to have 10 children together. I have a copy of their family photo taken in 1907 and also a copy of their marriage certificate.

Old August 18th, 2008 #39
Ironguard1940

Default Glenn by a mile

It sounds like you win, Rounder. It is good to come back to VNN after a somewhat lengthy respite and see a thread that I actually enjoy reading.

I am sure that I had relatives that fought for the CSA, but I cannot confirm that. I can confirm that NONE of them fought for the goddamn niggerloving yankee army.

Every time I raise my Confederate Battle Flag, I think of every one of the hundreds of thousands of White Southern boys that died defending Dixie. Now at least a dozen more have a name we can honor.

Old August 19th, 2008 #40
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironguard1940 View Post
It sounds like you win, Rounder. It is good to come back to VNN after a somewhat lengthy respite and see a thread that I actually enjoy reading.

I am sure that I had relatives that fought for the CSA, but I cannot confirm that. I can confirm that NONE of them fought for the goddamn niggerloving yankee army.

Every time I raise my Confederate Battle Flag, I think of every one of the hundreds of thousands of White Southern boys that died defending Dixie. Now at least a dozen more have a name we can honor.
But you CAN "confirm" you ancestors who fought in the Civil War, if you know any of their names, Ironguard1940:

Up until 2-3 week ago, I knew absolutely nothing about my Civil War ancestors. Not even one from either of my 4 grandparents' geneology (Miller, Allen, Council, Horne).

Now I've learned that one of my great-great grandfathers (Mathew Addison Council) and all 6 of his brothers fought for the south in the civil war, and 4 of them were killed, and another wounded. Named, Mathew A, Dorsey, Paschal B, Albert Carberry, Calvin, George S, and Robert J Council.

Fascinates and inspires the hell outa me.

(Thanks Alex, for establishing this geneology sub-forum. But on 2nd thought, it'll receive few geneologies because they might result in outing VNN'ers who post their's. Yet another example of self censorship by "white men" afraid to say who their ancestors were, much less who THEY are)

Last edited by Rounder; August 19th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.

Thread