VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 2nd, 2015 #1
JosephDamsell
Banned

Default General Questions

Hey I'm new here, and I wanted to ask my fellow WN's what they think of these topics:
Blacks in America
Israel
Mixed race (and to what degree until someone is white)
Jews in America
Hitler and his actions
Obama
Hope you don't find this bothersome, I'm new and looking for answers.

Old February 3rd, 2015 #2
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Cool

the answer to all your to your inquiries can be found anywhere and everywhere in the pages heer. start digging.

Old September 5th, 2015 #3
Cale Sparks
anti-American

Default Jewish immigration (1880's - 1914)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDamsell View Post
Jews in America
(from wiki)

Between 1880 and the start of World War I in 1914, about 2,000,000 Yiddish-speaking Ashkenazi Jews immigrated from diaspora communities in Eastern Europe, where repeated pogroms made life untenable. They came from Jewish diaspora communities of Russia, the Pale of Settlement (modern Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova), and the Russian-controlled portions of Poland. The latter group clustered in New York City, created the garment industry there, which supplied the dry goods stores across the country, and were heavily engaged in the trade unions. They immigrated alongside indigenous eastern and southern European immigrants, which was unlike the historically predominant American demographic from northern and western Europe; Records indicate between 1880 and 1920 that these new immigrants rose from less than five percent of all European immigrants to nearly 50%.

This feared change caused renewed nativist sentiment, the birth of the Immigration Restriction League, and congressional studies by the Dillingham Commission from 1907 to 1911. The Emergency Quota Act of 1921 established immigration restrictions specifically on these groups, and the Immigration Act of 1924 further tightened and codified these limits. With the ensuing Great Depression, and despite worsening conditions for Jews in Europe, with the rise of Nazi Germany, these quotas remained in place with minor alterations until the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States

Thread