Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > Australia
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old December 15th, 2014 #1
Ian Smith son

Post #I'llridewithyou: Celebrities and tens of thousands of everyday Twitter users take to social media to show support for Muslim community

Radio hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie 'O' Henderson are behind the movement

#I'llridewithyou: Celebrities and tens of thousands of everyday Twitter users take to social media to show support for Muslim community

Australians have flocked to social media to show solidarity with the Muslim community in the wake of the Martin Place hostage crisis #illridewithyou has had 112,000 mentions across Twitter and Facebook The campaign offers members of the Islamic faith lifts to work or protection if they feel frightened to wear their religious clothing while catching public transport Media personalities such as Harry Kewell, Kyle and Jackie O, and Daniel McPherson have all shown their support for the movement South Australian Premier Jay Wetherwill and Opposition leader Bill Shorten, as well as ASIO have joined the campaign

Twelve hours after the Lindt Cafe hostage crisis in Sydney began to unfold, Australians have flooded social media with sentiments of solidarity and support of Muslims in the community. Twitter user Sir Tessa began what has become a worldwide phenomenon, offering to sit next to members of the Islamic faith on transport if they were frightened to be seen in public wearing religious clothing. The 'I'll ride with you' hashtag has garnered over 112,000 mentions across social media, with people all over the world jumping on board the movement in an effort to turn the terrifying events of Monday into something positive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...community.html

Thread