VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 2nd, 2012 #21
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmenomore
I like it, but if they have as much trouble getting this new piece to market as they've had with the PMR-30, then it will just be a lot of hoop-lah about not much, and everyone will end up pissed off.

I hope it will work out better, because I'd like to have one.
Product releases are tricky business. You have at least three departments in all manufacturing companies that need to align, the marketing men who think that the engineers are trying to hold them back from being successful and don't understand the time value of being first to market, the engineers (development) who are never happy with the compromise being forced upon them from management and would probably never release anything on their own if not forced to do so, and then the production men who will claim that the engineers designed a product that can't be built. Because the customer only hears from the marketing men, who are by nature overly optimistic and can't hold their tongues, the actual release never appears timely.

The take-away here: Burn salesmen at the stake, worship the engineers as false idols, and hope your product wasn't made on a monday or friday.

Tags
bullpup shotgun, kel tec, keltec, ksg, pump action shotgun

Thread