Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 10th, 2007 #1
Commoner

Default Fighting Systems.

Does anyone know of a good fighting system/martial art for a beginner with no martial arts experience? Something appropriate for everyday, all around self defense. There are many to choose from out there, so maybe someone with experience could recommend one. Thanks.

Old March 10th, 2007 #2
Subrosa
Banned

Default Muay Thai

The system of 8 weapons: hands, feet, knees, elbows. You don't need to get into deep yoga trances or study buddha or worry about belts. You just need to be the best.

"In Muay Thai and kickboxing, you don't try to kick to your target, you try to kick through your target".
http://www.groundfighter.com/uploads...20Thai%204.WMV

Watch how he kicks here:
http://www.groundfighter.com/uploads...20Thai%208.WMV

The whole set:

http://www.groundfighter.com/details/prodid/133.html

Highly recommended.

Old March 10th, 2007 #3
ngrh8r
Banned

I second the vote for Muay Thai.
It never hurts to crosstrain in a grappling art like judo, BJJ or even wrestling.
Watch a class, and make sure that they do some hard sparring. Buy a few icepacks to keep in the freezer.

Old March 10th, 2007 #4
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

Forget all that chink shit you fucking melonheads!!

As always, the best fighting systems are White fighting systems.

TFT & the 'murder by numbers' system which was actually banned by congress.

Old March 10th, 2007 #5
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Orion View Post
Forget all that chink shit you fucking melonheads!!

As always, the best fighting systems are White fighting systems.

TFT & the 'murder by numbers' system which was actually banned by congress.

Fuck you and your queer little military roleplaying.
Only an asshole snakeoil salesman would use the term 'murder' when naming a style.

You clearly have trained in neither real martial arts nor any type of military combatives.
Shut your fucking cumstained bitch mouth and let the big boys talk of things a coward like you will never experience.

Old March 10th, 2007 #6
Subrosa
Banned

I second that. How gay can you get?!

Savate is French martial arts. The gym I trained at taught both Muay Thai and Savate, the stick fighting part. It's not illegal to carry a cane around with you in most places, and if you need to use it, Savate is the way to go. You also train with heavy boots, for all you doc marten types out there

http://www.usadojo.com/styles/about-savate.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate

Old March 10th, 2007 #7
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa View Post
I second that. How gay can you get?!

Savate is French martial arts. The gym I trained at taught both Muay Thai and Savate, the stick fighting part. It's not illegal to carry a cane around with you in most places, and if you need to use it, Savate is the way to go. You also train with heavy boots, for all you doc marten types out there

http://www.usadojo.com/styles/about-savate.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate

Boots!?
I thought they quit using footwear because dudes' legs would have chunks of flesh missing. We'll have to go a couple rounds of standup if I ever get to meet you in person. Savate would become a lot more common if they got rid of the unitard. American men just have this thing about wearing spandex.
Rashguards don't count. They stop looking so gay after you get your first case of ringworm of staph. Every gym has a couple scumbags that don't like to wash.

On the subject of an art being "White", consider this:
There are only so many ways to use the body as a weapon, and most warrior cultures around the world came to the same conclusions regarding what works and what doesn't.
I fucking guarantee that the round kick, both with the shin and with the boot tip, were known and used in Europe. Same with jab, cross and thrust kick. The same applies to grappling. You can see armbars and keylocks in medieval European fighting manuals.

I've also seen some pretty convincing evidence that a large part of modern Muay Thai was taken from Savate and boxing, which were introduced by the French and English.

I personally don't give two shits and a fuck who invented or named a given technique or style. Results are all that matters, and fair fights are for suckers.

Old March 10th, 2007 #8
Apollon Deux Mille
Banned

Lightbulb

You may have missed the last few million years of technological development...

Old March 10th, 2007 #9
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollon Deux Mille View Post

You may have missed the last few million years of technological development...
Famous last words.

I think guns are great, but there will always be times and places where you are unable to access your piece.
From a very close range, you may not have time to draw and shoot.

If you're able, I think you should carry a gun, AND a knife, AND train your ass off in unarmed combat.

Old March 11th, 2007 #10
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

You filthy fucking cockfaced maggot!

Tim Larkin and his TFT http://www.targetfocustraining.com is highly regarded by those in the know, one of whom you clearly are not.

you probably frequent some 'dojo' and kowtow to some little slanty eyed bastard, brownosing him in the hopes he will teach you the next 'death touch of the funky chickens foot' secret move.

I bet you know all the kata's and would get clocked by the first nigger you come across on the street.

what the fuck kind of nonsensical name is that anyway? it looks like something typical of either a 13yr old boy who likes to pretend he's a big man, or an obese computer geek.

My guess is the latter.

Allright, so I haven't actually checked out the accelerated battlefield combatatives yet, but I do train in TFT and would dearly love to school you in person, but in the meantime, say hello to my ignore list, you wretched sack of shit.

and subrosa, you fucking wanna be jihadist, you can chew my big knobbly one.

Old March 11th, 2007 #11
ngrh8r
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Mental breakdowns crack me up. It's even funnier than dumbshits who try to neg rep me, but they don't have enough posts for it to make a difference.

You're a deadly warrior because you bought some asshole's training video.

Old March 11th, 2007 #12
ngrh8r
Banned

From this asshole's link:

Quote:
Because... facing one of these thugs can be a terrifying experience!

But It needn't be. In fact, handling one of these self defense situations is really much easier than you might imagine, even if...

You've never been in a real fight in your life,
You're way out-of-shape (real fights end in seconds; this isn't the movies),
You have physical limitations (we just gave a totally blind man his own set of self defense skills),
You're old (a member of our Mastery program was 62),
You're small (a 120-pound woman once cracked the sternum of a 240-pound guy with a simple palm strike),
You've got no time to practice self defense...
Or... any of a hundred other "things" you might think restrict you.

ROFL! You don't even need to practice!
It even works for the elderly and THE BLIND!

Old March 11th, 2007 #13
ngrh8r
Banned

[QUOTE=14Orion;516463
Allright, so I haven't actually checked out the accelerated battlefield combatatives yet, but I do train in TFT and would dearly love to school you in person, but in the meantime, say hello to my ignore list, you wretched sack of shit.[/QUOTE]

You come on over to Jersey any time you want to "school" me, little boy.
We can do this with blades, if you prefer.

Old March 11th, 2007 #14
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

Well well, 3 replies from this terdmuncher.

Guess I must have hit a nerve.

I wonder.... was it the karateka, the ignoramous, or the obese computer geek wich did it. probably all three, which are no doubt, true.

and I'll bet there was some verbal diarhea about, 'you can fly halfway around the world and come to new jersey to kick my ass'. predictable.

As if this little slopehead worshiper is worth the steam from my shit.

Old March 11th, 2007 #15
Ronen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commoner View Post
Does anyone know of a good fighting system/martial art for a beginner with no martial arts experience? Something appropriate for everyday, all around self defense. There are many to choose from out there, so maybe someone with experience could recommend one. Thanks.
As far as standup fighting goes, I trained Kenpo Karate for a few years and liked it. You'll learn basic striking, kicking, and blocks, in addition to joint locks and breaks. If you do join a dojo, make sure you join one that definitely includes frequent sparring sessions. This is where you really learn to apply what you've learned. If people aren't sparring and are just concentrating on learning their forms and getting tested and collecting belts, don't waste your time.

Old March 11th, 2007 #16
ModernWarrior

One can become proficient much more quickly with a firearm. Martial arts have their place but it takes serious dedication, time, and a certain degree of physical fitness to be effective fighting empty handed. I suggest obtaining a firearm first and learning to use it while getting into shape and beginning to learn a martial art. That way you have an effective means of defending yourself right now.

Old March 12th, 2007 #17
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronen View Post
If you do join a dojo, make sure you join one that definitely includes frequent sparring sessions. This is where you really learn to apply what you've learned. If people aren't sparring and are just concentrating on learning their forms and getting tested and collecting belts, don't waste your time.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Hard sparring is what it all comes down to.
This is the reason that boxers are often able to defeat other stylists; they're used to hitting a resisting target, and used to getting hit.

Old March 16th, 2007 #18
Alias1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Orion View Post
You filthy fucking cockfaced maggot!

Tim Larkin and his TFT http://www.targetfocustraining.com is highly regarded by those in the know, one of whom you clearly are not.

you probably frequent some 'dojo' and kowtow to some little slanty eyed bastard, brownosing him in the hopes he will teach you the next 'death touch of the funky chickens foot' secret move.

I bet you know all the kata's and would get clocked by the first nigger you come across on the street.

what the fuck kind of nonsensical name is that anyway? it looks like something typical of either a 13yr old boy who likes to pretend he's a big man, or an obese computer geek.

My guess is the latter.

Allright, so I haven't actually checked out the accelerated battlefield combatatives yet, but I do train in TFT and would dearly love to school you in person, but in the meantime, say hello to my ignore list, you wretched sack of shit.

and subrosa, you fucking wanna be jihadist, you can chew my big knobbly one.
Dude why are you giving this great information to these guys? They'll teach it to the Chinks. Come on man. It's bad enough as it is that you overstayed your visa. And you think no one here knows about your visa expiring in January?

Old March 17th, 2007 #19
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrh8r View Post
Famous last words.

I think guns are great, but there will always be times and places where you are unable to access your piece.
From a very close range, you may not have time to draw and shoot.

If you're able, I think you should carry a gun, AND a knife, AND train your ass off in unarmed combat.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6003342147853&

Best to have a good set of running shoes and train in the 100 m sprint.

Quote:
Myth: It is unfair for a cop or citizen to shoot a criminal who is "ONLY" wielding a knife.
Fact: We hear this BS in IA hearings all the time. Those "Citizen shooting review boards" (as in San Francisco) are the WORST. These IDIOTS don't have a clue how lucky an officer was to have stopped a knife attack with a gun in the first place, and we tell them so in non diplomatic terms. Use this to your advantage: kill your gun attacker with a knife, and breeze by the stupid jury!! Moral: if you do shoot a knife wielder, watch out!
http://www.bladecombat.com/knifemyths.html

Old March 17th, 2007 #20
Subrosa
Banned

The object is to get the fight over as soon as possible with little or no damage to yourself. Running in lead-lined boots is great for conditioning, but if you don't know how to put down an opponent quickly, you're only going to walk away (if at all) with aches and pains for the next few days, and possibly permanent damage.

I've seen big dudes that were in excellent shape get their asses kicked because they didn't know how to fight.

Thread