VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 6th, 2009 #41
Mark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanVP View Post
So Frank Mir, who is only ranked as high as he is because of his recent win over Big Nog is the one Fedor has to fight to prove he's #1?
Come on, that was a total domination, not just a win.

Frank Mir had a bad motorcycle accident, he had a long physical and mental recovery from that. I had my doubts about him after that accident, but after his last performance, I think it's safe to say he's back in top form.

My main point is not to steal any thunder from Fedor, I just want to see him ascend to the top of the mountain and plant his flag.

I liked Pride, the only other MMA organization that was quality, but these others ones are a shadow of the UFC, in my opinion.

Quote:
I'm sorry. Frank Mir is the one who has something to prove, and has to earn a shot against Fedor.
He will prove in his next fight with Lesnar that he is the best or not. But it's uncertain if we'll ever see the proof with Fedor.

Quote:
The only two guys on Myles list that were has beens are Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman. Andrei Arlovski left UFC on a win streak. He's definately not a has been.
He left the UFC for a reason.

Silvia beat him twice... so why would they think he would be a challenge for Fedor, who demolished Silvia?

Who could they possibly put against Fedor that is even remotely exciting or challenging in their organization? He should fight in the UFC just for that reason.

Quote:
And so what about Crocops loss to Gonzaga? He also lost to Kevin Randleman in similar fashion. Everyone loses. Fighting under UFCs banner doesn't automatically make you better.
Sure, but the way in which you lose or win is important. Crocop lost a lot of his mystique after he was shut down by Gonzaga, particularly because he was totally knocked out in the same way that Crocop used to knock people out. Talk about a heaping helping of humble pie.

Maybe Dana can work something out with Fedor to invigorate the heavyweight division in the UFC after Lesnar and Mir.

Thread