Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 14th, 2012 #61
Sebastian

I'm not a huge fan of the place names. I know a lot of people love them though.

Dakota, Cheyenne, Paris, Brooklyn, Savannah, etc.

Old July 14th, 2012 #62
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Some new school names are so faggotty, I will refuse to say them. I worked with a guy named Prentice, whom I just referred to as "P" because I felt like a queer just saying his name.

Old July 14th, 2012 #63
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
If it sounds like a last name, don't use it as a first name: "Oh look - there goes Macaulay Jeremiah Bumpass, of the Sunnyvale Trailer Park Bumpasses!"
Sons a-bitchin' Bumpuses!

Old July 14th, 2012 #64
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Randall View Post

This place is an enigma to me. I see some fine writers here but a lot of what is said here puts me in mind of white niggers.

I am appalled.
Yeah, we get that a lot.

Old July 14th, 2012 #65
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson
I hate to tell you, but there is absolutely ZERO chance that ANY amount of "social influence" could make me suck dick.
Well you're not a small boy in 21st century amuriKWA with the first name 'lucian'.

I ask you, folks, is there a more faggotrocious formula for queerosity? Not likely.

Old July 14th, 2012 #66
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I don't find that more names adds anything, if anything it's occasionally impractical. Even three names doesn't really seem necessary. How relevant are any middle names? They appear on a form or two, but you never use them.
I always thought the purpose of a middle name was, just in case your kid really hated their first name they could go by another name without making up an alias.

Old July 14th, 2012 #67
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Randall View Post
"A class thing"?

That is as rich as a butcher's turd, quite frankly.

I do not know what passes for class where you come from but trying to take the piss out of the names of comrades' children in a shabby attempt to liven up your board is not my idea of class. In fact this is more akin to the actions of a Jewish shill.
Listen up, brainless. I started this thread with an article I liked. AA chimed in with his own children's names. Several of which obviously fit what the author Magary was talking about. Someone pointed that out. I pointed out that AA's class isn't capable of figuring this out. AA responded with a demand that I comment on the names he gave his children. Which I did.

Something your class doesn't realize: people who actually are what your ilk would call classy (without ever actually knowing what they're talking about) would never use the term.

Quote:
This place is an enigma to me. I see some fine writers here but a lot of what is said here puts me in mind of white niggers.

I am appalled.
It's an enigma because you're not very smart.

"I am appalled."

Only women talk like that. Maybe you should go bra shopping or something, and leave the serious discussions to the men, eh peaches?

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 14th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Old July 14th, 2012 #68
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
I always thought the purpose of a middle name was, just in case your kid really hated their first name they could go by another name without making up an alias.
I think there are many reasons why people give middle names to children, but the main one is because of tradition. Also it probably helps to give a certain amount of insight into the person's background - an indication of the class and values of the family that they come from.

People who give their children nicknames - "Bobby Joe", instead of Robert Joseph; or "Billy Bob" rather than William Robert, are making a statement as well - that they scorn sophistication.

Old July 14th, 2012 #69
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. View Post
The man makes the name, not the other way around.

Parents who give their children names that are way out of left field are demonstrating insecurity and desires for cheap attention.

Then there are niggers, who just name their kids after whatever snack she happened to get out of the hospital vending machine.

And how much more prestigious is it when you are just another 'Mark', but the one everyone thinks of first when they hear the name.
Yeah, you kind of notice this on google, how high up someone you're searching is among others with same first or last name.

Old July 14th, 2012 #70
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
If it sounds like a last name, don't use it as a first name: "Oh look - there goes Macaulay Jeremiah Bumpass, of the Sunnyvale Trailer Park Bumpasses!"
Yep.

Best example is MacKenzie. Kind of a cool last name, but unutterably pretentious as a first name, esp. for a girl.

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 14th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Old July 14th, 2012 #71
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
Today I was looking through baby name lists on a parenting forum.

Some of these names are absolutely horrible and I can't comprehend how people could actually consider them for the name of their child, let alone go through with it and name them that.

Here are some of the more particularly horrible ones from a discussion about 'manly' masculine names for boys:

Gage
Ryker
McCoy
Grady
Buckshot
Cale
Brecken
Bridger
Keegan
Rawson
Crawfin
Rayen
Cooper
Westley
Kai
Corbin
Raymin
Jace
Landon
Tyree
Coty
Zeke
Zake
Henzley
Teagan

One woman suggested "My son's name is Ryder Greer and I find that his name as a big input on people."

I knew a girl who named her daughter Kinlee... not chinese. A white girl.
I knew a little blonde girl named Charity.
There was an Italian girl, not sure how her name was spelled, but spoken it sounded like Tits-ee-anna.

I find it extremely difficult to come up with good names for children. I don't like names that are too common (like Hannah, Emma, Emily, etc) and I hate it that a bunch of names that are thought of as 'white' names are actually biblical and come from Hebrew names (Michael, Joseph, Mark, etc).
Those are Scotch-Irish / white-trash names that sound like they come out of a special-needs Western.

Old July 14th, 2012 #72
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Hmmm...funny. I've seen people here calling my 10 yr old son a faggot. No different than the Antifa wanting to rape my 7 yr old daughter. What does that say about you? A name ? Really? A fucking name?

Pathetic.
Many times a name conveys a great deal of information. It tells us the mindset and quality of the parents, many times, which implies a good deal about the offspring. Not too many times does the apple fall too far from the tree.

If hear the name 'Cody,' for example, I think I have a pretty good read on what I'm dealing with, even knowing nothing else about him.

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 14th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Old July 14th, 2012 #73
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Oh, I have no doubt about that.
I think our little friend, while possessed of a respectable urge for weight and decoration, doesn't quite get how it works.

It starts by being what you are. And plugging away. And maybe one day you wake up and...who knows? Maybe your line has arrived. But you can't get there by a verbal leap, and attempting that only puts you back a few spaces.

Old July 14th, 2012 #74
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
Well you're not a small boy in 21st century amuriKWA with the first name 'lucian'.

I ask you, folks, is there a more faggotrocious formula for queerosity? Not likely.
I'm not my old lady. Not amused by the games you play, nor will I feed into them. Say hello to all your chaps on Brick Lane, cocknuckles. Fuck off.

Ignore.

Old July 14th, 2012 #75
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenria View Post
My niece's name is Madison, which I find completely haughty and pretentious.
It's not haughty, it's merely ridiculous. I would love to know what brought that name into vogue, almost surely it was some actress on a soap or something. Then you have your 'Addison' and then 1001 misspelled-variations on these ridiculous names. This is purely low- or even sometimes middle-class people thinking they're giving their kids an upper-class name.

Quote:
Thankfully, her's is the only uppity name in the family. My son's name is Erik. Easy to say, never goes out of style, can't be teased for it, reflects family ancestry. Good enough!
Yep, my brother's named Eric. And sister is named Kristin. But we don't have a drop of Scandinavian blood. My dad for some reason liked Russian names and might have named me Alexei, but my mom put her foot down. He also liked August. But to me August smacks of a big fat green worm (1) and Augustus Gloop (2). August is a legitimate name, but probably better reserved for Germans. So I'm named Alex, not Alexander. In fact, in technical terms, Alex is not even a real name. But per the need to make the sounds flow correctly, Alex Linder flows better than Alexander Linder. But then again, Alex Linder doesn't flow all that well because the 'ks' sounds slides into the 'l.' Linder is a simple, nice name, in that it's easy to spell right, but a surprisingly large number of first names don't go with it. I personally think Otto Linder sounds great. Simple, ethnic, solid as hell. Same with Heidi.

I'm a least a little unconventional, I think, and I'm telling you people who respect my opinion, that names are not where you want to try to differentiate yourself from others. Names are something you follow convention. Same with wedding vows. Watch those cable shows where people write their own vows. God, they sound dumb. The audience of course is too tasteless to figure it out, since they're the same kind of people, but it really is bad. There's a time to stamp fresh tracks, and there's a time to follow convention. Names and wedding vows are times to follow convention.

As I always say to people I talk to who are insecure, like women who worry about looks...trust your material. Your kid doesn't need some fucking extraneous Y to make him "unusual." He doesn't need some fucking name you misspell out of a hazy memory of the label on some upper-end coffee grinder, he just needs a fucking name that's A GODDAM NAME.

The great Oz has spoken. Do not ignore the man behind this screen!

Y'all are free to go back to your perversions, you sick fucks.

BTW, I hate the name Cameron. It is head-shaking bad for a boy, and it is precious-sickly for a girl. Let's leave it a perfectly acceptable surname.

And that goes for Jacob too. Jacob is a huckster-christian-class bible name used by parents dream one day their little tyke be able to swindle his way to richness like a jewish bible hero.

Quote:
My son's pre school class was full to the brim with Haydens Jaydens Kaydens and Zadens, one Nevaeh and one Luna. My dental assisting class consisted of a Mckenna and a Mackenzie, both female. Oh yeah, and don't forget Xschell, who has the unfortunate task of telling people how to pronounce her name for the entirety of her life. Thanks, mom and dad!
Anything with -den on the end should be run from. As should shit names like 'Jenna' that are evasions of real names like 'Jennifer' and sound like they were concocted by that computer used to concoct new car labels.

Quote:
I remember a boy named Brock dating a girl named Elta. They looked like brother and sister.
Brock is intolerable. No one should have a name that sounds like an obnoxious noise made by a minor bird.

Sound is important, very important. I'm not sure it's not most important. But no one hears this.

Quote:
Love the story from this one nurse I worked with about a Mexican mother who, while in labor decided on the gem, Placentia, for her newborn daughter.
She was probably eating the placenta when she thought of it, and in her Mexican way was like, this is really sweet, so I'll name her after it so she'll be sweet too. Ate it like a cat.

The theory that mexicans are human is laughed at by scientists in private.

Quote:
My husband's grandmother was named Urdis, but that's oldschool Norway and those are the names people were given. Still, I always laugh when he tells the story about how he tried to show grandma Urdis, who apparently looked like a Dogue de Bordeaux, how far he could throw a stone and mistakenly threw it right on top of her head. He ran into the forest so fast, there were literal puffs of smoke behind him.
My grandparents, Missouri side, were name Oran and Merle. There seems to have been a vogue among country people for French type names back then. There are Pearls and Burles (sp?). And Juanitas that aren't Mexican. My father was a twin. My grandparents held a name the twins contest. They ended up naming them Melvin Gene and Marvin Dean. How about that. Guess what they both go by: Gene and Dean, of course. Those are pretty typical fifties names you don't see much anymore. Melvin is unspeakable, of course. Marvin is maybe 1% better. They're names, legitimate names, but they're not good names.

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 14th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Old July 14th, 2012 #76
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McQuade View Post
That's why I used Irish (Gaeilge) names as middle names for my kids. Their first names are not-unusual Italian or anglicized Irish names that were popular until modern faggot times. People usually ask what your middle name is, so if you verbalize it, there's no problem if it's Pádraig or Áine or what have you.
That's an interesting point, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. You really only have to use it on forms.

Middle names are mostly for getting teased over. Mine is 'Ruedy,' which is my mom's maiden name, a Swiss surname. But it's pronounced just like that movie weirdo that played loser at Notre Dame.

Quote:
Weak-ass Irish names? Please. My middle name is my mom's maiden name, and it means 'Head-smasher' in Gaeilge. My mom's mom's means 'white warrior'. Otto is kind of a cool name though. Not to take away from that.
Yes, they mean those things, I just don't think things Gaelic come off as tough. They may BE tough, but I'm talking about sound. Tough and frightening is not what we want from Irish words and accents, we get it with people like Schwarzenegger - the German feel, kind of implacable, aggressive, clipped. With Irish, we want something softer and curled, and lyrical and suggestive and delightful. If you see what I mean. Individuals can be this or that, but the sound of their language and the tenor of their mentality go better with certain associations. German is flatter, squarer. Irish is jauntier, curlier. So German naturally works with anything direct and aggressive, whereas Irish goes better with music and charm. But I'm just talking sounds, not actual meaning in native tongue.

Old July 14th, 2012 #77
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

The first wave of blacks named Barack & every conceivable variation thereof should fail pre-school in about 24 months.

Old July 14th, 2012 #78
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Ireland
Quorthon
Jaysen
Mayghan Wynter Belle

Good indication of the demographics of WN, unfortunately.
Eggggsackly.

We're going to beat the jews with the kind of mind that names its poor daughter: Mayghan Wynter Belle.

Oh sweet Jesus.

But that's ok. It's the dumbest and poorest among us, those without the brains, who are most susceptible to anti-White jewish policies, because they can't make enough money to escape the mixed areas.

Old July 14th, 2012 #79
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McQuade View Post
Some new school names are so faggotty, I will refuse to say them. I worked with a guy named Prentice, whom I just referred to as "P" because I felt like a queer just saying his name.
He might have been heir to the Prentice-Hall textbook fortune!

Old July 14th, 2012 #80
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
That could be a purpose. But a lot of people use the middle name to remember an ancestor. And down south, they use the first name for that nod too. The kid can always use a nickname or legally change names if he's that bothered.

Tags
#1, babies, baby, names

Thread