Administrator

Default 8-8-07 Letter to Washington State Dept. of Corrections

8-8-07

Mr. Ruben Cedeno, Deputy Secretary
Department of Corrections
P.O. Box 41100
Olympia WA 98504

Dear Mr. Cedeno:

This seems to be the season for censorship. I am accused by prison staff of "inciting security threat group," "advocating group inferiority" and "White supremacism." Plus, I am alleged to purvey "material that is racially discriminatory."

As to the latter allegation, I am no more "racially discriminatory" than is the federal government, to the extent that I mention race. The U.S. government identifies people by race on its wanted posters, and it discriminates in terms of its "affirmative-action" programs, so racial discrimination is in the eye of the beholder.

I am not a "White Supremacist." I do not believe that Whites should dominate, nor exploit any other people. I do not promote any "White Supremacist" doctrines, so how did I include such items in my mailings? I would not willingly do so in the first place.

By stating identities and differences, I am not thereby inferring "group inferiority." I do not consider grizzly bears, bandits nor banksters "inferior," but dangerous, and apt to be hazardous to one's health, so my mention thereof does not signify "inferior" status.

The last thing I would ever wish to do would be to "incite a security threat group," since prisons have too much violence already. I wonder how I became a supporter or member of an "STG", and I wonder to which STG my correspondents belong.

In this regard, you should be aware of my attitude toward so-called skinheads: I deem them to be "prison-preppies," who are setting themselves up for life in the gulags. The enclosed letter to Mark refers.

It is likely that you may not agree with my findings and intentions, but I can assure you that my beliefs are no more extreme than President Washington, who warned us about "foreign entanglements," and President Eisenhower, who warned us about "the military-industrial complex." I merely point out what has happened to us because we have ignored such warnings. By naming those who have profited from such abuses, I certainly do not deem them to be "inferior!" Obviously, their victims are the ones who may be accused of being "inferior:" Us.

My sole reason for writing you on behalf of equal rights and equal treatment under the law, which I believe not to be the current situation in the State of Washington's Department of Correction.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Sincerely,

Eric Thomson

cc. Michael Nelson, Liberty Rights Advocates

Thread