VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 13th, 2013 #201
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Aghuni 2 years ago

I wash the world should be like this, no discrimination, no differences of cast and creed, every one should have love and affection and respect for each other, so they feel full confidence in them because of no more insecurity around them, but foresee secured prosperous life in perspective and whemently start dancing when ever he/she feels happiness, very much like that.

I liked that idea of brain wash for goodness, keep it up!

Old January 13th, 2013 #202
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

The Void of Losing Someone You Don’t Know—in Memory of Aaron Swartz

--toolmodo.com

Old January 13th, 2013 #203
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Last edited by Breanna; January 13th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Old January 15th, 2013 #204
Breanna
Eternal Glory

My name is Taylor. I'm a fat n' feisty feminist from North Carolina who loves reading and writing. Thunderstorms, polka dots, Barbra Streisand, and ballpoint pens are a few of my favorite things. I blog a lot about fat politics, oppression, and my femme lifestyle

Old January 23rd, 2013 #205
Alex Linder
Administrator

samantha @smoneyboner

just thinkin bout how pencils with no erasers are like racehorses that can't race anymore and should be put down also feelin bad for pencils

Old January 25th, 2013 #206
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

http://www.businessinsider.com/eric-...er-read-2013-1

Old January 29th, 2013 #207
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
It's shit like this why I won't let my children join anything that I can't supervise. I teach them at a very young age, good touch, bad touch. Only mommy or daddy or your doctor (supervised) can touch you down there.
Special jokes from...er..special...people.

Old January 29th, 2013 #208
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
Special jokes from...er..special...people.
What in the fuck is so funny about child molestation, you piece of shit.

Old February 1st, 2013 #209
Breanna
Eternal Glory

I'm Drew! 22, white, genderqueer (most people are used to male pronouns but I literally could not care less what you use), bisexual, Canadian, pro-feminist, pagan, trying my best to be socially aware.

This started off as just stuff that's too long for my Twitter, but now it's about half anti-oppression and half posts about various fandoms. Expect a lot of Animorphs, Doctor Who, and Teen Wolf, and a lot of times when lines between fandoms (and between 'fandom posts' and 'anti-oppression') are blurred.

Old February 1st, 2013 #210
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Old February 6th, 2013 #211
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Old February 13th, 2013 #212
Alex Linder
Administrator

Sometimes I just imagine, when I go to bed at night, there is an owl in the dark corner of my room watching me sleep.

http://gawker.com/5983799/amazing-st...?post=57333571

Borgrumm 1 reply @Sub_muse Reply
14 hours ago
There is.
fahren416 5 minutes ago
It's there for the mice that come to lick the salt out between your toes when you're in the REM cycle.

Last edited by Alex Linder; February 13th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Old February 14th, 2013 #213
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Homer Pool Reopens After Health-Related 'Incident'

Aaron Selbig
Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Kate Kuhns Aquatic Center reopened Tuesday after a week-long closure (Aaron Selbig photo)

The Kate Kuhns Aquatic Center in Homer has been re-opened after a week-long closure. The pool’s manager says the lengthy closure was preventable and with a little help from pool users, should be avoided in the future.

The pool at Homer High School is normally a bustling place on a Monday afternoon, with several different user groups – from seniors to parents with children to lap swimmers out for some exercise – vying for pool time. But this Monday afternoon, the pool was empty.

Long-time Pool Manager Bridget Kuhns says that when the pool closed last week, many users assumed it was because of regular maintenance, which does happen from time to time. But this time, Kuhns says the pool was forced to close because of an incident involving illness among users.

""(We) had to close for what we call a 'fecal incident'", she said. "We don't want ... attention brought to it but we have to make sure ... that this water is always pristine and clean."

The pool is very popular and has a reputation for being a very clean environment. That, of course, is a reputation that Kuhns would like to keep.

Kuhns advises that pool users wait at least a week after suffering from an illness before returning to the aquatic center. And she says it’s always important to follow the pool rules, including putting your hair up, wearing clean garments and showering in the locker room before using the pool.

Kuhns calls last week’s incident the worst she’s ever seen. She says the aquatic center staff has worked hard to return the water to its normally clean condition. They’re aided by the pool’s sand-filtration cleaning system, which turns over 250,000 gallons about every six hours.

"We've circulated it more than necessary, just to be on the safe side," said Kuhns.

In addition to its regular daily user groups, the pool closure has affected trainings for Special Olympics athletes and the Kachemak Swim Club.

Kuhns said the pool was scheduled to be reopened Tuesday.

http://www.kbbi.org/content/homer-po...lated-incident

Last edited by Leonard Rouse; February 14th, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

Old February 18th, 2013 #214
ericthered
Idle Anger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
Listening to glenn beck at the moment mispronouncing 'compulsory' as "compulsatory." Three times in one minute.

Funny you mention that, just last week I overheard some Glenn Beck groupies describing the founding fathers as 'deitists.'

Old February 18th, 2013 #215
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Funny you mention that, just last week I overheard some Glenn Beck groupies describing the founding fathers as 'deitists.'
I happened to hear some guest host goober sitting in for that fat Arkansas radio fraud, Huckabee, today. He was trying to contrast Rand Paul's recent comments with Paul Ryan's. The producer had the audio clips all fucked up. It was actually pretty funny, and it mirrored the confusion of the electorate, who just know they have similar names and are both young Republicans.

Old February 19th, 2013 #216
Breanna
Eternal Glory

I don't understand how so many people can buy into the lie of dinosaurs, it's just ridiculous!

The Bible never mentions dinosaurs so they obviously weren't created by GOD.

We're supposed to believe that these "dinosaur bones" are made of rock but how could something with a skeleton made of rock actually survive? How could they be millions of years old if the Earth itself is only about 6,000 years old?

Dinosaur bones are just another one of Satan's tricks - but dinosaurs are so popular. Secular school teaches them that so many of Satan's lies are true!

Anyways, back to the serious discussion on hand. Answer this secular evolutionists: If dinosaurs were around for millions and millions of years before us (and modern human beings have around for tens of thousands of years), then why were dinosaurs only discovered recently? If their bones were here this whole time, wouldn't people in the Renaissance have found them? Middle ages? Roman empire? Cave men?

It's highly convenient that right around the time that Darwin came out with his theory of evolution (and there was absolutely no evidence that any of it was true) that - poof!- hey, look, million-year old dinosaur bones everywhere!

It's hard to teach my kids about dinosaurs not being real. I try to tell them that it's just another one of Satan's tricks but dinosaurs are so popular. Their school teaches them that so many of Satan's lies are true but I can't afford the time to home school them or send them to private school.

How do you guys deal with teaching your kids about how dinosaurs are fake?

I'd really appreciate any advice, my kids are at that "dinosaur age". Please help!

No, if you actually do the research you see that they're not real. There is no real proof that they existed. If they were real then how come we don't have any ancient accounts of them?? How come we don't see "dinosaur bones" all over the place?

I feel bad for people who are so deluded by the lies that "scientists" like to spread, they don't realize that they're just spreading Satan's lies.

No, people find rocks that look like dinosaur bones, lying scientists call them bones to help further their false, God hating theories.

Do the research!

Last edited by Breanna; February 19th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Old February 19th, 2013 #217
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Looks like Mrs. Duggar dun did her research.

Old February 19th, 2013 #218
Breanna
Eternal Glory

http://pixyland.org/peterpan/

Quote:
I also absolutely LOVE to dance (though I must confess my dancing is indeed very silly!) I tried to take ballet for a while, and though that is a discipline where any age beyond 30 hurts, it still is a lot of fun. And, as you might have guessed, I DO love the outfits. In fact I do quite a bit of sewing and very much enjoy making and modifying clothes and costumes. These range from things that I can wear all the time, to fun things more suited for parties, special occasions, or "club-wear". Many would be very suitable for a ballet performance, ALL are unconditionally VERY silly!!

And speaking of 'silly', I know all this makes me a very silly boy! But If it sounds like a fun thing or even if you'd just like a good laugh (I laugh at myself all the time!) you must check out my Peter Pan's Fashion Page!

Old February 23rd, 2013 #220
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy young negress

What do you call your womb-baby?

Hi, I'm due in June and I have dubbed my womb-baby "Honey-Baby." My BF even calls it that, too. I love it. I just wanted to know if anyone else had any cute, catchy names they give or gave to their baby when baby was still in womb.
[White woman replied. . .]

DS's name was always set, and DD's name has been a toss up, but now we have their names so we usually refer to them simply as [XXXXX] and [YYYYY].

However, before we knew the genders/settled on a girl's name, we called them Love Bugs, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Mira-Babies (short for miracle babies, as they were conceived through infertility treatments). They were pretty much something new every day!

Tags
funny, humor, jokes

Thread