VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 11th, 2013 #41
Derrick MacThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. Valdez View Post
I don't think you'd come out on top, Brainless Wook.
What is a Wook?

Old January 13th, 2013 #42
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Another problem with your generation is that it has been corrupted by the grammar of misandry:

http://www.uwgb.edu/writingcenter/ha...heirHisHer.htm

Misandrist grammar Nazis, like Rick Ronsavelle, refuse to enforce this tradition because they fear dominance by the masculine pronoun "his".

"Everybody is responsible for his or her own decisions."

"Anyone who never does homework is in danger of failing his or her classes."

You should always use the male pronoun, unless you are referring to women exclusively. If there is at least one man in the group, then the number of women is irrelevant.

Old January 13th, 2013 #43
Justin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick MacThomas View Post
What is a Wook?
Chewbacca?

It is pretty funny seeing the bean dawg try to stay in a conversation about guns though. I'd be willing to bet I was a better shot than that scum when I was 6. White men with guns are gods compared to muds like this thing.

Old January 13th, 2013 #44
Hunter Morrow

Fuck off with .38 Special, 5 chamber revolvers.

There has never been a better offering of better quality 9mm and .40 S&W in both firearms and ammunition. There is NO REASON to give a woman a .38 Special when you can give them a pistol that is easier to shoot and fires a substantially more powerful round with equivalent recoils and reports but with more rounds in it and an easier to fire platform. Fire a .38 special snubby, fire a 4 inch barrel 9 and you tell me which is easier to fire? World of differenc.e

Even just a standard pressure .40 or .9mm would have been SUBSTANTIALLY more effective than the .38 Special round. By substantial I don't mean 10, 20, 30 percent. In terms of wound channel, exit wound size, penetration and energy imparted to the target. Something on the order of 50 to 100 percent more effective for self defense.

2 shots between nipple and belly button with a .357 Magnum at about 5 feet? Game over, man. Game over. If you have a revolver it is to fire 125 JHP out a 3 to 5 inch barrel. Quit dicking around with .38 Special for God's sake.

Last edited by Hunter Morrow; January 13th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

Old January 13th, 2013 #45
Simmon

The 38 special can be lethal. With the right shot placement. Though one thing to consider is the adrenaline dump and nervousness someone goes through in a time like that. It is not likely that one is going to make good shot placement if one has not trained for it under pressure. Therefor I agree with the statement 'stop dickin around with a 38 special'.

Old January 13th, 2013 #46
Derrick MacThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmon View Post
The 38 special can be lethal. With the right shot placement. Though one thing to consider is the adrenaline dump and nervousness someone goes through in a time like that. It is not likely that one is going to make good shot placement if one has not trained for it under pressure. Therefor I agree with the statement 'stop dickin around with a 38 special'.
The shake caused by adrenalin can become a major factor, as is whether or not the target presents an angle that allows for a well-placed shot.
It is also necessary to consider the fact that a nigger's skull is twice as thick as that of a white man. More than once a .38 or 9mm have failed to penetrate a nigger's skull.
Better to have a cannon that will kill everything it hits with one round. That is why I like .45ACP and .44 magnum. It bears remembering that .45ACP was developed specifically to kill angry 300 pound Samoans who were high on beetle nut. Apparently, rather than killing or stopping them .38 just made those big angry Samoans even more angry.
Those who think that .44 or .45 have too much recoil for a woman, I wonder how many have actually fired either calibre.
In my opinion .45ACP is a pussy in terms of recoil and muzzle lift. My daughter, who is 5'3" and petite does not have any difficultly getting a good grouping with my Colt 1911. Nor does she have any difficulty handling a .44 revolver on the odd occasion that we hire one at the range. She needs two hands, but anyone who knows what they are doing will use two hands anyway.

Last edited by Derrick MacThomas; January 14th, 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Old January 13th, 2013 #47
Simmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick MacThomas View Post
The shake caused by adrenalin can become a major factor, as is whether or not the target presents an angle that allows for a well-placed shot.
It is also necessary to consider the fact that a nigger's skull is twice as thick as that of a white man. More than once a .38 or 9mm have failed to penetrate a nigger's skull.
Better to have a cannon that will kill everything it hits with one round. That is why I like .45ACP and .44 magnum. It bears remembering that .45ACP was developed specifically to kill angry 300 pound Samoans who were high on beetle nut. Apparently, rather than killing of stopping them .38 just made those big angry Samoans even more angry.
Those who think that .44 or .45 have too much recoil for a woman, I wonder how many have actually fired either calibre.
In my opinion .45ACP is a pussy in terms of recoil and muzzle lift. My daughter, who is 5'3" and petite does not have any difficultly getting a good grouping with my Colt 1911. Nor does she have any difficulty handling a .44 revolver on the odd occasion that we hire one at the range. She needs two hands, but anyone who knows what they are doing will use two hands anyway.
I would agree because most 1911's are generally not light. The 45 acp is a slow moving round. Heavy but slow. Therefor not bad on recoil. On the other hand the 9mm is a some what zippy round.
I have heard of newbies getting a 45 because
1. They have big hands.
2. It has moderate recoil.

Old January 13th, 2013 #48
C. Grady Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. Valdez View Post
LOL, you "going to war"? I doubt you could even qualify with the M9.
Mestizos are the easiest to put down. Especially little jews masquerading as little mestizos. You don't even need a gun.

Old January 13th, 2013 #49
C. Grady Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmon View Post
I would agree because most 1911's are generally not light. The 45 acp is a slow moving round. Heavy but slow. Therefor not bad on recoil. On the other hand the 9mm is a some what zippy round.
I have heard of newbies getting a 45 because
1. They have big hands.
2. It has moderate recoil.
I have lost all faith in the 9mm after Giffords.

Old January 13th, 2013 #50
Simmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Grady Tucker View Post
I understand why.

Old January 14th, 2013 #51
Derrick MacThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Grady Tucker View Post
I carried a 9mm Browning pistol as standard issue with the Australian Army. It was useless. I have seen a 9mm stopped by a heavy winter field coat.

Old January 23rd, 2013 #52
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Some motherfuckers never learn.

No... I don't mean those carrying a reliable caliber in the .38 spl.

I mean the medical school dropouts and gun illiterates seriously referencing ballistic "energy" charts as a guide to "knockdown power."

Old January 23rd, 2013 #53
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmon
Implying that one can get away with improper shot-placement using a larger round.

I won't even bother to ask whether you realize what you're saying. You don't. Nobody does.

The subject of firearms is so impermeably muddled in myth and misinformation clung to by stubborn drunkards. Everybody I know gave up trying to teach them anything years ago. I'm starting to lean that way.

Old January 23rd, 2013 #54
Squarehead Chris

I don't know about others, but I don't buy whatever Izzy has on the shelf, I load my own.
I load a .38SPL. that drives a 115gr. Hornady XTP jacketed hollow point at 1050fps. (clocked on my chronograph)
Needless to say, this would be a pretty effective round.

Last edited by Squarehead Chris; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Too much info

Old January 23rd, 2013 #55
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarehead Chris
Needless to say, this would be a pretty effective round.
On what do you base that claim?

Old January 23rd, 2013 #56
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Morrow View Post
There is NO REASON to give a woman a .38 Special when you can give them a pistol that is easier to shoot
Weaker hands, especially with carpal tunnel syndrome, can be hit an miss (require switching hands) when retracting slides on semi-autos.

Old January 26th, 2013 #57
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Dead-end caliber wars interest me no longer.

All I know now is I want whatever judge dredd was shooting.

Old January 26th, 2013 #58
Ultra Martinet

Default Six shooter junction

The newspaper articles about that Atlanta incident smell kind of fishy or just simply inaccurate. The woman must have grazed the ghoul or something.

I have two .38 caliber revolvers by my bed. They are S&W Chief's Special, stub-nosed "airweights" with hollow points. That ought to be enough to stop even the biggest ghoul. And if it's not, well that's just tough tacos I suppose. Anyway, I don't want a gun so big and powerful that the bullets penetrate the ghoul; my walls; and my white neighbors walls.

I prefer revolvers because unlike automatics, they don't jam when you need them most -- and I have two of them.

Actually, the Taurus "Judge" is probably the best home-defense weapon -- it's a revolver that shoots both shotgun shells and .45 caliber bullets.

Old January 26th, 2013 #59
Nigel Thornberry
Ole' Cyber Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
Yes I did read the article. A .38 JHP at 5-10 feet would deliver devestating amounts of damage at that range. a .38 FMJ, however, would zip right through the body, transferring very little energy. A .357 with FMJ at that range would technically transfer even less energy than the .38 (smaller diameter and higher velocity would pass through without slowing down much at all).
You are an idiot no matter what discussion you join, a bullet that goes through a nigger's head will kill him.

Old January 26th, 2013 #60
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Well, crowe is typical of average gun owners who won't be bothered to learn the facts about how bullets actually kill, instead satisfied with resting on the couch of popular literature and anecdotal say-so, such as the marshall & sanow "stopping power" tables still infecting the conversation decades since their debunking.

The best argument against his moronic post is an equally simplistic use of inference. Like this...

Fact: The .38 special has killed more people from 1900 to present day than any other handgun cartridge, ever.

Inference: The .38 special is the most effective handgun cartridge.

It's not really, but the point is how retarded people arguing "stopping power" are, because their own logic works against them as I just demonstrated.

Thread