Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 18th, 2017 #1
Stronza

Default Malcolm Young gone.

It is with deepest sorrow that we inform you of the death of Malcolm Young, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother. Malcolm had been suffering from Dementia for several years and passed away peacefully with his family by his bedside. Renowned for his musical prowess Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans. Malcolm is survived by his loving wife O'Linda, children Cara and Ross, son-in-law Josh, three grandchildren, sister and brother. While thanking all for their overwhelming support and heartfelt condolences, the family ask that you respect their privacy during this time of heartbreak and grief. For those wishing to send messages to the family please visit the Sydney Morning Herald Malcolm Young Memorial website which will be available next week. The family have asked instead of flowers to send donations to The Salvation Army. (From Facebook)

Old November 18th, 2017 #2
N.B. Forrest

Very sad news. So many great tunes from the band he created. Still, his no doubt terrifying confusion is over, which is a mercy.

RIP.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old November 18th, 2017 #3
Jeffrey Smither

Scary part about this dementia is that he was only 64.

He started suffering from it a few years ago.

I've heard of people in their 50s who get it.

Old November 18th, 2017 #4
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Friend just told me in an email he died, I had missed it on here.

For some reason I thought this video ^^was semi-fascinating when I was 13, lol. Still like this song.

These not-very-old-people need to quit dying, it's a bummer.

Old November 18th, 2017 #5
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post
Scary part about this dementia is that he was only 64.

He started suffering from it a few years ago.

I've heard of people in their 50s who get it.
Yeah, in his case drink and drugs may have played a role, as it does in arteriosclerosis and similar artery disease of the arteries in the brain.

Sadly, even when these folks clean their life up, they pay for things they did when younger.

Old November 18th, 2017 #6
Stronza

Sadly, even when these folks clean their life up, they pay for things they did when younger.

Bingo.

Behave, people!

Old November 19th, 2017 #7
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/malco...g-final-years/

AC/DC was known as a hard working band for 40 years.

Malcolm Young was hit with heart problems and lung cancer at the same time he was diagnosed with dementia 3-4 years ago.

Well loved by many. Husband and father of three. Private man, but one hell of a musician.

Cue up... Highway to Hell.

Old November 19th, 2017 #8
Ironguard1940

Default RIP Malcolm Young

Malcolm Young was the unspoken leader of AC/DC. He will be missed greatly. Phil Rudd and his legal troubles notwithstanding, AC/DC as a band were a class act. They are my favorite group hands down. How many bands have lost their lead singer (Bon Scott), get another one (Brian Johnson), and have even greater success?

BTW, George Young, the older brother of Malcolm and Angus Young and a member of the Australian group the Easybeats, died October 22. May he also RIP.

Old November 19th, 2017 #9
Stronza

For those of you who have not read the following article from The Occidental Observer, by a man who attended an AC/DC concert, here it is:

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...washington-dc/

Excerpt:

Of the thousands of human beings packed into the arena, I did not see a single non-white face. They may have been there, but in numbers that can only be described as statistically insignificant. They were working-class class whites, for the most part, spanning a range of ages, with the occasional obvious yuppie-with-a-black-T-shirt-for-the-occasion thrown in.

Old November 19th, 2017 #10
Ironguard1940

Default We salute you Malcolm and AC/DC

I have attended three AC/DC concerts in my life, one at the now demolished Capital Center in Landover, Maryland and two at the needs-to-be-demolished Richmond Coliseum. This is a very accurate description of a typical AC/DC concert, including the racial aspect. I think I may have seen one or two niggers at these concerts, one even dressed in an Angus schoolboy outfit. These muds were not there to make trouble but to rock. If they had been there to start shit it would have gone very badly for them.

AC/DC has been my favorite band since about 1982, when I was a senior in high school. The main themes of their songs are rock, women, sex and drinking. Coincidence? NO. Even though I gave up drinking three years ago, the other themes still resonate with me 100%.

AC/DC has been a band for 44 years now. I think they are done now, but what a run they had. Their style of music has inspired countless cover bands and many other big-name bands count them among their influences. As far as I am concerned, AC/DC was a game changer for the music industry and they will always be my favorite band.

Thread