VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 15th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Atheist / Rat Thread

'Rat' is my term for my beliefs, as concerns things irrational taken seriously by cloudy thinkers and professional conmen. It stands for one who believes that rational thinking is effective mentation in every sphere of human activity and conjecture.

A term is necessary to escape the politicization of 'atheism,' which if not begun as a slur was turned into one by the church, and then proudly claimed by vile leftists, though there is no necessary connection between the one position atheism takes and leftism as a whole. It's actually the opposite - atheism fits the right-wing view of the world better than the left.

It is my view, as a rat, nay as The Rat, as King Rat, as Primus Inter (Rat) Pares, that atheism is a term unnecessary save for the irrationalist, which is to say religious, majority - they need a way to focus their hate, and 'atheist' provides it. 'Atheism' is a strawman - because the rejection of the assertion about a supernatural God made by christians does not amount to a belief system, as suggested by the -ism, not any more than a rejection of someone's assertion of the reality of Santa Claus amounts to a belief system.

Some atheists call themselves 'clears,' more recently. This smacks of leftism in that it's a patting of oneself on the back for being sharper, better, whatever than one's opponent. While that may be the case, it is lip-curlingly gauche to praise oneself, which is what the term amounts to.

So I am a rat, and a proud and happy rat. Anyone opposed, take it up with this guy:

Anyway, this thread will be for data about atheists, as the majority call their strawman, and the majority reaction to them.

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 15th, 2014 at 12:36 AM.

Old January 15th, 2014 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3346201.html

Vatican Clarifies Pope's 'Atheist' Remarks [CORRECTED]

Shortly after Pope Francis gave an homily in which he said even atheists who do good are redeemed, a statement from a Vatican spokesman clarified the pope's remarks.

Just one day after the pope's now famous words in Rome on May 22, a Vatican spokesman the Rev. Thomas Rosica released a statement quoting a section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church that says people who reject the teachings of Jesus Christ cannot attain salvation.

"All salvation comes from Christ, the Head, through the Church which is his body," Rosica wrote. "Hence they cannot be saved who, knowing the Church as founded by Christ and necessary for salvation, would refuse to enter her or remain in her."

Thanks for the warning, meatball.

However, Rosica wrote that it's not impossible for an atheist to eventually be saved by Christ.

“Rejection of Christianity may not mean the rejection of Christ,” he wrote. "We can never say with ultimate certainty whether a non-Christian who has rejected Christianity...is still following the temporary path mapped out for his own salvation which is leading him to an encounter with God.”

Things that can't be nailed down because they, well, are imaginary, are very flexible and supple, like an Ugly Stick (TM). They bend to the temper of the times, or the political needs of pope.

Rosica's statement was written in response to the many calls and messages he received after Francis' controversial homily.

The Catholic Church defines redemption and salvation differently: while everyone is redeemed through the death of Jesus Christ, salvation is offered by God and can be either accepted or rejected individually.

In his homily, the pope said everyone, "even the atheists," have been redeemed "with the Blood of Christ," according to Vatican Radio.

This is a grown man spouting this silliness. A grown man with no conception of his own ridiculousness. Speaking with great authority about things that do not exist. It's funny for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

"If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter," Francis said. "We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: we will meet one another there."

The Vatican's statement seemed to attempt to do damage control for Francis' remarks, emphasizing that his job is more to speak well than to provide an indisputable interpretation of the Bible.

"[Pope Francis] is first and foremost a seasoned pastor and preacher who has much experience in reaching people," the statement said. "His words are not spoken in the context of a theological faculty or academy nor in interreligious dialogue or debate."

(h/t Christian Post)

Correction: A previous version of this article asserted that Rosica had said that atheists cannot be saved, and attributed the quotation from the Catechism to Rosica.

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 15th, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

Old January 15th, 2014 #3
Crowe

If anyone asks me, I'll just say I don't believe in the gods imagined by men. And if anyone asks why, then I'll say show me a single person on the planet that can prove the existence of any god.

The question of whether there is or isn't a higher level power that would fit man's definition of what a god might be is a completely different question than whether I think gods imagined by men are actually real. I'm not sure anyone will ever know the answer to the first part.

I'm not going to get defensive about being called an Atheist, and if someone pushes the envelope with that label, I'll immediately own up to it for the same reason I'll own up to being a racist, or an antisemite. Even if you call yourself something else, there still might be people who will confront you about it and say "You're still technically an Atheist, right?". At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit what people think.

A new neighbor moved in 2 houses down, and he went around knocking on doors introducing himself to the neighborhood. Which is fine, and its a friendly White thing to do. The problem is, he started leaving trash on my doorstep in the form of kwaristian leaflets. And I happened to see him the next day, walking up the road with a few leaflets in his hand that matched the one on my doorstep. At first I tried to not be rude to the guy, and told him that being courteous to your neighbors involves not imposing your religious beliefs on them. He starts mumbling about christ this, christ that, and after about 10 seconds of listening to that shit I had lost my patience with the guy, and told him "what part of me not believing in your dead jew on a stick don't you fucking understand?" He mumbled, yo yo you're an Atheist!! And I said, yeah, so don't drop your trash off at my doorstep again. Never seen the guy again, and I don't even think hes been dropping leaflets around my area anymore.

Last edited by Crowe; January 15th, 2014 at 01:06 AM.

Old January 15th, 2014 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
If anyone asks me, I'll just say I don't believe in the gods imagined by men. And if anyone asks why, then I'll say show me a single person on the planet that can prove the existence of any god.

The question of whether there is or isn't a higher level power that would fit man's definition of what a god might be is a completely different question than whether I think gods imagined by men are actually real. I'm not sure anyone will ever know the answer to the first part.

I'm not going to get defensive about being called an Atheist, and if someone pushes the envelope with that label, I'll immediately own up to it for the same reason I'll own up to being a racist, or an antisemite. Even if you call yourself something else, there still might be people who will confront you about it and say "You're still technically an Atheist, right?". At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit what people think.

A new neighbor moved in 2 houses down, and he went around knocking on doors introducing himself to the neighborhood. Which is fine, and its a friendly White thing to do. The problem is, he started leaving trash on my doorstep in the form of kwaristian leaflets. And I happened to see him the next day, walking up the road with a few leaflets in his hand that matched the one on my doorstep. At first I tried to not be rude to the guy, and told him that being courteous to your neighbors involves not imposing your religious beliefs on them. He starts mumbling about christ this, christ that, and after about 10 seconds of listening to that shit I had lost my patience with the guy, and told him "what part of me not believing in your dead jew on a stick don't you fucking understand?" He mumbled, yo yo you're an Atheist!! And I said, yeah, so don't drop your trash off at my doorstep again. Never seen the guy again, and I don't even think hes been dropping leaflets around my area anymore.
I've talked to many religious people, sometimes I enjoy it. But I say the same things I do here, although I'm not as hostile. If I don't want to talk to them, I don't. If I do, I state my views flatly. I don't try to be friendly or unfriendly. One way you can tell christianity is false is its salesmen are always extra nice. That's because what they're selling won't go on its own merits. They have to perfume it.

Old January 15th, 2014 #5
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Religion would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking dangerous.

All religions are basically cults who believe varying levels of some fairly dubious shit. Talking snakes, people returning from the dead, have you ever read The Bible? I mean not just skim it, but truly get in there, not only the Cliff Notes quotations people bandy about when someone dies? There's some crazy stuff in there.

My opinion is that a certain percentage of Homo sapiens have a genetic predisposition to believe weird/outlandish stuff. They're easily influenced. Easily lead. Easily exploited.

Perhaps it's linked to an overall general lower intelligence? The brightest in any religion are using it as a tool. They're either making a living off the flock, or somehow bending it to suit an ulterior motive.

Old January 15th, 2014 #6
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
My opinion is that a certain percentage of Homo sapiens have a genetic predisposition to believe weird/outlandish stuff. They're easily influenced. Easily lead. Easily exploited. Perhaps it's linked to an overall general lower intelligence? The brightest in any religion are using it as a tool. They're either making a living off the flock, or somehow bending it to suit an ulterior motive.
I was talking to a Mormon the other day about his interpretation of the four levels of heaven. On the highest level, a true LDS becomes a god of their very own universe, which is a perk of the nery highest order. It differs very little from the 96 virgins promised to true believers in the Muslim religion, or the "sharing god's very own DNA" idealogy of Jews.

Old January 15th, 2014 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Religion would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking dangerous.

All religions are basically cults who believe varying levels of some fairly dubious shit. Talking snakes, people returning from the dead, have you ever read The Bible? I mean not just skim it, but truly get in there, not only the Cliff Notes quotations people bandy about when someone dies? There's some crazy stuff in there.

My opinion is that a certain percentage of Homo sapiens have a genetic predisposition to believe weird/outlandish stuff. They're easily influenced. Easily lead. Easily exploited.

Perhaps it's linked to an overall general lower intelligence? The brightest in any religion are using it as a tool. They're either making a living off the flock, or somehow bending it to suit an ulterior motive.
It's lack of imagination, conformity, and simple fear. 'Atheists' are a little more intelligent than average. Christians tend to be people incapable of thinking for themselves or generating their own code to live by, hence their distrust for atheists, who can. If you've ever seen a chart of the development of moral reasoning, most christians, or at least a very large minority, are at the level where you don't do something wrong because someone might be watching. They reason that since atheists don't believe in some Over-Parent spying on their actions, they won't have any reason not to steal, murder and do drugs. That's what the christian would do, so why wouldn't the atheist, who fears no god? Which is a further sign of the declasse-ness of the relgion - so many of the people who come to it as adults are at the end of a long road of drinking, drugs, prostitution and other popular loser activities. If you read my review of that Jesus book in the Books section, the writer specifically says the thing began as a breaking-bread cult for criminals/alcoholics/losers. I'm reading a little between the lines, he didn't say that openly, but his depiction seemed to me very akin to an alcoholics anonymous meeting. Didn't matter what race or class you belonged to, or what sins you had committed, you were welcome to break bread with your new buddies, and worship the newfound savior.

Old January 15th, 2014 #8
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I've talked to many religious people, sometimes I enjoy it. But I say the same things I do here, although I'm not as hostile. If I don't want to talk to them, I don't. If I do, I state my views flatly. I don't try to be friendly or unfriendly. One way you can tell christianity is false is its salesmen are always extra nice. That's because what they're selling won't go on its own merits. They have to perfume it.
I don't like being rude to people, especially neighbors. So I'm not going to walk up to a random Christian and tell them their god is a dead jew on a stick unless I feel like they're disrespecting me. If they guy would have just agreed not to place any more leaflets on my doorstep, I would have left it at that.

Quote:
I understand your frustration, but why even spike your BP? Stress kills, man.

I would've just thrown the religious tracts in the trash. Make a mental note to wear a Black Sabbath T-shirt next time I might run into the guy. I wouldn't have stopped him on the road.

It's a semi-free country and if he wants to spend his day promoting the all-hits album from Mathew, Mark, Luke & John, I got better shit to do. /shrug
I came to a point in life many years ago, where I got tired of being shit on. And that means if I have a problem with something, then that person will know about it. To me, giving that christian an ass chewing is the same thing as giving a co-worker an ass chewing over borrowing my tools and not putting them back where they found them.

Last edited by Crowe; January 15th, 2014 at 01:58 PM.

Old January 16th, 2014 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I don't like being rude to people, especially neighbors. So I'm not going to walk up to a random Christian and tell them their god is a dead jew on a stick unless I feel like they're disrespecting me. If they guy would have just agreed not to place any more leaflets on my doorstep, I would have left it at that.
I believe very much in manners. That might not be apparent from the style I use here, but I do. In public, I don't go after anyone. Now, if they are on a soapbox, then they're open to counters. If they come by my door, and I'm in a mood, I'll have a round with them. One doesn't press one's political views on other people in public, one mind's one's own business - and one protects one's rights, jealously. People with nothing to express believe in self-expression. People who are maturally mentally control themselves in public. Self-control makes for a superior society.

Quote:
I came to a point in life many years ago, where I got tired of being shit on. And that means if I have a problem with something, then that person will know about it. To me, giving that christian an ass chewing is the same thing as giving a co-worker an ass chewing over borrowing my tools and not putting them back where they found them.
If they're aggressive, then by all means, one has a duty to go after them. If they're simply canvassing or out in public, what they do is their business. If they're being overtly political, then yes, I will go after them if what they are doing is socially destructive, as it often, but not always, is.

Old January 16th, 2014 #10
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Fair enough. I agree the co-worker is absolutely being disrespectful, but did you perceive the guy leaving the religious pamphlets as shitting on you as well? I guess it comes down to a matter of degrees. Not saying you were right or wrong in the way you handled it, I wasn't there.

Serious question (I'm not attempting to flame you): Would you call yourself an "angry" guy? Do you think others who know you would describe you that way? I'm just curious.

For me, I've found ass chewings are a last resort, and are best used strategically.

Old January 15th, 2014 #11
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:

I understand your frustration, but why even spike your BP? Stress kills, man.

I would've just thrown the religious tracts in the trash. Make a mental note to wear a Black Sabbath T-shirt next time I might run into the guy. I wouldn't have stopped him on the road.

It's a semi-free country and if he wants to spend his day promoting the all-hits album from Mathew, Mark, Luke & John, I got better shit to do. /shrug

Old January 15th, 2014 #12
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Christians are delicious

Old January 15th, 2014 #13
Nate Richards

Quote:
as King Rat
hahah knew you'd say it, as soon as I started reading. Fun book.

White christians are pretty fat and happy, as people go. The white christians I know are the white atheist's smallest threat. They're all like "oh well, god blessim anyway"

I bet you have some personal family experience with that and it drives you up a wall.

Old January 15th, 2014 #14
Fico

The opposite of ATHEISM (no spiritual) is THEISM (spiritual).
Did you atheists ever read short book who wrote William Pierce (educated man)-CosmoTHEISM?
If you red this,what is your opinion about this theism?

I see here mention of the Vatican. Vatican is state within a state,they don't promote real Romancatolicism,he (Vatican) is globalist branch who have own agents who promotes interests only one states-Vatican he only care about his own state.
Secularism is the answer for this with ideology who promote interests for defend race,nation and state. People like people-they have right for belive in spiritual but let they consetracion on they own race,nation and state and not on priests (any other religion),because people tuday know how to read what some religion say and priests are not required.

P.S. Alex,I can sense wich religion lies on you posts Why? I red your theme when you past chapter one book wich I read,chapter is "Racial history in Haiti" (thereabouts).

Last edited by Fico; January 15th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

Tags

Thread