VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 23rd, 2012 #61
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
[BTW, this is not the thread for proving you're better than everyone else. That's for every other thread. This thread is a celebration of IGNORANCE DEFLOWERED.]

Neti-Pot - never heard of this until today 9-23-12

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus...e-11/neti-pots
I'd never heard of it until May.

Three times this year I've had horrendous sinus infections. I came close to buying one at CVS. People swear by them.

I think it's more of a preventative. Once you're sick, it can't help much. At least that's my impression.

Some Indian has started a company that sells these things, along with the salts to make the solution (and pre-mixed solution, if you want to pay more). I see them in all the big chains.

I'm glad you mentioned this.

Old September 23rd, 2012 #62
Alex Linder
Administrator

Is it more than just salted heated water poured in your nose holes? Cuz I can do that.

Old September 23rd, 2012 #63
Stephen

Quote:
Is it more than just salted heated water poured in your nose holes? Cuz I can do that.
They're called nostrils.

Old September 23rd, 2012 #64
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
I don't see why not.

Don't use water straight from the tap/water heater.

(It also doesn't seem wise to use it every day, as sinus mucous does serve a purpose and I would think the membranes susceptible to damage be too-frequent dousing.)

Old September 24th, 2012 #65
Jimmy Marr

I've known about neti pots for a long time, but never used one. I have, for decades, used a bulb syringe. Out of the box, they're too tapered for my nostrils, so I cut the nozzle back, like on a caulk tube, until I get the diameter that seals in my nostrils.

It can then be used to force water up the nose while standing upright over a lavatory. Tilt head. Squeeze bulb with nozzle in uppermost nostril until water flows from lower nostril and mouth via nasal pharynx.

It takes practice. Swallowing while irrigating helps channel the flow down the nasal pharynx. Probably good to do in combination with gargling to ensure good coverage of tonsils.

Old September 24th, 2012 #66
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They're called nostrils.
Yep. Or nose holes. Depends what effect you're going for.

Old September 24th, 2012 #67
Lucky Jack

Inequity_aversion Inequity_aversion
(IA) is the preference for fairness and resistance to incidental inequalities.

It took some pointy heads to figure that out, then name it?

Anyone who has a sibling understands the concept of "but that's not fair!" Then feeling bummed out for a few minutes.

Old September 26th, 2012 #68
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Had no idea... NO IDEEEA that wool is so insulative, now I can't get enough of that funny stuff. 100% wool sweater, undercoat, gloves. Wool everything. Wool pants? Why not? It is that goddamn warm.

Side note: the avatar above me is horrible. Hey faggot, toss the dwarf!

Old September 26th, 2012 #69
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
And your's isn't faggy? You look like an anorexic pokemon. Wait.....Who is posting? Me or the Mr.?

Old September 26th, 2012 #70
keifer

Quote:
Had no idea... NO IDEEEA that wool is so insulative, now I can't get enough of that funny stuff. 100% wool sweater, undercoat, gloves. Wool everything. Wool pants? Why not? It is that goddamn warm.

I have a good selection of winter wool purchased at Goodwill. About seven bucks for 100% wool sweater. Just look for the earth tones and yer set up for hunting or whatever.
My wife gifted me with a Hudson Bay 4-point(Beaver) blanket. Odin bless her heart.
You can find youtube vids on transforming military blankets into hunting hoodies and other styles of out door wear. Store bought wool hoodies like that at Daluth Packs Co. go for couple hundred bucks, but the mil-grade blankets can be searched out for about 30.
The one down side is that wool is heavy, and does not compress down very well for packing out.
On the subject of avatars, your is antagonistic. Even if I agree with what you say, I still want to take a shot at your dopey little what ever that is.

Old September 27th, 2012 #71
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer
I have a good selection of winter wool purchased at Goodwill. About seven bucks for 100% wool sweater. Just look for the earth tones and yer set up for hunting or whatever.
Thrift stores rule. I scrounged a lipschitz pullover, a hoverboard, and a nordstroms top coat, msrp $420 [googled]. I bet there was more, but some unbearable nigger there slimed the shirts rack first.

Nigger slime ... it'll git ya.

Quote:
On the subject of avatars, your is antagonistic. Even if I agree with what you say, I still want to take a shot at your dopey little what ever that is.
Odd. People typically compliment my sexy smile and hand me free cash.

Old September 27th, 2012 #72
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I know the concept of originality is a hard one for most "whyte nationalists" these days. I took the gnome picture specifically for board goobers who fail to understand a good "kiss my ass" picture when they see one.

Or, did the image of the Gnome's ass cause bad memories of your youth football coach...what was his name? Sandus...something or other.

Old September 28th, 2012 #73
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Just that naked male asses sour my stomach, badly. Actually, with age I find that increasing numbers of things incite my rage. Like noise...

Someday your ringtones, your kike-TV, your goddamn boomcar and/or motorcycle, and most of all YOU are going to die. All of you, of unnatural causes. Maybe nukes from shitsrael. And I shall know peace.

Old September 30th, 2012 #74
brutus

Owls are the only birds that can see the color blue.

Old October 9th, 2012 #75
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

An average of 155,000 people die worldwide each day.

Old October 10th, 2012 #76
DeanSanders
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
That is not nearly enough. We need another massive worldwide influenza epidemic.

Old October 29th, 2012 #77
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
That's good. But we can do better.

Old October 29th, 2012 #78
Alex Linder
Administrator

New word, don't recall ever seeing this mentioned in all the lit i've read or medical stuff i've come across.

Proprioception — from Latin proprius, meaning "one's own," and perception — is one of the human senses. There are between nine and 21 in all, depending on which sense researcher you ask. Rather than sensing external reality, proprioception is the sense of the orientation of one's limbs in space. This is distinct from the sense of balance, which derives from the fluids in the inner ear, and is called equilibrioception. Proprioception is what police officers test when they pull someone over and suspect drunkenness. Without proprioception, we'd need to consciously watch our feet to make sure that we stay upright while walking.

Proprioception doesn't come from any specific organ, but from the nervous system as a whole. Its input comes from sensory receptors distinct from tactile receptors — nerves from inside the body rather than on the surface. Proprioceptive ability can be trained, as can any motor activity.

Without proprioception, drivers would be unable to keep their eyes on the road while driving, as they would need to pay attention to the position of their arms and legs while working the pedals and steering wheel. And I would not be able to type this article without staring at the keys. If you happen to be snacking while reading this article, you would be unable to put food into your mouth without taking breaks to judge the position and orientation of your hands.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-proprioception.htm

Last edited by Alex Linder; September 22nd, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Old November 28th, 2012 #79
Alex Linder
Administrator

Fresno is called "Scream City." Is that true? Never heard that before.

Old November 29th, 2012 #80
Hans Norling
Randomly mutated kveldúlfr

Do all major cities in the US have one of those colourful, alternative names? I am familiar with some of them but I have no idea if large cities commonly get slapped with an alt.

Thread