Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 13th, 2010 #1
Ryan

Default Beware of Local1488.com

I'm at my wit's end with Local1488. *Unbelievably poor customer service and follow-through.

Here's my story:

On May 15th, I ordered several small items totaling $24.50. *I had heard that they could be fairly slow to send orders out, but that the stuff was good and worth the wait. *I was prepared for it to take some time, but I never expected that they would just blatantly lie to me and rip me off.

I was told that they don't charge your card until the order ships. *

My card was charged on May 19th, and the order status was updated to "Packing."

Nothing changed for about three weeks, so I emailed Rob to see what was going on. *I was told that they were out of stock on a pin. *He promised that the order would go out to me as soon as it arrived, and they would throw in some "extra goodies" for the wait. *Fair enough.

Nothing happened.

On June 13th, I emailed him again asking for an update. *He tells me, "Yes sir! They actually just came in Yesterday. There's no mail today being sunday but they'll go out to ya tomorrow morning Sorry for the long wait!"

Guess what?

Nothing happened.

On the 24th, I emailed and he replied that they're out of stock on a ring I ordered. *Funny he didn't mention this before, I thought. *At this point, I asked to cancel the order and get a refund.

Four days later, on June 28th, no refund. *I emailed and asked him what the hold-up was this time. *He said that it would be coming via money order. *

On July 6th, the status of my order was updated to "Refund"

It's now July 13th, and I've gotten nothing. *Now I suppose that I have to take the refund issue up with my bank and see if I can get a charge-back (which might not be possible after waiting this long).

I'll never order anything from them again, and I'll be telling everyone I know not to. *Their behavior and handling of this situation is inexcusable.

Old July 16th, 2010 #2
Xuxalina Rihhia
Banned

I guess they are Jewing people down, right?

Old July 18th, 2010 #3
colleen

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
It's now July 13th, and I've gotten nothing. *Now I suppose that I have to take the refund issue up with my bank and see if I can get a charge-back (which might not be possible after waiting this long).
How would that work? Just go to the bank and tell them you want your money back? Since isn't it to late to "stop payment" since long ago you already paid for the items? Wouldn't Local1488 have to issue you a refund thru payment directly to you, and only a money order or cashier's check would work at this point?

Sorry you had such a crappy experience! & Thanks for the heads up on the shifty service you received from them.

Old August 23rd, 2010 #4
Mr. Bowmont

I ordered something from local1488 and i did receive it, however this was a little over a month later and after a few emails (of which only one was answered).

Old December 20th, 2013 #5
Scott Clarke

Yep, that's the mighty midget rob for ya... NO FOLLOW THROUGH!

Old February 9th, 2015 #6
Aussie WN

I bought stuff from there years ago and didnt have a problem, other than when they got hacked and my personal info was published

Old June 8th, 2017 #7
Ted Ferguson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie WN View Post
I bought stuff from there years ago and didnt have a problem, other than when they got hacked and my personal info was published
All of this sounds like Meth to me. They didn't get "hacked"; they sold your information for Meth. Hate to say it straight like this, but when you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras.

Thread