Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 13th, 2016 #1
Ian Smith son

Default 'They should move to Syria' - Ronaldo's sister slams statue vandals

Quote:
Katia Aveiro hit out at the "pig-headed people" who painted her brother's monument with Lionel Messi's name, and suggested they would feel more comfortable in a warzone

The sister of Cristiano Ronaldo launched an extraordinary attack on the unknown individuals that vandalised a statue of the Real Madrid star in his native Madeira.

Assailants daubed "Messi 10" onto the back of the monument in red paint just one day after Ronaldo finished second to the Argentine in the 2015 Ballon d'Or voting.

And sister Katia Aveito suggested that those responsible would be better suited to life in a warzone in the Middle East.

"You all know I'm this man's sister, and above all how much proud I am to be so, and to know the wonderful and fighting person he is," she said in a statement.

"I could spend hours trying to decypher every kind act and quality that he has.

"I feel shame for the act itself, but I feel even more shameful for the jealousy that exists around him, the hate that some pig-headed, unloved and frustrated people manifested in a low manner, which makes me embarassed and sad as a Portuguese citizen.

"People responsible for this and for other negative things expressed against this man should know that our island was elected the best in the world, not for our beautiful sea nor for our fine cuisine nor for the welcoming nature of the Madeirense people, even though it gets shorter by the time... but partly because of this great Madeirense man who insists in honouring his origins.

"To the world he insists in reminding people on his own free will of the qualities our land has, that help bringing tourists and creating jobs! Most of us should thank and salute to this man, it's thanks to him that a lot of Madeirenses still have their jobs.

"My beautiful island, regrettably, is still inhabited by some frustrated savages who deserve to live in Syria, between people that show no respect and hold no value for life in society.
They should move to Syria - Ronaldo's sister slams statue vandals

Thread