Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 14th, 2021 #41
Lutador Branco

Legend has it that the father of the then boy Hannibal made him swear eternal enmity to Rome, and Hannibal kept his oath until his death.

Old October 27th, 2021 #42
Lutador Branco

Isabel I, Queen of Castile or Isabel, the Catholic.

The Kingdom of Castile was one of the kingdoms that later formed the Kingdom of Spain.

Old October 28th, 2021 #43
Ray Allan

I like King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella because they kicked jews and Moslems out of their country. Also for financing Christopher Columbus. Too bad the term 'Reconquista' has been appropriated by ugly brown mestizos for the supposed re-taking of California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and the state I live in, Nevada.

Makes sense that Isabella would look a lot like her daughter Catherine as shown in the earlier video in this thread.

It would be interesting if the videos showed these people saying something in their native language, Latin, Spanish, Old English, etc.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old October 28th, 2021 #44
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I like King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella because they kicked jews and Moslems out of their country. Also for financing Christopher Columbus. Too bad the term 'Reconquista' has been appropriated by ugly brown mestizos for the supposed re-taking of California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and the state I live in, Nevada.

Makes sense that Isabella would look a lot like her daughter Catherine as shown in the earlier video in this thread.

It would be interesting if the videos showed these people saying something in their native language, Latin, Spanish, Old English, etc.

Yes, Comrade Ray, Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand did reconquer the Iberian Peninsula for the Iberian Kingdoms, and drive out the Jewish and Muslim invaders, and finance and support Columbus.

About the American states of California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and your state Nevada, I think that, contrary to what the mestizos want, a leader like Isabella should emerge to expel the mestizos, and reconquer America for the pure Americans.

Old October 30th, 2021 #45
Ray Allan

Columbus and Queen Isabella

Old October 30th, 2021 #46
Lutador Branco

Quote:

Isabella, Ferdinand and Columbus.

What a beautiful two scenes, Comrade Ray.

In the first one, Columbus is played by Gabriel Byrne, one of my favorites.

Thanks for the valuable contribution!

Old November 12th, 2021 #47
Enbyeff

Quote:
Young Catherine of Aragon was quite pretty if she really looked like that in real life. But Henry VIII wanted a son which she didn't give him. And then five more wives, and we know how four of them lost their heads.

This video in the series in the logical follow-on to the last one. Hope you don't mind my posting it.

Elizabeth I - English Monarchs - Real Faces - Part 1
I have always loved that portrait of Catherine: so demure & lovely. I tend to think she really looked like that, since the soft, round features are very similar to the one of her as a young girl - in contrast to the hideous depiction of her in later life, which looks nothing at all like the earlier pretty versions.

Henry treated that good lady very badly, as he would his subsequent wives. He was basically a shit. Maybe it was due to having a screw loose due to a brain injury from jousting; before that, he was a good-natured, much loved king.

Old November 13th, 2021 #48
Ray Allan

Anne Boleyn must have been quite beautiful, too. Also not treated very well by King Henry losing her head and all.

Old August 24th, 2022 #50
Ray Allan

I have been watching the series on the History Channel about the Roman Colosseum, which was actually called the Flavian Ampitheater. I thought to show this video about the Roman emperors present at the time of its construction and immediately afterward.

Old August 24th, 2022 #51
Lutador Branco

Quote:
I have been watching the series on the History Channel about the Roman Colosseum, which was actually called the Flavian Ampitheater. I thought to show this video about the Roman emperors present at the time of its construction and immediately afterward.

Roman Emperors - Real Faces - Part 3

Very welcome post, Comrade Ray, and super interesting information about the original name of the Coliseum.

This video of the Four Emperors and the Flavian dynasty is really impressive.

Last edited by Lutador Branco; August 24th, 2022 at 04:02 PM.

Old August 24th, 2022 #52
Lutador Branco

In Brazil, political independence and the establishment of the Empire of Brazil, by Emperor Pedro I of Brazil, which took place on September 7, 1822, are commemorated.

That day, Pedro I of Brazil shouted: "By my blood, by my honor, by my God, I swear to promote the freedom of Brazil. Independence or death!"

Below, Pedro I of Brazil, in a painting; in a scene from a Brazilian film showing the proclamation of independence by Pedro I of Brazil; and an image of the face of Pedro I of Brazil from the 3D printing of the emperor's facial reconstruction, based on his skull.

Old August 24th, 2022 #53
Ole Massa

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
The vid poster didnt like me making fun of his video and "axing where is we niggers wuz Caesars".. how quickly cunts deny "racisums" no matter the European topic..
We wuz kangs an sheeyit.

Old August 25th, 2022 #54
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutador Branco View Post
Very welcome post, Comrade Ray, and super interesting information about the original name of the Coliseum.

This video of the Four Emperors and the Flavian dynasty is really impressive.
In the Youtube comments, someone said Vespasian looks like former US President Lyndon B. Johnson and Vitellius looks like the late American actor Ned Beatty.

Old August 25th, 2022 #55
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutador Branco View Post
In Brazil, political independence and the establishment of the Empire of Brazil, by Emperor Pedro I of Brazil, which took place on September 7, 1822, are commemorated.

That day, Pedro I of Brazil shouted: "By my blood, by my honor, by my God, I swear to promote the freedom of Brazil. Independence or death!"

Below, Pedro I of Brazil, in a painting; in a scene from a Brazilian film showing the proclamation of independence by Pedro I of Brazil; and an image of the face of Pedro I of Brazil from the 3D printing of the emperor's facial reconstruction, based on his skull.

07 de setembro de 1822 - Proclamação da Independência do Brasil

Humanização do rosto de Pedro I do Brasil a partir da impressão 3D reconstituição facial do imperado
Coming up on the 200th anniversary of that, I see.

Early 19th century military uniforms, although stylish, looked mighty uncomfortable. This was in the wake of the Napoleonic Wars, with the high collars, tight-fitting coats, etc., mostly woolen. I can't imagine wearing that in a warm climate country like Brazil. Must have been murder on those poor soldiers.

Old August 25th, 2022 #56
Ray Allan

Earlier in this thread, I posted about Christopher Columbus. Panagiotis has published a recent video about him and others connected with him.

Old August 25th, 2022 #57
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Coming up on the 200th anniversary of that, I see.

Early 19th century military uniforms, although stylish, looked mighty uncomfortable. This was in the wake of the Napoleonic Wars, with the high collars, tight-fitting coats, etc., mostly woolen. I can't imagine wearing that in a warm climate country like Brazil. Must have been murder on those poor soldiers.

Yes, Comrade Ray, Brazil is close to the 200th anniversary of that September 7, 1822, and maybe they even take advantage of it politically here, even more so in a year of election for President...

And yes, I also find these early 19th century military uniforms beautiful, elegant, but probably not very suitable for soldiers.

Pedro I of Brazil ruled the Empire from the hot climate of Rio de Janeiro, but the proclamation of independence took place in the cold climate of São Paulo, in a place that is a neighborhood of the city of São Paulo today, where there is a monument with the tomb of the Emperor, with the bones of his and two Empresses, his first and second wives, and I have already visited this monument.

I hope the Leftists don't destroy this.

Old August 25th, 2022 #58
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Earlier in this thread, I posted about Christopher Columbus. Panagiotis has published a recent video about him and others connected with him.

Christopher Columbus-The Age of Exploration-Ferdinand II-John II of Portugal-Isabella I of Castile

Definitely one of the best videos made by Panagiotis Constantinou.

Old August 29th, 2022 #59
Lutador Branco

French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte

Old August 29th, 2022 #60
Ray Allan

Too bad Napoleon didn't live another 20 years or so, we could have had a photograph of him.

That would be an interesting project for some computer graphics expert to age Napoleon to his 70s and produce a hypothetical photographic image of him, such as a Daguerreotype taken in the 1840s.

Thread