Old April 24th, 2014 #161
313Chris

The link isn't working.

Old April 24th, 2014 #162
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Chris View Post
The link isn't working.
Goddamn. It should be fixed now. Our provider kept reverting its settings back to something that was blocking it. Thankfully it looks like it was only inaccessible for a small amount of time before you let us know.

Old April 25th, 2014 #163
Nate Richards

I was hoping they'd fire the lips-n-peckers guy but that snake shake song was actually pretty good.

We need more country songs, just a suggestion, about unearthing weapons.

Old April 25th, 2014 #164
Thad Charles
Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarehead Chris View Post
I actually went on a date with her (sort of) shortly before she hit it big.
She was cute!
sort of

Quote:
I was hoping they'd fire the lips-n-peckers guy but that snake shake song was actually pretty good.
It makes me laugh my ass off. Tremendous theme song for the show.

Old May 2nd, 2014 #165
Alex Linder
Administrator

the new phone books are here!

Podcast #007 (1:43:30), recorded 5-2-14 is out. Touches on many things, KT, worms, seagulls, Russell Kirk book on academia after WWII.

http://vanguardnewsnetwork.com/downl...-05-02-007.mp3

Old May 2nd, 2014 #166
N.B. Forrest

U wuz movin' like Bernie on dis one.

I'm forced to agree about jew-wise Dostoevsky: I tried reading Crime & Punishment; had to stop about halfway through. Part of it was due to reading at this desktop (the WORST way to read anything lengthy), but I found his depictions of Roskolnikov's constant inner mood swings wearying.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Last edited by N.B. Forrest; May 2nd, 2014 at 06:52 PM.

Old May 3rd, 2014 #167
Jimmy Marr

Damn!

I been jonesin' for three days, and the hotdog's been up since yesterday?

I better check my subscription list.

Meanwhile, here's the protest video I had dug up before I realized the hotdog was up.

Old May 3rd, 2014 #168
Jimmy Marr

HEY!

The link isn't working.

Old May 3rd, 2014 #169
varg

For the podcast? It's working for me.

Old May 3rd, 2014 #170
Jimmy Marr

Now it is.

Old May 4th, 2014 #171
James Hawthorne

Info on Mike Myers

Quote:
Myers was born on May 25, 1963 in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the son of English-born parents Eric Myers (1922–1991), an insurance agent, and his wife, Alice E. (née Hind; born 1926), an office supervisor and veteran of the Royal Air Force.[3] Both of his parents were from Liverpool, England. He has two older brothers, Peter Myers and Paul Myers, an indie rock singer-songwriter, broadcaster and author. Myers is of English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry,[4] and was raised Protestant.[5] He holds three citizenships, American, British, and Canadian.[2]

Myers attended Sir John A. Macdonald Collegiate Institute in Scarborough, Ontario and then graduated from Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute in Scarborough, Ontario. He began performing in commercials at age eight, and at ten he made a commercial for British Columbia Hydro Electric, with Gilda Radner playing his mother. When he graduated from high school, he joined the Second City Theatre.

Old May 4th, 2014 #172
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

I could have sworn Patton Oswald was telling the hunting morels story. Hilarious. Really funny stuff.

The SNL guy was Phil Hartman.

These podcasts are quality, Alex. Very listenable. And that alone beats roughly 75% of the other stuff out there.

I literally lol'ed several times.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; May 4th, 2014 at 04:43 AM.

Old May 4th, 2014 #173
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Well, since you continue to ignore my rarely-offered historically-proven marketing advice, in this case specifically towards mentioning how to donate once each podcast:

Quote:
Anyone enjoying these new podcasts should send you a couple of bucks. Nothing is free. I send my occasional nominal cash donations to whomever I see fit with no return address, cash secured in a card. Never had a single issue with the card not showing up.

You want to support filter-free true free speech? Put a few bucks in a card, and post it to:

A. Linder
POB 101
Kirksville MO 63501
It's still quite early, but so far the 'dog is the best thing that has been produced by VNN in years, IMO. Seems to get better with each new podcast. Remember that chick Brevity, man. Keep her in the back of your mind. Easier to keep the energy level up.

Remember lurking white readers and any non-whites with identity issues, or that just love free speech: If you don't want to use a return address on your cash inside a card donation, just don't use one. That simple. The letter will still arrive with no problem.

No reason every single senior member on this forum can't send a lousy $20 out on Monday 5/6 in appreciation of these new podcast. If you don't have the $20, it's cool. $10 shows you at least fucking care.

Because if a $10 hit breaks the precariously quivering meniscus of your personal finances, you shouldn't be reading this. You should be working.

Old May 4th, 2014 #174
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
I could have sworn Patton Oswald was telling the hunting morels story. Hilarious. Really funny stuff.

The SNL guy was Phil Hartman.

These podcasts are quality, Alex. Very listenable. And that alone beats roughly 75% of the other stuff out there.

I literally lol'ed several times.
Thanks, glad you liked it.

Yeah...this illness cost me some brain cells, I hate to say it, but it's true. It's not age, it's just that more frequently stuff I know just will not come to me in the moment, irritating. Yes - PHIL HARTMAN. Subconscious always digs it up day later. Just irritating when you can see the guy in your head and can't think of his name. What am I, 90? Jesus.

I have never eaten a morel, but I feel I need to. I just can't believe they're worth as much as they fetch.

Old May 4th, 2014 #175
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hawthorne View Post
Info on Mike Myers
Thanks, James, interesting stuff. Where would the Mysers come from, one wonders. Hardly seems a name endemic to England. Yet again you've got the aryan Eric in front of it. The guy has never vibed jewy to me, though jews form some of his subject matter, and he does do some sex-dreck.

This is what's hard to communicate to certain WN:

Aryans have their own ways of doing obscenity and irony. I maintain they are distinguishable, in most instances, from the policitized, lower-quality ways jews do them. Roald Dahl does sex-dirt in his adult works. But the jews have never in 2000 years produced a writer of Roald Dahl's quality. And they specialize in reading and writing books.

Old May 4th, 2014 #176
Alex Linder
Administrator

Next podcast will feature a new song...

He's Standing By

I think you're going to like it.

Also today, as I heave dirt to expand my solar-powered garden, because I like to live green, it's just who I am, I have been plotting a newer song. It will be about eggs.

Not all going to be country/gospel, I've got an AC/DC song in the works, called "Heads Will Roll." If I can get it right, I might even hold a casting call for some sauersack backup...

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 4th, 2014 at 02:23 PM.

Old May 4th, 2014 #177
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Next podcast will feature a new song...

He's Standing By

I think you're going to like it.

Also today, as I heave dirt to expand my solar-powered garden, because I like to live green, it's just who I am, I have been plotting a newer song. It will be about eggs.

Not all going to be country/gospel, I've got an AC/DC song in the works, called "Heads Will Roll." If I can get it right, I might even hold a casting call for some sauersack backup...
All we need is a drummer.

Carolyn Yeager's second fiddle is footloose and Pussy-Bund's bassist is bored with Craig's retirement.

Old May 4th, 2014 #178
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Just irritating when you can see the guy in your head and can't think of his name. What am I, 90? Jesus.
Man, make room for me in that boat: short-term memory gone straight to hell. I'll think of the next thing I want to joogle, get distracted for just a moment....POOF! Comes back to me later, usually after I've shut the comp down....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old May 5th, 2014 #179
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
All we need is a drummer.

Carolyn Yeager's second fiddle is footloose and Pussy-Bund's bassist is bored with Craig's retirement.
Projects outside the band are notoriously fraught with peril, Jimmy.

Did you know there is a dueling guitar and bagpipe solo on AC/DC's classic "It's a Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock & Roll"?

Old May 5th, 2014 #180
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Projects outside the band are notoriously fraught with peril, Jimmy.

Did you know there is a dueling guitar and bagpipe solo on AC/DC's classic "It's a Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock & Roll"?
No. I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out, I guess, even though I'm still having trouble getting the image out of my head.

I must really be getting old. The piper, if we could call him that, in the video I watched, wasn't playing the bagpipes. He was fellating them.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this impression should be avoided. Hopefully, it's only obvious to me because I'm a piper, but that guy is jumping around so much that every time the drones flop backwards, the blowstick is shoved forward and upward into his mouth so far that you can see it bulging against the inside of his far cheek.

Personally, at this point in my life, I'd rather stand up straight and risk looking like a prude, even if it means never making it to the top.

Very interesting, nevertheless. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Tags
#1, alex linder, broadcast, radio

Thread